Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers

Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami

Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State

Olivier Vernon, DE, Miami

Brandon Washington, OT/G, Miami

Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State

BillyBall
1/5/2012, 04:08 PM
Darrell Scott may be the biggest 5* bust in the last decade.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2012, 04:12 PM
I remember Colorado fans boasting he would be better than AD...and I can't figure out for the life of me why a 500 yard rusher would declare early for the draft unless he was told to leave the team.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/5/2012, 04:54 PM
Do you think Ronnell will hold there or fall to the 3rd? I mean he does have a frame that is tailor made for the NFL (james harrison type), but I just don't know if people will sour on him with all of the school stuff.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2012, 04:56 PM
If he works out like I think he will, then I think he will hold...Now if he gets blown up in the interviews, he could fall to the middle of the 3rd.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2012, 04:57 PM
I remember when they interviewed Dan Cody, I thought nobody would pick him by the time it was over.

badger
1/5/2012, 05:09 PM
Can ya distinguish the Big 12 and OU ones somehow pretty please? :D

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2012, 05:15 PM
there is 2 so far...Blackmon and Lewis

Scott D
1/5/2012, 05:27 PM
Forston's stock certainly has dropped

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2012, 05:30 PM
None of the Miami early departures are superstars...must be a house cleaning or a disgruntled coach-player relationship.

Jacie
1/5/2012, 05:31 PM
We haven't heard from the ones who still have bowl games to play so this list will get longer.

Schools with multiple underclassmen (so far):

Miami - 5 Losing their leading rusher (Miller) and QB, Jacory Harris, along with the other underclassmen (a DE, DT, WR and OG) and the seniors, it won't be easy for Miami to improve on 6-6.

Stanford - 3 Besides Luck, two of the guys who blocked for him declared. While this is being compared to when John Elway left Stanford, under Luck, they actually won (I don't think Elway ever played in a bowl game). Hard to see this team matching 2011's 11-2 record, however.

USC - 2 The effects of probation continue to be felt (only 11 recruits, though all highly rated ones) and losing these two guys (an OL and LB) a year early, while par for the course, make a tough situation worse. At least they still have Barkley at QB.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2012, 05:32 PM
Also, it's 10 days til the deadline, so there will be a lot more entrees from teams that have already played.

Scott D
1/5/2012, 05:33 PM
None of the Miami early departures are superstars...must be a house cleaning or a disgruntled coach-player relationship.

Probably a house cleaning from Shapiro-gate.

DarrellZero
1/5/2012, 05:36 PM
USC - 2 The effects of probation continue to be felt (only 11 recruits, though all highly rated ones) and losing these two guys (an OL and LB) a year early, while par for the course, make a tough situation worse. At least they still have Barkley at QB.

I have no idea why Barkley is sticking around.

Jacie
1/5/2012, 05:44 PM

Maybe he didn't like his projected draft position . . .

badger
1/5/2012, 05:46 PM
Maybe he didn't like his projected draft position . . .

Wisconsin's Monte Ball said that was a reason why he was staying in college (apparently only projected to go in third round)

BillyBall
1/5/2012, 05:46 PM
I'm shocked Montee Ball is returning. As a RB, get your money while you can...

Jacie
1/5/2012, 05:50 PM
Wisconsin's Monte Ball said that was a reason why he was staying in college (apparently only projected to go in third round)

Are you sure there's not a woman involved?

Eielson
1/5/2012, 06:07 PM

I don't see how another year is going to make his stock go up. It's not like he can have a much better season.

BruinSooner
1/5/2012, 06:23 PM
Do you think Ronnell will hold there or fall to the 3rd? I mean he does have a frame that is tailor made for the NFL (james harrison type), but I just don't know if people will sour on him with all of the school stuff.

Could be another Torrance Marshall. Ronnell should be able to be a ST demon in the NFL.

cccasooner2
1/5/2012, 07:42 PM

He has c = sqrt(a^2 + b^2) down, so he should be ready to go.

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2012, 07:47 PM

If Ronnell really is a James Harrison type, he'll need at least enough math skills to subtract fines and lost game checks from suspensions in order to determine his real pay.

