PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones coming back for his senior season...

Soonermagik
1/4/2012, 12:06 PM
At least according to this article. ... I'm sure Blake Bell and Drew Allen are happy... not!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-mock-draft-robert-griffin-kendall-wright-cleveland-browns-baylor-bears-010211

nighttrain12
1/4/2012, 12:22 PM
Until Whitney tells him what to do, the decision is not final. When she tells him, it is then final!

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2012, 12:25 PM
I saw that one and believed it not. Could happen though.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/4/2012, 01:10 PM
Until Whitney tells him what to do, the decision is not final. When she tells him, it is then final!I hope she says: "go get a paycheck, big boy!"

delhalew
1/4/2012, 01:11 PM
If he comes back, I hope he grows into a better leader. Otherwise, we would benefit more from Bell getting development.

SoonerMarkVA
1/4/2012, 01:29 PM
I'm ready to see Jones make his mark in the NFL. I don't see him improving his position by coming back.

IB4OU2
1/4/2012, 01:32 PM
If true that's great news! That helps set us up for another really good season.

oumartin
1/4/2012, 01:36 PM
I'm kinda torn. I think Landry is great but I'm kinda ready for Blake.

1/4/2012, 01:36 PM
If true that's great news! That helps set us up for another really good season.haha

rock on sooner
1/4/2012, 01:43 PM
If he comes back, I hope he grows into a better leader. Otherwise, we would benefit more from Bell getting development. Even if LJ returns, you can bet that Bell will get a LOT of attention in the
spring and summer...spring with the coaches and teammates in the summer. Young Mr. Allen will transfer if LJ
does return, IMHO.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/4/2012, 01:44 PM
Another reporter throwing poo against the wall to see what sticks...

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2012, 01:45 PM
I don't understand why everyone is sold on Bell. Very little of the Belldozer short yardage package displayed that Bell would win the job in an open competition. It did show he could take snaps and perform his duties in a real game situation and that he has wheels. So he certainly didn't hurt himself. But there was no display of his passing capabilities or running a complete offense for an entire series. And assuming we would use his dual threat capabilities, no hint of whether he could run the option. He may be great at all those thing, we just don't know. I think everyone is so carried away with the fact we can pick reliably pick up a tough year for a change, they are are extrapolating.

Soonerwake
1/4/2012, 01:45 PM
So, some, maybe alot, of you really want to leave our team in the hands of an untested/unproven QB instead of a QB who has thrown for 400+ per game for the last 2+ seasons??? Wow...

I'm just as excited to see what Bell and/or Allen can do as much as the next guy, but to openly want either of them to be our starting QB over Jones is ridiculous. Sure, Landry is not a rah-rah guy, sure he tends to lock onto one receiver, sure he has stone feet, but to say he has not been productive, successful even, is not looking at facts. His only real crime is to follow the best QB in the history of our school.

oumartin
1/4/2012, 01:46 PM
Drew isn't transferring though he is worried about playing time.

Curly Bill
1/4/2012, 01:47 PM
I'm kinda on the fence here. He needed to come back, and I'm somewhat glad he did, but then again I wouldn't have been overly disappointed had he left, as I think he's got some issues, and as such the team has issues.

Soonermagik
1/4/2012, 01:51 PM
So, some, maybe alot, of you really want to leave our team in the hands of an untested/unproven QB instead of a QB who has thrown for 400+ per game for the last 2+ seasons??? Wow...

I'm just as excited to see what Bell and/or Allen can do as much as the next guy, but to openly want either of them to be our starting QB over Jones is ridiculous. Sure, Landry is not a rah-rah guy, sure he tends to lock onto one receiver, sure he has stone feet, but to say he has not been productive, successful even, is not looking at facts. His only real crime is to follow the best QB in the history of our school.

Fair enough, but he's chewing up the eligibility of guys that could start getting things now. Not to mention, how much of his success was Broyles bailing him out? When Broyles went out he looked a lot different.

My problem with LJ is no mobility, no leadership, gets rattled too easy for his experience etc.. I'm not saying Bell or Allen would be better right now, but they might in the future with more experience. I think Bell will still get a lot of the carries, but Drew Allen is the one who will likely be most hurt by LJ's return.

oumartin
1/4/2012, 01:53 PM
I'm kinda on the fence here. He needed to come back, and I'm somewhat glad he did, but then again I wouldn't have been overly disappointed had he left, as I think he's got some issues, and as such the team has issues.

