PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for the A&M community and family of Sr. OL Joseph Villavisencio

soonerboy_odanorth
12/23/2011, 10:39 AM
From ESPN who borrowed from the AP report:

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M senior offensive lineman Joseph Villavisencio has been killed in a car accident, according to the university.

Villavisencio, 22, swerved to avoid a buzzard and veered head-on into the path of an 18-wheeler near the town of Normangee about 40 miles from College Station, on Thursday, according to witness reports.

Villavisencio spent part of Thursday with the team delivering gifts to families at a local shelter after the Aggies finished their last workout on campus in preparation for the Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas on Dec. 31. Villavisencio was heading to his home in Jacksonville, Texas, at the time of the crash.

"He was one of the most respectful and high-character players I've ever coached," former A&M coach Mike Sherman, who was fired Dec. 1, told the Houston Chronicle. "It was an honor and privilege to have known him and coached him."

Villavisencio saw limited action in his career with the Aggies, but touched many involved in the program. Sherman said everyone will remember him as a person "who would do anything for anybody."

Villavisencio was a three-year letterman whom athletic director Bill Byrne said "epitomized selfless service" to helping the Aggies improve as a team.

Information from The Associated Press was included in this report.

Soonerjeepman
12/23/2011, 10:46 AM
wow...yup prayers to the family..really sad...

leson..DO NOT swerve to miss anything...besides another car...seems a lot of folks get killed trying to miss animals..not trying to be funny...

goingoneight
12/23/2011, 10:58 AM
I lost a very young family member last Sunday, too. Worst time of the year for an already terrible thing to happen.

olevetonahill
12/23/2011, 11:02 AM
In

badger
12/23/2011, 11:07 AM
Very sad. A lot of college football players seemed to have died in the past year :(

sooneredaco
12/23/2011, 11:09 AM
Wow! Very sad news! T&P for all of his family and friends

prrriiide
12/23/2011, 12:25 PM
wow...yup prayers to the family..really sad...

leson..DO NOT swerve to miss anything...besides another car...seems a lot of folks get killed trying to miss animals..not trying to be funny...

You couldn't be more right. I got a shudder when I read this. The same thing very nearly happened to my wife avoiding a truck gator on I-35. The 18-wheeler ran over the front of the car but she walked away.

Prayers for this family. I can't imagine it, much less 3 days before Christmas.

Memtig14
12/23/2011, 12:32 PM
Very, very sad. You usually only hear about the bad things players do....and not the good ones. Sad way to hear about a good one.

Prayers for all.

kenth68
12/23/2011, 01:58 PM
Seems like a lot of players were killed this year. Prayers for his family.

8timechamps
12/23/2011, 02:31 PM
Sad news. Prayers for the family and friends. Seemed like a really good person....taken too young.

PLaw
12/23/2011, 04:05 PM
Very sad. Prayers up.

Gig 'em!

zeke
12/23/2011, 07:45 PM
Prayers

LVSOONER15
12/23/2011, 08:02 PM
Prayers with the family.

ouwasp
12/24/2011, 01:24 AM
I have two college age kids. One was in an accident while driving home back in October... she's okay, but I will never forget that phone call... her shaky voice and a siren in the background. Still not comfortable with them out on the road, but that's part of growing up.

The poor boy from A&M will never get any older. So sad. Prayers for his family.

budbarrybob
12/24/2011, 06:22 AM
This sucks..