PDA

View Full Version : Texas is gonna extend Mack's contract

badger
12/27/2011, 06:59 PM
Link (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7392158/report-texas-longhorns-plan-extend-coach-mack-brown-contract)

Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds plans to extend coach Mack Brown's contract with the Longhorns in the near future, the Austin American-Statesman reported on Monday.

The 14-year-coach, subject of Internet rumors that he would retire or be forced out after a 7-5 season, has a $5.2 million-per-yer deal with the Longhorns until 2016. Dodds says he wants to bind the legendary coach for an undetermined number of years.

Enjoy seasons that involve the number "5" and the number "7" Texas :D

And Holiday Bowls. Maybe San Diego will pickup the Longhorn Network since you visit there so often :mack:

olevetonahill
12/27/2011, 07:11 PM
And Mrs Mack is so Happy
http://penis-enlargement-pills-and-device.com/Extenze/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/What-Does-Extenze-Do.jpg

Keller Sooner
12/27/2011, 07:11 PM
I'd like to see at least a 10 year extension. :excitement:

sooneredaco
12/27/2011, 07:41 PM
This makes me want to clap clap!!!!

LVSOONER15
12/27/2011, 07:52 PM
Clap, clap, clap, clap!!!!

olevetonahill
12/27/2011, 08:08 PM
http://nerdapproved.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/clap.jpg?cb5e28

Herr Scholz
12/27/2011, 08:15 PM
Recent national championship. You guys?

This was just a response to the lies/negative recruiting.

LostCreekSooner
12/27/2011, 08:18 PM

Good one Scholzee. You really told us!

AlboSooner
12/27/2011, 08:24 PM

2005 is not recent.

Us recent Big 12 Champs. You guys?

Btw this is good news for sooner fans.

Herr Scholz
12/27/2011, 08:59 PM
2005 is not recent.

It's in the past decade. You?

Herr Scholz
12/27/2011, 09:01 PM
Us recent Big 12 Champs. You guys?

2009 is recent and that includes the last national title game appearance between us as well.

AlboSooner
12/27/2011, 09:15 PM
Now your statement is dying the death of a thousand qualifications.

stoopified
12/27/2011, 10:09 PM

This was just a response to the lies/negative recruiting.13 straight winning records and 7 conference titles- you guys?

Did I forget to mention 55 points in the most recent RRR? - You guys?

Jacie
12/27/2011, 10:13 PM
13 straight winning records and 7 conference titles- you guys?

Did I forget to mention 55 points in the most recent RRR? - You guys?

Are you kidding? Under Mack Brown, sa*et has gone 14 seasons with at least 5 wins/year. How many programs can claim that? Huh?

toast
12/27/2011, 10:26 PM
What do you expect? They did make a bowl game this year.

SoonerDood
12/27/2011, 11:18 PM
5-7 season. Wholesale changes in coaches, philosophy, and personnel. Result? Two miracles away from going 5-7 again.

oudavid1
12/28/2011, 12:12 AM
Mack is a good coach at a great school. Bob is a great coach at a good school. 5 million dollar Mack is a good investment. If Texas got a younger more known coach, we would be in recruiting trouble. With Mack at texas, and Bob Stoops at OU, OU is 8-4, this is good for us.

picasso
12/28/2011, 01:07 AM
2009 is recent and that includes the last national title game appearance between us as well.
We would be asking for Stoops head after a season like you had in '10. Don't be silly.

rainiersooner
12/28/2011, 04:01 AM
excellent

yermom
12/28/2011, 05:54 AM
i'd much rather Texas get impatient with him and kick him to the curb. preferably after a big contract extension :D

yermom
12/28/2011, 06:11 AM
Mack is a good coach at a great school. Bob is a great coach at a good school. 5 million dollar Mack is a good investment. If Texas got a younger more known coach, we would be in recruiting trouble. With Mack at texas, and Bob Stoops at OU, OU is 8-4, this is good for us.

i'm guessing you left out '99 for the 5th loss, and OU is a "good" school vs. Texas as a "great" school? pfft.

who is younger and more well-known that could recruit better? at this point the knock on him is apparently that he's not going to coach much longer.

