PDA

View Full Version : Ya can Unstick the Prayer thread Our Brother Passed away

olevetonahill
12/23/2011, 12:31 PM
at 903 Mountain time this morning

Bob his Brother said he went peaceful Him and Bills sister were there holding his hand

Ima gonna Cry for awhile then Im gonna remember all the Great times we had :miserable:

badger
12/23/2011, 12:34 PM
:(

olevetonahill
12/23/2011, 12:35 PM
Im so thankful we got to spend the weekend at a Game and Tail Gate together

SanJoaquinSooner
12/23/2011, 12:35 PM
Sad day in Soonerville.

Breadburner
12/23/2011, 12:37 PM
I'm sorry vet...Who was it that passed....

3rdgensooner
12/23/2011, 12:41 PM
How sad

olevetonahill
12/23/2011, 12:44 PM
I'm sorry vet...Who was it that passed....

AlbqSooner

soonerhubs
12/23/2011, 12:46 PM
This breaks my heart. One of the nicest posters with whom I ever interacted.

Prayers to his family and friends. :(

Lott's Bandana
12/23/2011, 02:06 PM
Just a really sad day.

Thanks for letting us know, Vet.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/23/2011, 02:19 PM
AlbqSoonerOh I hate that. He always sent me happy birthday messages even when I didn't post here much.

8timechamps
12/23/2011, 02:41 PM
Didn't know AlbqSooner personally, but know he was a valued member of the boards. Very sad news, and I know he isn't in pain now. Prayers for friends and family (including you Vet).

olevetonahill
12/23/2011, 02:49 PM
Didn't know AlbqSooner personally, but know he was a valued member of the boards. Very sad news, and I know he isn't in pain now. Prayers for friends and family (including you Vet).
Thanks bro
Him an I had grown very close over the years
He had spent the weekend at the shack several times

Gonna Miss talkin to him

Scott D
12/23/2011, 03:08 PM
Terrible news, Bill was one of the few honest and level headed men out there. He will definitely be missed.

yermom
12/23/2011, 03:18 PM
Damn.

He wasn't very old, was he? What happened?

olevetonahill
12/23/2011, 03:33 PM
Damn.

He wasn't very old, was he? What happened?

He just turned 63
He was supposed to have had Colon surgery last spring , But he had had an Arterial transplant in his Leg and when he went in for the Colon surgery his Leg went haywire , Had to fight to save his leg so that surgery was put off

He went in on the 12th for the Colon surgery, Had that the 13th, was responding well Last Sat when I talked to him , then Tuesday Nite he was going down hill they had to go back in .. Left him open because they didnt want to take a chance on having to open him up again
He died from complications

yermom
12/23/2011, 04:11 PM
he was older than i thought, i guess.

still, this sucks. at least he had family with him :(

Midtowner
12/23/2011, 04:20 PM
My condolences.

Peach Fuzz
12/23/2011, 04:27 PM
T's n P's. I remember lurking back in 04/05 and loving his stories about anything he wanted to talk about. Very sad.

reflector
12/23/2011, 04:38 PM
Sorry for your loss.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/23/2011, 05:00 PM
Just unreal.. A great guy with a lot of
great stories.. A great heart for giving and become friends instantly the first time we met..the messages, phone calls, the shirts he gave us...

I'm gonna go find a quiet place for a while..

olevetonahill
12/23/2011, 06:01 PM
great stories.. A great heart for giving and become friends instantly the first time we met..the messages, phone calls, the shirts he gave us...

Thats what I did Bro
Put on my latest Ho-Down shirt and went for a drive

Blue
12/23/2011, 06:21 PM
I always enjoyed his comments on religion threads and discussing that in pms. He didn't judge folks and he knew where he was going. RIP AlbqSooner.

I Am Right
12/23/2011, 07:48 PM
Sorry, griefs a stone cold bitch

dwarthog
12/23/2011, 08:01 PM
R.I.P.

CrimsonJim
12/23/2011, 10:08 PM

Thats what I did Bro
Put on my latest Ho-Down shirt and went for a drive

Same here. I had to have some alone time today to reflect on losing such a good friend. For no more than I was around him, he really left an impression in my life. I have never met a more caring individual. He loved life, family and his Sooner friends. He will be greatly missed. Rest well, Brother.

SCOUT
12/23/2011, 10:18 PM
I am sorry to hear that he has passed away. He sounds like he was an amazing person.

