PDA

View Full Version : Selling a fine timepiece

PhiDeltBeers
1/5/2012, 04:17 PM
Not sure if I'm breaking any rules or not (I'm sure Dean'll let me know :courage:), but here goes:

Well, I sold the love of my life...a Nissan GT-R (car in my avi) to make room for our second child (which my wife is now pregnant with). So, my wife bought me a new Rolex Daytona for our 5 year anniversary to "try" to make me happy. I already own a ceramic Rolex GMT II and a Breitling Navitimer World. Quite frankly, I just never wear this Rolex Daytona (maybe 5 times since it was bought in September of 2011.)

I have everything that came with the watch, box, papers, etc...

It is a V serial number (meaning it's the newest model available). There's a 5-7 year waiting period to buy this piece at an authorized Rolex dealer.

I'm asking $12,500 for any of you willing to pony-up.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9974/dsc0341j.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/233/dsc0341j.jpg/)

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/3603/dsc0336r.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/dsc0336r.jpg/)

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2910/dsc0337l.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/dsc0337l.jpg/)

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5344/dsc0338i.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/dsc0338i.jpg/)

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8166/dsc0339n.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/dsc0339n.jpg/)

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/673/dsc0326bv.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/dsc0326bv.jpg/)

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/7122/dsc0328o.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/815/dsc0328o.jpg/)

olevetonahill
1/5/2012, 04:28 PM
No rules against peddling stuff
Prolly shoulda put it in the SWAP forum tho. Im sure it will be there in a bit anyway

But let me be the 1st to make ya a counter offer.
Ill give ya treefidy and a FULL bag of cheetos :very_drunk:

Boomer.....
1/5/2012, 04:32 PM
How's your wife feel about you selling it, Bruce?

Mississippi Sooner
1/5/2012, 04:33 PM
I'll trade you a fine Casio.

Lott's Bandana
1/5/2012, 04:34 PM
Man, I'd just like to drive a GT-R once.

PhiDeltBeers
1/5/2012, 04:35 PM
Bruce???

She's ok with it. We want to put a pool in, so I figure this is a good start. Might sell the others as well as it would pay for half the pool.

PhiDeltBeers
1/5/2012, 04:37 PM
No you don't. It's addictive! I teared up when I let that thing go, but it was the smart decision. I WILL have another toy someday!

KantoSooner
1/5/2012, 04:37 PM
I have a case of homemade wine which compares favorably with Chateau Margeaux 1934. Since that goes for around $2,000 a bottle, we'll both make out great on the deal. I'll even drive it down to you.
Deal?

PhiDeltBeers
1/5/2012, 04:38 PM
No rules against peddling stuff
Prolly shoulda put it in the SWAP forum tho. Im sure it will be there in a bit anyway

But let me be the 1st to make ya a counter offer.
Ill give ya treefidy and a FULL bag of cheetos :very_drunk:

Hey Vet, guess you noticed my ban is up! Lol, I got over it.

PhiDeltBeers
1/5/2012, 04:40 PM
Don't really drink much anymore. I had what some people might call a drinking problem back in the day. ; )

olevetonahill
1/5/2012, 04:47 PM
Don't really drink much anymore. I had what some people might call a drinking problem back in the day. ; )

I had a drankin Prob
I once ran out of Beer :very_drunk:

Viking Kitten
1/5/2012, 04:52 PM
I know when I sold my third Rolex, I sunk into a deep depression only a month at the Maldives Four Seasons could cure. People just don't understand what it's like to be us, you know?

olevetonahill
1/5/2012, 04:55 PM
I had a Rolodex once. I still miss it :very_drunk:

KantoSooner
1/5/2012, 04:56 PM
Next time stop over at the Banyan Tree and we'll commiserate in a bottle of Montrachet and a cocoa butter rub down.

PhiDeltBeers
1/5/2012, 04:59 PM
I know when I sold my third Rolex, I sunk into a deep depression only a month at the Maldives Four Seasons could cure. People just don't understand what it's like to be us, you know?

We all have our crutches. Mine are cars and watches. Funny how my watches values are doing better than my 401k. Heck my GT-R held it's value better than my 401k. We just want a pool now more than the jewelry. My wife and I have nearly $30k in watches alone. Good thing is you can sell them for about the same (sometimes more) than you paid. My first Rolex I bought preowned for $3k and 2 years later, I sold it for $3700. But yeah, I dig a nice timepiece....this one was just overkill and I never wear it.

