PDA

View Full Version : You Know whats Sad About this Sugar Bowl?

Blue
1/3/2012, 10:46 PM
The Orange will probably be more boring.

LASooner
1/3/2012, 10:48 PM
It's sad that it wasn't played on 1st, it's sad the other New Years day bowls weren't either.

BigTip
1/3/2012, 10:51 PM
Yes, sad it's on Jan 3, a Tuesday. Why why why? I fear change and this year's schedule is totally whacked.

Blue
1/3/2012, 11:09 PM
Maybe spoke too soon. We gotta ballgame.

sooneron
1/3/2012, 11:28 PM
Meh, barely.

sooneron
1/3/2012, 11:29 PM
One qb can't throw anything other than a dump-off, the other chucks it with eyes closed and mechanics that make Tebow look like Dan Marino.

Blue
1/3/2012, 11:41 PM
One qb can't throw anything other than a dump-off, the other chucks it with eyes closed and mechanics that make Tebow look like Dan Marino.

Which one is which?

OUinFLA
1/3/2012, 11:46 PM
Which one is which?

it seems to oscillate.

Blue
1/3/2012, 11:53 PM
Looked like the ball hit the ground there.

Blue
1/3/2012, 11:56 PM
Rough year for kickers.

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2012, 11:58 PM
I thought that was a catch. Ball is allowed to touch the ground; the ground just cannot help with control. Looked like it was on top of his forearm and he had complete control. And it was so close, I'm amazed the overturned the call on the field.

BigTip
1/4/2012, 12:03 AM
I thought that was a catch. Ball is allowed to touch the ground; the ground just cannot help with control. Looked like it was on top of his forearm and he had complete control. And it was so close, I'm amazed the overturned the call on the field.
The announcers are saying it's a catch. All of us watching think it's a catch. The on field call is that it's a catch. How in the world do they over turn that? Gives me flash backs of how many times reviews have screwed us in the past. Seems like for awhile there nothing ever went our way. Those two in Lubbock a few years ago still burns me up.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2012, 12:06 AM
The announcers are saying it's a catch. All of us watching think it's a catch. The on field call is that it's a catch. How in the world do they over turn that? Gives me flash backs of how many times reviews have screwed us in the past. Seems like for awhile there nothing ever went our way. Those two in Lubbock a few years ago still burns me up.

And I'm not looking at it as a VT fan - I really didn't care who won. I hate to see a great play taken from a player. If I'm a VT fan, I'm p*ssed.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/4/2012, 12:08 AM
Ooo... I'll play.

What's sad about this Sugar Bowl is that we weren't nearly good enough to be playing in it and that, from the looks of it, if we had somehow gotten there we would have had our asses run by either one of those defenses?

Michigan is a much better TEAM than we are this year.

Let that rattle around in your head a little bit.

Michigan.

Feel good about the direction of our program now?

Ugh.

Blue
1/4/2012, 12:15 AM
I don't know about all that. The offenses were not that good. Vtech still hasn't beat a top 25 team this year and we saw how the Big 10 fared in the bowl games. Coulda been just two mediocre teams.

VA Sooner
1/4/2012, 12:20 AM
Surrounded by Tech fans here... and they are pissed about the call in the endzone. Not inconclusive to overturn original call.

Talk about an emotional rollercoaster though... TD for the win reduced to turnover on downs.

Roughing the punter penalty cost them one penalty... the fake punt cost them the game.

Lott's Bandana
1/4/2012, 12:26 AM
Big 10 with 2 BCS Bowl games.

ACC with 2 BCS Bowl games.

**** this ****.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/4/2012, 12:26 AM
Blue... I hear ya. I think there is something to that. Particularly their one-dimensional offenses. Having said that, it's not like we looked all that spectacular against a bad Iowa offense.

I think the thing that just burns my biscuits more than anything is that watching a number of bowl games this year I see so much more energy out of these teams. I know we were lucky to come out with as much focus as we did against Iowa considering the bowl and opponent. But in the past couple of days watching these games I see kids just flying around all over the field like their lives depended on it. We lost that somewhere down the line this year, and it shows. I was at the Kansas game, and it showed then. It was like our little johnny superstars were just kind of dinkin' around out there picking daisies until they realized... oh, I gotta go make a play. And unfortunately that approach will get you burned real quickly, as we found out.

Whatever "it" is, I'm not sure we ever really had "it" again following Florida State.

