PDA

View Full Version : Osu national champions

85sooners
1/3/2012, 01:12 AM
:miserable:

nighttrain12
1/3/2012, 01:15 AM
In rasslin', yes, in football, they blew their big chance this season.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2012, 01:24 AM
They couldn't beat LSU, Bammer, The Quacks or usuc, but due to Blackmon, are a solid #5 by my Final Ratings.

TulsaSooners
1/3/2012, 01:27 AM
I hear they play some mean hide-and-seek in Stillwater. Maybe they're national champs in that???

cleller
1/3/2012, 08:00 AM
Its over and done for them. Back to mediocrity.

OULenexaman
1/3/2012, 08:37 AM
That will hold true for Stanford more so than the Pokes.

badger
1/3/2012, 09:02 AM
They missed a field goal (at Iowa State) so they're not in the championships game, but because their opponent couldn't make field goals, they should be considered again? Because really, that's the only reason Stanford didn't win, because their freshman kicker couldn't make a field goal at the end of regulation and a few other times in the game.

SoonernAR
1/3/2012, 09:09 AM
The only way they could be considered was if they had a dominating win over Stanford, thought everyone knew that before the game.

OULenexaman
1/3/2012, 09:22 AM
yep.....instead they got a gift from Stanford. Even the time of possesion is just mind boggling. How do you take the ball out of the hands of the #1 upcoming draft pick who has only missed 4 passes all night and put it on the foot of a redshirt freshman kicker? David Shaw might just be the next HC of the Chicago Bears.

Midtowner
1/3/2012, 09:33 AM
Nah, the ISU loss is worse than Bama losing to LSU twice or LSU losing to Bama once after beating them. Sorry, no Oklahoma State championship this year.

Now they must rebuild.

ouwino
1/3/2012, 09:39 AM
i think osu will continue to be on the national stage. next year they may be down from this past year, but everyone has to re-load every once in a while. osu has the facilities, and they now have the name. OU, texas, will now have a 3rd player in the conference. a lot of things fell just right for osu this season, but that is the way with every team that is successful. luck, and injuries play a large part. but, osu now has a strong foundation in which to build. i believe they will build on it as long as they have gundy as coach and t-boones money pool. and, in reality, the big 12 needs a strong third player. it will improve our conference. with nebraska and a&m gone, osu getting stronger will help the conference. hopefully, tcu and wv can add to the conference strength and prestige. and if the conference does fail in a few years.... osu is now a more desireable little brother to bring along with us to the next gig.

Sooners78
1/3/2012, 09:42 AM
Their defense giving up 38 points is all the proof I need that they didn't belong. I would say the same thing if it were OU. Defense wins championships.

That was a great win for OSU. I'm just commenting on the debate of whether or not they deserved to be in New Orleans. We all agree that LSU deserves to be there, and very little separates them from Bama.

badger
1/3/2012, 10:02 AM
If you really want to break a Poke's heart:

"Your men's basketball team has a better chance of winning a national championship this year than your football team!"

Even at 7-6, their team either needs to have a strong conference season showing or win the Big 12 tourney to get a Big Dance invite.

Both would result in a chance at the national championship... something that OSU will NOT have this postseason, and will NOT be in consideration for no matter what.

:stunned: :eddie: :les: [hairGel]

PrideMom
1/3/2012, 10:03 AM
One in a hundred and ten years is okay........

badger
1/3/2012, 10:14 AM
http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2fproductImages%2f_780000%2fff_78096 3_xl.jpg&w=400

Nacho victory, lol

hawaii 5-0
1/3/2012, 10:17 AM
Unless Bama or the Tigahs gets blown out the Pukes will have to settle for 3rd.

5-0

sluggo sooner
1/3/2012, 11:06 AM
Isn't the winner of the BCS title game the champ no matter what?

badger
1/3/2012, 11:12 AM

Ideally yes

BigTip
1/3/2012, 01:02 PM

Yes, but the pokie sunshine pumpers had a scenario that would get them the AP championship at least. They had to win big last night, then have 'bama beat lsu in an ugly sloppy close game.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2012, 01:05 PM
i think osu will continue to be on the national stage. next year they may be down from this past year, but everyone has to re-load every once in a while. osu has the facilities, and they now have the name. OU, texas, will now have a 3rd player in the conference. a lot of things fell just right for osu this season, but that is the way with every team that is successful. luck, and injuries play a large part. but, osu now has a strong foundation in which to build. i believe they will build on it as long as they have gundy as coach and t-boones money pool. and, in reality, the big 12 needs a strong third player. it will improve our conference. with nebraska and a&m gone, osu getting stronger will help the conference. hopefully, tcu and wv can add to the conference strength and prestige. and if the conference does fail in a few years.... osu is now a more desireable little brother to bring along with us to the next gig.SO wrong, for SO MANY reasons.

badger
1/3/2012, 01:05 PM
Yes, but the pokie sunshine pumpers had a scenario that would get them the AP championship at least. They had to win big last night, then have 'bama beat lsu in an ugly sloppy close game.

