PDA

View Full Version : I only have to cheer for one Oklahoma football team

SapulpaSooner
1/2/2012, 07:32 PM
people just do not get it telling me i need to cheer for some other football team from Oklahoma. :hot:

Breadburner
1/2/2012, 07:35 PM
Go Cardinals.....!!!

3rdgensooner
1/2/2012, 07:36 PM
I too am a Cardinal fan tonight.

CowboyMRW
1/2/2012, 07:38 PM
Man, I was really hoping that yall would be pulling for us and the Big 12 tonight.

Blue
1/2/2012, 07:42 PM
I'm rootin for the pokes. I don't have to live with them.

LVSOONER15
1/2/2012, 07:43 PM
Go Cardinals.....!!!

That exactly what I say. Go Cardinals!!

okiegirl
1/2/2012, 07:52 PM
Loving OU is good, but we should break our rules and cheer for the "other" team because the stronger the BIG 12 is the STRONGER we are.... sorry if you are confused but that's how the comp reads it..so you should HOPE the other Okie team wins...as my fiancee said, " If the Big 12 is weak than OU will never play in another champ game...he hates all teams but his, but he wants all 12 teams to win to make his team (ISU) and my team (OU) strong next yr.

OUNASH
1/2/2012, 07:53 PM
It'll be a cold day in Hell before I pull for the pukes.
Go Crdinal :excitement:

rock on sooner
1/2/2012, 07:54 PM
Man, I was really hoping that yall would be pulling for us and the Big 12 tonight.

Ya know, wanna pull for the Okie teams..Tulsa, Poke State and OUr Sooners but, for the most part, Pokes only want
to rag on us. So, I guess what goes around comes around....:subdued:

okiegirl
1/2/2012, 07:58 PM
Does any understand how the computers work?...we have to have OSU score high now..RIGHT?? I am sick of bowl games, i want champ games, but if Big 12 is weak we do not stand a chance to win champ....when we go to play-offs then yes hate them, but for now, cheer, Cheer, CHEER!!!! Hope they win and win BIG!!... or am i confused, yes i am a blonde...so correct me if i am wrong

3rdgensooner
1/2/2012, 07:58 PM
Oh please, the Big ___ does just fine without me feeling compelled to pull for the horns, or the cowboys, or the red raiders.

olevetonahill
1/2/2012, 08:00 PM
I Picked the Pokes to win . But really figure they gonna do the Poke Choke

yermom
1/2/2012, 08:01 PM
the computers mean squat right now

if the average poke fan wasn't an ***, i might be more willing to pull for them

CowboyMRW
1/2/2012, 08:05 PM
Do it for me then? :angel:

soonersweetie
1/2/2012, 08:06 PM
I will be cheering for osu. Not because I'm an osu fan, but because I'm a big 12 fan. Yes, I will find it difficult at times, no I'm not wearin orange (I don't own anything orange).

I want our conf to do well.

Boomer Sooner

yermom
1/2/2012, 08:06 PM
Do it for me then? :angel:

if you were the only poke fan i ever had to deal with, it might be okay

and for the record, i think OSU got jobbed by the BCS

3rdgensooner
1/2/2012, 08:21 PM
and for the record, i think OSU got jobbed by the BCSI do too. I still won't root for them.

ouwasp
1/2/2012, 08:21 PM
if you were the only poke fan i ever had to deal with, it might be okay

and for the record, i think OSU got jobbed by the BCS

I agree with this statement. MRW is a good poke. But I'll never pull for OSU. It's pointless for anyone to try and convince me otherwise.

Lott's Bandana
1/2/2012, 08:24 PM
No S.

CowboyMRW
1/2/2012, 08:24 PM
I understand guys. I thank yall for saying I'm a good Poke though. I really like this board and the great posters on it are what keeps me coming back.

A Sooner in Texas
1/2/2012, 08:27 PM
Would love to see it go right down to the wire, with the pokeys pullin' their usual choke at the end. Sorry MRW. You're good folks, but it's just too much out of the natural order of things for the Pokes to be playing in a BCS bowl while the Sooners have to be happy with an Insight Bowl victory.

FYI, ya'll it's CARDINAL. No "s" on the end. Close enough to crimson for me.

Peach Fuzz
1/2/2012, 08:28 PM
Screw b12 allegiance. We're not the sec.

Lott's Bandana
1/2/2012, 08:30 PM
Would love to see it go right down to the wire, with the pokeys pullin' their usual choke at the end. Sorry MRW. You're good folks, but it's just too much out of the natural order of things for the Pokes to be playing in a BCS bowl while the Sooners have to be happy with an Insight Bowl victory.

