PDA

View Full Version : Who played with more passion?

soonervegas
1/3/2012, 10:55 AM
The pokes last night (or)

The last three OU teams to show up to the Fiesta combined?

NormanPride
1/3/2012, 10:58 AM
I don't know what this means. The game against WVU I will agree that the team did not show passion, but the others were very passionate. Beyond that, OSU didn't look like they were amazingly hyped the whole game... Their D looked terrible and their offense was completely stymied until Stanford forgot to play defense.

SoonerAtKU
1/3/2012, 11:02 AM
Yes, the first and last OU teams to play in the Fiesta Bowl played just as hard as this Oklahoma State team. The WVU game was a notable exception.

SoonerNutt
1/3/2012, 11:49 AM
I wonder if you would be talking about how much passion oSu played with if Stanford's kicker made a routine FG at the end of regulation. oSu's passion must have gotten into his head.

toast
1/3/2012, 11:58 AM
Big difference in Stanford vs UConn

cvsooner
1/3/2012, 02:23 PM
I still can't believe he missed the FG. It's a little bit longer but it's essentially a PAT. Dead from the center of the field. Don't try to kill the ball and put it straight down the middle. I'm glad 2011 is over.

picasso
1/3/2012, 02:25 PM
Wow, you mean the pokes first BCS game in the greatest season of the school's history?????

That's a pretty ****ty comparison.

oSuJeff1997
1/3/2012, 02:36 PM
I still can't believe he missed the FG. It's a little bit longer but it's essentially a PAT. Dead from the center of the field. Don't try to kill the ball and put it straight down the middle. I'm glad 2011 is over.

And yet it happens all the time, especially in big games when there is pressure on. Hell, Quin Sharp is damn-near automatic inside 45 yards, and he missed that 37-yard (or whatever it was) field goal in Ames that would have put OSU in the national title game.

It's like saying making a 5-foot put is a gimmie. Sure it is... when you're by yourself practicing.

It's the pressure that makes the shot... or in this case, the field goal.

goingoneight
1/3/2012, 02:53 PM
I thought OSU looked business as usual, really. Stanford's guys were the ones playing their hearts out, IMO. OSU just caught a lucky break there to keep the game within reach.

VA Sooner
1/3/2012, 07:53 PM
The WVU game... giving me a pain in my side whenever someone mentions that game.

Stanford played well and needed a kicker with more game time experience... and to make one of three field goals. The only other mistake I saw was leaving too much time on the clock for Weeden and Blackmon to march down the field. There was no way to cover Blackmon... he was impressive. Glad he's moving on.

cvsooner
1/3/2012, 08:08 PM
The WVU game... giving me a pain in my side whenever someone mentions that game.It wasn't a game. I was there. It was awful.

Stanford played well and needed a kicker with more game time experience... and to make one of three field goals. The only other mistake I saw was leaving too much time on the clock for Weeden and Blackmon to march down the field. There was no way to cover Blackmon... he was impressive. Glad he's moving on.Stanford had the ball nearly 42 minutes. OSewe was impressive in what it was able to do in 18 minutes. Sadly, Stanford's defense played very well against the run. They just had no answer for Blackmon. And Weeden handled pressure better than I expected. Both teams had good gameplans, all in all, I thought. OSewe adapted to Stanford's ball control plan extremely well but the D was absolutely exhausted by the end, and understandably. Shouldn't have come down to a field goal, but it's a funny game sometimes. One more sack or one more interception and we're talking today about Choklahoma State. And their O-line gets away with more holding than anybody. Except for Oregon. Shameful.

yermom
1/3/2012, 08:11 PM
i can't hardly remember the WV game. i think i just kinda checked out.

not nearly as traumatizing as the Boise game was

picasso
1/3/2012, 08:53 PM
And yet it happens all the time, especially in big games when there is pressure on. Hell, Quin Sharp is damn-near automatic inside 45 yards, and he missed that 37-yard (or whatever it was) field goal in Ames that would have put OSU in the national title game.

It's like saying making a 5-foot put is a gimmie. Sure it is... when you're by yourself practicing.

It's the pressure that makes the shot... or in this case, the field goal.
Your avatar sucks btw. Corporate raider types are like so cool and ****.

Eielson
1/3/2012, 09:00 PM
Stanford far outplayed Oklahoma State and was clearly the better team. Blackmon won that game for them. He played with passion, but everybody else on their team? Myeh. If they were playing passionately then they're a lot less talented than I thought.

OkieThunderLion
1/3/2012, 09:17 PM

Like anyone can even know that.

StoopTroup
1/3/2012, 09:51 PM
The answer is oSu of course. I get the feeling thought that Vegas is asking the question as a kind of complaint type of question to try and get another bitchfest thread going.