Miami thought the same thing in the 2000 season, because surely Florida State would ensure that dinky widdle Oklahoma wouldn't finish their season undefeated and the voters would choose mighty Miami over the team they beat earlier in the season, Florida State.

:les: and LSU are gonna have a home game atmosphere at the Superdome and there's absolutely no reason that Bammer will beat them now if they couldn't at home in the regular season.

70sooner
1/3/2012, 01:11 PM

mythically, yes....

StoopTroup
1/3/2012, 01:11 PM
Bama wins by 6

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2012, 01:12 PM
The AP title is an insult these days if they go contrary to the BCS title team. A school would have to graciously accept it, but everyone knows it was the result of a pity vote.

diverdog
1/3/2012, 01:21 PM
Unless Bama or the Tigahs gets blown out the Pukes will have to settle for 3rd.

5-0

They will not be behind a two loss bama team.

PalmBeachSooner
1/3/2012, 01:21 PM
Maybe the Broken Ledger will have their own poll and make OSU their national champ. Then OSU could count it much like Bama counts theirs.

picasso
1/3/2012, 02:19 PM
i think osu will continue to be on the national stage. next year they may be down from this past year, but everyone has to re-load every once in a while. osu has the facilities, and they now have the name. OU, texas, will now have a 3rd player in the conference. a lot of things fell just right for osu this season, but that is the way with every team that is successful. luck, and injuries play a large part. but, osu now has a strong foundation in which to build. i believe they will build on it as long as they have gundy as coach and t-boones money pool. and, in reality, the big 12 needs a strong third player. it will improve our conference. with nebraska and a&m gone, osu getting stronger will help the conference. hopefully, tcu and wv can add to the conference strength and prestige. and if the conference does fail in a few years.... osu is now a more desireable little brother to bring along with us to the next gig.
They now have the name? Of what? Is Washington State or Kansas State on the national radar year in and out?

sooneredaco
1/3/2012, 02:20 PM
Whatever newspaper is in Perkins (I'm assuming they have one), will vote them #1

badger
1/3/2012, 02:43 PM
They now have the name? Of what? Is Washington State or Kansas State on the national radar year in and out?

As you might recall, both Wazzu and KSU went through coaching changes before/shortly after their big BCS runs.

In Wazzu's case, Mike Price coached against OU in the Rose Bowl (2002 season/2003 calendar year) despite taking the Bammer job... and you all have probably heard how that one ended. "Oh it's rollin' baby" lol.

In KSU's case, Bill Snyder retired (before unretiring a few years ago, lol) in 2005, less than two seasons after taking the kitties to the Fiesta Bowl (Jason White's knees, quarterback acting stupid before the big game, blah blah blah).

So, the biggest thing for Poke State to ensure that they don't endure similar widdle brudder post-BCS meltdowns is consistency where you can get in college --- not in the players, because they inevitably leave --- but in the coaching. Not just [hairGel], but also Bill Young on defense seems to be very important to retain. Before Young arrived, OSU's defense seemed quite inept and the weaker side of the "most powerful offense" team on the rise.

Will they? Probably not. One of these will happen:

1- Coaching staff does not get retained. Gundy is having trouble holding onto his assistants enough as-is. Bill Young is probably gonna get yanked up by another program after all the turnovers his defense caused this season.

2- Boone Pickens channels Jerry Jones. A week ago it seemed like Gundy's contract talks were progressing, but nothing's been said since. Pickens might think that he can plug any head coach in "his" program and think that so long as he backs them up with his money the Pokes will keep winning. On one hand, I think they can lowball Gundy or make him work his existing contract and he'll stay. On the other... Gundy did just hire a pushy agent to get a better contract.

3- Boone Pickens passes away a happy man, having just witnessed a Big 12 championship and Fiesta Bowl winning season. And then, Madeline Pickens never gives another penny to OSU and instead turns the money train over to her own alma mater, Texas, and her own pet project, wild horsies (no joke, wild horsies). I think OSU alumni and officials would be foolish to think that their one-man booster club could be replaced easily, or that his wife would surely honor her late husband's desires to support his beloved Poke team.