All you do is stir up trouble... :D

soonerboy_odanorth
1/4/2012, 01:54 PM
Whitney's got to get that wedding paid for somehow...

Landry seems like a good person/student/OU ambassador. He is a good QB. Hope he does the right thing and takes off to hold a clipboard in the show.

He won't be replaced immediately by a better, or even as good a passer to be sure. But his leaving forces changes that might be good for the direction of the offense.

I realize his leaving won't result in more wins... and maybe fewer. I'm just ready for a change at the position.

oumartin
1/4/2012, 01:54 PM
LJ has no mobility? Did you see the move he put on the defender on the play where he got his toof knocked out. defender left him jock on the turf!

rock on sooner
1/4/2012, 01:55 PM
Drew isn't transferring though he is worried about playing time. Allen is a
soph, correct? LJ returns, as the starter. Barring injury Allen will sit, Bell will be "dozing". That leaves Allen with
only his senior year for full PT, assuming he beats out Bell. If he has a desire for the next level, it might be his
best shot to go where he can get a lot of game reps and build up some stats for two years, as opposed to "maybe"
only one.

Fair enough, but he's chewing up the eligibility of guys that could start getting things now. Not to mention, how much of his success was Broyles bailing him out? When Broyles went out he looked a lot different.

My problem with LJ is no mobility, no leadership, gets rattled too easy for his experience etc.. I'm not saying Bell or Allen would be better right now, but they might in the future with more experience. I think Bell will still get a lot of the carries, but Drew Allen is the one who will likely be most hurt by LJ's return.Right On! One of your best posts, IMHO.

Curly Bill
All you do is stir up trouble... :D

That must like...make me an Aggie or something? LOL

soonerboy_odanorth
1/4/2012, 01:56 PM

He has not made an official decision yet unless something just broke on the wire...

Soonermagik
1/4/2012, 01:57 PM
LJ has no mobility? Did you see the move he put on the defender on the play where he got his toof knocked out. defender left him jock on the turf!

You mean where he ran a few yards and slid? LOL

Heck, I even read a pro scouting report that said he had NO mobility. I'm sure you know better, though. The only run I've seen him make that was half way decent was against Nebraska on the naked bootleg. He only accomlished that due to trickery.. not elusive feet.

I'm not asking the guy to be Michael Vick, but he should be able to roll out, or escape enough pressure to at least ditch the ball.

oumartin
1/4/2012, 01:58 PM
That must like...make me an Aggie or something? LOL

Well then, Congrats on your big 12 Champeenship and BCS bowl win

Curly Bill
1/4/2012, 01:59 PM
He has not made an official decision yet unless something just broke on the wire...

I don't know what'll ultimatelty happen, but I'm good either way.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/4/2012, 02:02 PM
I don't know what'll ultimatelty happen, but I'm good either way.

I have a preference, but I agree. Not gonna cry about it either way...

oumartin
1/4/2012, 02:03 PM
landry dang sure wasn't slow on that scramble.

he was very moblile in high school

KantoSooner
1/4/2012, 02:13 PM
I"m hoping that scramble might have reawakened some passion/anger/viciousness/whatever in Mr. Jones. He at least looked like he wanted the yards rather the now routine, "Oh, my receiver dropped the ball, no biggie." that we've had most of the year.
At least Bell looked like he wanted to get in a fight; and might pull the brass nucks out of his sock if he did.
From time to time, our defense looked like they would enjoy some fisticuffs. Perhaps a corner has been turned.

Most of the rest of this year? They were in too big a hurry to get back to the microphones and chatter about 'sharks' or the churches they were going to plant or go play idiot pong with their thumbs on twitter.

Give me back a team of guys who carried knives in their waistbands, are constantly running from cops/lawyers/angry fathers and who throw hail mary bombs on the final play of the game....up by 50 already.

1/4/2012, 02:16 PM
landry dang sure wasn't slow on that scramble.

he was very moblile in high schoolEither he is afraid to run, for whatever reason, or he is convinced he shouldn't. In any case, his immobility has hurt our effectiveness.

I would be fine, even happy, for him to come back if he was to change his attitude about his mobility.

oumartin
1/4/2012, 02:21 PM
best qb of stoops era Imo and look at these boys play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRrIpylPF7Y

picasso
1/4/2012, 02:45 PM

My problem with LJ is no mobility, no leadership, gets rattled too easy for his experience etc.. I'm not saying Bell or Allen would be better right now, but they might in the future with more experience. I think Bell will still get a lot of the carries, but Drew Allen is the one who will likely be most hurt by LJ's return.
He's chewing up the eligibility of guys who could start getting things now? Maybe the guys behind should get better if they want to play ahead of him. The hell kind of logic is that?

