PDA

View Full Version : Finch???

BlownGP
12/31/2011, 11:36 AM
I know he had a few snaps lastnight, but why was Clay getting most of the reps.

Clay had some good runs but he just ran into the Defense(blahh) a lot of time were Finch would have ran around them.. LOl
Just would have liked to see Finch more..

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/31/2011, 11:47 AM
Good question. I wondered that myself.

cccasooner2
12/31/2011, 11:48 AM
I think Finch is now going to transfer. :D

swardboy
12/31/2011, 12:11 PM
Yep, I thought Roy acquitted himself well when he was in.

JLEW1818
12/31/2011, 12:18 PM
it's like the ground is metal and Finch has a magnet on the left side of his head. why does he run like that?

Soonerus
12/31/2011, 12:20 PM
I only got to see the end of the game and I was wondering if Finch was hurt, suspended, what ?

kevpks
12/31/2011, 01:10 PM
He wasn't suspended unless he broke a team rule during the game. My guess would be that he got dinged up but I haven't seen a report.

delhalew
12/31/2011, 01:19 PM
They probably just went for a change of style. Finch took most of the load in the first half...you know, when everybody was bitching about having under a hundred yards of offense.

yermom
12/31/2011, 01:20 PM
i thought Clay looked okay, for the most part

Millard needs the ball more :D

delhalew
12/31/2011, 01:26 PM
i thought Clay looked okay, for the most part

Millard needs the ball more :D

I probably don't disagreed, but how much more. I figure he got 5 or 6 carries, without checking stats.

picasso
12/31/2011, 01:29 PM
He got jawed by Gundy for running out of bounds on a play when he could have fought for the first down. I did notice that.
Brennan runs hard but he got sniped again on that kick return.

yermom
12/31/2011, 01:35 PM
I probably don't disagreed, but how much more. I figure he got 5 or 6 carries, without checking stats.

4, apparently. i just like the idea of him being an actual threat the defense has to plan for when they are in the I, or two back shotgun sets

he doesn't usually even get 4 carries...

delhalew
12/31/2011, 01:51 PM
Hmm. Didn't they throw him the ball a couple times also?

Frozen Sooner
12/31/2011, 02:16 PM
I know there was one play in the fourth quarter he was in, because he was running a flare pattern and nobody on the defense went with him. Unfortunately, Landry didn't see him and threw an incompletion.

cvsooner
12/31/2011, 02:30 PM
Finch finished with 32 yards receiving and six carries for four yards. (Yes, four.) You still wonder why he wasn't carrying the ball more? I think Iowa prepped well for him and for Franks on the reverse. Not so much for Clay, Millard and Bell, who wound up being the runners.

VA Sooner
12/31/2011, 03:24 PM
Millard should have gotten the ball more. For a huge back, he has a great vertical leap and did an amazing jump over the defender in the fourth quarter for the first down.

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2011, 03:29 PM
Millard is an amazing guy, but there is no way he gets a lot of carries unless they relieve him of some of the blocking workload. He is hitting/pushing a defender on almost every play and that doesn't leave much "burst" for carries. I love to see him in a whole series just at tailback.

LostCreekSooner
12/31/2011, 03:49 PM
He got jawed by Gundy for running out of bounds on a play when he could have fought for the first down. I did notice that.

Jawed??? Hahaha. Gundy's head was about to explode. We ended up punting on that series after being less than a yard short. That was sorry effort by the Finchster on that play.

cccasooner2
12/31/2011, 03:58 PM
Jawed??? Hahaha. Gundy's head was about to explode. We ended up punting on that series after being less than a yard short. That was sorry effort by the Finchster on that play.

Drumroll. That was all on Bell, on 3rd and 3 he could only pick up two. :)

JiminyChristmas
12/31/2011, 04:15 PM
Finch just wasn't able to get much going last night.

I thought Clay looked his best all year.

I also have to wonder what would happen if Millard was the TB and got 20 carries per game. I think he could be really good.

Jacie
12/31/2011, 04:21 PM
Finch finished with 32 yards receiving and six carries for four yards. (Yes, four.) You still wonder why he wasn't carrying the ball more?

