PDA

View Full Version : that was a tear jerker.....

the-rover
12/30/2011, 05:04 PM
Segment on Box at the half of the ISU-Rutgers game.

Lott's Bandana
12/30/2011, 05:09 PM
"The wearing of #12 each week has nothing to do with the game of football."

Very well put.

Wear it well tonight, Mr Jefferson.

EatLeadCommie
12/30/2011, 05:23 PM
yeah. Great piece. His dad reading the letters and finding them at Austin's bedside...well, that pretty much did me in.

En_Fuego
12/30/2011, 05:31 PM
"The wearing of #12 each week has nothing to do with the game of football."

Very well put.

Wear it well tonight, Mr Jefferson.

This in a BIG way. This season didn't have anything to do with who wore the #12 Jersey. But that #12 on Defense was always out there in spirit.

Neath a Western Sky
12/30/2011, 05:40 PM
What network was it on?

I Am Right
12/30/2011, 05:43 PM
Good job ESPN, Jefferson wear it well tonight!!!!

LVSOONER15
12/30/2011, 05:43 PM
I think espn.

VA Sooner
12/30/2011, 06:26 PM
Damn good piece on a great player with incredible spirit.

I feel for the family... huge loss.

En_Fuego
12/30/2011, 06:45 PM
You people have no idea of the power of addiction......God is watching over him.

beegee
12/30/2011, 08:42 PM
Definitely choked me up. For those that missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykM7KuumiLg

wishbonesooner
12/31/2011, 11:08 PM
That was a good piece. I found myself curious why the team dedicated the season to AB, yet played so uninspired many times.

StoopTroup
1/1/2012, 12:05 AM
I think it's kind of awful to insinuate they let Austin down. I think Austin probably wouldn't have wanted them to honor him like they did anyway. I could be wrong but Austin didn't seem like the kind of guy that would want folks to make a big deal over his Death. I think he was more the kind of guy that was OK with other guys shaving a Shark on their Head and cheer-leading inspiration to the Team and the folks in the stands but he would have much rather died on the field than the way he did. Like his Parent's said...."Austin loved everything about being a Sooner".

Maybe what some of you miss is the lack of inspiration that was on the Team when he wasn't there anymore to be an example of a Sooner that played his heart out every down.

Stuff like that sometimes can't be inspired by dying.....it can only be done on the field by a guy like Austin. Maybe the wearing of his number just wasn't enough to replace what we lost? He reminded me of Rocky and Teddy so much. That kind of inspiration just doesn't come sometimes.

Ask UConn. They carried their fallen Brother all year last year only to lose to us in the Fiesta Bowl. I don't think it's right to say they let him down because they lost to us. I don't think it's fair to relate our Team's Losses this year to letting Austin Down either.

I really thought about this a lot too as watching the Bowl Games this Season I have seen a lot of these types of situations. The last one was TAMU. ESPN did a piece on the Father of one of their Linemen who died in a Car Wreck. It was kind of hard to watch. You could tell that Joseph's Father almost felt like he was losing his Son as they prepared to play their last Game of the year. Really a touching moment.

http://blog.chron.com/aggies/2011/12/aggies-lineman-dies-in-car-crash/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2l1E2UjRyo