PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry says, "Ban Sriracha Sauce!"

SanJoaquinSooner
12/31/2011, 12:42 AM
"I'm fed up with seeing the directions on every single product on every single shelf of every single store written in four languages," said the man, who didn't give his name.

Perry replied, "That is a statement, that's not a question, and I can agree with it."

http://news.yahoo.com/perry-supports-english-official-language-us-015528582.html

SanJoaquinSooner
12/31/2011, 12:47 AM
But I know how the man feels. The bicycle assembly instructions were written in English, Spanish, and French.

I was livid!

SanJoaquinSooner
12/31/2011, 12:49 AM
Maybe we should levy a tariff on imported products with multilingual instructions.

yermom
12/31/2011, 12:56 AM
White people problems?

SanJoaquinSooner
12/31/2011, 03:12 AM
White people problems?

Nah, Perry's just tryin to gain some Iowa street cred with the cultural conservatives.

yermom
12/31/2011, 03:46 AM
that just seems like a really dumb thing to complain about. we do happen to share a continent with people that speak French and Spanish that aren't immigrants. why have separate packaging for each language? how do you know it wasn't made in the US and getting shipped somewhere else? (ok, i'm sorry, i can't really keep a straight face on that one)

Chuck Bao
12/31/2011, 04:07 AM
Heaven forbid that Americans have to see another language besides English.

My brother was installing some electrical wiring and the wires came with "in" and "out" stickers in four different languages. I was confused at first and asked where these other 6 stickers go. Yeah, my brother could have had fun answering that really dumb question.

diverdog
12/31/2011, 04:13 PM
that just seems like a really dumb thing to complain about. we do happen to share a continent with people that speak French and Spanish that aren't immigrants. why have separate packaging for each language? how do you know it wasn't made in the US and getting shipped somewhere else? (ok, i'm sorry, i can't really keep a straight face on that one)

It is actually being driven by NAFTA. French for Canada and Spanish for Mexico and Further South. I bet Portuguese will be next.