4- Everything just collapses on its own independent of anything else. You can't lose as much talent as they're going to and not expect a rebuilding season... or two... or three. Or more. 7-6 will not just be their current mens basketball team's record.

oSuJeff1997
1/3/2012, 02:47 PM
Because really, that's the only reason Stanford didn't win, because their freshman kicker couldn't make a field goal at the end of regulation and a few other times in the game.

Really?

That's the *only* reason OSU won? So driving down and scoring a TD to tie the game with 2 minutes left didn't have anything to do with it?

Weeden's 400 yards passing or Blackmon's 180+ yards receiving didn't play a part either?

I think it's pretty hilarious that when OSU takes advantage of opponents' mistakes, it's "just luck", but when OU does the same it's "Sooner magic, baby!"

Give me a break.

badger
1/3/2012, 02:53 PM
Really?

That's the *only* reason OSU won? So driving down and scoring a TD to tie the game with 2 minutes left didn't have anything to do with it?

Weeden's 400 yards passing or Blackmon's 180+ yards receiving didn't play a part either?

I think it's pretty hilarious that when OSU takes advantage of opponents' mistakes, it's "just luck", but when OU does the same it's "Sooner magic, baby!"

Give me a break.

All credit and glory to Old Man Weeden and Hasselhoff Award winner Blackmon. They did score a lot of points and gain a lot of yards or whatever.

However, they were both on the sidelines as the froshie kicker wide-righted at the end of regulation.

This opponent's mistake was one that cost them the game, unquestionably. Surely I don't need to explain why. Oh, what the heck:

KEITON PAGE FOR THREE!
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Keiton%20Page%2012%20Basketball%20Tournament%20Fir st%20FbCvSd7bC12l.jpg

If Keiton misses the shot, OSU does not get three points, and if the game just ended and OSU was tied with its opponent, OSU does not win the game. If Keiton made the shot, OSU wins.

See what a difference scoring three points at the end of regulation when the game is tied makes to the overall outcome of the game?

:D

thecrimsoncrusader
1/3/2012, 02:53 PM

OSU doesn't have a long enough history of that to be considered anything but luck at this point still. Hell, if OSU can do that next season though without their best QB and best receiver in history, I will give them credit right then and there. :)

badger
1/3/2012, 02:55 PM
OSU doesn't have a long enough history of that to be considered anything but luck at this point still. Hell, if OSU can do that next season though without their best QB and best receiver in history, I will give them credit right then and there. :)

They traded suck for luck.

SUCK FOR LUCK! SUCK FOR LUCK! ;)

thecrimsoncrusader
1/3/2012, 02:55 PM
Actually, the only reason OSU won that game is because both Oklahoma and Texas weren't very good this year and the other losses those teams had reinforces that fact. Oklahoma losing to Texas Tech in Norman and Baylor in Waco? Yep, I would say Oklahoma wasn't very good this year. And then there is that 5 loss Texas team...

oSuJeff1997
1/3/2012, 02:59 PM
1- Coaching staff does not get retained. Gundy is having trouble holding onto his assistants enough as-is. Bill Young is probably gonna get yanked up by another program after all the turnovers his defense caused this season.

Don't we think Gundy deserves the benefit of the doubt in hiring assistants at this point?

Yes they've been moving on, but he always finds another good one and we continue to win.

His former assitants/cooridnators are now head coaches at Illinois (Meachum), North Carolina (Fedora), and West Virginia (Holgerson). I'm sure someone is going to get Monken at some point, and Gundy will get another good one to replace him.

As for Bill Young... yeah don't hold your breath on him leaving. He's in his mid-60s and has stated multiple times that he figures this will be his last job.

2- Boone Pickens channels Jerry Jones. A week ago it seemed like Gundy's contract talks were progressing, but nothing's been said since. Pickens might think that he can plug any head coach in "his" program and think that so long as he backs them up with his money the Pokes will keep winning. On one hand, I think they can lowball Gundy or make him work his existing contract and he'll stay. On the other... Gundy did just hire a pushy agent to get a better contract.

LOL. This sentiment is disputed by Boone himself. He's flat-out said that this sticking point isn't money, it's length of contract. Gundy wants 10, and Holder doesn't want to give it him. At the end of the day, it will get worked out. I honestly can't wait just so the conspiracy theorists out there will have one less thing to talk about.