SoCal
1/4/2012, 12:33 AM
Pac-12 incompetent officals...remember the Oregon game

BigTip
1/4/2012, 12:59 AM

I think the thing that just burns my biscuits more than anything is that watching a number of bowl games this year I see so much more energy out of these teams. I know we were lucky to come out with as much focus as we did against Iowa considering the bowl and opponent. But in the past couple of days watching these games I see kids just flying around all over the field like their lives depended on it. We lost that somewhere down the line this year, and it shows. I was at the Kansas game, and it showed then. It was like our little johnny superstars were just kind of dinkin' around out there picking daisies until they realized... oh, I gotta go make a play. And unfortunately that approach will get you burned real quickly, as we found out.

Whatever "it" is, I'm not sure we ever really had "it" again following Florida State.

This is a good point. Watching this game I frequently went "wow! That was a real hit." Or, "Did you see that guy make up ground?" Or something. It looked so amazing to see bodies flying and hitting hard.
I guess I'm not use to it from watching our boys this year. sigh.

nighttrain12
1/4/2012, 01:25 AM
All these games are exciting if you are in bowl contests and are still alive to win it all!

Salt City Sooner
1/4/2012, 01:50 AM
Pac-12 incompetent officals...remember the Oregon game
This was the same crew that did the Fiesta Bowl last year.

oudavid1
1/4/2012, 02:28 AM
The Orange will probably be more boring.

I am so glad College football is not the NFL.

College is a passion, NFL is a product.

Okie35
1/4/2012, 03:53 AM
These games are really weird. Its setting up for the BCS/ESPN to say they got everything right.

OUTrumpet
1/4/2012, 07:06 AM
These games are really weird. Its setting up for the BCS/ESPN to say they got everything right.

But I don't think I will ever agree that they got it right. Why? Simply because they opted for a rematch as opposed to letting someone new have a shot. It's not fair to LSU to put them in double jeopardy, not fair to the fans to put a boring *** game, and also not fair because we don't know how OSU's offense and LSU's defense would have matched up.

Bama had their shot and lost. Think about 07. Michigan and Ohio St almost had a rematch down in Tempe after an epic game in Columbus. Florida got their shot and for a month it was all "Florida doesn't deserve it, Michigan should get a shot at them again, they are clearly the best." What happened? OSU tackled Tedd Ginn Jr in celebration, he hurts himself doing it, and then they get pasted by 40. We'll never know how Okie St would have represented.

That and I wanted Okie St to experience LSU fans on Bourbon St. That would have cracked me up.

SoonerorLater
1/4/2012, 12:00 PM
But I don't think I will ever agree that they got it right. Why? Simply because they opted for a rematch as opposed to letting someone new have a shot. It's not fair to LSU to put them in double jeopardy, not fair to the fans to put a boring *** game, and also not fair because we don't know how OSU's offense and LSU's defense would have matched up.

Bama had their shot and lost. Think about 07. Michigan and Ohio St almost had a rematch down in Tempe after an epic game in Columbus. Florida got their shot and for a month it was all "Florida doesn't deserve it, Michigan should get a shot at them again, they are clearly the best." What happened? OSU tackled Tedd Ginn Jr in celebration, he hurts himself doing it, and then they get pasted by 40. We'll never know how Okie St would have represented.

That and I wanted Okie St to experience LSU fans on Bourbon St. That would have cracked me up.

From the BCS perspective they did get it right. Put the two best (most highly rated) teams in the championship game. Any thing else would just be a popularity contest. I'm not a fan of the current BCS system but if you look back it has done about as good as any other putting the two best teams in the championship game.

Lott's Bandana
1/4/2012, 12:17 PM
Human polls = Popularity contest

Two best is completely subjective. Prove it.

Don't credit the BCS for this idiocy.

PalmettoSooner
1/4/2012, 04:52 PM
Living here in South Carolina....I hope that Clemson loses this game. Their fanbase believes that they are one of the top football traditions in college football. I hope they lose and bring them back down to reality.

BigTip
1/4/2012, 08:52 PM
I am so glad College football is not the NFL.

College is a passion, NFL is a product.

Yes yes yes. I say rooting for one NFL team to beat another NFL is like rooting for McDonalds to sell more burgers than Burger King. Strikes, free agency lunacy, and owners like Jerry Jones, are constantly reinforcing that believe too.