Viking Kitten
1/5/2012, 05:01 PM
I'll take the G5 over right now! Oh FML... my private pilot is on vacation this week. God, t's just so hard to be me sometimes.

Lott's Bandana
1/5/2012, 05:03 PM
VK, what is Crankyville's airport code?

Viking Kitten
1/5/2012, 05:08 PM
PMS.

olevetonahill
1/5/2012, 05:09 PM
VK, what is Crankyville's airport code?

CBX
Cranky Bitch Air Port

olevetonahill
1/5/2012, 05:09 PM
PMS.
I like that one to.

dwarthog
1/5/2012, 05:39 PM
I might be interested.

Got change for $1,000,000 dollar bill?

IB4OU2
1/5/2012, 05:42 PM
I'll take the G5 over right now! Oh FML... my private pilot is on vacation this week. God, t's just so hard to be me sometimes.
^
:D

PhiDeltBeers
1/5/2012, 05:47 PM
Sorry Viking, missed your sarcasm earlier. I was assuming that many people on here had a college degree and have the means to aquire items that aren't a necessity. Everyone spends money in different ways. Boats, homes, land, investments, cars, trucks, guns, ect...so, thought I might catch an eye. By no means am I on here touting about material objects I have as I know the value of a dollar. I didn't have the proverbial spoon shoved in my mouth when I was born. At the end of the day it's all relative. Just thought there might be some members on here that might have an interest. If not, no biggie...just trying to avoid ebay at this point.

Lott's Bandana
1/5/2012, 05:55 PM
Bro, don't do eBay. There are many places that would give you the value you want from that piece...jewelry brokers, auction houses, etc. I can't imagine you couldn't get some real interest if you sought out a real collector.

olevetonahill
1/5/2012, 06:00 PM
I might be interested.

Got change for $1,000,000 dollar bill?

I spent Mine at the Walmart

Sorry Viking, missed your sarcasm earlier. I was assuming that many people on here had a college degree and have the means to aquire items that aren't a necessity. Everyone spends money in different ways. Boats, homes, land, investments, cars, trucks, guns, ect...so, thought I might catch an eye. By no means am I on here touting about material objects I have as I know the value of a dollar. I didn't have the proverbial spoon shoved in my mouth when I was born. At the end of the day it's all relative. Just thought there might be some members on here that might have an interest. If not, no biggie...just trying to avoid ebay at this point.

I still aint seen a better offer than Mine yet, When ya want to do the deal?

PhiDeltBeers
1/5/2012, 06:02 PM
Bro, don't do eBay. There are many places that would give you the value you want from that piece...jewelry brokers, auction houses, etc. I can't imagine you couldn't get some real interest if you sought out a real collector.

I have it posted on Facebook, the Rolex Forum as well as some of the car forums I frequent. I also have the broker I bought it from working on it as well. So I have a few rods in the water...just trying to advertise it some.

soonerboomer93
1/5/2012, 06:04 PM
can you have secks on it?

olevetonahill
1/5/2012, 06:05 PM
Nothing wrong with that Bro
I really cant remember the last time I wore a watch tho
Just never have and Prolly never will get into jewelry

olevetonahill
1/5/2012, 06:06 PM
can you have secks on it?
Heh , If ya Buy it Ya done got ****ed :very_drunk:

PhiDeltBeers
1/5/2012, 06:07 PM
I spent Mine at the Walmart

I still aint seen a better offer than Mine yet, When ya want to do the deal?

You let me shoot that buck on your land? :smiley_simmons:

olevetonahill
1/5/2012, 06:09 PM
You let me shoot that buck on your land? :smiley_simmons:
For the Watch?
Come on DOWN

Mjcpr
1/5/2012, 06:41 PM
I will take 3 of them.

Lott's Bandana
1/5/2012, 06:57 PM
I have it posted on Facebook, the Rolex Forum as well as some of the car forums I frequent. I also have the broker I bought it from working on it as well. So I have a few rods in the water...just trying to advertise it some.

I've always wanted a Submariner. Kind of fits my life.

I also collect watches, but at a much more pauperous(?) level.

PhiDeltBeers
1/5/2012, 09:05 PM
I've always wanted a Submariner. Kind of fits my life.

I also collect watches, but at a much more pauperous(?) level.

