PDA

View Full Version : Noticed in Coach Stoops last night

Navy2007
12/31/2011, 05:57 PM
For the longest I have waited see what the mighty Coach would do when he is in a bad situation with the way things have gone with the season , players and even coaches. He has always seemed to just be so calm with the headset and let his coaches do there thing. There where many times when I saw him on the headset either doing allot of talking and getting more involved then I have noticed before. Might just be me.It seems like he might be deciding to make changes that sometimes mix things up and looking for the best fit. Don't know if Mike is the answer but, he might be the edge needed to put pressure on others to do there best. The only problem is, if the right team calls brother might leave again.

cleller
12/31/2011, 08:17 PM
If Mike Stoops comes back, he'd have to fight his way past me to leave again.

The resulting lawsuit and publicity after he renders me a quadriplegic would make him untouchable for any other program.

EatLeadCommie
12/31/2011, 08:21 PM
he was just shooting the shiznit with his bro upstairs.

goingoneight
12/31/2011, 09:54 PM
Bob: "Hey, Bobby... put me through to Mike."

IBleedCrimson
12/31/2011, 10:38 PM
If he was more involved, it was mostly through his headset. He wasn't in too many TV timeout huddles, or bumping fists with resting players, or anything.

When the DBs were going nuts trying to get him to call a TO to initiate a review of the dropped interception in the endzone, he was walking the opposite direction and shaking his head. They were going batsh*t, then he turned around and saw it, then calmly walked to the side judge and just barely got the TO in time.

IMO, the house cleaning he initiated is a better indicator of an increase in his inner hellfire than sideline demeanor.

My .02

StoopTroup
12/31/2011, 10:46 PM
When you are Head Coach and Coaching Div 1A Football.....I seriously doubt you are thinking about anything other than Football....especially if you are on TV playing in a Bowl Game.

Did anyone see Mangino?

I was wondering if Mike has been taking him out to see how big he can get him.

http://zohrbak.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/chinese_buffet.jpg

SoonerMom2
12/31/2011, 11:06 PM
It was obvious in the stands that Stoops was very involved in this game. The instant replay was by the booth not a timeout.

Crimsontothecore
1/1/2012, 12:38 AM
For the longest I have waited see what the mighty Coach would do when he is in a bad situation with the way things have gone with the season , players and even coaches. He has always seemed to just be so calm with the headset and let his coaches do there thing. There where many times when I saw him on the headset either doing allot of talking and getting more involved then I have noticed before. Might just be me.It seems like he might be deciding to make changes that sometimes mix things up and looking for the best fit. Don't know if Mike is the answer but, he might be the edge needed to put pressure on others to do there best. The only problem is, if the right team calls brother might leave again.

Stoops didn't act any different than he always does. I have never seen him appear calm or unconcerned on the sideline, not even when his team is routing somebody. If you just saw him talking on the headset for the first time last night then you haven't been paying attention.

IBleedCrimson
1/1/2012, 01:14 AM
Stoops didn't act any different than he always does. I have never seen him appear calm or unconcerned on the sideline, not even when his team is routing somebody. If you just saw him talking on the headset for the first time last night then you haven't been paying attention.

This. I saw absolutely no deviation from the norm Friday night (at least from the stands). He was pacing the sidelines, hands on knees before most plays (staring extra-intently during defensive 3rd downs), occasionally mixing it up in a huddle during a TV timeout.

If you want to measure a change in intensity, base it on the house cleaning, cause his on-the-field presence was consistent with past appearances.

stoopified
1/1/2012, 10:58 AM
Stoops didn't act any different than he always does. I have never seen him appear calm or unconcerned on the sideline, not even when his team is routing somebody. If you just saw him talking on the headset for the first time last night then you haven't been paying attention.True dat

Lott's Bandana
1/1/2012, 11:07 AM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/305/switzerclass.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/switzerclass.jpg/)

VA Sooner
1/1/2012, 05:46 PM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/305/switzerclass.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/switzerclass.jpg/)

Whoa... I've never seen this photo before. Does that help his rage or stave it off?

SoonerorLater
1/1/2012, 06:37 PM
I can't believe how much things have changed. Can you imagine a coach lighting up a cigarette on the sidelines today? You might just as well set a puppy on fire or drop a baby on its head.

StoopTroup
1/1/2012, 06:38 PM
Whoa... I've never seen this photo before. Does that help his rage or stave it off?

It's not a cigarette. :D ;)

LVSOONER15
1/1/2012, 07:03 PM
Toking it up.

ATX Sooner
1/1/2012, 07:33 PM
Barry knows the rules. Puff, puff, give.

hawaii 5-0
1/1/2012, 07:40 PM
Stoops was busy planning his evasive getaway from the Gatorade Ganstas.

Someone up in the booth was covering their tactics and approach.

5-0