PDA

View Full Version : OU @ Mizzou

badger
1/3/2012, 03:53 PM
We are gonna give the Missouri Tigers their first loss of the season, and SS.com apparently wants to make sure that none of you miss it!

7 p.m. tonite:

FS OKLAHOMA PLUS CHANNEL LISTING
Bixby: BTC Broadband Ch. 52
Bartlesville: Cable One Ch. 77
Eastern Oklahoma: Cox Ch. 267
Oklahoma City: Cox Ch. 68 or 715 (HD)
Tahlequah: Tahlequah Cable Ch. 3
Tulsa: Cox Ch. 68 or 715 (HD)
AT&T U-verse: Ch. 754
DirecTV: Ch. 680 (Sports Pack required)
Dish Network: Ch. 445 (Sports Pack required)

On the radio:
Sooner Radio Network
KOKC 1520 AM in Oklahoma City
KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa

There's also ESPN3.com if you're not local or don't have the right channel.

Game preview on SS.com here. (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/010212aab.html) Kruger also made the media rounds (soooo nice to have a public coach!) so all you have to do is Google news search "Lon Kruger" to see tons of media previews on the game.

Boomer!

kbsooner21
1/3/2012, 03:59 PM
I like your optimism badger :D

Boomer.....
1/3/2012, 04:52 PM
We'll see what this team is about tonight.

Blue
1/3/2012, 05:46 PM
Pumped. Not superly optimistic but pumped nonetheless.

Vegas Sooner
1/3/2012, 05:47 PM
Its called ESPN Full Court. If you must, use the internet to sneak a peak.

Line has moved down to Mizzou -13.

Blue
1/3/2012, 08:12 PM
13-6 Mizzou.

kevpks
1/3/2012, 08:24 PM
They do not miss many shots. I hate Mizzou.

Blue
1/3/2012, 08:33 PM
Wow. They're good. 35-21 Mizz.

Eielson
1/3/2012, 08:44 PM
Welp...Kansas on Saturday?

Eielson
1/3/2012, 09:20 PM
This is looking like it could be worse than any of Capel's conference losses by the time it's all said and done.

Blue
1/3/2012, 09:25 PM
They look horrible thats for sure. Forget it and move forward.

rdusooner
1/3/2012, 09:26 PM
Hopefully they get their worst collective performance over early and the rest of conference play is much more competitive.

Blue
1/3/2012, 09:26 PM
76-38 Mizzou.

badger
1/3/2012, 09:34 PM
:( this is badger's sad face.

StoopTroup
1/3/2012, 09:38 PM
Tough night for Lon and our Sooners.

jiminy
1/3/2012, 09:40 PM
I'm gettin a little ticked watching this game. Miz is up 40 and the refs are still calling everything their way... just saw a tiger throw an obvious elbow driving to the basket and no foul...

Eielson
1/3/2012, 09:41 PM
At least Fitz is playing.

StoopTroup
1/3/2012, 09:41 PM
The Thunder are hangin' with Portland.

StoopTroup
1/3/2012, 09:42 PM
Looks like someone pissed all over the floor

Blue
1/3/2012, 09:50 PM
87-49. Hopefully just a bad night. Hold serve at home minus a few to the top teams and steal a few on the road and we'll be alright.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/3/2012, 09:53 PM
No coverage here. Hopefully, the guys can just put it behind them. No time to fret because the Jayhawks are coming to town!

Soonerjeepman
1/3/2012, 10:42 PM
wow..that was some ugly ball....we couldn't make lay-ups and mu made everything....hopefully their #7 ranking is warranted...

There were a lot of bad calls....we would touch them and get called...they would do the same and we'd still get called for the foul...BUT that isn't worth 40pts...still hope...LOL...I figured 8-8 in the league would be huge...MIGHT steal one at home against the top 5...it'll be tough...I'd say the road will be brutal..with maybe tt, a/m and osu....or isu as wins...who knows...they just need to put this behind them and move forward.

just wish it was more respectable..

Boomer Sooner...big game Sat.

