PDA

View Full Version : OU Commit Sterling Shepard wins UA "Skills" challange

8timechamps
1/4/2012, 07:15 PM
Derrick's son is going to be a great Sooner!!

Sterling Shepard wins UA skills challenge
January, 3, 2012
JAN 3
7:14
PM CT
EmailPrintComments
By Bob Przybylo
Wide receiver and Oklahoma commit Sterling Shepard (Oklahoma City/Heritage Hall) has never seen a challenge he wouldn’t accept.

That included Tuesday as Shepard took home the WR/DB Good Hands Skills Challenge championship at the Under Armour All-America game practices in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

Oklahoma receiver commit Sterling Shepard has been the anchor of the Sooners' 2012 class.
Shepard was one of four finalists and knew exactly what time he had to beat to win the event. The competition went in alphabetical order and Shepard went last, needing to go faster than 31 seconds to earn the crown.

Shepard finished the course in 29 seconds.

“It was definitely cool to do something like that,” Shepard said. “It has been great to go up against so many great players here this week and seeing where I match up.”

Shepard said he wasn’t sure if he would be able to win, especially after dropping the first ball, but he finished strong.

The competition featured a variety of different things for the receivers to do like catching balls from a machine and catching a ball after running the ropes, and concluding with running a fade route.

“It helped knowing what I had to beat, and I just knew I was going to give it my best like I always do and see what happens,” Shepard said.

The skills competition will be shown at 8 p.m. CT on Wednesday on ESPN2. The Under Armour All-America Game will be live Thursday night on ESPN.

OU commit defensive back De’Vante Harris (Mesquite, Texas/Horn) will also participate in the game. Running back Alex Ross (Jenks, Okla./Jenks) was selected for the team but will not play because of injury.

SoonerMom2
1/4/2012, 08:21 PM
That is AWESOME News! Looking forward to seeing him in Crimson!

SoonerInFortSmith
1/4/2012, 09:23 PM
You forgot to say "spoiler alert."

8timechamps
1/4/2012, 09:37 PM
You forgot to say "spoiler alert."

Crap, I forgot that it was on TV tonight. My apologies.

yermom
1/4/2012, 11:50 PM
is that a Grey's Anatomy joke? :O

SoonerorLater
1/8/2012, 06:08 PM
I think Shepard has the potential to be the next big time playmaker for OU.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/9/2012, 02:22 PM
Duron Neal looks awesome, too. and if Metoyer meets expectations, we will have lots of new talent at receiver. Sure hope Ross has full recovery.