3- Boone Pickens passes away a happy man, having just witnessed a Big 12 championship and Fiesta Bowl winning season. And then, Madeline Pickens never gives another penny to OSU and instead turns the money train over to her own alma mater, Texas, and her own pet project, wild horsies (no joke, wild horsies). I think OSU alumni and officials would be foolish to think that their one-man booster club could be replaced easily, or that his wife would surely honor her late husband's desires to support his beloved Poke team.

This is a wildly uninformed post. Not even really worth addressing.

4- Everything just collapses on its own independent of anything else. You can't lose as much talent as they're going to and not expect a rebuilding season... or two... or three. Or more. 7-6 will not just be their current mens basketball team's record.

Did you copy and paste this from just after the 2009 season? Because you guys were saying the same thing this time that year. Except you were saying how a 9-win season was "the best we could ever do", how we would "never win the Big 12 championship" and how it was "back to 7-win seasons." Whoops.

I'm not saying we're going to win the Big 12 again next year. We obviously have some spots to fill in the roster. But the program has reached a level that it's never been on... in terms of depth of talent, system stability, financial support (way more than just Boone, BTW) and faciliites.

thecrimsoncrusader
1/3/2012, 03:18 PM
I hope Bill Young sticks around. OSU's defense sucks and sucked this season outside of forcing turnovers and trying to point to Oklahoma's scoring output in the game against Oklahoma St. would be really foolish. You have to take the season as a whole and factor in all of the stats. OSU has more than some spots to fill. Trying replacing OSU's best QB in history and OSU's best receiver in history (who forces specific defensive gameplans because he is that good). Those type of players don't get replaced the very next season and that applies to EVERY program out there.

OSU winning the conference this year though had a lot more to do with Oklahoma not being very good and Texas even being worse. And after that, it then took OSU having their best team ever to finish the job. That doesn't bode too well for OSU's future since the odds of all of the above happening again along with OSU fielding a BYU QB again are extremely low.

Just enjoy this season as it won't happen again. Feel free to copy and paste this, but you will never be given an opportunity to cite it to your own benefit. Sorry.

badger
1/3/2012, 03:21 PM
I live in Tulsa, bro. I can debate OSU stuff alllll day with you as much as I've heard about your precious Poke team thanks to all of the Poke fans I have as neighbors and the local media that covers them like they're the home team. Of course, I probably will not resort to that for the benefit of my fellow Sooner fans that are probably sick of everything orange at this point, but here goes:

Don't we think Gundy deserves the benefit of the doubt in hiring assistants at this point?
There is absolutely nobody that I credit less than Gundy for the hiring of assistants coaches, because I am just not that convinced that he is a hands-on type coach. Only a few days before it actually happened, Gundy said publicly that OSU wasn't going to hire an offensive coordinator, then it happened. Based on his public statements and the fact that the assistants do not stay that long, my gut feeling is that he's not behind the hiring process.

His former assitants/cooridnators are now head coaches at Illinois (Meachum), North Carolina (Fedora), and West Virginia (Holgerson).
Illinois just fired Ron Zook, North Carolina just fired Butch Davis and West Virginia just fired Bill Stewart... and all of these happened in 2011... my calendar says that 2011 just ended a few days ago. Surely you can't give Gundy credit for hirings that are less than a year old. Surely.

This sentiment is disputed by Boone himself. He's flat-out said that this sticking point isn't money, it's length of contract.
Let me stop you right there. Why is Boone even disputing this? Why is he speaking like he is the general manager and owner of the (OSU) Cowboys football team? Why is he negotiating this contract and not the athletic director, president or regents?

This is a wildly uninformed post. Not even really worth addressing.
It is speculative, yes, but sports history dictates that strange things happen when the head honcho's funeral ends. For example:

Prior to the 1979 Super Bowl season, owner Carroll Rosenbloom drowned in an accident and his widow, Georgia Frontiere, inherited 70% ownership of the team. Frontiere then fired stepson Steve Rosenbloom and assumed total control of the Rams' operations.

I know T. Bone has signed "the giving pledge," but I don't think he has just been a philanthropist to Oklahoma State. Is there an exit strategy in place for his final wishes concerning his wealth? Or is your veterinary school still using models so that Madeline doesn't complain that your students are hurting helpless animals, (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090224_11_A1_STILLW709876) lest she disinherit your entire school after Boone's gone?