TopDog8025
1/3/2012, 10:43 PM
It's a sad review this time :(. http://isportsweb.com/2012/01/03/oklahoma-basketball-sooners-are-tigers-prey-as-missouri-coasts-to-easy-win/

Eielson
1/4/2012, 12:37 AM
We've lost to a Cincinnati team that had 4 suspended players, blown out by St. Louis, and absolute embarrased by Missouri under Kruger. I have high hopes for Kruger as well, but we would have been calling for Capel's head if this had happened under him.

Eielson
1/4/2012, 02:02 AM
Just heard on ESPN that this is our worst loss in Big XII history.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/4/2012, 06:41 AM
Maybe call for Capel's head during his 3rd season. This group is playing far better than last year. Sometimes the wheels fall off the wagon. Move on. Don't let it define us.

thecrimsoncrusader
1/4/2012, 07:47 AM
Paybacks are a female dog. Missouri doesn't have a good coach in Haith, he's just riding the talent brought in by Anderson. Missouri will be on the receiving end of many of these in the near future once the talent level at Oklahoma has been repaired. Between last year's and this year's squad, these are the least talented Sooner teams in about 3 decades.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/4/2012, 07:53 AM
I think this group has talent. It's just gonna take time to repair what happened for the last 2 seasons. Sometimes there are relapses. Like last night.

Boomer.....
1/4/2012, 08:35 AM
That was a complete shellacking! They whipped us up and down the court and couldn't miss a shot.

SoonerMarkVA
1/4/2012, 11:22 AM
The single word I would use to describe this team is "soft". We don't seem to have sufficient mental, or physical, toughness. Probably a combination of overall talent and the beatdown most of these guys took last season. If we face an opponent that doesn't challenge us physically or mentally, we look really good. Once the mind games start, or we get punched in the face, we get goopy.

Anyway, it seems to me Kruger is making the most of his talent, which I attribute to good coaching. There's little doubt in my mind we're better now than we would have been without a coaching change. Since the man is making improvements, I'm content to give him time to get more of his own players in and more of his philosophy instilled before I would make any substantial criticism. This season is OTJ training, as far as I'm concerned. As long as it lays the groundwork for solid improvements next year, and preferably noticeable improvement as the year goes on, I'll consider it a success.

Lott's Bandana
1/4/2012, 11:41 AM
Missouri is good.

Spray
1/4/2012, 01:15 PM
Last night was just a reality check. We're going to lose a lot more from here on out. But the direction is positive- just enjoy the ride.

badger
1/4/2012, 02:58 PM
Mizzou absolutely couldn't miss early-on. If we shot that well every night, we'd be undefeated also.

That said, we just met one of four undefeated teams in the country and won't meet any more the rest of the season (Baylor and Mizzou meet before we play Baylor, right?) so don't expect last night's beatdown to be the norm... unless you suddenly decide Texas Tech is your team. ;)

Soonerjeepman
1/4/2012, 03:08 PM
Don't get me wrong...like the direction and I believe Coach K will prevail in the end...it was UGLY though...almost had to laugh at some of the play...we CANNOT defend the pick and roll or pop to save our lives...defensively we were poor...standing 3 ft away from our guy...but it's early...still thinking 17/12 ish this yr...

Salt City Sooner
1/4/2012, 06:17 PM
Paybacks are a female dog. Missouri doesn't have a good coach in Haith, he's just riding the talent brought in by Anderson. Missouri will be on the receiving end of many of these in the near future once the talent level at Oklahoma has been repaired. Between last year's and this year's squad, these are the least talented Sooner teams in about 3 decades.
Are we joining the SEC & I just missed it? We get one more crack at them (2 at most) barring any future OOC sets.

kbsooner21
1/5/2012, 10:24 AM
Will the real Cam Clark please stand up

thecrimsoncrusader
1/5/2012, 02:34 PM
Are we joining the SEC & I just missed it? We get one more crack at them (2 at most) barring any future OOC sets.

Yes, you missed it. Try to keep up.

soonervegas
1/6/2012, 02:19 PM
Mizzou might very well break that "No Final Four" streak this year. Couple that with a team that is fighting to get to the bubble, on the road......these things happen.

All I wanted was a 3-2 start from this bunch in Big 12 play. That is still well in play with KU, at OSU, KSU, and Tech at home coming up.

It gets really, really brutal for about 4 games after the 1st 5.....so we need some wins.