Blue
12/23/2011, 10:46 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?u=38859&dateline=1105653187

Any way to make that an honorary avatar? I'm not real computer savvy.

AlboSooner
12/24/2011, 12:51 AM
Good poster and a believer. Will see him again one day.

Collier11
12/24/2011, 01:30 AM
Bill was truly a good dude, got to hang out at Vets place with him twice as well as a few tailgates. He had stories for the ages, the guy lived life and then lived a better one. He was always soft spoken but you listened, very kind and funny. God Bless friend

Fraggle145
12/24/2011, 01:38 AM
:(

Sorry to hear this. It sucks.

delhalew
12/24/2011, 01:43 AM
:( I had hoped to meet him. Clearly, one hell of a good guy. Sorry Vet, and the rest of you who got to really know him.

Chuck Bao
12/24/2011, 01:48 AM
I’m terribly saddened by this news. The world lost a great guy today.

AlbqSooner made friends, whether in person or on an anonymous message board, because that was in his character. I feel lucky to have met him here at SF.

Like others have mentioned, he always had words of advice and encouragement without judgment. You could tell that he had been there and done that, while still maintaining a wry sense of humor about all his own little (and big) mishaps.

I finally got to meet him at one of the SF tailgates this year and see for myself that mischievous grin (yep, been there and done that) which exactly matched his message board personae. He was one of a kind.

AlbqSooner, you will be sorely missed.

This is my brother, me and AlbqSooner at the SF Mizzou tailgate.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy301/ghuebsch62/AlbqSoonerFredandGeorge.jpg

SCOUT
12/24/2011, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the pic Chuck. You can even see that wry smile you describe in this one picture.

soonerloyal
12/24/2011, 02:33 AM
As I stand on the mountaintop, as the great bird approaches. She is small in my sight, but grows larger on approach until I am blessed with the full sight of her graceful wings, proud countenance and good company. All too quickly, she grows small again on the horizon and disappears from view. And I call out, "Look, there. She's gone."

But there are other mountaintops beyond me. And at the precise moment when I note the great bird's departure form my view, I know there are new eyes taking up the sight of her. And fresh voices calling out, "Here she comes!"

With you in spirit and love, prayers continual and fervent. Much love to Vet in this time of grief, and a salute to his great friend and Brother AlbqSooner. Until we all meet again, dear Sir.

C&CDean
12/24/2011, 10:07 AM
I finally met Bill this year at a tailgate. We spent quite a bit of time talking and exchanging life experiences. Rock solid dude who had moved way beyond the silliness and petty behaviors most of us continue to display.

He gave momma several bags of Hatch chiles and sent her the most awesome recipe for chicken enchiladas ever. I was driving in from Mississippi last night and she asked what I wanted for supper. "Bill's enchiladas" is all I said. They were extra delicious. Thanks Bill.

RIP brother. You've earned your final reward in heaven.

olevetonahill
12/24/2011, 10:18 AM
I finally met Bill this year at a tailgate. We spent quite a bit of time talking and exchanging life experiences. Rock solid dude who had moved way beyond the silliness and petty behaviors most of us continue to display.

He gave momma several bags of Hatch chiles and sent her the most awesome recipe for chicken enchiladas ever. I was driving in from Mississippi last night and she asked what I wanted for supper. "Bill's enchiladas" is all I said. They were extra delicious. Thanks Bill.

RIP brother. You've earned your final reward in heaven.

Id like ya to get me that Recipe Bro

By the way Bill has requested NO Funeral nor a Memorial
He simply wanted to be Cremated and then have his brother go camping and scatter his ashes in a Camp fire

Seems during his Drankin days he would get drunk and stumble and fall into bout near ever campfire he was ever around

He was a Good Man

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/24/2011, 10:35 AM

RIP brother. You've earned your final reward in heaven.I'd like that recipe too. What a neat guy. I didn't get to meet him this year (or Chuck).

Are we going to do some kind of a donation?

C&CDean
12/24/2011, 10:42 AM
When I get back home I'll post it. At first glance I went "wtf?". Flour tortillas? Chili powder? It rocks. Momma had a recipe that she hasn't used once since trying Bill's.

I think I'll rename them "Bill's Heavenly Enchiladas.".

olevetonahill
12/24/2011, 10:48 AM
When I get back home I'll post it. At first glance I went "wtf?". Flour tortillas? Chili powder? It rocks. Momma had a recipe that she hasn't used once since trying Bill's.

