PDA

View Full Version : So What If I'm Hammered.. I think when Led Zeppelin made Physical Graffiti,

delhalew
12/24/2011, 01:31 AM
all subsequent attempts at playing rock and roll music were rendered redundant, but I enjoy it just the same, so please continue.

BigTip
12/24/2011, 11:03 AM
I think that Led Zeppelin's music will stand up to the test of time like Bach and Beethoven's. Their albums stay on the top 100 sales charts. Kid's wear Led Zeppelin tee shirts. I think it's amazing.

Jimmy Page is a visionary genius.

Lott's Bandana
12/24/2011, 11:04 AM
I agree with every word penned in this thread to date.

SoonerTerry
12/24/2011, 01:53 PM
^This

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/25/2011, 12:31 PM
You actumally think Physical Graffitti is better than II and/or IV ?

Mississippi Sooner
12/25/2011, 01:22 PM
"I'm trying to get this airplane on."

delhalew
12/25/2011, 01:49 PM
You actumally think Physical Graffitti is better than II and/or IV ?

I consider it a culmination of sorts, perhaps even a zenith. Plus I hate the song "Going to California" or whatever. Fact is, I quit listening to IV a long time ago. Sacrilege prolly, but whatever.

FirstandGoal
12/25/2011, 02:08 PM
So glad The Boy (my 18yo son for those who don't know) can appreciate good music. So many kids in his generation listen to craptastic wannabe musicians who have better hair than talent.

hawaii 5-0
12/25/2011, 02:16 PM
Tho I love Zep, I gotta inform you that they didn't invent the blues.

5-0

delhalew
12/25/2011, 03:08 PM

5-0

Nor did they invent Rock and Roll, but they set a high water mark.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/25/2011, 06:16 PM
I consider it a culmination of sorts, perhaps even a zenith. Plus I hate the song "Going to California" or whatever. Fact is, I quit listening to IV a long time ago. Sacrilege prolly, but whatever.We must all remember, music is VERY subjective. I remember when Physical Graffitti came out, I thought that the Zep had tried too hard on that one, and it didn't have the genius of II and IV, which I still think are their 2 best albums. JMHO.

delhalew
12/25/2011, 08:51 PM
We must all remember, music is VERY subjective. I remember when Physical Graffitti came out, I thought that the Zep had tried too hard on that one, and it didn't have the genius of II and IV, which I still think are their 2 best albums. JMHO.

That's the great thing about music. I always seem to be the odd bird. Kashmir is my least favorite song on PG...so take from that what you will.

cleller
12/26/2011, 07:40 PM
"I'm trying to get this airplane on."

"Nah, leave it."

This record does knock down and drag out some good stuff.

oudavid1
12/27/2011, 02:34 AM
I think that Led Zeppelin's music will stand up to the test of time like Bach and Beethoven's. Their albums stay on the top 100 sales charts. Kid's wear Led Zeppelin tee shirts. I think it's amazing.

Jimmy Page is a visionary genius.

Im 19, it hasnt been that long since I've walked in the moonlight.

BigTip
12/27/2011, 09:40 AM

5-0

That's like saying Picasso didn't invent paint.

Or Bradford didn't invent the forward pass, to make it more Soonerfan related. lol

So of course, you are right. They brought the blues to an entirely new audience. As well as melding it with rock and roll.

Like I said before....genius.

Midtowner
12/27/2011, 10:10 AM
They're pretty good, but really no moreso than Pink Floyd (before Roger Waters left) or the Beatles. They all made their contributions to the art. I don't think I've ever heard an album as a whole be done as well as Dark Side of the Moon/The Wall, etc.

It's hard to imagine that any current artists will ever rise to that level of being memorable. We certainly haven't had anything comparable in the 80's/90's/00's. What original artists do we have today? Taylor Swift?

GDC
12/27/2011, 03:54 PM
It's hard to imagine that any current artists will ever rise to that level of being memorable.

Rush

Midtowner
12/27/2011, 04:42 PM
Rush

I think of them as in the same boat with the aforementioned. Yes, they've been doing lots of recent work, but they are kind of a dinosaur act.

--kind of like the recentish Floyd Stuff. Division Bell an others were complete turds compared to their earlier work.

delhalew
12/27/2011, 05:55 PM
How does Rush enter into EVERY conversation? Blows. My. Mind.

SoonerLaw09
12/29/2011, 02:38 PM
How does Rush enter into EVERY conversation? Blows. My. Mind.

Watch "Beyond the Lighted Stage" for your answer.

CobraKai
12/30/2011, 05:22 PM
That's the great thing about music. I always seem to be the odd bird. Kashmir is my least favorite song on PG...so take from that what you will.

Me too. In my time of dying is one of my all time favorite Zeppelin tunes. I still prefer II to any other Zeppelin album though.

proud gonzo
12/30/2011, 05:50 PM
What's more overrated than Led Zeppelin? Rush.

Lott's Bandana
12/30/2011, 05:59 PM

Peej, I'm going to pretend you didn't write that.

Step away from the keyboard...

GDC
12/30/2011, 11:51 PM

The good scholar and gentleman who owns this website would like a word with you...