PDA

View Full Version : so how long has it been since you ....

JLEW1818
1/5/2012, 08:19 AM
went inside a Walmart? I think that I'm coming up on 1.5 years

Curly Bill
1/5/2012, 08:28 AM
4 days.

I know it's fashionable on here to brag about being too good to go into a Walmarts, but I don't get it, and actually think most of those people that do brag as such are just full of s**t.

Curly Bill
1/5/2012, 08:36 AM
Oh...and jlew especially is full of s**t! ;)

cleller
1/5/2012, 08:56 AM
While living in Tulsa, I swore off because of the jammed parking lots, check out lines, and clientele. Now, I'll occassionally venture into one in Chandler or Bristow.

So anyway, I'd guess about 2 months. Not too bad. I try to replace them with Atwoods and Tractor Supply.

Midtowner
1/5/2012, 09:04 AM
Wow... maybe 3 years?

olevetonahill
1/5/2012, 09:10 AM
4 days.

I know it's fashionable on here to brag about being too good to go into a Walmarts, but I don't get it, and actually think most of those people that do brag as such are just full of s**t.

I aint full of it, Well I am but when it comes to Da Wallyworld deal I aint
Been 6 months at least. before that several years . They just dont have the Price nor the Product that I need bad enough to put up with the Crowd. Or anything else associated with the place

Boomer.....
1/5/2012, 09:30 AM
Sadly it was this past weekend. I hate that place with a passion, but they have everything in one store and have the cheapest prices. We only go about once a month and if it's a small trip then we go to Target.

From SNL a few weeks ago:

The poverty line... that invisible line that separates Target from Walmart.

olevetonahill
1/5/2012, 09:49 AM
Sadly it was this past weekend. I hate that place with a passion, but they have everything in one store and have the cheapest prices. We only go about once a month and if it's a small trip then we go to Target.

From SNL a few weeks ago:
Ima disagree with that part

Boomer.....
1/5/2012, 09:53 AM
Generally they do on most products. Some stores will have sales on items, but Walmart will match anyone and usually adjusts their prices accordingly. Overall, you will spend less there than other stores on large shopping trips.

olevetonahill
1/5/2012, 10:00 AM
Generally they do on most products. Some stores will have sales on items, but Walmart will match anyone and usually adjusts their prices accordingly. Overall, you will spend less there than other stores on large shopping trips.

GarendayumTEE i spend less there:very_drunk:

Doged
1/5/2012, 10:06 AM
We go on a pretty regular basis. Do most of our basic food buyin' there due to prices, variety and availability.

badger
1/5/2012, 10:20 AM
A few weeks before Christmas. They still have photo development, so I used em to print Christmas cards.

hawaii 5-0
1/5/2012, 10:35 AM
There's not one on my side of the island. Last time was early November I think.

5-0

Peach Fuzz
1/5/2012, 10:49 AM
There's not one on my side of the island. Last time was early November I think.

5-0

those ABC stores are mini walmarts anyway

virginiasooner
1/5/2012, 11:14 AM
NEVER. EVER. Proud to live in a county that is Wal-Mart free, Praise the Lord! We have a Costco (which are better in oh so many ways).

JLEW1818
1/5/2012, 12:48 PM
I aint full of it, Well I am but when it comes to Da Wallyworld deal I aint
Been 6 months at least. before that several years . They just dont have the Price nor the Product that I need bad enough to put up with the Crowd. Or anything else associated with the place

ditto. i can't deal with the crowd.

Lott's Bandana
1/5/2012, 01:38 PM
Yesterday.

I needed shotgun shells, dog food and milk.

Curly Bill
1/5/2012, 01:41 PM
Yesterday.

I needed shotgun shells, dog food and milk.

And how awesome is it that you can get all three of those things at the same place and at prices as good or better than anywhere else?!

reflector
1/5/2012, 02:06 PM
It has been a couple of days for me. I like Walmart because they have decent prices. I also really like that they are open 24 hours a day. I often find myself going to the store at really odd hours. The fact they are open 24 hours a day helps that.

BillyBall
1/5/2012, 02:11 PM
It's been probably 7-8 years. There are none in Chicago, or none that are nearby in Chicago, so I haven't had the chance other than when I visit the family in OKC. Since I only visit the family twice a year for 2-4 days a pop, Wal-Mart never becomes a destination...

