PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma State is in trouble

Okie35
12/29/2011, 08:49 PM
If this was posted delete it but its an updated story.

SCOTTSDALE, ARIZ.
Oklahoma State still wants to talk with a Perkins, Okla., man who refuses to cooperate with its investigation into whether he provided impermissible extra benefits to Cowboys football players, including star wide receiver Justin Blackmon — a probe that has already has led the university to self-report violations to the NCAA.

Full Story
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Oklahoma-State-Cowboys-self-report-NCAA-violations-in-football-122911

colleyvillesooner
12/29/2011, 08:59 PM
Selling autographs and xboxes and splitting the profits with the players.

Tsk, Tsk Pokes.

birddog
12/29/2011, 09:05 PM
i like to defer everything to other people too. it's much easier.

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 09:06 PM
Perkins, Oklahoma - Poke Capital of the World......lol

http://pics2.city-data.com/city/maps3/cms1430.png

virginiasooner
12/29/2011, 09:07 PM
Oops!

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 09:09 PM
I remember a few Road Games to Cushing back in HS.

I think they wore orange then. I hated that.

sooneredaco
12/29/2011, 09:22 PM
Tip of the iceberg

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 09:23 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/minmaestro/BoonesFarm.png

oufan1
12/29/2011, 09:28 PM
but.. but... they are only gonna do things right up there... this can't be true...

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 09:32 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/820095/Gundy_Get_Down_reverse.gif

CowboyMRW
12/29/2011, 09:33 PM
I highly doubt anything comes of this

StoopTroup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsHBxdCLTMw&feature=fvsr

oufan1
I highly doubt anything comes of this
I think that is what Jim Tressel said...

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 09:35 PM
I really hope nothing comes of this

FIFY :D

BTW....Welcome to the way it really is at the Top of College Football. If you think this is no big deal.....you could be right. However.....if nothing comes of it....it's a real eye opener as they are letting you know right now that next time.....it will be a big deal. Nobody is going to let your players get away with crap like that....especially if you are doing it in Oklahoma.

Tell your Boys to drive down to Dallas for a good time.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ECMo0K1qQmg/TMc3AKla8zI/AAAAAAAABh4/j6Gt71lCN_4/s1600/blackmon.jpg

colleyvillesooner
12/29/2011, 09:41 PM
Heh, a big fat "nothing to see here" and "this guy hates us" from OP.com. It's like they stopped reading after the $5 drink and the 2 x-boxes. Gotta keep reading.

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/thayer-being-a-d-ck-as-usual.136773/

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 09:43 PM
I'd hate to own a Mexican Restaurant in Perkins.

CowboyMRW
12/29/2011, 10:07 PM
If this story gets picked up by someone not named Thayer Evans then I'll start worrying.

cleller
12/29/2011, 10:14 PM
What a bunch of never-beens. Who would want an OSU autograph?

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 10:15 PM
If this story gets picked up by someone not named Thayer Evans then I'll start worrying.

How about Kevin King of KTUL Channel 8 in Tulsa? They are an ABC Affiliate.

A Google search conducted by ktul.com for the name Gannon Mendez turned up an interesting find on Oklahoma State's website. A page indicates that Becky Mendez, who it said was married to Gannon Mendez, served as Oklahoma State's director of women's basketball operations.

Becky Mendez later went on to become an assistant coach at Fresno State.

http://www.ktul.com/story/16414746/report-osu-investigating-possible-extra-benefits-for-football-players

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/29/2011, 10:16 PM
What a bunch of never-beens. Who would want an OSU autograph?YEOWCH!!!

CowboyMRW
12/29/2011, 10:23 PM
What a bunch of never-beens. Who would want an OSU autograph?

I have quite a few OSU ones, but I always wanted a Barry Sanders autograph. I love watching his youtube highlights.

How about Kevin King of KTUL Channel 8 in Tulsa? They are an ABC Affiliate.

http://www.ktul.com/story/16414746/report-osu-investigating-possible-extra-benefits-for-football-players

We'll see, but I meant national news. Believe me, if it had been anyone else, and I mean anyone else, even Sittler, I would maybe be worried. But not this dude lol

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 10:26 PM
I have quite a few OSU ones, but I always wanted a Barry Sanders autograph. I love watching his youtube highlights.

We'll see, but I meant national news. Believe me, if it had been anyone else, and I mean anyone else, even Sittler, I would maybe be worried. But not this dude lol

Sittler is with the Tulsa World and they will more than likely have it in the morning. I'll bet the DOK does too.