I beat.

Peach Fuzz
1/2/2012, 08:33 PM

it's y'all

A Sooner in Texas
1/2/2012, 08:33 PM
I beat.
Good on ya, LB! Way to go!:applause:

wishbonesooner
1/2/2012, 08:34 PM
Every OSU fan I dealt with following Sooner losses in BCS championship games was exactly alike. A big grin, telling me how much they loved seeing OU get beat. Screw the Big 12 and the pukes. I'd root for Al Queda if they were playing OSU.

A Sooner in Texas
1/2/2012, 08:35 PM
it's y'all

Forgot to check my redneck spellcheck.:texan:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2012, 08:36 PM

if the average poke fan wasn't an ***, i might be more willing to pull for themThis is the real world!

delhalew
1/2/2012, 08:40 PM
My dad, the man who taught me to bleed crimson, rolled by in a poke beanie. Bless his heart, his Oklahoma state pride is much stronger than mine. I won't root against them, but I'll be damned if I get caught out in public supporting them.

Sooner Tri
1/2/2012, 08:40 PM
I'm trying to recall how many poke fans were rooting for the Sooners last year after they won the Big 12 and played in the Fiesta Bowl.
I don't remember any of them saying they were going for OU for the sake of the Big 12. Turnabout is fair play!

Lott's Bandana
1/2/2012, 08:43 PM
Good on ya, LB! Way to go!:applause:

I was a CardInal fan when they were Indians. ???

Now they are a color.

Harvard mimics.

1/2/2012, 08:44 PM
College football has 2 types of fans: SOONERFANS and sooner HATERS

okiegirl
1/2/2012, 08:51 PM
Would love to see it go right down to the wire, with the pokeys pullin' their usual choke at the end. ...

I <3 OU so much I hope orange PUKES KICK ***......what is wrong with everyone here??....OSU has to be GREAT so OU gets better rankings next year...../sigh am I the only blonde on this board??

Midtowner
1/2/2012, 08:52 PM
I'll pull for OSU here for a couple of reasons, first, I'm an Oklahoman. I support what they're doing at OSU. Not only in athletics (Norman could stand to learn a few things), but in academics. The second reason is for the conference. If OSU wins, it's almost a certainty (maybe it is a certainty) that the Big 12-1-1+1+1 will have had the best bowl season of any conference, not to mention the fact that we were pretty good in head to heads with other conferences. We don't have the glitz of the SEC, but we look pretty good on paper.

Soonerwake
1/2/2012, 08:58 PM

if the average poke fan wasn't an ***, i might be more willing to pull for them

What he said...

Lott's Bandana
1/2/2012, 09:01 PM
I'll pull for OSU here for a couple of reasons, first, I'm an Oklahoman. I support what they're doing at OSU. Not only in athletics (Norman could stand to learn a few things), but in academics. The second reason is for the conference. If OSU wins, it's almost a certainty (maybe it is a certainty) that the Big 12-1-1+1+1 will have had the best bowl season of any conference, not to mention the fact that we were pretty good in head to heads with other conferences. We don't have the glitz of the SEC, but we look pretty good on paper.

Validating all that SEC SEC SEC crap.

The BigXII could win every non-conference and bowl game it ever played and nobody would give a rat's aas.

Additionally, cheering on this conference is cheering for whorn. Inconceivable.

the-rover
1/2/2012, 09:05 PM
I <3 OU so much I hope orange PUKES KICK ***......what is wrong with everyone here??....OSU has to be GREAT so OU gets better rankings next year...../sigh am I the only blonde on this board??

OU has been fine with osewe sucking all these years before now.

Go Cardinal. But, it will not kill me to see the pokes win.

Soonerwake
1/2/2012, 09:08 PM
I understand guys. I thank yall for saying I'm a good Poke though. I really like this board and the great posters on it are what keeps me coming back.

So, what would it take for you to not come back?

Spray
1/2/2012, 09:11 PM
Pulling for your conference is what fans of loser schools do to make them feel better about their ****ty season/program.

That being said... Go Pokes.

Neath a Western Sky
1/2/2012, 09:22 PM
Every OSU fan I dealt with following Sooner losses in BCS championship games was exactly alike. A big grin, telling me how much they loved seeing OU get beat. Screw the Big 12 and the pukes. I'd root for Al Queda if they were playing OSU.