Eielson
1/5/2012, 08:03 PM
Any word on Broderick Brown, Geno Smith, or Tavon Austin?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2012, 08:11 PM
I'm thinking all 3 are back, but geno smith should test the waters.. This is a weak, weak class of quarterbacks

Eielson
1/5/2012, 08:25 PM
I'm thinking all 3 are back, but geno smith should test the waters.. This is a weak, weak class of quarterbacks

With Landry and Barkley staying, do you think the Rams could get much for the #2 pick? It appears that you're out of luck in this draft if you're looking for a QB and don't get Luck or RGIII.

CowboyMRW
1/5/2012, 08:25 PM
Hey STEP, saw on Twitter that our CB Broderick Brown was trying to decide. What do you think about it. I think he should stay but I haven't really heard his name mentioned a lot about the draft and it got me wondering

Eielson
1/5/2012, 08:28 PM
Hey STEP, saw on Twitter that our CB Broderick Brown was trying to decide. What do you think about it. I think he should stay but I haven't really heard his name mentioned a lot about the draft and it got me wondering

I bet STEP thinks he'll stay! :P

CowboyMRW
1/5/2012, 08:57 PM
I bet STEP thinks he'll stay! :P

Haha, Didn't even see that. My bad.

Salt City Sooner
1/5/2012, 10:50 PM
I have no idea why Barkley is sticking around.Because they'll be loaded (pre-season top 5) next year & will actually be eligible for the CCG & bowls.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2012, 11:14 PM
Brown should come back unless he doesn't want to graduate college or he isn't going to.. He is optimal a 3rd round pick, but unless he grows a few more inches, he'll be a middle round guy next year also.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2012, 10:24 AM
Not a big deal, but Ben Habern filed papers with the Draft Advisory committee...

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2012, 10:27 AM
Updated list also.

Jacie
1/7/2012, 11:24 AM
Add this one to the list, Dwayne Allen, from Clemson and Mackey Award winner this year as the nation’s top tight end. Not surprisingly, he is projected as the top TE in this year's draft.

StoopTroup
1/7/2012, 02:16 PM
I'm shocked Montee Ball is returning. As a RB, get your money while you can...

Same here. He should have won the Heisman IMHO. Maybe that's why he's coming back? This is also the first year the Rookies have dealt with the new restrictions on salary. Maybe he thinks things will change or get better for him next year or that Sociology Degree will pay off big.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2012, 06:22 PM
Added Allen along with Brock Osweiler, QB from Arizona St, who could really throw a monkey wrench in the drafting of Weeden and some of the other QBs outside of the top 2

LSUdeek
1/7/2012, 06:27 PM
Most think Morris Claiborne and Rueben Randle are likely to declare from LSU. Randle would do better to stay, but Claiborne is projected as a top ten pick.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2012, 06:33 PM
Deek, I've heard Claiborne has already narrowed his agent choice down and is gone...Top 5 pick IMO...Randle is a 3rd round pick in this draft IMO, so unless he knows he isn't going to finish school, he should go back to LSU..

Also from the rumor mill: New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Green Bay all are very interested in Ronnell both as a OLB in their 3-4 and possible ILB depending on situation...And no one is concerned about his academic issues.

CowboyMRW
1/11/2012, 01:53 PM
Big blow to Georgia today. Orson Charles declares for the draft. Think he would be a very good steal for someone like Denver

stoops the eternal pimp
1/11/2012, 01:56 PM
Another TE....He is concerned about getting injured, family needs money, etc...I hope it works out for him.

badger
1/11/2012, 02:11 PM
Running backs are dime a dozen these days it seems. You are more likely to get a bust than an Adrian Peterson/Barry Sanders in the first round these days... and on top of that, there's tons of serviceable backs in later rounds (or undrafted) that are far cheaper.

I am not trying to knock running backs, I wish the Packers had a good one. I just think teams are increasingly putting first round value on the offensive line that blocks in front of them than the running backs themselves. Thus, you have guys like LaMichael James and Montee Ball projected to go in the third round

Mississippi Sooner
1/11/2012, 02:20 PM
Running backs are dime a dozen these days it seems. You are more likely to get a bust than an Adrian Peterson/Barry Sanders in the first round these days... and on top of that, there's tons of serviceable backs in later rounds (or undrafted) that are far cheaper.

I am not trying to knock running backs, I wish the Packers had a good one. I just think teams are increasingly putting first round value on the offensive line that blocks in front of them than the running backs themselves. Thus, you have guys like LaMichael James and Montee Ball projected to go in the third round

I just wanna know why Ryan Grant decided to wait until the last two weeks of the season to play like the old Ryan Grant!