I here ya. I have just accumulated these over the years and began to think how much $ I have tied up in them. You tend to start thinking about other things you can do with the money (especially having children). I have a Citizen dive watch I got in Playa Del Carmen on my honeymoon. It's my "cheap" watch, but even it was around $400. I used to have a nice swiss army as well, but I gave it to my dad. Love the Submariner as it's very close to my GMT. Nice to see someone who shares my interests in cars and watches. I should send you the video of my old GT-R pounding on my buddies Z06 Corvette. Of course, I was throwing down 600hp running 101 octane. That thing would cure an adrenaline junkie. Anyway, doubt this board will find a home for the watch. Just thought it'd be cool to sell it to another Sooner fan.

cccasooner2
1/5/2012, 09:19 PM
We all have our crutches. Mine are cars and watches. Funny how my watches values are doing better than my 401k. Heck my GT-R held it's value better than my 401k. We just want a pool now more than the jewelry. My wife and I have nearly $30k in watches alone. Good thing is you can sell them for about the same (sometimes more) than you paid. My first Rolex I bought preowned for $3k and 2 years later, I sold it for $3700. But yeah, I dig a nice timepiece....this one was just overkill and I never wear it.

It's a good thing that the desire to have something that Mr. Jones doesn't have lives in the human spirit. Otherwise, a fancy watch would be worth metal value only and would have been obsolete long ago.

Lott's Bandana
1/5/2012, 09:52 PM
I here ya. I have just accumulated these over the years and began to think how much $ I have tied up in them. You tend to start thinking about other things you can do with the money (especially having children). I have a Citizen dive watch I got in Playa Del Carmen on my honeymoon. It's my "cheap" watch, but even it was around $400. I used to have a nice swiss army as well, but I gave it to my dad. Love the Submariner as it's very close to my GMT. Nice to see someone who shares my interests in cars and watches. I should send you the video of my old GT-R pounding on my buddies Z06 Corvette. Of course, I was throwing down 600hp running 101 octane. That thing would cure an adrenaline junkie. Anyway, doubt this board will find a home for the watch. Just thought it'd be cool to sell it to another Sooner fan.

Well, we are like minds. I pledged PhiDelt but never got initiated because I quit school to join the Navy.

And, I drive a Nissan. :applouse:

soonerinabilene
1/5/2012, 10:18 PM
I have aquired a collection of Fossil watches over the years, and have been wanting a Citizen Eco... But even that idea makes my wife give me a dirty look. Be thankful your wife was willing to go along with what you wanted to collect.

Blue
1/5/2012, 10:26 PM
If you don't mind me asking...

1. What do you do?
2. Are you hiring?

Lott's Bandana
1/5/2012, 10:27 PM
If you don't mind me asking...

1. What do you do?
2. Are you hiring?

This crossed my mind as well!

PhiDeltBeers
1/5/2012, 11:02 PM
My wife and I bought out a clothing store a little over 5 years ago and it's proved to be a major blessing. We typically carry between 8-12 employees that can pretty much run the store. I make it in about once a month, but I have my own career as a wholesale lumber distributor that I've been doing ever since I was in college (10 years now). It's not a bad gig either. Can't say this was my dream, but it's made many dreams come true. Sorry, not a doctor or lawyer or anything cool...just a guy who made some good decisions when the opportunities came by.

PhiDeltBeers
1/5/2012, 11:05 PM
I was actually a Phi Delt at the "other" Oklahoma school, but I had a hand in getting the Phi's back on campus in Norman. I intiated the first pledge class. Jack Mildren was actually a Phi as well as Robin Siegfried (used to run around with his son...talk about money!)

Breadburner
1/6/2012, 12:35 AM
Lol...Robin....Lucky sperm club member.....!!!!

PhiDeltBeers
1/6/2012, 08:00 AM
Lol...Robin....Lucky sperm club member.....!!!!

Indeed. He kinda humiliated me once by asking, so what to you doing for a living (in front of a bunch of "hi-rollers"). I told him that I drive a forklift and pull lumber orders (I was just out of college). Needless to say, he was never a person I looked up to.

Lott's Bandana
1/6/2012, 10:23 AM
I was actually a Phi Delt at the "other" Oklahoma school, but I had a hand in getting the Phi's back on campus in Norman. I intiated the first pledge class. Jack Mildren was actually a Phi as well as Robin Siegfried (used to run around with his son...talk about money!)