Lott's Bandana
1/5/2012, 02:29 PM
And how awesome is it that you can get all three of those things at the same place and at prices as good or better than anywhere else?!

Exactly.

Can't get dog food at Braums.

:dejection:

badger
1/5/2012, 02:30 PM
It's been probably 7-8 years. There are none in Chicago, or none that are nearby in Chicago, so I haven't had the chance other than when I visit the family in OKC. Since I only visit the family twice a year for 2-4 days a pop, Wal-Mart never becomes a destination...

I thought those guys just pitted the union mobs against each other to sneak in... or are they just now building the stores and gonna have em up in a few years?

I might be mistaken, but I heard that they got the builders union to approve Walmart, much to the chagrin of the labor side that was trying to get Walmart to agree to use unionized employees in the stores themselves. I think I read that the farthest Walmart would go was pay above-minimum wages.

oudanny
1/5/2012, 02:33 PM
It's been a couple of weeks. I boycotted Walmart for a year because of their attempt to build a super store next to the Wilderness Battlefield in Virginia but they agreed to relocate the store so now I go occassionally. I like the wide selection of products.

soonerinabilene
1/5/2012, 02:34 PM
5 days a week... Its the anchor of my Frito route.

kbsooner21
1/5/2012, 02:39 PM
couple weeks ago

Jacie
1/5/2012, 08:25 PM
The 11 years I lived in Dallas, the answer was never. Now that I live in a rural community, one where you have to drive two hours to find a mall and where there are no national chain restaurants (unless you consider McDonald's, Burger King or Pizza Hut), I frequent the local Walmart (and it wasn't here until two years ago). There is no alternative.

oudavid1
1/6/2012, 09:25 AM
I have learned through Wal-Mart that I would rather pay more than get their discount items(in my case, a TV). I ended up paying 300$ just because the first model I got was broken and I bought the high-end one instead.

IB4OU2
1/6/2012, 10:04 AM
I stopped going after they quit selling Rolex watches...

SoonerorLater
1/6/2012, 11:59 AM
2 days.......I don't always shop at big box retail stores but when I do I prefer Wal-Mart. Shop happy my friend.

Jacie
1/6/2012, 05:07 PM
2 days.......I don't always shop at big box retail stores but when I do I prefer Wal-Mart. Shop happy my friend.

The one closest to me doesn't sell that beer, making me the world's unhappiest man . . .

tulsaoilerfan
1/6/2012, 05:54 PM
5 days a week... Its the anchor of my Frito route. Supercenter? I just have a D1 Hometown store but I deliver 5x a week too

SoonerofAlabama
1/6/2012, 06:13 PM
December

En_Fuego
1/6/2012, 06:18 PM
Just late in the month, never around the first.

Flagstaffsooner
1/7/2012, 03:57 PM
Is been a long time since I've been in a TG&Y.

soonerinabilene
1/7/2012, 06:31 PM
Supercenter? I just have a D1 Hometown store but I deliver 5x a week too

Yeah, Ive got it and a United Supermarket. Love having only 2 stores. Hate putting up with Walmart's crap.

FirstandGoal
1/7/2012, 11:35 PM
I absolutely positively hate to shop at Wallyworld, but still end up going there about once a month. The protein shakes, specialty vitamins and protein bars that wallyworld carries can't be found at Target, so I stock up when I go there to make sure I don't have to go unless I absolutely have to. Not only does the clientele suck, but there is ALWAYS a wait to check out no matter what time of day it is or how busy they are. Oh, and my #1 wallyworld rule is that I don't even think about stepping foot in one between the weeks of Thanksgiving and mid-January. I'm lucky to have a Crest about 5-10 minutes from home and not even Wallyworld can beat their prices on average.

The following is a list of my shopping preference.

Crest for groceries
Braum's for all of my dairy products -- they have the best cage-free brown eggs
Target for some specialty groceries (mainly organic foods and stuff like that), sports bras, workout gear, new socks, minor kitchen gadgets/appliances
Walgreens for toiletries, cosmetics, photo processing, etc...
Bed, bath and beyond (love those 20% off coupons) for more major householdy type stuff -- like my Keurig coffee maker and my Dyson vacuum
Wal-Mart for the stuff I mentioned above-- and I hate every single minute I am in the place.

