PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else catch wind of Ferentz's comments?

soonerboy_odanorth
12/29/2011, 02:12 PM
He’s been asked to comment on rumors that one unidentified player was sent home for disciplinary reasons, that another unidentified player was hospitalized for dehydration and that true freshman running back Mika’il McCall left the team.

Ferentz has refused to comment on any of the rumors, but Iowa athletics director Gary Barta confirmed Wednesday that a player had been sent home. However, Barta also refused to identify the player.

“I prefer as a coach to focus on who is here, who is playing, who is getting ready,” Ferentz said Wednesday when asked if he was frustrated with the media coverage. “That’s the way I’m built mentally. I don’t see that changing. That’s how it is coaching.”

What has changed is the world in which Ferentz works. There was no Twitter or Facebook when Ferentz replaced Hayden Fry as the Iowa coach in 1999 and the Internet message boards were in their infancy.

“Everything is so scrutinized now, I think we’re getting close to being ridiculous,” Ferentz said. “I understand that’s the world with all the media outlets now and what have you. It is silly talk and silly questions.”

Ferentz made his feelings obvious Monday when he was asked to comment on the rumors. He refused to confirm anything and he also asked reporters if they were aware that he had passed gas during practice. Ferentz then said he would try to muster one up if they didn’t get it on the microphone.

Ferentz was asked Wednesday if he regretted saying what he said Monday.

“What happened Monday” Ferentz asked.

A reporter then reminded Ferentz that he made a remark about a bodily function.

“It is very likely I did,” Ferentz said. “I can’t remember exactly if I did or not. I don’t know if you guys caught wind of that. It’s possible.”

Heh. Well played sir, well played.

Ton Loc
12/29/2011, 02:16 PM
His other comments and problems aside - I love it when people screw with the media.

Also - fart jokes are always funny.

badger
12/29/2011, 02:18 PM
His other comments and problems aside - I love it when people screw with the media.

I dont like it as much, because that's how rumors and crap get started which can hurt teams, recruiting, etc.

Breadburner
12/29/2011, 02:18 PM
**** those microphone holding faggots.....

SoonerTerry
12/29/2011, 02:35 PM
That’s how it is coaching.”

This is a higher level english than I understand

Ton Loc
12/29/2011, 04:03 PM
I dont like it as much, because that's how rumors and crap get started which can hurt teams, recruiting, etc.

I really just meant the fart joke part. Not so much the dehydrated player part.

Dio
12/29/2011, 04:06 PM

Also - fart jokes are always funny.

Huh-huh...you said "fart"

NormanPride
12/29/2011, 04:38 PM
lol farts

SoonerLaw09
12/29/2011, 04:44 PM
I broke wind when I read this.

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 05:08 PM
They had Microphones prior to 1999.

Soonerjeepman
12/29/2011, 05:13 PM
now that is funny....I love his candid response...good for him.

I do believe that these coaches get paid a lot of $$ and need to answer some tough questions now and then..but some these questions are just stupid..

oh, and women fart about 13 times a day and men 12...on avg...just sayin...

soonerboy_odanorth
12/29/2011, 05:21 PM
Finally... I'm in the upper quartile...

VA Sooner
12/29/2011, 05:29 PM
Gotta love his style though. Damn, Kirk... that was funny. I'm sure he said it all with a sardonic smile like he usually does.

Definitely well-played, Sir.:D

Flagstaffsooner
12/29/2011, 05:34 PM

But ours are louder!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/29/2011, 05:50 PM

I do believe that these coaches get paid a lot of $$ and need to answer some tough questions now and then..but some these questions are just stupid..

Women don't fart. They "fluffy".

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/29/2011, 05:57 PM
**** those microphone holding *aggots.....So many of them are very obnoxious and destructive, aren't they?

BigDeezy
12/29/2011, 06:00 PM
Kicker Tress Way was quoted as saying so far he hasn't had any problem with the wind in Phoenix, and that "there wasn't any." Does that make this bulletin board material?

stoopified
12/29/2011, 06:02 PM
Women don't fart. They "fluffy".You obviously haven't met my wife,she kets rip and can curl paint off the wall.

sooneredaco
12/29/2011, 06:45 PM
I laughed so hard I thought I farted... Well I thought it was a fart, but it was a turtle head! :eek:

bluedogok
12/29/2011, 09:42 PM
Barney Frank agrees.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73CzXJsIatk

BigTip
12/29/2011, 10:40 PM
I thought what he said was a gas, man. Seriously, I like it when coaches let it rip like that. It might not cut the mustard with a lot of you, but you can't argue that it does cut the cheese.

Sooner70
12/30/2011, 12:22 AM
Sounds like both Insight coaches share mutual feelings regarding the media.

sooner518
12/30/2011, 01:04 AM
I like the part about the farts

SoonerLaw09
12/30/2011, 05:09 PM

Hey! At least I'm in the top 10% of *something*!

SoonerLaw09
12/30/2011, 05:11 PM
I find that letting one rip in a staff meeting that has gone on too long has it's advantages...

soonerboomer93
12/31/2011, 04:04 AM
Sounds like he's on the path for becoming an old fart

Peach Fuzz
12/31/2011, 09:10 AM

that's soo hot! Mmmm damn girl