Absolutely, Wishbone. I can't even count the number of reasons we have to root against these Sooner haters. How many OSU fans has anyone on here noticed having "state pride" and rooting for us "whenever we don't play them"...they are one of our biggest recruiting foes...Boone Pickens...they've been laughing at us ever since Bedlam. We need them to win for the computers and conference strength? So we can wind up 12th instead of 14th? Good grief. We fell short this year; if Little Brother gets spanked tonight, it won't erase the disappointment, but it will provide a bit of alternative joy. And more importantly, it may very well mean the difference in winning or losing a couple of key recruits to the Pokes.

Midtowner
1/2/2012, 09:27 PM
Additionally, cheering on this conference is cheering for whorn. Inconceivable.

By not jumping ship, Boren and the Regents have basically decided that whorn's success is our success and their failure is our failure. A strong Texas will help the perception of the Big XII to be more positive. Until then, we're just going to see SEC #1 vs. SEC #2 in the national championship game.

okiegirl
1/2/2012, 09:30 PM
OU has been fine with osewe sucking all these years before now.

Go Cardinal. But, it will not kill me to see the pokes win.
True that, but hasn't OU always carried the BIG 12?? This year is different....so go ugly orange men with your horrid outfits!!

Lott's Bandana
1/2/2012, 10:04 PM
By not jumping ship, Boren and the Regents have basically decided that whorn's success is our success and their failure is our failure. A strong Texas will help the perception of the Big XII to be more positive. Until then, we're just going to see SEC #1 vs. SEC #2 in the national championship game.

There are so many things I hate about this thinking.

**** 'em.

OUster
1/2/2012, 10:12 PM
I'm cheering for the pokes this year and reserve the right to flip-flop in the future. The way I see it, if the pokes lose it's cause they suck, right? What does that say about us after the *** pummeling they gave us? I'd rather have gotten beat by the Big 12 and Fiesta Bowl champs, as opposed to someone that sucks.

SicEmBaylor
1/2/2012, 10:14 PM
I have some sympathetic feelings toward Stanford, but I'm definitely rooting for OSU tonight. The worse night Luck has the better.

SicEmBaylor
1/2/2012, 10:18 PM
SicEm's Football Loyalty Rules:
#1: Baylor over everyone else. Every time. No exceptions.
#2: OU over everyone else.
#3: Any Oklahoma team over everyone else.
#4: Everyone over Texas A&M. Every time. No exceptions
#5: Any Big XII school over everyone else.
#6: Any southern state over every yankee state except when it conflicts with rule #5.

MamaMia
1/2/2012, 10:25 PM
I'm watching the game for fun. I don't really care who wins. I'm just hoping for no more injuries. I always hate to see a kid go down, no matter which team hes on.

sooneron
1/2/2012, 10:25 PM
I don't care either way. The game is fairly interesting once they got started in the 2nd Q. I'll be ok if the aggots win and I'll laugh if they lose. I don't have to live with the stoolwater stepchildren, so it's no skin off my teeth.

MichiganSooner
1/2/2012, 10:39 PM
I am pulling for the Big 12 and the Pokes but sometimes this evening I have said to myself, only the Pokes could screw up like this.

IBleedCrimson
1/2/2012, 10:42 PM
aggie win will help them in recruiting talent that might have gone to OU. This negative far outweighs any benefits of playing in a (as perceived by voters) "strong" conference. Because I kinda like The University of Oklahoma, and aggie win hurts The University of Oklahoma: Go Tree!

StoopTroup
1/2/2012, 10:46 PM
Here's the way to look at it IMO....

If the pokes win tonight they make the Big XII look good and IMO....it's about time. How the hell you can have the same recruiting area that we do and have such a horrible team every damn year is beyond me.

I still think the Cardinals are a better Team and I think they will outscore oSu in the 2nd half.

Boomer Mooner
1/2/2012, 11:23 PM
I've changed my way of thinking over the last couple years. I want a strong Big 12 so I'm going to root for OSU tonight and then take a shower after the game.

In fact, I'm going to strike rule number 1 and adopt the rest of Sicem's "Football Loyalty Rules". To take it a step further, I hope Texas and OSU win every game they play with the exception of OU. If it makes you feel better you can look at it like they are OU's bitches and we need to be the one to ruin it for them.

Having an SEC vs SEC championship game is too ****ing much and I'm sick of it.

3rdgensooner
1/2/2012, 11:34 PM
and I'm sick of it.http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5170/sickofit.gif

MichiganSooner
1/2/2012, 11:39 PM
The way I see it, we Sooner Fans are not like OSU fans. OSU hates OU. They call us uo, Gooners, Land Thieves and the rest. They are mad because we are their biggest rival but they are not our biggest rival. It is easy to cheer for them as a Big 12 team, #1, and a football underdog in the grand scheme of things.
They are not our big rival and therefore, I have no problem pulling for them in this game.
They talk about their program turning around and finally being a national powerhouse. Blackmon and Weeden are gone next year. The athletic village still is a pile of dirt; underneath the new brickwork of their dinky stadium which has never sold out, it is still rustoleum; they are not a long term threat to us.

mdklatt
1/2/2012, 11:48 PM
I will derive no pleasure from an oSu loss other than a brief snicker, but I sure as hell would never root for them because their fans are ****ing ridiculous.

