PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to hear something funny...

IronHorseSooner
12/27/2011, 01:06 PM
My wife spent Christmas at home, and I spent my Christmas with my ex-wife (along with my son) and my family in Ottawa County (Miami and Fairland). My family likes my ex over my wife, and they are REALLY pushing me.

Jacie
12/27/2011, 01:15 PM
You must be the most interesting man in the world. It sounds like you are about to have a dos equis . . .

Turd_Ferguson
12/27/2011, 01:18 PM
Sounds to me like you have an enlarged labia...

Breadburner
12/27/2011, 01:39 PM
I dont know if its him but I bet someone does....!!

3rdgensooner
12/27/2011, 02:05 PM
What's funny?

IronHorseSooner
12/27/2011, 02:39 PM
Sounds to me like you have an enlarged labia...

not really...

badger
12/27/2011, 02:39 PM
Parents and grandparents are probably continually told to not play favorites... but you parents and grandparents out there with multiple children and grandchildren can probably attest that it is impossible.

Take for example badger and NP. Badger married the sweetest, most awesome bachelor in the world several years ago, then found a job within a hour's drive of badger's parents which led to badger moving within an hour of her parents, and both are stably employed, and seem to be hard working and successful (meh)

It isn't just the fact that NP is such an ideal son-in-law or grandson-in-law... it started back in college when I was taking all of these exotic (not really) trips to bowl games and the Final Four/NCAA tourney/etc because I happened to play trumpet. So, they're talking tons and showing off dorky band uniform pics to everyone including the local paper while badger is trying to burrow into the ground and hide like a real badger.

As the younger sibling (and not just any younger sibling, but a girl too), I worry about any potential for perceived favoritism.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/27/2011, 02:53 PM
What's funny?

There's romantic comedy material there (except for the Ottawa County part), but the writers would need to know how it's supposed to end.

IronHorseSooner
12/27/2011, 03:05 PM
There's romantic comedy material there (except for the Ottawa County part), but the writers would need to know how it's supposed to end.

I don't know how its supposed to end...but a good bit of it did also happen in Tulsa...

olevetonahill
12/27/2011, 03:11 PM
Sounds like you about to go full circle bro
Good luck

Wishboned
12/27/2011, 04:18 PM
It's been my experience that if you want to play in traffic try not to get hit by the same truck twice.

olevetonahill
12/27/2011, 04:57 PM
It's been my experience that if you want to play in traffic try not to get hit by the same truck twice.

Yup.One of me Exes said " I know you want me back" I told her Ya know that ****s wrong cause YOU KNOW I dont eat off Buffets :tiger:

AlboSooner
12/27/2011, 09:10 PM
Looks like neither woman is at fault here. But there is fault.

CrimsonKel
12/27/2011, 09:48 PM
Parents and grandparents are probably continually told to not play favorites... but you parents and grandparents out there with multiple children and grandchildren can probably attest that it is impossible.

Take for example badger and NP. Badger married the sweetest, most awesome bachelor in the world several years ago, then found a job within a hour's drive of badger's parents which led to badger moving within an hour of her parents, and both are stably employed, and seem to be hard working and successful (meh)

It isn't just the fact that NP is such an ideal son-in-law or grandson-in-law... it started back in college when I was taking all of these exotic (not really) trips to bowl games and the Final Four/NCAA tourney/etc because I happened to play trumpet. So, they're talking tons and showing off dorky band uniform pics to everyone including the local paper while badger is trying to burrow into the ground and hide like a real badger.

As the younger sibling (and not just any younger sibling, but a girl too), I worry about any potential for perceived favoritism.

CrimsonKel gathers that Badger's older Brother receives less favor from his and Badger's Parents and Grandparents. Does Badger get a sense that Badger's older Brother senses this relative lack of favor and resents it?

CrimsonKel read an article in Time Magazine a few months ago that explained that most parents do have a favorite and its only human and they really can't help it. Its normal. CrimsonKel, upon reading the article, though to himself "that explains so much".

SanJoaquinSooner
12/28/2011, 12:04 PM
I don't know how its supposed to end...but a good bit of it did also happen in Tulsa...

Ok, if this were a movie, who should play your wife, your ex-wife, and yourself?

badger
12/28/2011, 12:12 PM
CrimsonKel read an article in Time Magazine a few months ago that explained that most parents do have a favorite and its only human and they really can't help it. Its normal. CrimsonKel, upon reading the article, though to himself "that explains so much".

pretty much... family will always choose favorites, even if they try not to. That is not to say that badger is the family's favorite. Badger is the family brat that everyone expected to be the rotten apple black sheep of the family that would be lucky to get through school, let alone college. NP is the family favorite... and really, can you blame the family for loving NP? He's awesome :D

OULenexaman
12/28/2011, 12:16 PM
When does this Jerry Springer episode air??

