PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bowl....

rock on sooner
1/2/2012, 06:11 PM
Ain't no D here...what was the over? Calculator type scoring..D'Anthony Thomas can flat out motor!!!:excitement:

CowboyMRW
1/2/2012, 06:12 PM
Is Thomas the kid that Oregon got to flip from USC at the last moment last year?

mdklatt
1/2/2012, 06:18 PM
Stupid. Run a trick FG on 4th and short in the red zone.

rock on sooner
1/2/2012, 06:19 PM
Is Thomas the kid that Oregon got to flip from USC at the last moment last year?

Don't know but he's got James watching from the sidelines.....

badger
1/2/2012, 06:20 PM
Ain't no D here...what was the over? Calculator type scoring..D'Anthony Thomas can flat out motor!!!:excitement:

The vBookie had it at 72. Methinks you all should have taken the over(rated)

rock on sooner
1/2/2012, 06:21 PM
Stupid. Run a trick FG on 4th and short in the red zone.

I'm guessing Bielema is thinking that 3 points..no...touchdown..yes...

Jack T.
1/2/2012, 06:27 PM
I can't stand to listen to him, but I bet Mushburger is throwing a fit about that fumble call, isn't he?

mdklatt
1/2/2012, 06:27 PM
I'm guessing Bielema is thinking that 3 points..no...touchdown..yes...

Huh? Trick field goal means you don't actually kick it. :confused:

LVSOONER15
1/2/2012, 06:29 PM
Go badgers! Hope the quacks lose.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2012, 06:30 PM

Yes - from the probation that came down as I recall.

CowboyMRW
1/2/2012, 06:31 PM
I need Oregon here. This is a very good game to watch. Maybe both teams are trying to Remember the Alamo!!

rock on sooner
1/2/2012, 06:38 PM
Huh? Trick field goal means you don't actually kick it. :confused:
Hoping to unconfuse you....my premise is that Bielema sez only touchdowns, besides, I'm thinking the "tricks" come
later................

SCOUT
1/2/2012, 06:39 PM
I need Oregon here. This is a very good game to watch. Maybe both teams are trying to Remember the Alamo!!
I may be alone here, but I don't like these types of games. Apparently defense is a lost art.

mdklatt
1/2/2012, 06:43 PM
my premise is that Bielema sez only touchdowns

Which is why, in an obvious FG situation, you run a trick play for an easy conversion instead of settling for 3. By showing your hand and going for it with your normal offense you lose the element of surprise. And that wasn't even a good play call for going for it with the normal offense. If Wisconsin of all teams can't plow ahead on 4th and short, come on.

mdklatt
1/2/2012, 06:46 PM
I may be alone here, but I don't like these types of games. Apparently defense is a lost art.

Agreed. The Alamo Bowl was awful. In contrast, look at the Outback bowl. Plenty of offense, but it was mostly due to players making plays rather than the defense looking lost or trying to wrist tackle. Lots of good defensive plays, too.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2012, 06:47 PM
I can't stand to listen to him, but I bet Mushburger is throwing a fit about that fumble call, isn't he?

Nope. He was actually giving credit to the refs for getting it right and completing the review so quickly. I thought from the replay, that even if they ruled it a pass, the ball went backwards about a yard and should have been a free ball regardless.

rock on sooner
1/2/2012, 06:48 PM
Which is why, in an obvious FG situation, you run a trick play for an easy conversion instead of settling for 3. By showing your hand and going for it with your normal offense you lose the element of surprise. And that wasn't even a good play call for going for it with the normal offense. If Wisconsin of all teams can't plow ahead on 4th and short, come on.
I understand what a trick play field is/does/what you think. I agree that it was a lousy play call. Doncha think that Kelly
and his crew would have seen through a trick fake?