CowboyMRW
1/11/2012, 02:29 PM

Very much so. I think I read that there are something like 75 RB's in the NFL that average 4 yards/carry. Which really is all you need from a RB minus the pass protection schemes

CowboyMRW
1/11/2012, 02:31 PM
Another TE....He is concerned about getting injured, family needs money, etc...I hope it works out for him.

What do you think about him? Personally I liked him when he was at Georgia. Him and Murray really clicked, that could've been because of them going to HS together or whatnot but I was a fan of his.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/11/2012, 02:42 PM
What do you think about him? Personally I liked him when he was at Georgia. Him and Murray really clicked, that could've been because of them going to HS together or whatnot but I was a fan of his.

Middle of the 2nd round guy...probably 2nd or 3rd TE to go...Aaron Hernandez type player, soft hand and an improved run blocker..still needs to improve in that area a bit, but good coaching/right team could make him a long timer in the league.

badger
1/11/2012, 03:15 PM
I just wanna know why Ryan Grant decided to wait until the last two weeks of the season to play like the old Ryan Grant!

The running back position in general (Ryan Grant and Ram Steven Jackson) are basically why my first-ever fantasy league team sucked this past season :(

Mississippi Sooner
1/11/2012, 03:21 PM
The running back position in general (Ryan Grant and Ram Steven Jackson) are basically why my first-ever fantasy league team sucked this past season :(

Same here. I thought I was back in it when Demarco came alive but then, well, you know.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/12/2012, 10:03 PM
Most think Morris Claiborne and Rueben Randle are likely to declare from LSU. Randle would do better to stay, but Claiborne is projected as a top ten pick.

Both guys announced..seem to be some unhappy WRs down at LSU as well.

Salt City Sooner
1/12/2012, 11:17 PM
Both guys announced..seem to be some unhappy WRs down at LSU as well.
Russell Shepard's gone as well, as is Michael Brockers.

CowboyMRW
1/12/2012, 11:21 PM
Did RS declare or transfer? I thought I read on Shaggy that he was transferring. Randle could be a steal for some NFL team I think

Salt City Sooner
1/12/2012, 11:24 PM
Did RS declare or transfer? I thought I read on Shaggy that he was transferring. Randle could be a steal for some NFL team I think
Declared:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7454453/lsu-tigers-morris-claiborne-turning-pro-russell-shepard-entering-draft

CowboyMRW
1/14/2012, 10:09 PM
Darron Thomas, QB from Oregon declared today. He's reaching big time. I have a hard time seeing him get drafted

Jacie
1/15/2012, 12:03 PM
Darron Thomas, QB from Oregon declared today. He's reaching big time. I have a hard time seeing him get drafted

On a related note, that 2012 preseason #3 ranking might not hold up come September . . .

CowboyMRW
1/15/2012, 06:02 PM
Today's the final day to declare, right?

Also STEP, when everything is official do you think you can come up with a list of where you think all the OU and OSU players will go? Much appreciated if you could.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/15/2012, 07:42 PM
Today's the final day to declare, right?

Also STEP, when everything is official do you think you can come up with a list of where you think all the OU and OSU players will go? Much appreciated if you could.

You bet I can..I'll have it up pretty quick..

And as far as Thomas goes, he already has his degree so I can't blame him...might as well give it a shot

Salt City Sooner
1/15/2012, 08:03 PM
Shepard changed his mind & is going back to LSU.

Jacie
1/21/2012, 07:13 PM
The final list:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=Ajf9qo3p25GuLZDfGgskRZ0cvrYF?slug=ys-nfl_draft_underclassmen_early_declare_010312

Record 65 underclassmen enter NFL draft

By Yahoo! Sports Staff Jan 19, 4:01 pm EST
(AP)

A record 65 underclassmen declared for the NFL draft this year, with Miami leading the way with six “defections.”

The NFL made the list official Thursday morning.

National title game participants Alabama and LSU each had three underclassmen leave early; in all, 49 schools, including two in the FCS ranks, had players leave early. Both FCS players were FBS transfers: Southern Illinois RB Jewel Hampton from Iowa and McNeese State DB Janzen Jackson from Tennessee.

Nine SEC teams, all but Florida, Tennessee and Vanderbilt, had players leave early. The ACC was second with eight teams losing players, all but Duke, Florida State, Maryland and Virginia.