If an ABC Affiliate in Oklahoma picks it up right before a BCS Bowl that your Team is playing....I'd expect that ESPN will at least be preparing to ask Coach Gundy some questions pretty soon.

I understand that it's been a long time since Fox Sports has been National News.....lol

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 10:30 PM
Yeah....he's got hardly any credentials.....

Thayer Evans Senior College Football writer Thayer Evans previously wrote for The New York Times and Houston Chronicle, as well as contributed to The Economist, USA Today, The Washington Post and more

sooneredaco
12/29/2011, 10:34 PM
With all the money being poured into that program, this doesn't surprise me one bit. And just out of curiosity, what is it about this guy that makes you say that MRW?

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 10:41 PM
I'm sure Rhett Bomar thought it would all blow over too.....

CowboyMRW
12/29/2011, 10:42 PM
With all the money being poured into that program, this doesn't surprise me one bit. And just out of curiosity, what is it about this guy that makes you say that MRW?

I'm not one to play the media is out to get us card or anything like that, but this guy seems to have an agenda against OSU. I don't know why, it just seems that way. I doubt OSU fans are the only ones to see this. I've talked to some big time OU boosters that I know that are close family friends and they laughed when they found out who wrote the article.

I could be completely wrong and there could be some serious things going down in Stillwater as they say where there's smoke there's fire, but I think that the local media would've picked it up much quicker if this investigation has been ongoing for awhile.

And if this was serious I think that we would hold our players out much like we did with Dez.

sooneredaco
12/29/2011, 10:52 PM
I don't know a thing about the guy. Guess I'll do a little search on him and see what I can find. So I take it this isn't the first time he's dropped some stories on OSU? If it's not, what were the outcomes of the other times? Was he way off base?

AlboSooner
12/29/2011, 10:58 PM
Naw man. only dem gooners do stuff like this.

CowboyMRW
12/29/2011, 11:04 PM
He wrote the the Jamarkus McFarland recruiting story.

He conducted a witch hunt on Cam last year.

He wrote a huge piece about how OSU sucks after the Texas game when we only won by 12 or so. It was an opinion piece that he cited as all facts. He told us our defense sucks and that Gundy is not a good coach. "Under the Gundy" is the article name.

These are the 3 that I remember most off the top of my head

Collier11
12/29/2011, 11:28 PM
and anyone with common sense knows that Cam knew that his daddy was cheatin on his behalf, it just couldnt be proven

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 11:29 PM
It's a one man Conspiracy!

Collier11
12/29/2011, 11:30 PM
Hopefully it isnt true, id hate for osu's GREATEST SEASON EVER to be tainted by cheating :D

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 11:31 PM
I wonder why Evans would have a hard on for oSu? LMAO!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fire-Thayer-Evans/153467788030960

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 11:33 PM
Here's all his Stories....

http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/Thayer_Evans

picasso
12/29/2011, 11:34 PM
Hopefully it isnt true, id hate for osu's GREATEST SEASON EVER to be tainted by cheating :D
Oh where there's a smell there is always taint.

CowboyMRW
12/29/2011, 11:35 PM

An Auburn fan created that page last year when Thayer was on his witch hunt for Cam

CowboyMRW
12/29/2011, 11:35 PM

An Auburn fan created that page last year when Thayer was on his witch hunt for Cam

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 11:36 PM
These Folks are none to happy with Mr. Evans....lol

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=22878.30

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 11:37 PM
Hartley Dykes - The Sequel....lol

oudavid1
12/29/2011, 11:47 PM
I am with Cowboys, I would bet that nothing comes out of this. vBookie bet anyone?

picasso
12/29/2011, 11:59 PM
Sam Mayes made the ridiculous comment last week on the radio lumping oSu in with the OU and Ohio State's of the world of elite college football. Things like this comes with the territory.

Collier11
12/30/2011, 12:02 AM
you also said Ronnell wasnt playing this year :D

oudavid1
12/30/2011, 12:06 AM
you also said Ronnell wasnt playing this year :D

I said he was ruled ineligible and probably wouldnt play. A theme Ronnell enjoys apparently.

picasso
12/30/2011, 12:07 AM
Is David the one who thought Jamelle #4 was from Kansas?

picasso
12/30/2011, 12:08 AM
I said he was ruled ineligible and probably wouldnt play. A theme Ronnell enjoys apparently.
So you're saying you were dead wrong.

sooneredaco
12/30/2011, 09:11 AM
Sam Mayes made the ridiculous comment last week on the radio lumping oSu in with the OU and Ohio State's of the world of elite college football. Things like this comes with the territory.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Even coming from Sam Mayes

Caboose
12/30/2011, 10:25 AM
Well, at least the guy has learned a lesson from USC/NCAA. Just refuse to talk about it.

sooneron
12/30/2011, 10:45 AM
Just curious if the resident poke here called the Ca$h Newton situation a "witch hunt" before Evans wrote any articles that would make him butt hurt.