I think I'll rename them "Bill's Heavenly Enchiladas.".

Good deal Bro
YOU be careful / Dont need to lose any more friends.

olevetonahill
12/24/2011, 10:50 AM
Dean , Do you know if Dave or anyone got Pics of Bill at the Tail Gate?

If so can ya try to get em posted

C&CDean
12/24/2011, 10:53 AM
I'll check Howie.

olevetonahill
12/24/2011, 11:07 AM
I'll check Howie.

Thanks Bro
I have a camera But never carry it nor use it

sooner59
12/24/2011, 12:31 PM
I was fortunate to get to spend some time with Bill at Vet's the past couple of years. Just a great guy. I had a good conversation with him riding to town once to get another case of Dr. Pepper. He had some great stories and some great advice. He turned me on to Hatch green chiles as well. Its sad to not have him around anymore, but he is in a better place now.

C&CDean
12/24/2011, 02:24 PM
No pics from the tailgate Bill was at. Bummer. If anyone else has some please post them.

Bill's Heavenly Enchiladas

Ingredients:

-1 Can of Cream of Chicken soup (or celery)

-1/2 cup of sour cream

-2 TBS butter

-1/2 chopped onion

-1 tsp chili powder

-2 cups of diced cooked chicken (the chunky canned chicken works great)

-Big ole handful of green chiles (these are Bill's exact words - he recommended the diced ones which work great)

-8 flour tortillas

-1 cup of shredded cheese

Directions:

-Pre-heat oven to 375

-Stir soup and sour cream together until smooth - set aside

-In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat melt butter and cook onion and chili powder until onions are soft

-Stir in chicken, chiles, and ~2TBS of soup mixture

-Along the center of each tortilla spread about 1/8 of the chicken mixture

-Fold sides over and place filled tortillas seam side down in a greased 9x13 baking dish

-Spread remaining soup over enchiladas. Cover with foil and bake ~20 minutes

-Remove foil, sprinkle with grated cheese and bake uncovered ~10 minutes or until cheese melts

Variation: Momma puts a little cheese inside each enchilada too. If you can, use a little Asadero cheese.

Just finished the leftovers for lunch today. Thanks again Bill.

Wishboned
12/24/2011, 04:24 PM
Terrible news.

I didn't know him, other than the board. But reading the impact he had on those who did meet him, then it's obvious he was a special person.

StoopTroup
12/24/2011, 07:24 PM
It's taken me some time to respond about the loss of this great friend. I met Bill at Vet's 1st HoDown and Bill and I have attended everyone since. Next year's will be difficult. I already miss him. I know I have to have some pics of him somewhere. I will begin looking through them after Christmas.

Dean, thanks for the recipe. I had been talking with Bill and before he got sick he was gonna send me some of those chilies. The Wife and I are going to make a batch of the enchiladas in his and my Mom's Honor. I lost my Mom on Christmas Day in 2009 and I am at herHouse right now celebrating Christmas with my Entire Family. She is missed but here in spirit.

I miss Bill but I know he is in God's Loving Care now.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and that you all get the G.I.Joe with the Kung Fu Grip.

Greg

FirstandGoal
12/24/2011, 11:26 PM
Never met Bill in person, but we had some great conversations over the last couple of years. I'm gonna miss him and his wonderful advice on just about anything.
One of the last PM's I sent him was "thanks" and telling him how wonderful it was to know him and how I love how being Sooner fans brought us together, but how love and friendship kept us all in touch. I'm saddened by the knowledge that I'll never open up my in-box again and find a message from Bill.

olevetonahill
12/24/2011, 11:34 PM
Never met Bill in person, but we had some great conversations over the last couple of years. I'm gonna miss him and his wonderful advice on just about anything.
One of the last PM's I sent him was "thanks" and telling him how wonderful it was to know him and how I love how being Sooner fans brought us together, but how love and friendship kept us all in touch. I'm saddened by the knowledge that I'll never open up my in-box again and find a message from Bill.
There will always be a message
Just open up yer heart

GottaHavePride
12/25/2011, 12:11 PM
Dang. Just saw this.

Lott's Bandana
12/25/2011, 12:43 PM
No pics from the tailgate Bill was at. Bummer. If anyone else has some please post them.