BajaOklahoma
1/8/2012, 01:55 PM
I avoid the one closest to our house down here. I promise you that every one of the People of WalMart photos were taken in that store. It is filthy, but always busy. I will drive up the highway to another town before I will go to that one - and I believe in shopping local.

The one in Durant is always busy, but it is clean and the people are nice. The one in Madill needs to go away - not much in it.

Whet
1/8/2012, 10:31 PM
Well, since is it non-union, I find it hard to go there knowing all those potential union workers are not in the union. Think of the potential union dues that are going uncollected! Plus, they have cornered the market on Chinese products. Almost everything is from China in that store. Heck, I don't see how Target gets any of their Chinese merchandise because Walmart buys so much!

:witless::obama icon: :witless:

the-rover
1/8/2012, 11:34 PM
Yesterday and at least once every other week.

Hate every minute of it.

StoopTroup
1/8/2012, 11:39 PM
Well, since is it non-union, I find it hard to go there knowing all those potential union workers are not in the union. Think of the potential union dues that are going uncollected! Plus, they have cornered the market on Chinese products. Almost everything is from China in that store. Heck, I don't see how Target gets any of their Chinese merchandise because Walmart buys so much!

:witless::obama icon: :witless:

You need to go and get a job there. Then you will understand not only why it's Non-Union but why it's really going to be a mess if someone ever really tries to Unionize the Work Force there. Unionizing Walmart would be more of an attack on the owners of Walmart that an attempt to assist the workers. Like most all the other Corporations out there....Walmart has some decent benefits...it's just that most of the employees there couldn't afford them unless they and their Wife have both got two jobs.

Whet
1/9/2012, 07:29 AM
You need to go and get a job there. Then you will understand not only why it's Non-Union but why it's really going to be a mess if someone ever really tries to Unionize the Work Force there. Unionizing Walmart would be more of an attack on the owners of Walmart that an attempt to assist the workers. Like most all the other Corporations out there....Walmart has some decent benefits...it's just that most of the employees there couldn't afford them unless they and their Wife have both got two jobs.

I'm thinking about trying to get on as a Greeter, when I retire. I really can not have 2 jobs right now, so I'll have to wait. I do have relatives that work there, though.

Prodigal
1/10/2012, 12:20 PM
I spend about 15k per year at WalMart. I spent more when the kids were all a bit younger. I am there twice per week.

I am in a semi-rural area, and I have 7 Walmart Supercenters within 30 minutes of me. Two of these are very depressing places, three are OK, and two are great places to shop. It is all about the location and people in the area. Three of these WalMarts have Target stores near them. I like the more attractive scenery at the Targets (yeah, I am shallow), but I like saving a thousand dollars a year more.

I don't like sending so much money to China, but the Chinese have spent a lot of their money with me also, so I'm OK with it.

goingoneight
1/14/2012, 12:11 AM
Well, like two hours ago.

Hey, someone gave me a gift card for Christmas.

olevetonahill
1/14/2012, 12:21 AM
I spend about 15k per year at WalMart. I spent more when the kids were all a bit younger. I am there twice per week.

I am in a semi-rural area, and I have 7 Walmart Supercenters within 30 minutes of me. Two of these are very depressing places, three are OK, and two are great places to shop. It is all about the location and people in the area. Three of these WalMarts have Target stores near them. I like the more attractive scenery at the Targets (yeah, I am shallow), but I like saving a thousand dollars a year more.

I don't like sending so much money to China, but the Chinese have spent a lot of their money with me also, so I'm OK with it.
If ya like saving that 1000 I can tell ya how to save another 15K :very_drunk:

LiveLaughLove
1/14/2012, 04:30 PM
Sams Club for most things. It is bulk and we have a VERY large family.

WalMart for stuff not at Sams.

Dollar Tree for a few select things.

Braums for ice cream.

OUmillenium
1/14/2012, 04:34 PM
almost 4 hours

$330 = ouch

stoopified
1/18/2012, 04:08 PM
YESTERDAY