PDA

View Full Version : Roy Finch

Keller Sooner
12/21/2011, 11:13 AM
You gotta love Finch. When asked if he could handle 30 carries in the bowl game, he said "give me the rock." With all the quitting and transferring, it's refreshing to hear a kid say that. I hope he has a big game at the Insight Bowl.

Boomer.....
12/21/2011, 11:19 AM
I heard interviews with Stills and Jefferson last night and they were optimistic about the bowl game and saying that they wanted to prove themselves. It was nice to hear.

OULenexaman
12/21/2011, 11:19 AM
prove what?

badger
12/21/2011, 11:33 AM
You gotta love Finch. When asked if he could handle 30 carries in the bowl game, he said "give me the rock." With all the quitting and transferring, it's refreshing to hear a kid say that. I hope he has a big game at the Insight Bowl.

While I love little finchie, there's a bit of wtf to that line of thought... I mean why are the kids transferring and quitting? Lack of playing time... or injuries. So it's refreshing to hear a kid say that he wants more playing time???? :)

I just hope he can handle more carries. I'd hate to see him get injured again.

delhalew
12/21/2011, 11:36 AM
Jefferson in my mind has proven himself, but I would like Stills to prove he's not a prima donna that's afraid of getting hit.

KantoSooner
12/21/2011, 11:39 AM
Put Finch, and Millard in the backfield with Bell. Run the damn bone. At least once I'd like to see that.

Boomer.....
12/21/2011, 11:40 AM
prove what?

Prove that they are better than they played in those 3 losses.

Mad Dog Madsen
12/21/2011, 12:06 PM
Wait a second... These football players wanna PLAY?!? And play HARD? Oh crap Iowa, you better watch the f*ck out! :cower:

Keller Sooner
12/21/2011, 12:14 PM
While I love little finchie, there's a bit of wtf to that line of thought... I mean why are the kids transferring and quitting? Lack of playing time... or injuries. So it's refreshing to hear a kid say that he wants more playing time???? :)

It is to me badger. He wasn't asking for more playing time he was asked if he could handle lt. Big difference isn't it? The transfers or quitters, whether justified or not, weren't there to ask. Point being, they are out the door. Roy is still here and we've got a bowl game to go win.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/21/2011, 12:31 PM
Good for Roy...This bowl game itself doesn't mean much to me...I want him to prove himself in the offseason so that when next season starts, he's not sitting on the bench because he didn't put in his work before the season started.

SoonerLaw09
12/21/2011, 12:34 PM
Put Finch, and Millard in the backfield with Bell. Run the damn bone. At least once I'd like to see that.

Me too, but they better practice it a *lot*. Bell is not a wishbone QB. The couple of times we've run option out of the Belldozer, it was a disaster. Not something you just throw into a gameplan.

OULenexaman
12/21/2011, 12:35 PM
Wait a second... These football players wanna PLAY?!? And play HARD? Oh crap Iowa, you better watch the f*ck out! :cower: damn straight....they got something to prove....sumthin' anyway.:indecisiveness:

badger
12/21/2011, 12:43 PM
It is to me badger. He wasn't asking for more playing time he was asked if he could handle lt. Big difference isn't it? The transfers or quitters, whether justified or not, weren't there to ask. Point being, they are out the door. Roy is still here and we've got a bowl game to go win.

:) ok.

OULenexaman
12/21/2011, 12:53 PM
This bowl game itself doesn't mean much to me... I couldn't tell you right now what day,time or TV station it's even on.....friggin sad.

goingoneight
12/21/2011, 01:07 PM
Roy is a great example of a guy with AA talent, but he tries to do too much sometimes. Time and experience will slow the game down for him. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him have a monster year before he's done here.

SoonerTerry
12/21/2011, 01:56 PM
I hope he gets 250 yards and 5 touchdowns

mojorisen2014
12/21/2011, 04:50 PM

Coaches are weeding out all the bad apples

Rocko
12/21/2011, 04:54 PM
Jefferson in my mind has proven himself, but I would like Stills to prove he's not a prima donna that's afraid of getting hit.

