PDA

View Full Version : So, how many new poke fans do you know?

kenth68
12/23/2011, 02:05 PM
Around here, there's a whole lot of orange running around that wasn't there before. I'm happy for them, now that we're past the Bedlam game. I even hope they stomp all over Stanford. But let's not go overboard. You won't see a whole new orange wardrobe in my closet.

Lott's Bandana
12/23/2011, 02:19 PM
I've seen a lot of brand spankin new ball caps.

Doesn't bother me really, it all goes back in the closet soon.

badger
12/23/2011, 02:19 PM
Don't count me... I'm changing my avvie et al the first moment I'm allowed :mad:

My little section of Tulsa definitely has more OSU crap in their front yards than before and there has been an increase in the amount of Posse stickers around vehicles the past few years.

I think this could be attributed to winning, but also the fact that OSU is milking the hell outta its fanbase to spend money and be engaged with their sports programs now.

oumartin
12/23/2011, 02:25 PM
They lost to Iowa State. Nuff said

badger
12/23/2011, 02:31 PM
They lost to Iowa State. Nuff said

Bammer: Our missed field goal was against a better opponent!
Boise: :mad:
Pokes: :mad:

sooneredaco
12/23/2011, 02:33 PM
Wouldn't doubt that there are a lot of new sheep humping fans. With that being said, there are a lot of dumb people in this world

olevetonahill
12/23/2011, 02:35 PM
Dont know any new ones
Dont know any old ones either
I dont associate with any of em .

Taxman71
12/23/2011, 02:38 PM
The aggies in my office are suddenly enamored with aggie art....Big 12 championship type stuff to hang on the wall. I am trying hard to keep my snide comments to myself, although I repeatedly get confused looks when I ask if each is a "one of a kind".

gwydion
12/23/2011, 02:50 PM
The aggies in my office are suddenly enamored with aggie art....Big 12 championship type stuff to hang on the wall. I am trying hard to keep my snide comments to myself, although I repeatedly get confused looks when I ask if each is a "one of a kind".

That's funny.

goingoneight
12/23/2011, 03:20 PM
A lot of my drivers and dock guys are buying up the aggy garb. But, they did the same thing with Tejas shat circa 2005/6.

I asked a cleanup guy was running his mouth when he went to OSU... since OSU fans are obviously students, alumni or proud family of and nothing else is admitted into Walmart's orange rack.

usaosooner
12/23/2011, 03:52 PM
not really in my stomping grounds

TheUnnamedSooner
12/23/2011, 04:27 PM
I remember the same thing happening IN NORMAN in 2000. About the time we beat Nebraska and then KSU, all of a sudden people were wearing red, and car flags were everwhere. Before you hardly didn't see that much OU stuff, even in Norman.

CowboyMRW
12/23/2011, 05:38 PM
Well I did get a new cousin in this world not too long ago so I know of that 1. Gotta teach them right when they're young :D

olevetonahill
12/23/2011, 06:12 PM
Well I did get a new cousin in this world not too long ago so I know of that 1. Gotta teach them right when they're young :D
So ya gonna Raise it as a Sooner huh?

MichiganSooner
12/23/2011, 07:44 PM
Brand new clothes worn in public including church. Church?? Brand new flags outside homes. Even see some car flags. But the majority are still wearing OU crimson and cream. At the high school games, the past few years there have been people wearing orange in the stands. Sooner fans wear the high school colors like a true fan of the town's team as I rarely see OU clothes at the high school games.

I Am Right
12/23/2011, 07:50 PM
Plainview is full of em

yermom
12/23/2011, 08:38 PM
i haven't really run into new ones, they just aren't as ashamed anymore

i only wish i could see the band making fun of them at half time :D

oudivesherpa
12/23/2011, 09:39 PM
I live in Houston and at the Gym, I go to I had never seen any poke gear. Now, I see them every day. But it easy to get 'em confused with Texas sweats or that someone just
threw up on their gear.

Soonerfan88
12/24/2011, 01:28 AM
Bandwagon fans aren't surprising, even expected. Only reason Pokes deserve such a hard time about it is all that 't-shirt OU fans' and 'our fans are all alums & family so we're better' crap that so many of them have spewed for years. Luckily, I don't have to deal with them here in Mizz but the new SEC! SEC! SEC! fans are starting to crawl out from under rocks. :miserable:

sooneredaco
12/24/2011, 02:20 AM
Luckily, I don't have to deal with them here in Mizz but the new SEC! SEC! SEC! fans are starting to crawl out from under rocks. :miserable:

Hate to say it, but that's almost worse

budbarrybob
12/24/2011, 06:20 AM
Most OSU fans I know or have ran into have been cordial about their success. They could be smug but they haven't been. Of course, it could be that I'm such a nice guy that they feel bad about rubbing it in...

OU-HSV
12/24/2011, 07:13 PM
Don't count me... I'm changing my avvie et al the first moment I'm allowed :mad:

My little section of Tulsa definitely has more OSU crap in their front yards than before and there has been an increase in the amount of Posse stickers around vehicles the past few years.

I think this could be attributed to winning, but also the fact that OSU is milking the hell outta its fanbase to spend money and be engaged with their sports programs now.
Yeah I've noticed the Target stores and I think Walmarts around, well they've put up a lot of racks of osu Fiesta Bowl shirts. It's a disturbing sight. Kind of caught me off guard and made me want to gouge my eyes out, but I convinced myself an eye gouging wouldn't have been worth it. Sad times when the pokes get a fiesta bowl and we get the insight, geeze.

101sooner
12/24/2011, 07:52 PM
Yeah I've noticed the Target stores and I think Walmarts around, well they've put up a lot of racks of osu Fiesta Bowl shirts. It's a disturbing sight. Kind of caught me off guard and made me want to gouge my eyes out, but I convinced myself an eye gouging wouldn't have been worth it. Sad times when the pokes get a fiesta bowl and we get the insight, geeze.

I went in to the West side Walmart in Lawton a few days ago. Exact same observations and reactions.

OU-HSV
12/25/2011, 08:21 AM
I went in to the West side Walmart in Lawton a few days ago. Exact same observations and reactions.
Yeah it was strange, I didn't have football on my mind, I was trying to finish up my shopping for my wife and others...and then Smack! The bright orange rack of shirts was right there in front of me. I nearly blew chunks.

Flagstaffsooner
12/25/2011, 08:27 AM
http://nelson.beckman.illinois.edu/courses/neuroethol/models/cockroach_escape/roaches.gif

lexred
12/25/2011, 09:19 AM
Not many, but the "old" Pokes are going nuts. "Big 12 Championship" posters, give me a break. Tomorrow I get to spend the family "Christmas" with an Aggie daughter and Aggie daughter-in-law. The DIL is a very knowledgeable and loyal fan, but my daughter is more of the "fair weather type". I might be forced to bludgeon my own child!!!!!!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/25/2011, 11:39 AM
http://nelson.beckman.illinois.edu/courses/neuroethol/models/cockroach_escape/roaches.gifThey are coming here to PHX after the OU fans clear out. Guess I will have to buy a Stanford tree to wear around town.

goingoneight
12/25/2011, 01:45 PM
I just tell them that their trophy is nice. We like all 40-some odd of ours.