PDA

View Full Version : what is teh big deal about Barkley

SoonerLaw09
12/22/2011, 02:16 PM
His "Big Decision" is all over ESPiN, nationwide announcement,etc.

Since when did the USuC QB rate all this press?

badger
12/22/2011, 02:26 PM
Nothing says "bowl season" like the quarterback of a team on a bowl ban! :D

stoops the eternal pimp
12/22/2011, 02:30 PM
Probably since he is going to be a top 10 pick with potential for being a top 5.

PalmBeachSooner
12/22/2011, 02:34 PM
I thought this was about Charles Barkley...seriously.

Mississippi Sooner
12/22/2011, 02:42 PM
That's turrible.

badger
12/22/2011, 02:56 PM
I thought this was about Charles Barkley...seriously.

I googled Charles just to see what he's up to.

Cool article here (http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/id/7380062/charles-barkley-tackles-weighty-issue) on him losing weight for realz this time. And he commented on Kobe's divorce and expected fan taunts here. (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/12/kobe-bryant-divorce-laker-could-face-fans-jeers-barkley-says.html) And he's gonna host SNL next month. More info here. (http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Daniel-Radcliffe-Charles-Barkley-Host-Saturday-Night-Live-January-37916.html)

The weight one's a good read. Veggies are truly wonderful and you wonder once you start eating more of them why you hated them so much as a kid.

Mad Dog Madsen
12/22/2011, 03:14 PM
Since when did the USuC QB rate all this press?

Since the day he stepped foot on that beautiful campus.

KantoSooner
12/22/2011, 03:27 PM
. Veggies are truly wonderful and you wonder once you start eating more of them why you hated them so much as a kid.

I can agree up to a point. Go look in the mirror. See those pointy teeth just east and west of the big flat ones in front? Not designed for eating broccoli. Just saying.

SoonerLaw09
12/22/2011, 03:29 PM
Veggies are great...as long as they are paired with a big slab of burnt animal flesh.

oudavid1
12/22/2011, 03:41 PM
Barkley is going to be a great pro. Not good, GREAT.

Mad Dog Madsen
12/22/2011, 03:48 PM
Barkley is going to be a great pro. Not good, GREAT.

David is right on the money once again.

thecrimsoncrusader
12/22/2011, 03:50 PM
Wabbit food sucks and is not intended to be eaten by humans. Wabbits eat veggies and then humans eat wabbits. It's the way of the world!

badger
12/22/2011, 04:25 PM
I love how I can hijack a thread about the USC quarterback and turn it into a discussion on the merits of veggies :)

But seriously here --- try them all out. Try out the craziest sounding veggies that you never thought you'd eat and see if you like them. You will find a favorite. And when you do, eat it more often. Just like after you do a good deed, you will be feel better afterward. You'll be all like "I could have eaten a Big Mac, but I ate okra instead!"

Plus, Oklahoma's way too unhealthy. Let's unfatten our state one veggie meal at a time! :)

stoops the eternal pimp
12/22/2011, 04:43 PM
Back on topic, Barkley is staying in school.

Scott D
12/22/2011, 04:44 PM
Probably since he is going to be a top 10 pick with potential for being a top 5.

Or, top 3 in 2013 provided that the loss of Kalil doesn't leave him vulnerable to being crushed on the blind side. Oh who am I kidding, they have a better o-line coach than we do ;)

and by top 3 I mean we'll hear all summer how he's the consensus #1 pick for 2013.

olevetonahill
12/22/2011, 05:13 PM
Back on topic, Barkley is staying in school.
So hes a Veggie huh?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/23/2011, 12:47 AM
the Media loves them some usuc. Any reason they can think of to promote the condoms is good enough for the sports media.

BoulderSooner79
12/23/2011, 01:10 AM
the Media loves them some usuc. Any reason they can think of to promote the condoms is good enough for the sports media.

Probably with good reason this go round. Barkley should be the top college QB next year and the big hit in schollys won't have much impact yet. 'SC will start out top 5 or even top 3 next year.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/23/2011, 01:35 AM
Probably with good reason this go round. Barkley should be the top college QB next year and the big hit in schollys won't have much impact yet. 'SC will start out top 5 or even top 3 next year.Can they go to a bowl or win their conference next yr?(gee, let's hope not)

yankee
12/23/2011, 02:18 AM

Orrrrr.... he's a great quarterback who happened to play on a very good team (that won't be going to a bowl). And to top it all off, he appears to be a great guy despite playing for usuc.

rekamrettuB
12/23/2011, 08:56 AM
Can they go to a bowl or win their conference next yr?(gee, let's hope not)
I think this was the 1 year postseason ban. At least I think they only got 1 year.

soonerlaw
12/23/2011, 09:06 AM
So what does this do to Landry's stock and him potentionally declaring for the NFL? I would think that Landry went from a 1st-2nd tweener to a solid 1st round pick. Depending on how scouts evaluate Griffin, he could be number 2 or 3.

rekamrettuB
12/23/2011, 09:17 AM
So what does this do to Landry's stock and him potentionally declaring for the NFL? I would think that Landry went from a 1st-2nd tweener to a solid 1st round pick. Depending on how scouts evaluate Griffin, he could be number 2 or 3.
He went from 3 or 4 QB this year and 1 or 2 QB next year to 2 or 3 in both years I think. And if he ended up being the 1 or 2 QB next year then it's a weak year for QBs. Love Landry but he's never struck me as a "best QB in a class" player.

Scott D
12/23/2011, 09:39 AM
I think this was the 1 year postseason ban. At least I think they only got 1 year.

They got two years, and this was year two.

BoulderSooner79
12/23/2011, 10:36 AM

In theory, all it should do is move every player on the board up 1 notch except for the few above Barkley. But I do think QBs get treated a bit different than other positions - look how high both Locker and Ponder got taken in a thin QB draft last year.This could be a boost to LJ if he decides to go if he doesn't lay an egg at the combine.