PDA

View Full Version : Most Amusing Potential BCS Shakeup

Scott D
12/17/2011, 10:39 AM
Boise finally agrees to join the Big East in time for the Big East to get bumped from the BCS in favor of the Mountain West. It's a very unlikely situation, but one that I freely admit would amuse the hell out of me.

badger
12/17/2011, 10:53 AM
LOL. Boise joined the Mountain West because it was on the verge of earning a BCS auto bid on its own via its recent success with at-large berths. In fact, even though the Mountain West is getting to be defunct with all of its top teams departing, it's still applying for BCS auto status because, well, it earned it, believe it or not.

Linky (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/mwest/story/2011-12-12/mwc-seeks-automatic-bcs-bid/51853164/1)

The league can point, among other things, to four top-10 finishes and 10 top-25 finishes in the BCS team rankings in the last four years, ending with this one. Boise State was No. 7 and TCU No. 18 this season.

If the MWC was only able to hold onto Utah, BYU, Boise and TCU, it would have been the new Big East --- one of the big boys in the BCS. Alas, all four have since departed.... interestingly, they all departed in different directions --- Utah to the Pac 12, BYU to indy status, Boise to the Big East and TCU to the Big 12.

rekamrettuB
12/19/2011, 09:48 AM
I find it amusing that Boise and SAN DIEGO STATE, CALIFORNIA are in the BIG EAST!!!