Cuz calling that a witch hunt, is ridonkulous when EVERYONE knows that whole recruitment was dirty.

picasso
12/30/2011, 10:47 AM
Just curious if the resident poke here called the Ca$h Newton situation a "witch hunt" before Evans wrote any articles that would make him butt hurt.

Cuz calling that a witch hunt, is ridonkulous when EVERYONE knows that whole recruitment was dirty.
Kinda what I was thinking but the poke guy lives in Stillwater you know. His idea of getting out would be going to Guthrie.

Crimsontothecore
12/30/2011, 10:53 AM
He wrote the the Jamarkus McFarland recruiting story.

He conducted a witch hunt on Cam last year.

He wrote a huge piece about how OSU sucks after the Texas game when we only won by 12 or so. It was an opinion piece that he cited as all facts. He told us our defense sucks and that Gundy is not a good coach. "Under the Gundy" is the article name.

These are the 3 that I remember most off the top of my head

So..does it really matter if it's a witch hunt if the allegations are true?

SoonerDood
12/30/2011, 10:54 AM
You don't go from 100 years of sucking at football to great without some funny business being involved.

thecrimsoncrusader
12/30/2011, 11:24 AM
Sam Mayes (whoever that is) obviously doesn't know the difference between a "team" and a "program". It's people like him why I find it unfortunate that stupid people are also entitled to an opinion.

badger
12/30/2011, 11:44 AM
Before any n00bs think I'm a Poke fan... ITS A LOST WAGER :mad:

That being said, I can't understand the mindset of some of these booster types that think it's cool to hang out with college athletes and give them a $100 handshake here and there. If you're a fan of the program, the program is always going to choose NCAA compliance over you, and the end result is the players who you think are your "friends" are going to have to dissociate from you to keep playing college ball (which they will, because you likely only were buddy-buddy with the best ones, and the best ones have future pro ball career prospects to think about).

And... if rules don't matter to you, you're likely also doing some other rule breaking on the side, like, say, a Ponzi scheme, or point shaving, or worse, so athletes are probably leery of associating with you anyway... you're the guy the coaches warned them about in NCAA rule compliance training.

It's like the teen girl magazines always told readers that said they had a crush on the teacher --- don't get into a relationship with them, silly girl. You could cost someone you care about their job, or worse, get them in trouble with the law for having a relationship with an underage kid. And, it's just weird, man.

70sooner
12/30/2011, 01:11 PM
Sam Mayes (whoever that is) obviously doesn't know the difference between a "team" and a "program". It's people like him why I find it unfortunate that stupid people are also entitled to an opinion.

OSWho ex-footballer and huge Aggie homer on the Animal.....as bad as the round mound, Blobert Allen....

thecrimsoncrusader
12/30/2011, 01:20 PM
He told us our defense sucks and that Gundy is not a good coach.

Mike Gundy is an excellent football coach and that was the case before this season ever started. With that said, Oklahoma St.'s defense does in fact suck and the numbers bare that out. And if you want to try to point to the outcome of the OU/OSU game regarding defense, a single game, against a team that struggled to put up 26 points the week before against Iowa St., that would really be showing your ignorance.

oumartin
12/30/2011, 02:09 PM
I kid you not. I got this from somebody inside the program that Gundy was going to suspendBlackmon and four others while some type investigation went on involving Improper benefits but t boone threatened Gundy with his job if he did

OKLA21FAN
12/30/2011, 02:13 PM
I kid you not. I got this from somebody inside the program that Gundy was going to suspendBlackmon and four others while some type investigation went on involving Improper benefits but t boone threatened Gundy with his job if he didYou were at 31 flavors last night too? I heard it is pretty serious.....

oumartin
12/30/2011, 02:15 PM
You were at 31 flavors last night too? I heard it is pretty serious.....

No I got it from an osu grad and booster. He told me while bagging my groceries

CowboyMRW
12/30/2011, 02:46 PM

It's a witch hunt when you go as far as he did with it. Like I said, something could come of this and it would sadden me greatly, but knowing Evans wrote this article, I take it with a grain of salt.