Yahoo! Sports first-team All-Americans leaving early are Oklahoma State wide receiver Justin Blackmon, LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne, Stanford guard David DeCastro, Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III, Alabama LB Dont’a Hightower, USC offensive tackle Matt Kalil, Boston College linebacker Luke Kuechly, Illinois defensive end Whitney Mercilus, Alabama running back Trent Richardson and Michigan State defensive tackle Jerel Worthy.

The previous record for declared underclassmen had been 56 last season; there were 53 early departures in 2010, 46 in ’09, 53 in ’08, 40 in ’07, 48 in ’06, 49 in ’05, 43 in ’04, 54 in ’03, 43 in ’02, 54 in ’01 and 31 in 2000.

Underclassmen entering draft

Alvester Alexander, RB, Wyoming
Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
Edwin Baker, RB, Michigan State
Mike Ball, RB, Nevada
Jamison Berryhill, RB, Texas
Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
Bryce Brown, RB, Kansas State
Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State
Orson Charles, TE, Georgia
Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas
Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
David DeCastro, G, Stanford
Tiree Eure, TE, Minnesota
Marcus Fortson, DT, Miami
Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
Chris Givens, WR, Wake Forest
Dorian Graham,WR, Syracuse
Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
Jewel Hampton, RB, Southern Illinois
Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon
Dont’a Hightower, LB, Alabama
Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
Ronnie Hillman, RB, San Diego State
Max Holloway, DE, Boston College
Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech
Janzen Jackson, DB, McNeese State
LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
Aldarius Johnson, WR, Miami
Damaris Johnson, WR, Tulsa
Chandler Jones, LB, Syracuse
Matt Kalil, OT, USC
Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
Ronnell Lewis, LB/DE, Oklahoma
Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
Terrell Manning, LB, North Carolina State
Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
Jonathan Massaquoi, DE, Troy
Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss
Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois
Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State
Eric Page, WR, Toledo
Donte Paige-Moss, DE, North Carolina
Nick Perry, DE, USC
Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple
Ken Plue, OG, Purdue
Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
Chris Polk, RB, Washington
Riley Reiff, OT, Michigan State
Trent Richardson, TB, Alabama
Josh Robinson, CB, UCF
Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
Darrell Scott, RB, USF
Russell Shepard, WR, LSU
Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami
Darron Thomas, QB, Oregon
Johnny Thomas, DB, Oklahoma State
Phillip Thomas, DB, Syracuse
Barrett Trotter, QB, Auburn
Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State
Kenny Turner, WR, New Mexico State
Olivier Vernon, DE, Miami
Brandon Washington, G, Miami
David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech
Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2012, 08:44 PM
I remember when guys used to early declare only if they was 1st round picks...A lot of these guys have a strong potential to be 5-6-7 or undrafted all together..

Scott D
1/21/2012, 08:46 PM
I was thinking 20% of them will likely be undrafted.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2012, 08:48 PM
I know this is shaping up to be the worst class of quarterbacks in the history of the draft

Scott D
1/21/2012, 08:51 PM
It's underwhelming enough as a whole that I'm glad a certain team I follow doesn't have a first round pick.

NMSooner'80
1/22/2012, 01:32 PM

He'd probably have to take a paycut in the NFL (from what he's probably getting under the table as a Condom). It's either that, or he was promised a Kardashian sister if he stayed.

Collier11
1/22/2012, 02:39 PM
It amazes me that people still dont understand how not everyone places high value on money...Barkley loves college, has a chance to win a title, create a legacy of all-time greats at u$c, etc... the money will be there for Barkley regardless, if Bradford can screw up his shoulder and still be #1 then there isnt a lot of risk really

Scott D
1/22/2012, 05:32 PM
It amazes me that people still dont understand how not everyone places high value on money...Barkley loves college, has a chance to win a title, create a legacy of all-time greats at u$c, etc... the money will be there for Barkley regardless, if Bradford can screw up his shoulder and still be #1 then there isnt a lot of risk really

It's safe to say that none of them likely ever saw the video of a 6 year old Matthew Barkley saying that he was going to be the quarterback at USC. It was the kid's dream, he's living the dream, his family isn't hurting for income so it's not like it's need based. It's not like he'll get a chance to relive these days.

Collier11
1/22/2012, 05:38 PM
Exactly, history shows that going back to school rarely hurts you, when you are a QB especially.