Soonermagik
1/4/2012, 03:09 PM
He's chewing up the eligibility of guys who could start getting things now? Maybe the guys behind should get better if they want to play ahead of him. The hell kind of logic is that?

Umm... you really think a young Drew Allen or Blake Bell is going to dethrone a returning 4 year starter? Especially, if that 4 year starter decided to forgo the NFL for his senior season. I think Bell will get some packages, but he won't be the primary guy.

It's hard for one to get a lot better without getting the majority of the reps in real games. What am I missing?

IBleedCrimson
1/4/2012, 03:21 PM
The only run I've seen him make that was half way decent was against Nebraska on the naked bootleg.

That was a sexy play. Thinking about it is making the blood rush to my power source.

Soonerman08
1/4/2012, 05:46 PM
Umm... you really think a young Drew Allen or Blake Bell is going to dethrone a returning 4 year starter? Especially, if that 4 year starter decided to forgo the NFL for his senior season. I think Bell will get some packages, but he won't be the primary guy.

It's hard for one to get a lot better without getting the majority of the reps in real games. What am I missing?

If the other two are better than Landry at running the offense, then yes. Stoops will put in the best player, i.e., the player that has earned their spot on the field. It is alarming that Bell is behind Drew on the depth chart, but people want him so desperately to be starter. If they were confident with his throwing ability or his comprehension of the offense he would be ahead of Allen. Allen has looked ok in the little spot duty we have seen him in. However, he didn't look overly impressive with his decision making, or throwing the ball when he was in. Of course I will admit, it is hard to gauge the true form of a player in those situations.

SoonerMom2
1/4/2012, 06:04 PM
I didn't realize that Bell and Landry roomed together until the Insight Bowl when I read it in the Phoenix paper. Landry was really happy for Bell when he got the offensive player award -- you could see it on his face. I came away from the Insight Bowl appreciating Landry Jones more. That was one vicious hit he took -- helmet to his head.

stoopified
1/4/2012, 06:06 PM
I don't care if Landry leaves or stays,I'm just ready to get nest season started.I can't wait to put Gundy and THE NEON ORANGE RABBLE in their proper place; under our heel.

IBleedCrimson
1/4/2012, 06:08 PM
I don't care if Landry leaves or stays,I'm just ready to get nest season started.I can't wait to put Gundy and THE NEON ORANGE RABBLE in their proper place; under our heel.

THIS is why college sports is so amazing. Its 11 months before that glorious day and I'm already a-itchin for it.

OUInformant
1/4/2012, 06:11 PM
I hope he returns. But I ultimately want to become a more balanced team, which really focuses on the run. I am itching to see a run/pass guy at OU.

85sooners
1/4/2012, 06:18 PM
leave

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2012, 06:23 PM
If the other two are better than Landry at running the offense, then yes. Stoops will put in the best player, i.e., the player that has earned their spot on the field. It is alarming that Bell is behind Drew on the depth chart, but people want him so desperately to be starter. If they were confident with his throwing ability or his comprehension of the offense he would be ahead of Allen. Allen has looked ok in the little spot duty we have seen him in. However, he didn't look overly impressive with his decision making, or throwing the ball when he was in. Of course I will admit, it is hard to gauge the true form of a player in those situations.

If you're first sentence is true, why is it alarming regarding Bell's depth chart status? The best player should be at the top. As far as full QB duties are concerned, neither Allen nor Bell have seen anything but spot duty. I think Bell attempted 3 passes with no success and a couple of running option reads where he made the wrong choice. I don't hold that against him because that is not our normal passing formation and the read option is brand new. All we know about Bell vs. Allen is that Bell must be better at the wildcat keeper (probably much better).

LVSOONER15
1/4/2012, 07:24 PM
I hope she says: "go get a paycheck, big boy!"

This

Scott D
1/4/2012, 07:25 PM
If you're first sentence is true, why is it alarming regarding Bell's depth chart status? The best player should be at the top. As far as full QB duties are concerned, neither Allen nor Bell have seen anything but spot duty. I think Bell attempted 3 passes with no success and a couple of running option reads where he made the wrong choice. I don't hold that against him because that is not our normal passing formation and the read option is brand new. All we know about Bell vs. Allen is that Bell must be better at the wildcat keeper (probably much better).

spot on the depth chart can be misleading. It's not uncommon for the player with the most eligibility remaining to be 3rd at the QB position if they aren't starting.