3rdgensooner
1/2/2012, 11:52 PM
Acknowledging that they are not a huge rival does not equal an interest in rooting for them. If they win, well, good for them. But I don't have any interest in being emotionally invested enough to pull for them.

Unless they are playing Texas. Then, fine, go pokes.

Neath a Western Sky
1/3/2012, 12:45 AM
Fitting ending to a sad season. Glad it's over. Slap me if I watch any more college football this year.

Seamus
1/3/2012, 12:52 AM

I figure you're blessed with an IQ in the 130-140 range.

Throw in the rest of the poke fans and the aggregate total comes in about 142.

S00ner4life
1/3/2012, 12:55 AM
Does any understand how the computers work?...we have to have OSU score high now..RIGHT?? I am sick of bowl games, i want champ games, but if Big 12 is weak we do not stand a chance to win champ....when we go to play-offs then yes hate them, but for now, cheer, Cheer, CHEER!!!! Hope they win and win BIG!!... or am i confused, yes i am a blonde...so correct me if i am wrong

Does anyone know how recruiting works? You really want OU to have to fight with Oklahoma State over players that we want? Too many people don't know or don't remember the fact that we almost lost Ryan Broyles to Oklahoma State in 2007. He is from Norman and he committed to the pokes only to de-commit because he thought OU provided him with a better chance to win a championship and go to the NFL. You root against your rivals and other schools for recruiting reasons. It's nothing personal and we don't affect the game one way or the other but if you're a fan of a team that team's best interests need to come first. I root against all of OU's rivals except when we need them to win for BCS reasons. The reason is because I want players to think that Oklahoma is by far the better program between OU, Texas and Oklahoma State.

picasso
1/3/2012, 12:58 AM
Thank you! Eff this cheering for oSu stuff. This will only give the schlub Poke beat writers at the Oklahoman more fuel for their wannabe propaganda.
The best thing for us is that oSu just peaked with a QB that stumbled into Gundy's office one day and will now start it's descent.

MamaMia
1/3/2012, 12:59 AM
Now, if LSU beats Alabama again....

SicEmBaylor
1/3/2012, 01:06 AM
Now, if LSU beats Alabama again....
Roll Tide!

1/3/2012, 01:13 AM
aggie win will help them in recruiting talent that might have gone to OU. This negative far outweighs any benefits of playing in a (as perceived by voters) "strong" conference. Because I kinda like The University of Oklahoma, and aggie win hurts The University of Oklahoma: Go Tree!Any other line of thinking simply defies logic. Recruiting is Paramount.

Post #59 is worth reading again, too, for all you poke rooters.

kenth68
1/3/2012, 06:09 AM
I hoped OSU would win. I like seeing some Oklahoma boys rough up those west coasters. That being said, I still can't believe all the "new" OSU fans I've been seeing. It's like they think it's cool being an OSU fan and wearing orange.

Sooners78
1/3/2012, 10:33 AM
Ya know, wanna pull for the Okie teams..Tulsa, Poke State and OUr Sooners but, for the most part, Pokes only want
to rag on us. So, I guess what goes around comes around....:subdued:

Agree with this. I wanted to cheer for the pokes because I have a lot of friends from there, but when I think about how much they hate everything OU, it's hard to do. Now that they won, I am happy for my poke friends.

PrideMom
1/3/2012, 11:12 AM
I will NEVER root for OSU! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! They have never supported OU's victories, so why all of a sudden should we CARE if OSU is winning?I hope next year will bring them back to reality as to who they really are. No more Weeden and Blackmon, and let's hope the injury bug leaves OU players alone. At least OSU will have to come to Norman, I am sick of the ORANGE!!!

badger
1/3/2012, 11:22 AM

NP has pointed out on numerous occasions that I had jinxed teams by opening my mouth. I had one of those incidents last night:

Right before the end-of-regulation kick: There's no way that he misses this.

Then, NP had a moment of his own:

NP: All they had to do is run the ball, they aren't going to throw it.

Of course, as soon as we speak, wide right for the froshie kicker and OSU completes a touchdown pass... check that, a pass to the half-yard line. :stunned:

I giggled to NP that it would be funny if they had to re-pack all of that champions stuff that they were doling out... and they did.