Ingredients:

-1/2 cup of sour cream

-2 TBS butter

-1/2 chopped onion

-1 tsp chili powder

-Big ole handful of green chiles (these are Bill's exact words - he recommended the diced ones which work great)

-8 flour tortillas

Directions:

-Pre-heat oven to 375

-In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat melt butter and cook onion and chili powder until onions are soft

-Fold sides over and place filled tortillas seam side down in a greased 9x13 baking dish

-Remove foil, sprinkle with grated cheese and bake uncovered ~10 minutes or until cheese melts

Variation: Momma puts a little cheese inside each enchilada too. If you can, use a little Asadero cheese.

My NM State Aggie approves of this version.
We will be making this tomorrow night with Hatch chiles.

olevetonahill
12/25/2011, 01:03 PM
Bill left me a bunch of Chillies when he came fer the Ho-Down
Gonna break out a bag from the freezer and make some later this week

Turd_Ferguson
12/25/2011, 01:23 PM
Bill left me a bunch of Chillies when he came fer the Ho-Down
Gonna break out a bag from the freezer and make some later this weekYou should try to implement some of them into your jelly...

StoopTroup
12/25/2011, 08:21 PM
Great idea Turd. Tequila Jelly. :D

12/26/2011, 05:27 PM
Sad news.

stoopified
12/26/2011, 05:35 PM
RIP brother

StoopTroup
12/26/2011, 05:37 PM
Enchiladas Tonight.

Rest in Peace Bill

Greg and the Family

We love ya Brother

booomer
12/26/2011, 09:50 PM
For some reason I thought he was really young, too. I think maybe I am getting him confused with another poster or something. I'm sad to hear of his passing. :(

StoopTroup
12/26/2011, 11:26 PM
Bill was young at heart but wise in years....

oudavid1
12/27/2011, 02:31 AM
He was very nice to me, didnt know me, didnt have to be. He was. As always, it meant a lot. Been watching these threads, just didnt want to post. Goodbye friend. God Bless.

olevetonahill
12/27/2011, 02:56 AM
He was very nice to me, didnt know me, didnt have to be. He was. As always, it meant a lot. Been watching these threads, just didnt want to post. Goodbye friend. God Bless.
David, Why hesitate to say that some one treated you right?
Bill loved to argue with out being a Prick about it .

oudavid1
12/27/2011, 02:59 AM
David, Why hesitate to say that some one treated you right?
Bill loved to argue with being a Prick about it .

Believe it or not Vet, I keep a lot to myself. I do share it with the man upstairs though.

olevetonahill
12/27/2011, 03:01 AM
Thats Cool

btk108
12/27/2011, 09:28 AM
That is a great picture of Bill with his classic expression on his face. I'm going to miss him. He was a green chile afficiando and I shared that fondness with him. He stood with me at the grill during the Ho Down this year and told me the exact moment to put the chile on each hamburger patty.

KantoSooner
12/28/2011, 11:55 AM
Wow, I turn my back for a day or two away from the keyboard and this happens. I'll go put a memory of him in the persimmon tree on my back slope. It's what I do when someone worth remembering departs. Unfortunately, it's got more than a couple memories in it already, but he'll be in good company.

OUDoc
12/28/2011, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. Bill was a quality person, he will be missed. :(

Sooner24
12/28/2011, 02:14 PM
I hate to hear this. I always enjoyed his postings. Prayers to his family.

StoopTroup
12/28/2011, 03:17 PM
We finished off the enchiladas last night. They were very similar to the flour ones my Mom used to make. Awesome. The Wife made fresh pico to go with them and we had some salsa and chips.

I will always remember my Mom and Bill when we have them.

Good memories, good food

proud gonzo
12/28/2011, 03:32 PM
Just saw this :(

RIP, man

olevetonahill
2/20/2012, 09:01 PM
Just got to where I could make the Enchiladas
they in the oven now.

Looked and smelled great
Thanks Bill

picasso
2/20/2012, 09:51 PM
Sorry to hear Vet.

olevetonahill
9/4/2013, 06:21 PM

Ingredients:

-1/2 cup of sour cream

-2 TBS butter

-1/2 chopped onion

-1 tsp chili powder

-8 flour tortillas

Directions:

-Pre-heat oven to 375

Just put another Pan in the Oven . smells great

stoopified
9/5/2013, 03:10 PM
well crap, now I know that tthread in The Hideout was about. Prayers for the family.

Mjcpr
9/5/2013, 03:18 PM
Why he chose enchilada night, I will never know.