8timechamps
12/18/2011, 01:19 PM
This is a pole/poll

LVSOONER15
12/18/2011, 02:03 PM
Too early to tell.

TXBOOMER
12/18/2011, 03:55 PM
Who is gonna tackle the ball carriers of the other team to put OU in the NC game?

MyT Oklahoma
12/18/2011, 04:27 PM
Unless there are some changes on and off the field expect a repeat of this season once again next year.

SoonerorLater
12/18/2011, 04:35 PM
Way too many variables right now. We'll find out a little about the character of this team against Iowa. Maybe get a glimpse of any new scheming philosophy.

OUInformant
12/18/2011, 04:39 PM
Who else in the Big 12 will be competitive? OSU will be worse, plus we play at home; TT was horrible (even though we lost); Baylor loses RGIII; I think Texas has major problems, and we should thump them again.

It boils down to TCU, WVU, KSU? We play KSU at home and WVU may not even be in the conference until 2014. That leaves TCU.

Throw in a couple of bad losses again, and I still think we have a good shot at winning the conference.

OUmillenium
12/18/2011, 07:09 PM
even numbered year = we win the conference

Winning a MNC is out of the question until we get a defense

goingoneight
12/18/2011, 07:47 PM
It's looking like another 4 to 5-loss season until some serious questions are answered on and off the field. I'd like to believe the tail end of 2011 was just a flukish injury-related collapse against a decent opponent like in the WVU Fiesta Bowl, but it sure looks like worse.

8timechamps
12/18/2011, 08:07 PM
It's looking like another 4 to 5-loss season until some serious questions are answered on and off the field. I'd like to believe the tail end of 2011 was just a flukish injury-related collapse against a decent opponent like in the WVU Fiesta Bowl, but it sure looks like worse.

You say that like 4 or 5 loss seasons are the norm. We've had one 4 loss season, and one 5 loss season in 10 years. I personally think we'll be better next year. The end of this season was definitely affected by injuries, and I think an off-season will go a long way in preparing the next group to compete at the level we are accustomed to. I also think we're going to see a much better performance in the bowl game than we saw in Bedlam.

oudivesherpa
12/18/2011, 08:12 PM
It depends primarily on who will be our quarterback. Without Landry Jones we are looking at a 4/5 loss season. If Jones returns we are looking at a 2/3 loss season.

sooneredaco
12/18/2011, 08:30 PM
13-0 Landry wins the heisman and OU gets #8

oudavid1
12/18/2011, 09:32 PM
Dont see us losing to tech. Weeden and Heisman winner both gone, not worried. Big 12 champs.

Boomer.....
12/18/2011, 09:56 PM
It depends primarily on who will be our quarterback. Without Landry Jones we are looking at a 4/5 loss season. If Jones returns we are looking at a 2/3 loss season.
This is how I feel also. I don't think that we would lose 5 without Landry though, probably 3 or 4 at most.
All of these fans wants Landry gone, at times me included, but he gives us our best chance to win a full game. We don't really know how good Allen or Bell's arms are during a meaningful down and you saw how long it took Landry to settle in. While Landry has hints of greatness and mediocrity, he is game proven.

sooneron
12/19/2011, 09:47 AM
I think 2-3 losses with or without Landry. This may sound strange, but some or one of the losses could be to different teams depending on OUr starting qb. It's a scheme sort of thing...

soonervegas
12/19/2011, 09:51 AM
10-2 w Landry

The coaching staff makes no major changes, but cobbles enough wins together to win a down Big 12. The coaching staff resumes patting themselves on the back as we move a little further from catching up to the SEC big dogs.

We win another Fiesta against a team that shouldn't be in the BCS. Sunshine pumpers have an O over seasons results.

olevetonahill
12/19/2011, 11:07 AM
13-0 Landry wins the heisman and OU gets #8

I like yer thinkin Bro

Breadburner
12/19/2011, 11:36 AM
Back to buisness as usual at OU for next year as long as we keep everyone healthy.....!!!

soonerboy_odanorth
12/19/2011, 01:53 PM
Program under Stoops is at a crossroads. If Stoops shows the initiative to make changes in staff organization/responsibilities (not necessarily dumping anyone... but maybe), and makes a concerted effort to re-evaluate the talent (i.e. maybe get rid of some of the malcontents and really shuffle up some of the positions) I can see a Big XII Championship run, with or without Landry. 10-2, or even better is NOT impossible.

BUT, if he is stubborn with the thought that "we've been pretty successful the way things are", and Landry comes back throwing 50+ times a game with Huepel continuing to abandon the run (with little healthy talent coming back), I can see this getting as bad as 6-6.

That would be epic meltdown worst case scenario, but take an honest look at it:

TCU, Texas, and Notre Dame right now all have comparable talent coming back. (Didn't say better... just comparable.) On paper, those games are already a toss-up.

KSU, WVU, Baylor, oSu, and ISU (yes, ISU) all have sufficient talent for the "any given Saturday" upset. Maybe even TT as they demonstrated this year. (Since we are AT ISU and TT, especially.) And as images of Baylor, oSu, and TT wide receivers blowing past our linebackers and secondary continue to haunt us all, can anyone here really claim that we are that much more talented than this group? I'm not really sure.

If the rumors of bad locker room chemistry are true and persist, and we have a bickering coaching staff (differences of philosophy), both combined with what is going to be a difficult schedule next year, it could be a recipe for disaster (as it would be for any team.)

I would have never said anything like this going into 2011 (and didn't... I said 10-2 with a BigXII Championship likely.) But 2011 exposed some serious issues with the program right now that need some fixin'.

Still.. can't wait to see how it all shakes out. I really am looking forward to 2012, because it will be pretty exciting any way you look at it. I think of the last 10 years it is the most unpredictable as to which way it will go. Buckle up for the ride...