PDA

View Full Version : Military Bowl

reddfoxx
12/28/2011, 07:21 PM
Very competitive game being absolutely ruined by Pam Ward. She's an absolute train wreck with her complete lack of football knowledge and raspy voice that only her girlfriend could tolerate.

Good news for 2012, she's been demoted to ESPNU. Hopefully they give her the Alabama A&M-Grambling games.

LVSOONER15
12/28/2011, 07:27 PM
That's exactly what think. She is horrible, just get rid of her totally.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/28/2011, 07:52 PM
I don't mind a female announcer... If they sound like a female instead of well, a MAN... or a woman undergoing testosterone treatments. (BTW, I truly do not care about their sexual orientation, and don't have any idea, and am not commenting on that before anyone goes there.) Pam Ward and Beth Mowins both fall into this "manvoice" category.

What they do is very difficult to be sure. PBP takes a special talent....I sure as hell couldn't do it. But the mere tone of their voices takes away from all of that.

Couldn't ESPN give someone like Michelle Beadle (co-host of SportsNation with Colin Cowherd) a shot at PBP? Maybe there is no interest there. Read a commentary that women broadcasters in sports tend to want anchor or sideline gigs and that very few even want to give PBP a try.

BoulderSooner79
12/28/2011, 08:04 PM
I actually think Pam is pretty good at PBP - but her voice is distracting. Unfortunate, but genetics do play a role in many job qualifications -- and I'm talking voice here, not gender.

bluedogok
12/28/2011, 10:32 PM
I was listening to it on the radio on the way home from work, Pam Ward (and Craig James if he wasn't playing politics at the moment) would've been an upgrade.

BoulderSooner79
12/28/2011, 11:12 PM
I was listening to it on the radio on the way home from work, Pam Ward (and Craig James if he wasn't playing politics at the moment) would've been an upgrade.

Wow! That was some bad announcer you got stuck with!

LASooner
12/29/2011, 04:58 AM
At least Dan Hawkins is bat **** crazy, I have to admit that made it somewhat entertaining to listen to. He was screaming at the ref ESPN hires to talk about instant replays.

He may go full Busey in a few years, that could be fun.