Did you copy and paste this from just after the 2009 season?
Oh yeah, just had to remove the "Team on the rise" motto that you've had since the dawn of time. ;)

the program has reached a level that it's never been on... in terms of depth of talent, system stability, financial support (way more than just Boone, BTW) and faciliites.
This is exactly why you will not stay on top, alas. Teams need to have a solid foundation to build on, and milking your fans for high priced season tickets to get into choice games, having one of the smallest stadiums in the country that you can't even sell out and having recruits dump their commitments for other schools should be red flags. The warning signs are there for a collapse. Just look at what's happened to your men's basketball program.

Anyways, always fun to debate a resident opposing fan.

oSuJeff1997
1/3/2012, 05:48 PM
There is absolutely nobody that I credit less than Gundy for the hiring of assistants coaches, because I am just not that convinced that he is a hands-on type coach.

LOL. This is ridiculous. He's the head coach. He's the one hiring the assistants.

Only a few days before it actually happened, Gundy said publicly that OSU wasn't going to hire an offensive coordinator, then it happened.

Right. Because all coaches are always 100% truthful with the media.

And anyway, I'd like to see the link to the article where Gundy definitvely said he WOULDN'T hire an OC.

Based on his public statements and the fact that the assistants do not stay that long, my gut feeling is that he's not behind the hiring process.

The is full retard.

He's had one defensive coordinator (Tim Beckman) and two offensive coordinators (Larry Fedora and Dana Holgerson) leave for HEAD COACHING JOBS. All have been successful.

His top two non-coordinator assitstants, Joe Deforrest and Joe Wickline, have been with him since he arrived in 2005, as has strength coach Rob Glass.

Illinois just fired Ron Zook, North Carolina just fired Butch Davis and West Virginia just fired Bill Stewart... and all of these happened in 2011... my calendar says that 2011 just ended a few days ago. Surely you can't give Gundy credit for hirings that are less than a year old. Surely.

What?

I'm not even sure what your point is here. My point is that those three guys (Fedora, Holgerson, Beckman) are all former Gundy hires who are now head coaches.

Let me stop you right there. Why is Boone even disputing this? Why is he speaking like he is the general manager and owner of the (OSU) Cowboys football team? Why is he negotiating this contract and not the athletic director, president or regents?

Because every time he's at a game a reporter shoves a mic in his face and asks him questions about OSU. He's said multiple times that he's "interested" in what goes on there and "stays informed", but he's not "calling the shots" by any means.

I'm sure you won't believe that, but that doesn't matter, becuase it doesn't make your conspiracy threory true.

I know T. Bone has signed "the giving pledge," but I don't think he has just been a philanthropist to Oklahoma State. Is there an exit strategy in place for his final wishes concerning his wealth?

What exactly do you think will happen? Will we tear down the facilities that have been built if he "stops giving"?

Teams need to have a solid foundation to build on, and milking your fans for high priced season tickets to get into choice games, having one of the smallest stadiums in the country that you can't even sell out and having recruits dump their commitments for other schools should be red flags.

OMG... this is freaking hysterical. Because a recruit has never decommitted to any other school. If one recruit switching his commitment is a "red flag" of an emminent collapse, then what would you call the current exodous of players from OU? DEFCON 5?

Your whole post is just a bunch of hilariously uninformed wishful thinking.

cvsooner
1/3/2012, 06:01 PM
I remember all the glory and hype that accompanied Clemson winning a national title in...1981? 1982? Whatever it was. They were going to be a great football program for the next 30 years. Until this year, that hasn't happened, much.

Enjoy this season, OSewe. It won't get any better than this. That kid makes that field goal and you lose the Fiesta Bowl by 3. If Sharp makes the field goal in Ames, you'd be in the national champeenship game. And LSU would positively kill you in N'Awlins. Stanford --Stanford--shut down your running game. LSU would shut down your passing game too. And possibly kill Blackmon. And they could simply just run the ball all day.

Stanford came up with a pretty good game plan for what they had (note they too were missing their best receiver). I question the decision to not give Luck another try or two for the endzone before the end of regulation. The guy had missed four passes, and OSewe was positively whipped physically. At the very least, get the ball a bit closer to the goalposts.

But still, the kicker, though a frosh, was 11 of 12 for the season from inside the 40, and it wasn't much more than a long extra point from the middle of the field. Shouldn't have missed it.

Well, congrats. Enjoy. We'll see you in Norman next year.

C&CDean
1/3/2012, 06:01 PM
Yo Jeff. You're aggy. WTF do you know about **** like football? Your team had a nice little run this year. Enjoy it. Savor it. Then STFU with all the retard crap.