GameWarden
1/4/2012, 07:39 PM
I think it would be great if Landry returns. He's not Sam Bradford but I'm not sure the guys behind him are that good either. I like what I've seen of Allen and I don't think its a given that Bell would win the job if Landry left.

Right now I think its more important that the team's morale improves from what it was this year. It may have just been some back-ups that weren't gettin it done but it affected the performance of the entire team.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2012, 08:10 PM
spot on the depth chart can be misleading. It's not uncommon for the player with the most eligibility remaining to be 3rd at the QB position if they aren't starting.

True - also the spots behind LJ this year were often list as "Bell -or- Allen". Regardless, I'm not alarmed. I still maintain we don't know who would be the starting QB next year if LJ moves on. It could be Bell or Allen or even someone else. It won't be determined by our wildcat formation.

Jeronimo
1/4/2012, 08:59 PM
Thinking about Landry's NFL stock. If Landry comes back, how many TD passes is the belldozer gonna take from Landry? 1 TD in the last 4 games of the year? (I think thats right, just off the top of my head) Wouldn't significantly less TD passes hurt Landry's stock? Unless scouts just concede that Landry would get them if it weren't for the dozer.

picasso
1/4/2012, 09:02 PM

I think you're missing the part about the guy in front of two you just mentioned is the better player. So, how in the hell again is that better for us if the better player leaves?

And Landry be damned for taking up other QB's playing time! heh.

picasso
1/4/2012, 09:05 PM
Yes! I is ready for the nest season too.

SoonerObsession
1/5/2012, 12:05 AM
I would be happy to see Landry back, but for the love of God, please work on his quickness in the off season! The guy has zero escapability!

sendbaht
1/5/2012, 04:12 AM
yes come back LJ...that would be very cool!

MrJimBeam
1/5/2012, 07:04 AM
If Jones doesn't come back next year the Sooners lose at least 4 games.

We may lose that with him...

LiveLaughLove
1/5/2012, 09:44 AM
I'm personally fine with either decision, with a slight lean toward wanting him to go.

Seems the question should be, are we NC contenders next year? After this year I don't think anyone can seriously think we will be, but maybe so.

If we are, then we need him to stay. If we aren't, then we should get reps for the next generation of QBs whoever that is.

If LJ stays and we are a team about like this year, then it's a waste to me. For him and for OU.

I'd just as soon risk losing a game or even two more, to get some experience for the QB of the future. Caveat, if Allen and Bell are just placeholders then it really doesn't matter.

Soonermagik
1/5/2012, 10:03 AM
I think you're missing the part about the guy in front of two you just mentioned is the better player. So, how in the hell again is that better for us if the better player leaves?

And Landry be damned for taking up other QB's playing time! heh.

Better... hmm.. maybe. He just has a lot more experience. However, how do we expect Allen or Bell to get better? I mean, these guys are going to need to get a lot of playing time to really tell who is better.

From what I've seen the last few games Bell has been a real chain mover. Heck, they knew he was going to run it at them and no one has really been able to stop him. If Bell has an arm he could be really special, but he needs legit playing time to see if that's the case. I guess we will see how it plays out.

OULenexaman
1/5/2012, 10:10 AM
three pages and not one shread of evidence if he's going or staying.....I could have had a V8.

rekamrettuB
1/5/2012, 10:20 AM
Some of these same folks wanted Jason White to leave after the Sugar Bowl.

jkjsooner
1/5/2012, 10:30 AM
Some of these same folks wanted Jason White to leave after the Sugar Bowl.

Really? I don't remember a single person wanting White to leave. I'm not saying they didn't exist but there sure weren't many of them.

CU Sooner
1/5/2012, 10:51 AM
The best qb is Landry, if there is to be success next year it will be with Landry. If Landry did leave, I don't think Bell would leap Allen at this point unless Josh changes his whole offensive philosophy. Unless Bell gets a stronger grasp on the passing game i think Allen would be the starter and Bell fill in like he did this year. The one game this year where Bell and Allen got several reps was the Ball St game. Allen is trying to read the defense and where Bell would look at one guy and then tuck and run. I remember several times he had open recievers but he already decided to run. Against A&M, he had Broyles wide open on a post and he tried to hit the TE in the flat who was covered. Bell can't run the current offense, he can fill in for the short yardage stuff though.

colleyvillesooner
1/5/2012, 12:54 PM
From Eddie Radosevich's Twitter:

#Sooner QB Landry Jones tells Dusty Dvoracek & Teddy Lehman of 'The Rush' he is still undecided about his future & weighing his options

rekamrettuB
1/5/2012, 02:03 PM
Really? I don't remember a single person wanting White to leave. I'm not saying they didn't exist but there sure weren't many of them.