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2012, 06:51 PM
This isn't anything like the Alamo bowl - there are some good players on defense out there and there have been some big plays on D. The score is high because Wisky can't quite figure out the option and lacks some speed. Oregon is just overly aggressive on D and risks getting burned. Interesting game...

cccasooner2
1/2/2012, 06:56 PM

Agree, I took a snooze for about an hour. Going to put on a BW James Cagney movie now that I'm sober. See ya. :D

rock on sooner
1/2/2012, 06:57 PM
It's not football but the Wisky band reminds me of the UW Alum band that used to march in the Oktoberfest
in LaCrosse Wisconsin...talk about a barley pop and bratwurst party!!!!!!

101sooner
1/2/2012, 07:02 PM
The Wisconsin band is awesome. Matter of fact, the entire Camp Randall/Band/Music thing is very cool. They just love to sing those old songs and they all get way in to it.

3rdgensooner
1/2/2012, 07:16 PM
Apparently, Granddaddy doesn't play defense.

delhalew
1/2/2012, 07:21 PM
Yes - from the probation that came down as I recall.

I think one of his homies got capped whilst trying not to be a menace to south central while drinking his juice in the hood, and he said "to hell with this. Ima go hang with the hippies in Oregon...yo."

Fraggle145
1/2/2012, 07:27 PM

I think i need to remember the alamo. I was drinking and talking to myself and some poke fan that night.

CowboyMRW
1/2/2012, 07:28 PM
I think i need to remember the alamo. I was drinking and talking to myself and some poke fan that night.

I'm not just any Poke fan lol.

CowboyMRW
1/2/2012, 07:36 PM
I would like to know how year after year does the B1G continue to receive such great treatment when it comes to polls and voting. They play bad football for the most part. Wisconsin is a good team but I would have them around number 8. Michigan State is the only other Big 10 team that deserves any votes. The fact that Michigan is BCS bowling is laughable

CowboyMRW
1/2/2012, 08:06 PM
Great game so far. I had this picked as the 2nd best bowl game this year behind the Fiesta, and it has not disappointed one bit

Sooners78
1/2/2012, 08:08 PM
Wish we could get a back like Montee. He's a beast.

CowboyMRW
1/2/2012, 08:10 PM
Wish we could get a back like Montee. He's a beast.

I think his line has more to do with that than him. He's good but I think it's a product of the system Biliema has installed at Wisconsin

SicEmBaylor
1/2/2012, 08:14 PM
I just tuned in. Mother of God those uniforms are horrible. And the helmets! Bejesus!

Why are their giant plastic plates in front of the helmets? Is this a new safety future or purely for aesthetic purposes for Oregon's tryouts as aliens from Battlestar Galactica after the game?

Sooners78
1/2/2012, 08:16 PM
Agree somewhat, but did you see him run that guy over? There's something I like about power runners.

CowboyMRW
Very important FG coming up

CowboyMRW
Nm. They got it on 4th and 8. Wowzers

Blue
1/2/2012, 08:40 PM
The officials love them some Oregon. What a crap call. He spiked it.

yermom
1/2/2012, 08:40 PM
wow

i guess the coach and QB forgot that the clock starts when the refs sets the ball not when the ball is snapped? seems like the commentators forgot too for a minute

he wound up too much on that spike

CowboyMRW
1/2/2012, 08:41 PM
Man, what a way to lose. I don't like Wisconsin, but I do like Russel Wilson, and feel bad for him

Turd_Ferguson
1/2/2012, 08:42 PM
Chip Kelley licked my balls on a bet back in 85....**** the ducks.

LVSOONER15
1/2/2012, 08:43 PM
Man I hate to see the ducks win like that.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2012, 08:53 PM
What a letdown ending. That clock immediately jumped from 2 to 1 as soon as the ref wound his arm. I think the operator must have started it early. This is where they should have it show tenths of seconds when it gets below 10 seconds. But I do think the center was a bit slow snapping it, sigh.

the-rover
1/2/2012, 09:16 PM
The call was probably correct, but for some reason, I'm not a bit surprised the call went the ducks way.