KantoSooner
1/3/2012, 06:09 PM
there's absolutely no reason that Bammer will beat them now if they couldn't at home in the regular season.

There is at least one reason: Little Nicky Satan.

Remember how he tore Urban's chest open and removed his still beating heart with shards of ice? The grass eater has had everything his way this year, but Saban is still the Prince of Darkness and Devourer of Men's Souls. I sense that Bammer may very well put an epochal beatdown on the kitties and then go home as though nothing happened.

badger
1/3/2012, 06:12 PM
Then STFU with all the retard crap.

I agree. There are many insulting things that I will call others, in jest or otherwise, but the phrase "full retard" is pretty shallow and I have no use for it. So anyway, I think I'm finished with you. I thought I was having fun and being cordial, even in clear disagreement, but I have no interest in speaking with those who make fun of the developmentally disabled.

OKLA21FAN
1/3/2012, 07:03 PM
a giggle

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/rnr/2781353705.html

Where can I buy a OSU national championship ring? Anybody?

and a giggle response

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/rnr/2781572509.html

Regarding an OSU national championship ring. You will have to custom make your own. First, borrow an OU NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RING from someone. Any one of their 7 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS will do. Take this ring to a jewelry shop and ask them to make an exact copy, but substitute the initials OSU in place of OU on it. Be sure to tell them you want it made out steel, tin foil, or some other material that an OSU fan can afford. And finally, tell them to engrave the words "This ring is 100% real" on it so your OSU friends will not think it's a fake. You will be cool and awesome wearing your new OSU championship ring. Don't forget to return the OU NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RING you borrowed to its rightful owner.

I Am Right
1/3/2012, 07:14 PM
Oxymoron

Crimsontothecore
1/3/2012, 08:34 PM
Kinda pathetic the way aggies handle a successful season by coming here looking for validation. Even after their best season ever they feel so insecure that they come here looking for attaboys...or whatever they need.

mdklatt
1/3/2012, 10:01 PM
i think osu will continue to be on the national stage. next year they may be down from this past year, but everyone has to re-load every once in a while. osu has the facilities, and they now have the name. OU, texas, will now have a 3rd player in the conference.

Kansas has been to as many BCS bowls as oSu. Colorado has more national championships. I think you see where I'm going.

StoopTroup
1/3/2012, 10:10 PM
Kansas has been to as many BCS bowls as oSu. Colorado has more national championships. I think you see where I'm going.

http://t1.mixcloud.com/w/300/h/300/q/85/upload/images/extaudio/059ede05-ffca-45dc-8aa7-7b6f55afd5d0.jpg

OSUSam
1/3/2012, 10:37 PM
Maryland won the ACC in 2001, hasn't done crap since. Illinois won the Big 10 a few years back, hasn't done crap since. Kansas had a good year, then fell apart when Mangino left. Va Tech, Wisconson, and Oregon were similar to OSU, and somehow turned their fortunes and have been decent and repeat BCS teams ever since. OSU is at a crossroads where they could either go up or down. The next season is a crucial one, and if they have a decent season at all (9-3, 8-4) they will be even better in 2013. The only constant in those good programs I mentioned above was coaching. Oregon had Belotti to steady the ship, Wiscy had Alvarez, and Va Tech has had Beamer. If Gundy can keep things going like those guys, he is in. But if he pulls a Mangino, or a Friedgen, they really are the same old pokes. OSU has had a serious run of 9 out of 10 years bowling, which is something that Illinois, Kansas, and Maryland cannot lay claim to, which makes me think OSU might be more than just a flash in the pan. No one knows, we'll wait and see. My conditioning as an OSU fan tells me not to get too excited.

stoopified
1/4/2012, 12:18 AM
I hear they play some mean hide-and-seek in Stillwater. Maybe they're national champs in that???nAW MAN,aAIMAL HUSBANDRY TEAM IS UNDEFEATED ,75 CONSECUTIVE TITLES

Okie35
1/4/2012, 03:58 AM
Miami thought the same thing in the 2000 season, because surely Florida State would ensure that dinky widdle Oklahoma wouldn't finish their season undefeated and the voters would choose mighty Miami over the team they beat earlier in the season, Florida State.

:les: and LSU are gonna have a home game atmosphere at the Superdome and there's absolutely no reason that Bammer will beat them now if they couldn't at home in the regular season.

I'm with you on that. Bama outgained LSU on offense at home and still lost. I don't see how Bama wins against LSU this time when its practically a home game.