They were out there. It's basically the same ones that think the backup is better if the starter doesn't deliver a NC. Basically let's plug x and y into the starting and backup QB spots and it will exist for every year save about 10.

oumartin
1/5/2012, 02:13 PM
who was Heupels backup in 2000. was it Hybl?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2012, 02:18 PM
yes..

oumartin
1/5/2012, 02:18 PM
We woulda crushed FSU had Hybl played!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2012, 02:21 PM
He played against baylor and i'm pretty sure he threw a pick 6 on his first pass for Baylor's only score..a shovel pass

The good thing about the trip to waco though was I was able to see Patrick Fletcher breakdance after the game was over.

badger
1/5/2012, 02:23 PM
Question for you NFL and recruiting gurus:

When is the deadline for declaring for the NFL Draft?

And when does the signing period start?

The reason I ask is because we might be the victims of some negative recruiting shenanigans if LJ declares pro. All :mack: et al has to tell top receivers is "Look at Tebow in the NFL and how he never passes. That's going to be Oklahoma's offense the next several years with Blake Bell as quarterback."

You'd think we could turn that around and say "Tebow won two national championships and had Percy Harvin, an NFL receiver." But, you just never know with fickle teen minds deciding their future by throwing on a baseball cap.

oumartin
1/5/2012, 02:23 PM
Next to White, Hybl was my favorite.

He was so sexy

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2012, 02:24 PM
January 15th is the NFL deadline.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2012, 02:25 PM
Next to White, Hybl was my favorite.

He was so sexy

I would put his arm strength up against anyone...That's why he could make an NFL roster when other's couldn't

MamaMia
1/5/2012, 02:28 PM
I would like to see another QB get a chance.

oumartin
1/5/2012, 02:31 PM
I would put his arm strength up against anyone...That's why he could make an NFL roster when other's couldn't

He did have some big guns on him. I bet his abs were ripped too!

Scott D
1/5/2012, 02:34 PM

When it was announced that the NCAA granted White a 6th year of eligibility, there was a vocal minority that bitterly complained about how he was robbing Paul Thompson of his starting role that season.

1/5/2012, 02:35 PM
I would like to see another QB get a chance.Unless LJ changes his scrambling philosophy from DON'T, we can't expect improvement.

MamaMia
1/5/2012, 03:04 PM
When it was announced that the NCAA granted White a 6th year of eligibility, there was a vocal minority that bitterly complained about how he was robbing Paul Thompson of his starting role that season. It must have been a very small one because I don't remember any huge outcry for Thompson but rather a large majority of fans being so happy that White was coming back.

SoonerMom2
1/5/2012, 03:07 PM
Landry Jones was on with Dusty and Teddy on KREF today and has not made a decision. It was a very good interview and if I was guessing, he is leaning to leaving but he left no doubt he loves being a Sooner and playing for OU.

oumartin
1/5/2012, 03:12 PM
Landry was on with Dusty and Teddy and said he hasn't made up his mind.

jkjsooner
1/5/2012, 03:20 PM
They were out there. It's basically the same ones that think the backup is better if the starter doesn't deliver a NC. Basically let's plug x and y into the starting and backup QB spots and it will exist for every year save about 10.

There's always a few but I still say not many.

I do remember a lot of people asking for Thompson in the Sugar Bowl or questioning after the game whether he should have played. These all had to due with White's injury though.

oumartin
1/5/2012, 03:23 PM
three more Rushes for Kejuan woulda won the sugar bowl

MamaMia
1/5/2012, 03:23 PM
Landry Jones was on with Dusty and Teddy on KREF today and has not made a decision. It was a very good interview and if I was guessing, he is leaning to leaving but he left no doubt he loves being a Sooner and playing for OU.It will be hard for him to leave his Honey but I'm wanting to see him get some of that NFL money and not risk injury. Heres hoping that we can give the others who have been here so long and worked so hard a chance.

oumartin
1/5/2012, 03:25 PM
It will be hard for him to leave his Honey but I'm wanting to see him get some of that NFL money and not risk injury. Heres hoping that we can give the others who have been here so long and worked so hard a chance.

apparently we don't have many that work so hard.

MamaMia
1/5/2012, 03:26 PM
There's always a few but I still say not many.