Mack at one point had 4/5 on us. it's hard for me to say that i'm glad he's still there.

thecrimsoncrusader
12/28/2011, 07:25 AM
Mack at one point had 4/5 on us. it's hard for me to say that i'm glad he's still there.

2 of those 4 came in the 2005 and 2009 seasons when a few other teams also beat Oklahoma also. Does that matter? Why yes, yes it does.

OULenexaman
12/28/2011, 08:03 AM
Dodds says he wants to bind the legendary coach.....................legendary??? Really???

Augusta_Sooner
12/28/2011, 08:25 AM

Texas = Recent losing record. OU? Not so much.
STFU loser!
You think recruits don't know that Texas is basically a .500 team over the last 2 seasons with 2 straight losses to OU? How did it feel when OU bitch slapped the Bonghorns on nat'l TV? If you're happy with Mack Brown's extension, just think how OU fans feel about it......I wish Texas would sign that chump to a lifetime contract.

Boomer.....
12/28/2011, 09:25 AM
http://www.nihilismandcupcakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Celebrate.gif

rekamrettuB
12/28/2011, 09:39 AM

Really? Texas could pretty much hire whomever they want and really stick it to OU. Mack is not that great of a coach. He's a decent recruiter and his legacy as this incredible recruiter has a lot to do with capturing the Texas market and most of those kids would go to Texas anyway.

badger
12/28/2011, 10:02 AM
I have a feeling that the decision to keep :mack: is as much about his ability to get recruits (at, admittedly, a school you really don't have to sell recruits on) as his ability to milk donors for money (at, admittedly, a school you really don't have to sell donors on giving money to).

As much as there's probably thousands of aspiring football coaches that watch and love Hook em football, the ones whorn really cares about are the ones with money... and they probably love :mack: because he's a nice guy, he's personable and he might even call to thank them for their latest million dollar check. I don't see the big money whorns as the ones that really analyze the X's and O's, or even care about the difference between this Holiday Bowl-bound season and previous ones. Who cares if they're only 7-5? They're back in the Holiday Bowl!

So... I think :mack: is staying for them, not because Hook em thinks that :mack: will ever win the title again, national or Big 12.

picasso
12/28/2011, 10:11 AM
http://www.nihilismandcupcakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Celebrate.gif
Hah!

yermom
12/28/2011, 11:16 AM
Really? Texas could pretty much hire whomever they want and really stick it to OU. Mack is not that great of a coach. He's a decent recruiter and his legacy as this incredible recruiter has a lot to do with capturing the Texas market and most of those kids would go to Texas anyway.

it's a crap shoot. who would they get that is assuredly better out there? Meyer? Saban? Pete Carroll? Belichick?

how was Texas before he got there?

delhalew
12/28/2011, 11:36 AM
I'm perfectly fine with facing a clappy coached Texas team for as long as they'll have him.

rekamrettuB
12/28/2011, 11:37 AM
it's a crap shoot. who would they get that is assuredly better out there? Meyer? Saban? Pete Carroll? Belichick?

how was Texas before he got there?
Chizik comes to mind. There's a lot of younger coaches that could be better but Texas would want a "big name" cause they're Texas.

And to the question of 'how was Texas before', those times have changed. He did what he needed to do to build the thing up to where the U of T should be with all its resources. It's one of, if not the, best job out there when factoring in money, facilities, recruiting base.

KantoSooner
12/28/2011, 11:39 AM
The whole Mack = Legend, Mack = 'Dean of Coaches', Mack = 'The gold standard' stuff is bewildering.

UT could be head coached by SpongeBob Squarepants and land respectable recruiting classes each and every year for at least a decade or so. Probably after that as well. The state of Texas is that deep in recruits, Austin is Austin and Texas is a big name.