Thing is, about it all, is that oSu should be more excited since it was their first shot at a BCS game. Add to it that Stanford laid the win in their lap and you are going to have players and fans getting excited like a kid who got a PS3 and a XBOX360 from Santa.

StoopTroup
1/3/2012, 09:54 PM
Stanford far outplayed Oklahoma State and was clearly the better team. Blackmon won that game for them. He played with passion, but everybody else on their team? Myeh. If they were playing passionately then they're a lot less talented than I thought.

I think they had lots of guys that made plays besides Blackmon...especially the guy who caught that last pass in OT. I think he peed himself.

Also...Weeden did a great job standing up to Luck and Luck didn't fight to make the big plays IMO. It seemed like Luck kind of just let the Coaches make the calls instead of him calling an audible maybe and doing what everyone who thinks he's the #1 Draft Pick thinks he's capable of...scoring TDs.

I'm thinking Luck hurt his standings in the draft last night and Weeden made himself a millionaire

47straight
1/3/2012, 11:53 PM
The OU team playing Boise State played their asses off to come from behind.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2012, 12:03 AM
I think they had lots of guys that made plays besides Blackmon...especially the guy who caught that last pass in OT. I think he peed himself.

Also...Weeden did a great job standing up to Luck and Luck didn't fight to make the big plays IMO. It seemed like Luck kind of just let the Coaches make the calls instead of him calling an audible maybe and doing what everyone who thinks he's the #1 Draft Pick thinks he's capable of...scoring TDs.

I'm thinking Luck hurt his standings in the draft last night and Weeden made himself a millionaire

That's crazy talk. Luck played a great game. Weeden didn't hurt himself either.

SoonerSpock
1/4/2012, 11:05 AM
It wasn't a game. I was there. It was awful.

Stanford had the ball nearly 42 minutes. OSewe was impressive in what it was able to do in 18 minutes. Sadly, Stanford's defense played very well against the run. They just had no answer for Blackmon. And Weeden handled pressure better than I expected. Both teams had good gameplans, all in all, I thought. OSewe adapted to Stanford's ball control plan extremely well but the D was absolutely exhausted by the end, and understandably. Shouldn't have come down to a field goal, but it's a funny game sometimes. One more sack or one more interception and we're talking today about Choklahoma State. And their O-line gets away with more holding than anybody. Except for Oregon. Shameful.

No need to talk about one more sack or one more interception. Most big games are lost my unforced errors. Luck's high hand off on his 3 yardline and missed field goals in the first and fourth quarter are why the Cardinal went home with a loss. Don't fumble and the pukes have to score two TD's and XP's in the final 4:34 to tie.

Make the first quarter field goal and Stanford has a 10 point lead when the pukes get the ball with 4:34 needing two scores to tie. Game over.

LBMASTER57
1/5/2012, 10:12 PM
:mad::mad:

who really gives a flyin f**k about osu on this board?? not me or most other OU fans. go over to the puke boards. they will love to play q&a with you

Eielson
1/5/2012, 11:16 PM

Chelf made a few plays, but I can't help but think he wouldn't have gotten so open if there wasn't so much attention directed to Blackmon. They had absolutely no running game to speak of, and if it weren't for Blackmon, they wouldn't have had much of a passing game. Stanford on the other hand, was gashing them for 5 or 6 yards every carry and Luck was completing nearly everything (almost 90% completion). Even with Blackmon, I still can't figure out how Oklahoma State won that game.

Luck played amazing. With the exception of the interception, he played as close to perfect as you can get. That was probably the best passing performance I've ever seen in a BCS bowl game.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/5/2012, 11:58 PM
I wonder if you would be talking about how much passion oSu played with if Stanford's kicker made a routine FG at the end of regulation. oSu's passion must have gotten into his head.Badda bum badda bing!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/6/2012, 12:02 AM

It's the pressure that makes the shot... or in this case, the field goal.Your kicker did his team a BIG favor by missing in Ames. Pore coach Gundy woulda "had to resign" after the game if you guys would have had to play Leslie State!

oudavid1
1/6/2012, 08:50 AM
Considering OSU won a game they never led until overtime against a really good QB on a big stage for the first time, OSU. No question.

Eielson
1/7/2012, 11:25 AM
Considering OSU won a game they never led until overtime against a really good QB on a big stage for the first time, OSU. No question.

Losing for most of the game makes your performance passionate?

Jacie
1/7/2012, 11:33 AM
The outcome of this game and the Michigan State-Georgia game surprised me. It seemed like Georgia outplayed MSU just as it seemed Stanford was having it's way with OSU. In the end, the dawgs and the trees were done in by miscues in the kicking game. Always tough on the kicker after watching his teammates putting them in position to win and unable to deliver when it was time to step up.