PDA

View Full Version : McNamare commits!

LVSOONER15
12/28/2011, 11:42 PM
@tmcnamara88: Its official, #boomer I'm a #sooner!

LVSOONER15
12/28/2011, 11:43 PM
Sorry put an e at the end of his last name. Damn iPad.

BoulderSooner79
12/28/2011, 11:46 PM
Sorry put an e at the end of his last name. Damn iPad.

No worries when you bring good news!
:D

soonerboy_odanorth
12/29/2011, 12:23 AM
Unfortunately he'll have to wait until January 3 to inform the coaching staff since we are in a recruiting dead period. *ahem*

toast
12/29/2011, 12:40 AM
Unfortunately he'll have to wait until January 3 to inform the coaching staff since we are in a recruiting dead period. *ahem*

I thought recruits can initiate contact at any time.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/29/2011, 12:46 AM
Who be he?

soonerboy_odanorth
12/29/2011, 12:49 AM
Don't believe so. Only exception I could find:

(5) December 19, 2011, through January 3, 2012, - Dead Period [except for (a) below]:
(a) Institutional staff members may have contact with a prospective student-athlete who has been admitted for midyear enrollment, provided the prospect has signed a National Letter of Intent or other offer of admission and/or financial aid to attend the institution and is required to be on campus to attend institutional orientation sessions for all students - Contact Period

soonerboy_odanorth
12/29/2011, 12:50 AM
Who be he?

#1 or #2 HS TE prospect in nation depending on service ranking him.

12/29/2011, 12:52 AM
#1 or #2 HS TE prospect in nation depending on service ranking him.KTHNX!

bssooner1
12/29/2011, 01:36 AM
Reading this rivals article on this kid. Sounds like a great get. Couldn't help but wonder if this means Mike Stoops may be back. He has ties to recruiting at Zona and it makes sense Mike may have played a role in our getting him.

VA Sooner
12/29/2011, 02:13 AM
Awesome... new tight end for 2012. Replenishing the depleted ranks with talent.

oumartin
12/29/2011, 07:24 AM
So, he's gonna end up being an offensive tackle? ;)

delhalew
12/29/2011, 07:46 AM
Awesome... new tight end for 2012. Replenishing the depleted ranks with talent.

That makes2 or 3 TE recruits we've landed right?.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/29/2011, 09:24 AM
That makes2 or 3 TE recruits we've landed right?.

Actually could be four if Terrell Mitchell gets his grades in order at Ft Scott CC... he visited in November and I believe was offered but has classes yet to take to qualify.

Laith Harlow HS out of FL
Taylor McNamara HS out of CA
Brannon Green JUCO Ft Scott CC (already signed and should enroll Spring semester)

Tear Down This Wall
12/29/2011, 09:35 AM
Now...let's the throw the ball to them.

rock on sooner
12/29/2011, 09:57 AM
Now...let's the throw the ball to them.

Nah, let's put bulk on 'em and work 'em into the O line......

Neath a Western Sky
12/29/2011, 11:16 AM
Reading this rivals article on this kid. Sounds like a great get. Couldn't help but wonder if this means Mike Stoops may be back. He has ties to recruiting at Zona and it makes sense Mike may have played a role in our getting him.

Good point, bs. Rivals had both McNamara and stud DE Kyle Kelley, who also visited Norman during that big recent recruiting weekend, verbally committed to Zona last summer; Kelley is still listed as such. So...two top West Coast recruits who verbaled to Arizona before Mike left...both had great visits to Norman...one has already switched to us, the other hopefully soon will. Hmmm...

IronHorseSooner
12/29/2011, 11:22 AM
Good point, bs. Rivals had both McNamara and stud DE Kyle Kelley, who also visited Norman during that big recent recruiting weekend, verbally committed to Zona last summer; Kelley is still listed as such. So...two top West Coast recruits who verbaled to Arizona before Mike left...both had great visits to Norman...one has already switched to us, the other hopefully soon will. Hmmm...

My thoughts exactly. Plus, McNamara is my wife's maiden name. He's already her fave!

Phil
12/29/2011, 11:41 AM
I'm certain that Mike Stoops had no involvement in our getting this recruit, since it would be against NCAA rules and all, since he's not on the coaching staff.

Breadburner
12/29/2011, 11:44 AM
Its funny what people will say to make themselves think MS is coming back......

BoulderSooner79
12/29/2011, 12:03 PM
Its funny what people will say to make themselves think MS is coming back......

I agree. I'd love to see Mike back if he can help the program. But if he is dead set on being a head coach, he will be a short timer here.

Widescreen
12/29/2011, 12:37 PM
My last name's McNamara. I've always wanted to hear "OU scores! Touchdown McNamara!"

sooneredaco
12/29/2011, 01:40 PM
Did I hear Mike Stoops is back? Sweet!!!!!:D

12/29/2011, 01:53 PM
Maybe he's an unpaid, but official, volunteer?

12/29/2011, 01:55 PM
The Sooners will be known as "McNamara's Band" henceforth.

