PDA

View Full Version : Go back to 12!

Vegas Sooner
12/28/2011, 08:12 PM
This is a joke.

-Cal and TX
-Only 1 big12 Team in BCS (Kansas State or Michigan/VT? ...really?)
-...not much else, but it looks like we are getting the "OLD" pac-10 treatment.

Sooner5030
12/28/2011, 08:14 PM
short term benefit (divide TV rev by 10 vs 12) won over the long term. Not sure what these suits were thinking....especially with so many good programs available.

Soonerfan88
12/28/2011, 09:13 PM
The number of teams in the conference had nothing to do with KState not getting a BCS bid. Even with 12 teams, KState wouldn't have been picked simply because of old biases and name recognition. Michigan fans will flock to NO but I would take the traveling farmers of the Little Apple over VT fans any year for a BCS game.

And what does 10 teams vs. 12 have to do with Cal-Tx?

That said, I would like also prefer 12 but only if they are a quality addition.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/29/2011, 12:43 AM
especially with so many good programs available.

I count two that would add any meaningful interest to the Big XII: BYU and Notre Dame.

rekamrettuB
12/29/2011, 10:09 AM
This is a joke.

-Cal and TX
-Only 1 big12 Team in BCS (Kansas State or Michigan/VT? ...really?)
-...not much else, but it looks like we are getting the "OLD" pac-10 treatment.

10 teams being in the Big XII had nothing to do with that and people need to quit thinking it did. Had OU been in KState's ranked position at year end with 2 losses, Big XII would have two teams in it. Hell look at it this way, had there been a conference championship, Ok State beats KState and then KState falls out of BCS consideration. Still only 1 team left.

Now I'm not defending the Big XII because I hope it no longer exists after a few years. I was one wanting to jump to the Pac-X,XII,XIV,XVI. I agree that this conference is pretty week. Good for us tho is OU carries a lot of weight. It sucks, we lost 1 great program, 2 decently respected programs, and 1 with a decent history. Seriously, the Pac X doesn't look any better now than it did with 10 so who would Big XII get to make it appear better/tougher? When Utah and Colorado jumped I didn't say "holy ****...the Pac XII is the tits now!"