PDA

View Full Version : Would You Sign?

IBleedCrimson
1/4/2012, 04:06 PM
You have signed this contract by living in the USA. Interesting perspective.

I'm sure some of you have seen this, but search showed nothing.

http://www.worldtrans.org/sov/soccont.html

Highlights:

SECTION 1: I will surrender a percentage of my property to the Government. The actual percentage will be determined by the Government and will be subject to change at any time. The amount to be surrendered may be based on my income, the value of my property, the value of my purchases or any other criteria the Government chooses. To aid the Government in determining the percentage, I will apply for a Government identification number that I will use in all my major financial transactions.

SECTION 6: The Government will attempt to protect my life and my claim to the property it has allowed me to keep. I agree not to hold the Government liable if it fails to protect me or my property.

SECTION 9: I agree that the Government may hold me fully liable if I fail to abide by the above terms. In that event, the Government may confiscate any property that I have not previously surrendered to it, and may imprison me for a period of time to be determined by the Government. I also agree that the Government may alter the terms of this contract at any time.

Midtowner
1/4/2012, 05:10 PM
Well, you could choose to abide somewhere where there really is no social contract. Move to Somalia and get back to me as to what the best alternative is.

IBleedCrimson
1/4/2012, 05:16 PM
No need, there aren't any better alternatives. But I hadn't ever seen it couched like this before. I found it interesting.

But I bet Somalia would be nice if they could just get rid of the genocidal death squads, raging poverty, 1 in 3 ppl with AIDS, etc

Midtowner
1/4/2012, 05:23 PM
No need, there aren't any better alternatives. But I hadn't ever seen it couched like this before. I found it interesting.

But I bet Somalia would be nice if they could just get rid of the genocidal death squads, raging poverty, 1 in 3 ppl with AIDS, etc

In other words, Somalia would be awesome if it wasn't Somalia.

badger
1/4/2012, 05:30 PM
The first question I ask when a petition holder asks if I am a registered voter in the state of Oklahoma:

"Are you?"

Same goes for push pollers that call by phone. They are usually calling from another state. D'oh!

As such, till the U.S. government brings Oklahoma roads, education, health and everything else up to the same as the states the legislature has pandered to the past 200+ years, efff them, they apparently don't value my property anyways.