I really didn't care who won last night. Being orange for a few weeks here has definitely not make me more of a Poke fan :stunned:

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2012, 11:37 AM
NP has pointed out on numerous occasions that I had jinxed teams by opening my mouth. I had one of those incidents last night:

Right before the end-of-regulation kick: There's no way that he misses this.

No worries, Badger - that wasn't you. That was the almighty football god who saw Stanford take their all-world QB off the field and put the game on the shoulders of a scared, freshman kicker. That god had no choice but to smite the heretics. (That was the same god that smote us when we callout timeout when RGIII still had the ball).

GrapevineSooner
1/3/2012, 11:54 AM
I wasn't cheering for OSU last night.

But I wasn't about to cheer for anyone nicknamed the Cardinals or Cardinal anytime soon.

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/3/2012, 12:08 PM
I'm watching the game for fun. I don't really care who wins. I'm just hoping for no more injuries. I always hate to see a kid go down, no matter which team hes on.

I'm with you Mama, I'm indifferent about it. although i wouldn't be too torn up if Weeden broke a hip.. i mean he is old enough... to break a hip. ;)

MrJimBeam
1/3/2012, 12:18 PM
True that, but hasn't OU always carried the BIG 12?? This year is different....so go ugly orange men with your horrid outfits!!This was cute

SoonerSpock
1/4/2012, 10:03 AM
Loving OU is good, but we should break our rules and cheer for the "other" team because the stronger the BIG 12 is the STRONGER we are.... sorry if you are confused but that's how the comp reads it..so you should HOPE the other Okie team wins...as my fiancee said, " If the Big 12 is weak than OU will never play in another champ game...he hates all teams but his, but he wants all 12 teams to win to make his team (ISU) and my team (OU) strong next yr.

If it is good for the pukes it is bad for OU. The last thing we need is for the pukes to have a story to tell that gives more impetus to OU recruits to consider Stoolwater. Lose one additional recruit per recruiting class to the pukes and you have 5 less talented players on the Sooner roster and 5 more talented players on the puke's roster.

If nothing else this season confirmed why you need as much roster depth as possible. Markelle Martin who defected from the Sooners to the pukes would have been a welcomed addition at safety for the Sooners this year. Ditto Brandon Webb, Shaun Lewis and Richetti Jones who are other OU recruits that chose to go to Stoolwater instead of Norman. I know I do not want that number to go up because of puke success.

LBMASTER57
1/5/2012, 10:15 PM
the fact that the puke orange fans get more satisfaction from an OU loss than an oSu win really makes this an easy choice.

1/5/2012, 10:36 PM
the fact that the puke orange fans get more satisfaction from an OU loss than an oSu win really makes this an easy choice.It is fitting that you are Red.....BOOOOMERRRRRRR!

stoopified
1/5/2012, 11:56 PM
Man, I was really hoping that yall would be pulling for us and the Big 12 tonight.No chance in hell...well maybe if you were playing the Taliiban.
.....maybe

BulverdeSooner
1/6/2012, 10:38 AM
Played against both OU and OSU in college baseball.....and (with exception of Cale Gundy's mouth) EASILY more class on OU side by a landslide....I know that doesn't really matter in the football realm.

As regards the oranges or pumpkins or whatever we want to call their fans, I was sick of hearing their drivel growing up in NE OK, haven't heard anything different..thus, do not wish any favor upon them or their absurdly donated-to POS U.

I fear we've got another full year and a half of " hearing it " from them though....We'll see. Too bad that little kicker didn't rip their hearts out..... There's nothing more enjoyable than watching a Poke fan believe, buy-in, get built up, taste victory, then have it snatched away.

oudavid1
1/6/2012, 11:39 AM
I cheer for OSU once a year. Vs texas. That's it.

TUSooner
1/6/2012, 08:23 PM
I'm rootin for the pokes. I don't have to live with them.

Me too. Although I was actually in France on game day.

BUt I used to get the same thing as the OP about living in Louisiana for umpteen years and not rooting for LSU. SCrew it. I don't like LSU and never will. Might as well tell me to change my favorite color or song or food or whatever.

SapulpaSooner
8/19/2012, 01:02 PM
Again I will only be cheering for one Oklahoma football team this year.

BOOMER

MamaMia
8/19/2012, 06:28 PM
Even if an OU win would help their ranking, oSu would never cheer for us. They hate us more than they like themselves. :)

yermom
8/19/2012, 08:21 PM
eff OSU, but i'll pull for TU unless they are playing us

i'm sorta almost an alum.