Jack used to throw passes to me and my friend when we were 8 years old. I had a hard time catching them because they came so fast! (to my 8 yo mind). My friend's Dad was also a Phi Delt and they both were reasons I pledged.

OULenexaman
1/6/2012, 10:24 AM
I had a drankin Prob
I once ran out of Beer :very_drunk: This happens to me from time to time......and it is a problem.

olevetonahill
1/6/2012, 10:29 AM
This happens to me from time to time......and it is a problem.

Once was enough, Ive since learned to Plan well ahead

OULenexaman
1/6/2012, 10:33 AM
Maybe my problem is I don't watch the time close enough....

olevetonahill
1/6/2012, 10:36 AM
Maybe my problem is I don't watch the time close enough....
Heard there is a Fine watch around here somewhere that ya can buy . Might help ya with yer Beer Plans

SoonerAtKU
1/6/2012, 02:59 PM
If anyone wants to sell a fine dimepiece, I'm interested, but officially my stance on human trafficking is "no".

8timechamps
1/6/2012, 04:54 PM
While I never got into the Rolex thing, I have a couple of watches that are fairly valuable. My reasoning is that I will pass one to each of my boys upon my untimely demise (whenever it happens, it will be untimely).

Although they'll get all my other stuff, my hope is that they will keep the watches and pass them on to their children some day (unless they are gay, in which case maybe they can adopt and pass it on to their adopted Ethiopian child).

GDC
1/6/2012, 09:06 PM
HenZ4Z7w0qM

soonerinabilene
1/6/2012, 09:23 PM
If they are gay, at least hiding it up their *** in a vietnam prison wont be a problem...

salth2o
1/6/2012, 09:23 PM
I would love to have a nice watch. My wife bought me a Fossil, but it does not scratch my itch and just sits in my drawer. A Tag Heuer would do me fine, but for now I wear my $30 Times Ironman Triathlon w/ Indiglo lighting.

PhiDeltBeers
1/17/2012, 03:47 PM
Sold! :greedy_dollars:

TUSooner
1/17/2012, 04:08 PM
***Everyone spends money in different ways. Boats, homes, land, investments, cars, trucks, guns, ect...so, thought I might catch an eye....

Yeah. With me it's groceries, beer, kids' tuition, various bills, repair of old cars... all the really glam stuff ! :wink:

Actually, we did go to France last month to visit my daughter and some of the wife's kin, but we had some help with the airfare

yermom
1/17/2012, 04:50 PM
Not sure I could part with a GT-R...

Kids can eat bologna and cheese :biggrin:

PhiDeltBeers
1/17/2012, 05:04 PM
Not sure I could part with a GT-R...

Kids can eat bologna and cheese :biggrin:

Amen brother. Funny, my wife just got a new Escalade last month. Not real sure, but I think I got screwed on that deal! I still cringe when I think about my old GT-R...still bothers me...but at the end of the day, it's not very practical to haul the kiddos around in. We've been pretty blessed, so I won't complain too much. Should have seen the Bentley the guy was driving that bought the watch! That dude made me look like I was on welfare! He owns hospitals or something like that. Told me to get with him if I ever wanted to expand my business. I wanted to ask him if he could just give me a job. Lol!

SicEmBaylor
1/17/2012, 05:07 PM
I would trade my miata for that car.

yermom
1/17/2012, 08:24 PM
Amen brother. Funny, my wife just got a new Escalade last month. Not real sure, but I think I got screwed on that deal! I still cringe when I think about my old GT-R...still bothers me...but at the end of the day, it's not very practical to haul the kiddos around in. We've been pretty blessed, so I won't complain too much. Should have seen the Bentley the guy was driving that bought the watch! That dude made me look like I was on welfare! He owns hospitals or something like that. Told me to get with him if I ever wanted to expand my business. I wanted to ask him if he could just give me a job. Lol!

thankfully, i'm driving my slightly more practical dream car that would haul a couple of kids quite nicely :D

SicEmBaylor
1/17/2012, 08:30 PM
Every year, my dad had a tradition of buying himself a new fake Rolex at the gun show in Tulsa. He loved those damned things, and all of his patients always thought it was real and that he bought a new one every year. He'd tell them "keep getting sick so I can get a new watch!"