And Auburn and Cam were clean according to the NCAA.

OU-HSV
12/30/2011, 03:19 PM
He shoots.....he scores

badger
12/30/2011, 03:53 PM
I kid you not. I got this from somebody inside the program that Gundy was going to suspendBlackmon and four others while some type investigation went on involving Improper benefits but t boone threatened Gundy with his job if he did

The school superintendent's son once spat on a younger kid at basketball practice and the coach (who was also an elementary school teacher in the district) was so furious that he told him he wasn't going to play in the next day's game. Son told superintendent dad, who then told coach to play his son. The coach resigned immediately after the season, resigned from his teaching position and took a job in a different district that summer.

So long as Gundy is at OSU, he is beholden to Boone and so is everyone else in Stilly. Might as well get used to it. [hairGel]

En_Fuego
12/30/2011, 04:33 PM
I've been cheating way before Rashaun Woods showed up[hairGel]

Neath a Western Sky
12/30/2011, 04:45 PM
Tip of the iceberg

Really? Just hoping or do you have some evidence?

Landthief 1972
12/30/2011, 04:48 PM
And Auburn and Cam were clean according to the NCAA.

This statement doesn't really help your argument. :P

SoonerLaw09
12/30/2011, 05:06 PM
THIS AIN'T TRUE!!!!!!!! [hairGel]

cleller
12/30/2011, 05:16 PM
Um, did someone forget? Boone calls the shots at OSU, not Gundy, Holder, or whats-iz-name (school president)

badger
12/30/2011, 05:26 PM
Um, did someone forget? Boone calls the shots at OSU, not Gundy, Holder, or whats-iz-name (school president)

Burns Hargis. I only know that because he's done some stuff with Uncle Dave, usually milking the legislators for more state funding, heh

En_Fuego
12/30/2011, 05:33 PM
I've been cheating way before Rashaun Woods showed up[hairGel]

I've been cheating ever since Lester took a shower with me, by God. And Boone didn't like Lester like he likes me..[hairGel]

budbarrybob
12/30/2011, 05:52 PM
I'll just wait for the abridged version in late April-May. Otherwise, I'd only be getting my hopes up for the unrighteous hammer of the NCAA to befall upon the heads of the aggies.

oudavid1
12/30/2011, 06:46 PM
So you're saying you were dead wrong.

Nope. He was ruled ineligible. He did play. 50%.

Soonerwake
12/30/2011, 08:10 PM
Gannon Mendez is a POS. Trust me on that one....

OU_Sooners75
12/30/2011, 08:27 PM
I have quite a few OSU ones, but I always wanted a Barry Sanders autograph. I love watching his youtube highlights. We'll see, but I meant national news. Believe me, if it had been anyone else, and I mean anyone else, even Sittler, I would maybe be worried. But not this dude lol I remember a lot of usc fans say the same thing about yahoo! sports when they first broke the reggie bush fiasco. they were saying that it wasnt a big name nedia outlet so they dismissed it at first. how did that turn out?then there was the texas aggie site talking about the rhett bomar issue before the national media took ahold of it. where there is smoke there usually is fire too.

picasso
12/30/2011, 08:35 PM
Nope. He was ruled ineligible. He did play. 50%.
Seriously brah? You said it last August? He played more than 50%.

Good work though.

StoopTroup
12/30/2011, 09:14 PM

Once a year you post something funny. Way to get it in before NYE.

LMAO

OU-HSV
12/30/2011, 09:33 PM
Once a year you post something funny. Way to get it in before NYE.

LMAO
Oh...well here I go again, the fun just doesn't stop.
He shoots.....he scores. Haha

OU-HSV
12/30/2011, 09:34 PM
Better yet, and boom goes the dynamite

StoopTroup
12/30/2011, 10:13 PM
lol

kenth68
12/31/2011, 12:54 AM
Wait wait wait... so they got xboxes for playing in the Alamo Bowl? What a racket.

Sooner_Tuf
12/31/2011, 02:16 AM
This situation is much worse than most are acknowledging. Think about this for a minute, even in the very best case scenario when the dust settles they will still be Oklahoma State. That fact alone is the same as the death penalty.

soonerboomer93
12/31/2011, 04:21 AM
and anyone with common sense knows that Cam knew that his daddy was cheatin on his behalf, it just couldnt be proven

qft

oudavid1
12/31/2011, 06:18 PM
Seriously brah? You said it last August? He played more than 50%.

Good work though.

No I meant 50% right. Which is != dead wrong.