When has Stills ever behaved in a way that is indicative of him being a prima donna? He just has crazy hair and dropped some passes, he hasn't gone all Malcolm Kelly on us.

Boomer.....
12/21/2011, 05:09 PM
When has Stills ever behaved in a way that is indicative of him being a prima donna? He just has crazy hair and dropped some passes, he hasn't gone all Malcolm Kelly on us.

He seemed to stop working as hard after Broyles got injured. I know he has an injury of his own, but seemed to give up on routes and not go 100%.

delhalew
12/21/2011, 05:09 PM

If you are sadistic enough to still have a game from the latter half of the season on your DVR, watch Kenny go for a catch in traffic when he can hear footsteps, if you can use the words "going for it" to describe that scene.

Kid has a ton of talent, and is probably a good kid. I'm sure he will mature, and learn to bring it, without having Broyles to take the heat off.

cvsooner
12/21/2011, 05:17 PM
I couldn't tell you right now what day,time or TV station it's even on.....friggin sad.Dec. 30, 9 p.m. central, ESPN. We're the home team and will wear crimson.

EDIT: Oops. Dang time changes. Let's see, it's 8 p.m. Tempe time, 7 p.m. here on the West Coast, 9 p.m. in Oklahoma...

SoonerLaw09
12/21/2011, 05:26 PM
Dec. 30, 8 p.m. central, ESPN. We're the home team and will wear crimson.

Nice jorb, except it's 9pm Central.

cjames317
12/21/2011, 06:38 PM
I hope he gets 250 yards and 5 touchdowns

Dear Santa, ↑ This ↑ please. And, if not too much, how bout filling Millard with the ghost of Owen Schmitt?

VA Sooner
12/21/2011, 07:26 PM
Good for the Roy and the boys. I want to see Roy carry the rock and the others go out and prove themselves.

Avenge me, Boys! Avenge me! (Source: Red Dawn) :D

SoonerMarkVA
12/21/2011, 08:56 PM

I wouldn't say prima donna, but he definitely needs to show he can be counted on when there isn't someone as good as Broyles out there taking most of the heat.

As for Jefferson--dude is a freakin' stud and a textbook tackler.

OkieThunderLion
12/21/2011, 11:08 PM
I wouldn't say prima donna, but he definitely needs to show he can be counted on when there isn't someone as good as Broyles out there taking most of the heat.

As for Jefferson--dude is a freakin' stud and a textbook tackler.
He really is. But his effort on the first O-State touchdown, a few weeks back, absolutely shocked me.

thecrimsoncrusader
12/22/2011, 11:55 AM
He really is. But his effort on the first O-State touchdown, a few weeks back, absolutely shocked me.

His effort was on par with everyone else on the team that evening and even the Iowa St. game for that matter. This team has been playing like they just want the season to be over with after all that has happened. I will be shocked if they actually have an inspired performance against Iowa.

OULenexaman
12/22/2011, 12:11 PM
me too....I will be stunned if they play inspired.

goingoneight
12/22/2011, 01:51 PM
I dpm't think anyone with a pulse is excited about this game. It's literally meaningless. That said, don't let us crap our pants again, Bob. Let's just get out of this nasty year with ten wins.

rock on sooner
12/22/2011, 01:55 PM
I dpm't think anyone with a pulse is excited about this game. It's literally meaningless. That said, don't let us crap our pants again, Bob. Let's just get out of this nasty year with ten wins. I have
a pulse and, while not particularly enthused about the Insight Bowl, I am excited to see the team play one more
game this year and add to the nation leading ten win seasons..Finch rack up 150+ yds..LJ rack up 350-400 yds and
they guys get back a little swagger!

KantoSooner
12/22/2011, 03:32 PM
I'd like to see the defense form tackle someone, at least once during the game. Just a good, old fashioned, face mask on the guy's numbers, his feet leave the ground, the small of his back hits the ground while the tackler is still driving his helmet through the man. Arms on both sides, gripping strongly.
<I only described it because I thought many had probably forgotten what one looked like.>

Boomer.....
12/22/2011, 03:36 PM
We just need to get another bowl win, put this season behind us, and look to the future.