SicEmBaylor
1/17/2012, 08:31 PM
thankfully, i'm driving my slightly more practical dream car that would haul a couple of kids quite nicely :D
You still rockin' the Subaru?

yermom
1/17/2012, 09:55 PM
yeah, it's starting to show its age a bit though

yermom
1/17/2012, 10:14 PM
it sounds like he already sold it to Vet

cleller
1/17/2012, 10:46 PM
Wow, I can hardly understand all this. I glanced at the watch in question, and couldn't really tell what time it was. I just bought a new watch last week, that I CAN tell the time at a glance, for $12,490 less.

I am consoled some in the fact that the tractor I bought in September cost $2000 less than this. It came with a front loader and box blade.

yermom
1/17/2012, 10:53 PM
you see, the big hand...

Oldnslo
1/18/2012, 10:43 AM
Dang. I just now saw this. I picked up a Girard Perragaux Sea Hawk II early this year. FWIW, Homey is to blame for this, and he doesn't even know!

olevetonahill
1/18/2012, 11:10 AM
it sounds like he already sold it to Vet

Hope he enjoys them Cheetos, Oh and the 1 day hunt next season :very_drunk:

Jacie
1/21/2012, 12:18 PM
I would trade my miata for that car.

You_own_a_miata?

And the legend grows . . .

SicEmBaylor
1/21/2012, 01:30 PM
You_own_a_miata?

And the legend grows . . .

Anyone who says driving a Miata isn't a f'n blast is a lying sack of ****.

It needs to be replaced though. I'm likely getting something else in March, and I'm leaning toward going back to a New Beetle.

AlboSooner
1/21/2012, 01:39 PM
Man, I'd just like to drive a GT-R once.

This. I'd pay OP, just to drive his GT-R around teh block.

Just realized Op has sold GTR. <insert mancard joke here>

Fraggle145
1/21/2012, 02:21 PM
Anyone who says driving a Miata isn't a f'n blast is a lying sack of ****.

It needs to be replaced though. I'm likely getting something else in March, and I'm leaning toward going back to a New Beetle.

Just when I think Sic'em cant get any more Sic'em-like he proves me wrong.

GottaHavePride
1/21/2012, 02:34 PM
Man, at least step up to the Mini Cooper. Do they even still MAKE the new beetle?

GottaHavePride
1/21/2012, 02:34 PM
Or for real, go test drive a Fiat 500.

yermom
1/21/2012, 03:07 PM
Man, at least step up to the Mini Cooper. Do they even still MAKE the new beetle?

it's now the NEW New Beetle

at least the Miata is RWD...

SicEmBaylor
1/21/2012, 03:15 PM
it's now the NEW New Beetle

at least the Miata is RWD...
They should have called it the "New Beetle 2." New New Beetle is retarded.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/21/2012, 05:23 PM
Of course, I was throwing down 600hp running 101 octane.

You have that much problem with detonation? My GT500 is at 841 off the dyno on 92 octane. Of course, trying to explain why I needed that new Kenne Bell supercharger for a commuter car was kind of a rough passage through Congress.

Oh, and, I don't even wear a watch, but good luck.

Lott's Bandana
1/22/2012, 12:42 PM
I like the styling of the newnew Beetle. They tried to make it more manly, didn't, but it looks better.

yermom
1/22/2012, 01:17 PM
They should have called it the "New Beetle 2." New New Beetle is retarded.

do they really call it that??

C&CDean
1/22/2012, 01:43 PM
The amount of downright, outright, complete and total queerness in this thread is appalling.

As to the watch, I just finished reading (well listening to an audio book out on the road) called Dead Zero by Stephen Hunter (it's a Bob Lee Swagger installment and it was pretty damn good). Anyhow, this raghead mother****er owns like 150 high-dollar watches. Sick bastard. He ends up getting shot in the face with a .308 by Swagger's son Sgt. Cruz. One of the watches described is made by some guy by hand. Only makes 12 a year. 15 year wait list. Over $100K per watch.

I don't own a watch. I've got an iphone.

PhiDeltBeers
3/12/2012, 09:57 AM
This. I'd pay OP, just to drive his GT-R around teh block.

Just realized Op has sold GTR. <insert mancard joke here>

Yup, but got this IS-F last month:

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/5374/isf1q.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/814/isf1q.jpg/)

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9163/isf3.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/isf3.jpg/)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8130/isf2.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/isf2.jpg/)

Definitely, not in the same league as the GT-R, but still pretty quick AND 4 doors! By the way, we found out we're having another little girl in June. We're very excited!