With careful scheduling, Texas could blow off practice entirely and still win 3-4 games a season just picking an offense and defense immediately pre-game. They've got athletes that good and pick OOC opponents who are that bad.

Mack is a good coach and appears not to sleep with his players or their mothers/wives/girlfriends/male relations etc. He seems to care about his players, except for the real dickweeds amongst them.

I would have cheered had OU hired Mack during the dead time between The King and Bob. He is better than anyone we had then.

But top flight coach? Legend? Not so really.

budbarrybob
12/28/2011, 03:41 PM
Good fer them!

yermom
12/28/2011, 03:55 PM
Chizik comes to mind. There's a lot of younger coaches that could be better but Texas would want a "big name" cause they're Texas.

And to the question of 'how was Texas before', those times have changed. He did what he needed to do to build the thing up to where the U of T should be with all its resources. It's one of, if not the, best job out there when factoring in money, facilities, recruiting base.

the same Chizik that has lost at least 5 games the seasons without the top paid player in recent memory?

we'll see how he looks in 10 more years

rekamrettuB
12/28/2011, 04:01 PM
the same Chizik that has lost at least 5 games the seasons without the top paid player in recent memory?

we'll see how he looks in 10 more years
He gets a whole lot of them at Texas. I want Mack to stay right where he is because I feel there's better "coaches" out there that will recruit just as well from how they produce on the field with those same players.

SoonerTerry
12/28/2011, 04:11 PM
Mack is an average coach at a big money school. Bob is a great coach at a great school with unparalleled football greatness.

FIFY

fwsooner22
12/28/2011, 07:06 PM
Herr....living in the past...that makes me smile...he has lectured all of us for that....too dang funny....I freely admit we stunk it up and if we don't have a clean season soon we need changes.....** goes 5-7 and 7-5 and re-ups their coach.....you can't make this stuff up.....Too good

sendbaht
12/28/2011, 07:42 PM
PERFECT!!!! Keep Mack as long as you wish.....fun to watch his face while they lose....come on California....

oudavid1
12/29/2011, 12:01 AM
i'm guessing you left out '99 for the 5th loss, and OU is a "good" school vs. Texas as a "great" school? pfft.

who is younger and more well-known that could recruit better? at this point the knock on him is apparently that he's not going to coach much longer.

Texas is a better school at everything except football really. Austin is a way better town. Yet we still out play them on the football field. They get the recruits, they just are not very good at winning(the staff I mean). Vince Young and Colt McCoy won them games, they have only 2 qbs who have beaten OU in 12 years. OU has had 5 beat them.

BoulderSooner79
12/29/2011, 12:18 AM
Texas is a better school at everything except football really. Austin is a way better town. Yet we still out play them on the football field. They get the recruits, they just are not very good at winning(the staff I mean). Vince Young and Colt McCoy won them games, they have only 2 qbs who have beaten OU in 12 years. OU has had 5 beat them.

3.. 2.. 1.. DUCK!!!

stoopified
12/29/2011, 06:05 PM
BTW anyone know where in Austin we send the thank-you card ?

Sooner_Tuf
12/29/2011, 06:14 PM

If you're gay. Oh...wait....carry on.

oudavid1
12/29/2011, 07:18 PM

Good comeback, I mean, If you're gay.....oh wait.

bluedogok
12/29/2011, 09:48 PM
Dallas and Houston have much larger gay populations, they also have "gayborhoods" which Austin really doesn't. OKC has more of a gayborhood than Austin does.

oudavid1
12/29/2011, 11:42 PM
Dallas and Houston have much larger gay populations, they also have "gayborhoods" which Austin really doesn't. OKC has more of a gayborhood than Austin does.

I was just pointing out that Austin was a more fun place to live than Norman. He just dosnt like me or my post. Doubt he actually cares about homosexuals. I dont, I was just mimicking his comment.

sooneredaco
12/30/2011, 09:28 AM
Wait.... So.. Mack is gay?

rekamrettuB
12/30/2011, 09:59 AM
Hell Norman has Gaylords.