PDA

View Full Version : 10-2 in non-con,better or worse than you thought?

stoopified
1/3/2012, 12:23 PM
I had us at 9-3.I thought we would be 1-2 in the 76er and had us losing to Cincy.Taking into account this was my preseason pick,I have to admit I was disappointed in losing to the Bearcats.I feel a little better after watching Cincy take down Pitt on the road. My preseason conference pick was 8-10,and while I am tempted to upgrade that I think I'll wait a couple games to see if I SHOULD upgrade my conference expectations. I will say this,I'm not sold that there is any team the rest of this season that we can't beat.Texas,Kansas,aTm,KSU and Missou don't seem all that scary. TT,osu,ISU look pitiful while Baylor is incredibly talented and seemingly playing to their talent level BUT I have watched the Bears fold after great starts before(does last year ring a bell?).

Peach Fuzz
1/3/2012, 12:34 PM
I think I had us around 9-3 as well. I agree that none of the conference teams seem unbeatable. Mizzou is the one I think we'd probably have a harder time with. Kansas seems like it will be harder than Baylor. Baylor is good, but they can play to their opponents level fairly often.

badger
1/3/2012, 12:49 PM
BEET MISERY

^^^ all that's on my mind right now concerning OU mens basketball :D

Ton Loc
1/3/2012, 01:25 PM
Missouri's defense worries me when we only have one true point guard. I think we'll have a good shot if we can keep the turnovers down.

kbsooner21
1/3/2012, 04:38 PM
Better than I thought even considering the easy schedule. I don't see us being able to beat Missouri, Baylor, or Kansas. It's gonna get tough from here.

stoopified
1/4/2012, 12:34 AM
I think I am going to stick with my preseason 17-13,8-10 in conference NIT prediction. I take solace in the old coaching axiom that you are never as good as your best win or as bad as your worst loss. I HOPE this was our worst loss.

BoomerSooner123
1/4/2012, 11:29 PM
The record is better than I expected. My own attitude is what I wasn't expecting. I eagerly anticipate the next game again.

Vegas Sooner
1/5/2012, 02:32 AM
not to go back, but that Cincy game was in their hands.

...better, but here comes KU and Big 12 play.

Sooner95
1/5/2012, 09:27 AM
better than I was expecting...but Big12 play is upon us and we will come back down to earth.