PDA

View Full Version : Kick/punt return.

delhalew
12/31/2011, 01:32 PM
Is there a good reason why we can't attempt one without a couple block in the backs...like ever? What would the breakdown be? Maybe 2 out 10 returns are clean enough to stand. Come on guys...you're not helping.

cvsooner
12/31/2011, 02:40 PM
We also had the longest kick return of the season last night. No blocks in the back on that one. And if Clay doesn't trip over the chalk on the 35 he'd have taken that one home. Actually a great night for us on special teams. Tress Way wins my vote for MVP.

Doged
12/31/2011, 02:47 PM
Tress Way definitely had a great night for us.

cleller
12/31/2011, 03:13 PM
Tress Way definitely had a great night for us.

My wife was asking what the big deal about his punt was. I told her to imagine standing at the back of your own endzone, and hitting a punt that would make any punter in the NFL envious.

That was one terrific punt.

delhalew
12/31/2011, 03:44 PM
My wife was asking what the big deal about his punt was. I told her to imagine standing at the back of your own endzone, and hitting a punt that would make any punter in the NFL envious.

That was beautiful.

delhalew
12/31/2011, 03:50 PM
We also had the longest kick return of the season last night. No blocks in the back on that one. And if Clay doesn't trip over the chalk on the 35 he'd have taken that one home. Actually a great night for us on special teams. Tress Way wins my vote for MVP.

Tress was great.

So we finally get a clean run back. That must be one of the imaginary 20% successful attemps, since I'm not going to find a stat on it.

I think a ST coach may help more in that regard, than coaching the kickers, since whoever is handling it now, doesn't seem to be able to get em to throw clean blocks on a return.

cccasooner2
12/31/2011, 04:11 PM

Your wife knows football. :D

budbarrybob
1/1/2012, 08:02 AM
ST were great.