He had that one loss for yards after Iowa turned the ball over on downs at OUr 9-yard line, so that didn't help his rushing stats . . .

swardboy
12/31/2011, 04:28 PM
Pardon me while I go sit on the porch and daydream of Millard at FB, Clay & Whaley at halfbacks, and Bell at QB....WISHBONE!!!!!

LostCreekSooner
12/31/2011, 05:54 PM
Drumroll. That was all on Bell, on 3rd and 3 he could only pick up two. :)

Would not have been 3rd and 3 if Finch had not run out of bounds without being touched...

BlownGP
12/31/2011, 07:47 PM

I did see that..
Ole well atleast Clay didnt hurt us. He just need more power....

and Millard.. Dont get me started on him. I wish we had 5 of him..LOL He is just all around bad azz..

Zbird
12/31/2011, 08:54 PM
Couldn't agree more. Should be using Finch more. Millard too.

cccasooner2
12/31/2011, 09:02 PM
Would not have been 3rd and 3 if Finch had not run out of bounds without being touched...

Duh, ya think?

Soonerman08
1/1/2012, 02:57 PM
I did see that..
Ole well atleast Clay didnt hurt us. He just need more power....

and Millard.. Dont get me started on him. I wish we had 5 of him..LOL He is just all around bad azz..

Clay needs to learn not to run into a pile of defenders. Perhaps bounce to the outside sometimes?

cleller
1/1/2012, 03:14 PM
Without Ripkowski in there, the whole offense looked off balance.

cherokeebrewer
1/1/2012, 03:22 PM
Without Ripkowski in there, the whole offense looked off balance.
I thought J. Bird did a real good job subbing for Rip...

StoopTroup
1/1/2012, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure what difference it makes. The Season is over and I know we all are hoping Whaley will be back to dominate like he was until the injury at K-State. Sure it will be nice if all these other guys get snaps and such but when Demarco was getting snaps....he was getting most of them. If Dom returns as our Starter next year....I just don't see the significance of this other than like I said earlier this year....Clay was our solid #2 RB and Finch was 3rd. When Whaley and Clay got hurt....we had to rely on Finch.

Roy did a great job this year so I wouldn't want to take anything away from him but it's hard to ignore what cvsooner is saying in post #15 of this thread.

The stats and the replay don't lie and Roy did OK running a screen and picking up passes as the drop off guy but he wasn't running the ball well and it's obvious that Roy was pretty used up after we had to depend on him. Clay seemed to really want to show his stuff and that he was improving. Roy...he's got some work to do if he wants to see snaps next year IMHO.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=313640201

cleller
1/1/2012, 04:36 PM
I thought J. Bird did a real good job subbing for Rip...

I'm sure Bird did a fine job. He did screw up a block when Bell got stuffed on a third down. Bird tried to take a guy out at ground level, the defender was able to reach right over and get Bell. Probably tough to switch from LB to run blocking.

VA Sooner
1/1/2012, 05:37 PM
At 166 pounds, it's hard to see Finch last an entire game as the every down back. Another 20 pounds of muscle and he would lift defenders up and over him with his low center of gravity.

Otherwise, let's get some more bruisers and power runners to keep the stable full. Linebackers are getting faster to the edge to keep up with speed runners.

Maranatha
1/1/2012, 09:57 PM

This^^^

LVSOONER15
1/1/2012, 10:04 PM
Don't we have a couple juco RBs that maybe coming in?

Salt City Sooner
1/1/2012, 10:10 PM
Don't we have a couple juco RBs that maybe coming in?
They're trying to get 1-2 more, but as of right now, Alex Ross is the only RB in this class.

budbarrybob
1/2/2012, 05:59 AM
Millard is my favorite offensive player. Does his job (and damn good at it) and never complains.

LVSOONER15
1/2/2012, 10:28 AM
They're trying to get 1-2 more, but as of right now, Alex Ross is the only RB in this class.

Thanks.

sooners2win
1/2/2012, 02:08 PM
The bad thing about clay is the turf always tackles him

I Am Right
1/2/2012, 03:31 PM
He doesn't want to get injured before he turns pro.