Boomer.....
3/12/2012, 10:46 AM
Nice!

C&CDean
3/12/2012, 02:20 PM
I was down at Hennessey Performance in Houston a week or so ago picking up a Velociraptor 600. They had a black GTR-800 (it may have been one of their first 800's since all I've seen before is the 700). 800 HP, ~2 seconds 0-60, and ~10 seconds in the 1/4. Pretty slick ride.

I'd still rather have one of the Hennessey Cobras or the Boss 302 they do that puts out 700 HP, or even the CTS-V1000 (pretty stupid to make a CTS-V 1K HP when they are one of the fastest cars I've ever driven stock). I'm partial to American iron, and just can't get into foreign "hot rods."

Howzit
3/12/2012, 02:22 PM
Can you have sex on it?

C&CDean
3/12/2012, 02:28 PM
I can. You can't.

PhiDeltBeers
3/12/2012, 02:40 PM
Ha, it was between the IS-F and the CTS-V for me. Wife hated the look of the Caddy (funny she got an Escalade). I drive quite a bit and the Lexus had better MPG's. Would have loved to had that V power though. And those Hennesey Cars are amazing. My GT-R was tuned (101 oct) and my best was a 10.9 @ 127mph on stock 20" runflats. 0-60 in 2.8 with rollout. Don't remember my 60', but wanta say 1.6. AWD does wonders combined with that stupid fast tranny. This Lexus would be good mid to high 12's, so it seems slow! Ha!

8timechamps
3/12/2012, 03:35 PM
I was down at Hennessey Performance in Houston a week or so ago picking up a Velociraptor 600. They had a black GTR-800 (it may have been one of their first 800's since all I've seen before is the 700). 800 HP, ~2 seconds 0-60, and ~10 seconds in the 1/4. Pretty slick ride.

I'd still rather have one of the Hennessey Cobras or the Boss 302 they do that puts out 700 HP, or even the CTS-V1000 (pretty stupid to make a CTS-V 1K HP when they are one of the fastest cars I've ever driven stock). I'm partial to American iron, and just can't get into foreign "hot rods."

That's all I would ever need.

Howzit
3/12/2012, 03:47 PM
I can. You can't.

I meant the watch. Having sex on a car would be weird.

colleyvillesooner
3/12/2012, 04:19 PM
Am i missing an inside joke with this thread?

8timechamps
3/12/2012, 04:57 PM
I meant the watch. Having sex on a car would be weird.

Would you prefer somewhere quiet for you and Dean?

proud gonzo
3/12/2012, 07:45 PM
BTW, we're selling a 1992 Lincoln Town Car for 10% the price of his watch.

yermom
3/12/2012, 07:58 PM

srsly?

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/velociraptor-600-sc.html

my car's still faster to 60 ;)

yermom
3/12/2012, 07:59 PM
oh, and i need a new timepiece. my Invicta just kinda went Tango Uniform

olevetonahill
3/12/2012, 08:04 PM
oh, and i need a new timepiece. my Invicta just kinda went Tango Uniform
You an Howzit have to much sex on it?

PhiDeltBeers
3/13/2012, 07:46 AM
That thing weighs over 6,000 lbs though. Still my Jeep SRT8 would have beat it, but if I was gonna drive a truck, that's the one I'd pick!

OULenexaman
3/13/2012, 08:40 AM
Not in that color...

C&CDean
3/13/2012, 06:34 PM
srsly?

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/velociraptor-600-sc.html

my car's still faster to 60 ;)

Heh. That truck takes bigger ****s than your car.

I drove the Velociraptor I picked up. It's fun...for a truck. It'd be real fun flying through the desert (what's it's designed to do) but alas, the poor dumb bastard who spent $92K on the one I brought back wouldn't like that much.

When I talked to a couple of the guys who tune/test the Hennessey performance add-ons they said "they're all fun to test, but the funnest are the CTS-V's and the Shelbys." They all agreed that the baddest of the bad though were the Vipers they tweaked. Bad boys.

C&CDean
3/13/2012, 06:37 PM
Oh, and 110mph top speed? I did considerably more than that on the half-mile of road in front of the house.

8timechamps
3/13/2012, 09:38 PM
THIS is what I'm waiting for:

2014 Shelby GT500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoy73vGwQWg