BoomerJ
12/29/2011, 01:56 PM
My last name's McNamara. I've always wanted to hear "OU scores! Touchdown McNamara!"

I always thought your last name was Widescreen.

Widescreen
12/29/2011, 02:34 PM
I always thought your last name was Widescreen.
No, that's my first name.

KantoSooner
12/29/2011, 03:40 PM
The possibilities are endless!

McNamara hits 'em like a load of napalm!

McNamara calls in the heavy bomb!

Mess with McNamara and you'll be left a smoking ruin!

apologies to those too young to remember bombin' Bobby and the whiz kids.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/29/2011, 04:13 PM
The possibilities are endless!

McNamara hits 'em like a load of napalm!

McNamara calls in the heavy bomb!

Mess with McNamara and you'll be left a smoking ruin!

apologies to those too young to remember bombin' Bobby and the whiz kids.

...and Nixon wept...

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 04:22 PM
I'm certain that Mike Stoops had no involvement in our getting this recruit, since it would be against NCAA rules and all, since he's not on the coaching staff.

You've ruined all his Dreams. Now he can't go back to Rivals and tell them how he called it right after Christmas. :D ;)

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 04:54 PM
I love the Instant Super Stardom that takes place from all the recruiting talk. Some folks already saying the Coaching staff will just ruin him by making him bulk up and play a position he doesn't want to play....Others blowing him all up because Rivals says he's a great recruit. I know Rivals has made changes in how they operate since this occurred....

http://eye-on-recruiting.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26895818/28365572

I just think a good number of folks go there and think they really are getting Insider Information. Most posters used to understand that it's really better to go watch some games and make up your own damn mind about whether a kid is as good as Rivals thinks he is. Matter of fact....IMHO....I think some of these kids get ruined just because they get mentioned as a Rivals Top Prospect. I'll continue to wait until I see him play in the Red / White Game and if he's a top contributor as a Freshman midway through the Season.....then Rivals can have all the credit they want. Until then....be careful what you read. I see more of these kids become "MEH" Players than the SuperStars many of you believe later weren't use properly by our Coaching Staff. I of course will continue to watch you do this BS year end and year out as there is no telling some folks that they got ripped off by subscribing to Rivals. Just because you paid for an experts opinion regarding a High School Athlete doesn't mean they are correct in assessing talent and it definitely doesn't mean that your opinion is correct because you were fooled into buying a bottle of snake oil to cure all your fears that your Team will be a National Champion next year because they recruited a huge number of Rivals Top Prospects.

12/29/2011, 05:07 PM
I love the Instant Super Stardom that takes place from all the recruiting talk. Some folks already saying the Coaching staff will just ruin him by making him bulk up and play a position he doesn't want to play....Others blowing him all up because Rivals says he's a great recruit. I know Rivals has made changes in how they operate since this occurred....

http://eye-on-recruiting.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26895818/28365572

I just think a good number of folks go there and think they really are getting Insider Information. Most posters used to understand that it's really better to go watch some games and make up your own damn mind about whether a kid is as good as Rivals thinks he is. Matter of fact....IMHO....I think some of these kids get ruined just because they get mentioned as a Rivals Top Prospect. I'll continue to wait until I see him play in the Red / White Game and if he's a top contributor as a Freshman midway through the Season.....then Rivals can have all the credit they want. Until then....be careful what you read. I see more of these kids become "MEH" Players than the SuperStars many of you believe later weren't use properly by our Coaching Staff. I of course will continue to watch you do this BS year end and year out as there is no telling some folks that they got ripped off by subscribing to Rivals. Just because you paid for an experts opinion regarding a High School Athlete doesn't mean they are correct in assessing talent and it definitely doesn't mean that your opinion is correct because you were fooled into buying a bottle of snake oil to cure all your fears that your Team will be a National Champion next year because they recruited a huge number of Rivals Top Prospects.FWIW Recruit rankings, and lots of other info is free on Rivals & Scout.

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks for again telling me something I already know.

VA Sooner
12/29/2011, 05:22 PM
Actually could be four if Terrell Mitchell gets his grades in order at Ft Scott CC... he visited in November and I believe was offered but has classes yet to take to qualify.

Laith Harlow HS out of FL
Taylor McNamara HS out of CA
Brannon Green JUCO Ft Scott CC (already signed and should enroll Spring semester)

Run a three tight end set every so often... blockers at first and release... then get the ball to the open man. Could be a whole new twist to the offensive playbook.... like the Belldozer this year.

VA Sooner
12/29/2011, 05:26 PM

Damn... read this excerpt and got all excited... that warm fuzzy feeling of a solid hit on a down-hill runner thinking he shot the gap but then Calmus breaks off his blocker and snuffs the runner out.

These are a few of my favorite things...

12/29/2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks for again telling me something I already know.You trying to get put back on iggy again?

MyT Oklahoma
12/29/2011, 07:49 PM
#1 or #2 HS TE prospect in nation depending on service ranking him.

God Bless America. Is this a great country or what?

StoopTroup
12/29/2011, 08:15 PM
You trying to get put back on iggy again?

If only you would just do it.