Peach Fuzz
12/28/2011, 12:34 PM
This thread is lame. Man up and get them together.

Breadburner
12/28/2011, 12:46 PM
Do they read the board....??

proud gonzo
12/28/2011, 03:31 PM
Something is very strange and wrong about that arrangement.

picasso
12/28/2011, 09:05 PM
Ah yes, ex wives, girlfriends... We recall all of the good things about them whilst easily tossing aside the things we truly hated about them.

Hence the ex thing.

Scott D
12/28/2011, 09:58 PM
I don't even talk to ex's, I can't understand how anyone is willing to be anywhere near them.

Breadburner
12/29/2011, 09:16 AM
Sometimes you love em for the same reasons you hate them......

SoonerTerry
12/29/2011, 09:40 AM
If ya put bad milk back in the fridge then go back for it later..... ITS STILL BAD!!!!

Run like hell you idiot!

NormanPride
12/29/2011, 10:55 AM
PIITB?

SoonerTerry
12/29/2011, 11:02 AM
PIITB?

WIN!!

and TTIWWP

picasso
12/29/2011, 11:47 AM
If ya put bad milk back in the fridge then go back for it later..... ITS STILL BAD!!!!

Run like hell you idiot!
heh!

Breadburner
12/29/2011, 11:54 AM
PIITB?

How has that worked out for you.....haha.....Badger....???

SoonerLaw09
12/29/2011, 02:33 PM

Badger is busy burying NP's body right now...

SoonerTerry
12/29/2011, 02:38 PM
PIITB?

*ima cleanin my monitor now*

spek

proud gonzo
12/30/2011, 01:22 AM
I don't even talk to ex's, I can't understand how anyone is willing to be anywhere near them.

no kidding.

Peach Fuzz
12/30/2011, 05:21 AM
so you've never hooked up with an ex? were they ugly and you finally noticed?

Tulsa_Fireman
12/30/2011, 02:45 PM
Menage a'hit dat.

badger
12/30/2011, 03:08 PM

I buried him after Christmas when he didn't buy me a pony. Fortunately, he never logs himself out and we've posted as each other for so long that you can't really tell the difference between us, so none of you suspect a thing.

Well... shoot, guess I have to bury all of you now.

KantoSooner
12/30/2011, 03:44 PM
Sometimes a little time with the ex is very therapeutic. The three days of my daughter's graduation were sufficient to confirm in my mind that the finest, most rational decision of my life was getting 6,000 miles away from that crazy woman.
good mother, solid citizen. Bat **** crazy.
Glad she doesn't carry my credit cards anymore, too.

SoonerLaw09
12/30/2011, 04:51 PM
I buried him after Christmas when he didn't buy me a pony. Fortunately, he never logs himself out and we've posted as each other for so long that you can't really tell the difference between us, so none of you suspect a thing.

Well... shoot, guess I have to bury all of you now.

Fear.

badger
12/30/2011, 05:36 PM
Fear.

Also, since the real mods foolishly granted me vModador status, I am not saying that I can modify posts as I see fit... or just sign in as any one of you to make the rest of you think they're still alive... but I'm not not saying it either.

Now... what was I not saying again????

proud gonzo
12/30/2011, 05:48 PM
so you've never hooked up with an ex? were they ugly and you finally noticed? Never have, never will. There are many reasons why they're called exes.

My husband would never even THINK of wanting to spend even a second (let alone Christmas) with his ex. And even if he did, there's no way in hell I'd allow it.

Like I said, a dude spending Christmas with his family and his ex while his wife stays home? Something VERY wrong about that situation, all the way around.

SoonerTerry
12/30/2011, 06:41 PM
so you've never hooked up with an ex? were they ugly and you finally noticed?

Just didn't notice the horns before.

Peach Fuzz
12/30/2011, 07:35 PM
Geez I'm not saying get back together with them, just sex. I understand if you're married, but why not if you're single.

soonerhubs
12/30/2011, 09:09 PM
Never have, never will. There are many reasons why they're called exes.

My husband would never even THINK of wanting to spend even a second (let alone Christmas) with his ex. And even if he did, there's no way in hell I'd allow it.

Like I said, a dude spending Christmas with his family and his ex while his wife stays home? Something VERY wrong about that situation, all the way around.

Agreed. Besides, this feels awfully fictional or exaggerated.

StoopTroup
12/30/2011, 09:26 PM
Never have, never will. There are many reasons why they're called exes.

Keep that attitude up and you and Operaman will be happily married until you die.

Good Jorb Darlin'