PDA

View Full Version : Mike Stoops interested in working for the Ole Ball Coach...

Lott's Bandana
12/20/2011, 06:29 PM
...as the DC position has become available with the hiring of Ellis Johnson at Southern Miss.

According to Travis Haney

olevetonahill
12/20/2011, 06:33 PM
Oh NO Bobs gonna screw up again .:cat:

PalmettoSooner
12/20/2011, 07:14 PM
I live here in South Carolina and many Carolina fans want to see Mike as the DC. His name has been brought up a lot on the sports talk shows around the state today.

goingoneight
12/20/2011, 10:15 PM
Would be interesting seeing how he does there. SEC is full of failtastic offense; so that's a start.

swardboy
12/21/2011, 10:38 AM
Is that the Mr. Haney on Green Acres?

rekamrettuB
12/21/2011, 10:42 AM
If you want to go somewhere as DC, the SEC is the place to be.

Neath a Western Sky
12/21/2011, 11:34 AM
Interested in knowing how other SF posters would feel if you read this headline: "Spurrier Hires Mike Stoops as New Defensive Coordinator"?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/21/2011, 11:42 AM
Interested in knowing how other SF posters would feel if you read this headline: "Spurrier Hires Mike Stoops as New Defensive Coordinator"?

Congratulations to Mike and good luck?

SoCal
12/21/2011, 11:47 AM
Steve Spurrier certainly expected questions about Ellis Johnson as he approached reporters for his post-practice media session in Columbia on Tuesday evening.
In fact, Spurrier just went right in to the subject before anyone had a chance to bring up Johnson's departure to Southern Miss. After four minutes of Q&A's, Spurrier figured he had just about wrapped things up when a reporter tried to get in one last question. A reporter asked, "Is Mike Stoops a guy you would be interested in just talking to about this?" Take it away, Coach Spurrier. "Aww, I'm not getting into all that, men," Spurrier said in amazement with a smile. And with that, the head ball coach dismissed himself from his media powwow to head inside, but in Spurrier-esq fashion, he turned and blurbed, "You must be new." A few more steps away from the reporters and Spurrier stated a much louder and more clearly, "He must be new." i.e. Someone help this young fella.

Take a look: http://www.coachingsearch.com/home/192-spurrier-in-rare-form-after-practice-when-asked-about-mike-stoops.html

sooneredaco
12/21/2011, 11:55 AM
Fire Venables!!!!

pphilfran
12/21/2011, 11:56 AM
Bob, you must not let that happen...kidnap the son of a gun if need be...

SoonerTerry
12/21/2011, 03:02 PM
I like Mike!!!

VA Sooner
12/21/2011, 07:29 PM
Good to see Mike get another DC job... he gets the kids motivated for sure. Would have loved to have him join the staff... perhaps the time is just not right yet.

Scott D
12/21/2011, 08:47 PM

Wow, how is Mike going to manage coaching 3 defenses at the same time?

OU_Sooners75
12/21/2011, 09:03 PM
If you want to go somewhere as DC, the SEC is the place to be.

And if you would like to go somewhere were your DC genius can shine...the Big 12 is the place to be!