I do remember a lot of people asking for Thompson in the Sugar Bowl or questioning after the game whether he should have played. These all had to due with White's injury though.I was one of those, when I saw White so jarred up that he lined up behind a player who was not the center. Not a good thing to see.

Curly Bill
1/5/2012, 03:27 PM

"They" are out there? Who are "they"? Name names and your point will be more valid.

thecrimsoncrusader
1/5/2012, 03:46 PM
"They" would be "them". You know.

AZSOONER
1/5/2012, 04:07 PM
If he comes back, I hope he grows into a better leader. Otherwise, we would benefit more from Bell getting development. TRU DAT!!!

jkjsooner
1/5/2012, 04:38 PM
three more Rushes for Kejuan woulda won the sugar bowl

I think of that everytime I hear someone complain about us trying to pound the ball inside the five yard line.

It seems to me that fans will complain in hindsight with whatever you do that doesn't work.

That being said, I do agree in the LSU case. We had them dead tired. They may have tightened up against the run at the endzone but it sure didn't look like that was going to happen.

rekamrettuB
1/5/2012, 04:43 PM
"They" are out there? Who are "they"? Name names and your point will be more valid.

So it's at least a little valid?

It was 9 years ago but I recall posters and radio callers (which are the minority) wishing him to move on. With this fanbase I don't see why it's hard to believe that a certain type of fan would be calling for the backup. It happens all the time especially after big game letdowns. Hell, with Jones, they are calling for the backup's backup.

Jay C. Upchurch
1/5/2012, 05:11 PM
NORMAN – Landry Jones, the all-time leading passer in Oklahoma history, announced today that he will remain at OU and compete for the Sooners in his senior year.

“I want to accomplish the goals that I set before I got here, and there is still a lot more to do,” Jones said. “I want to make sure I’ve exhausted every effort in that area. And I want to be a senior. I enjoy being at OU and with my teammates and look forward to graduating with the guys that were in my class when I got here.”

The Artesia, NM, native said the NFL was a strong lure.

“That’s the ultimate goal for anyone who plays football,” Jones said. “I’ve thought about that since I was a little boy. It would be a great honor to play in the NFL and that goal will still be there when I finish at Oklahoma.”

With a relatively small senior class departing from the 2011 team, Jones likes the prospects for 2012.

“We hope to have another opportunity to make a title run,” he said. “Most of the offensive line returns and we have several receivers and backs return too. We’ve also got a lot of guys back on defense, so we’re confident that we can be a strong team.”

OU Head Coach Bob Stoops was pleased with Jones’ decision.

“We know the positive influence Landry has on and off the field with our team,” Stoops said. “We’re excited that he’s coming back to build on what has already been an outstanding career. We expect another great year from him, and like the fact that he’s determined to be even better.”

Jones, a finalist for the 2011 Manning Award, is OU’s all-time leading passer with 12,389 yards. He also tops the school’s career list with 93 touchdown passes. In all, Jones holds 21 records at Oklahoma, and is among the NCAA’s active career leaders in passing yards per game, passing yards, completions, touchdown passes and total yards.

Jones has played in 40 OU games with 37 starts. He has completed 1,021-of-1,628 passes (.627) with 41 interceptions against the 93 TDs.

Jones’ record as a starter is 30-8, including a 3-0 mark in bowls. He quarterbacked the 2009 team to the Big 12 Championship.

The 2011 OU team was 10-3 and finished the campaign with a 31-14 win over Iowa in the Insight Bowl at Tempe, Ariz.

OU SID Report

Mississippi Sooner
1/5/2012, 05:20 PM
Man, his career passing yardage is gonna be off the hook when he finally is finished.

Boomer.....
1/5/2012, 05:23 PM
Well he'll never be the quarterback Weeden is!

MamaMia
1/5/2012, 06:16 PM
Well...it is what it is. My perception of "great" and 'good' varies from most, but I have been cursed with the burden of being a high achiever.

Boomer Sooner and all that jazz.

oumartin
1/5/2012, 07:34 PM
I've got it from my source that Landry is indeed returning for his senior season at OU

Soonermagik
1/5/2012, 08:32 PM
Let's hope he can finally develop some leadership. I'm skeptical about his improvement in the mobility dept. I think Drew Allen must be a little worried about getting a legit shot. Mainly, I hope we see Bell get 10 -15 touches a game.

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2012, 08:36 PM
I hope LJ took into consideration that the Belldozer will be the regular offense and we will only use LJ in 3rd and 10+ situations :D