PDA

View Full Version : Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl

SoonerLaw09
12/16/2011, 07:24 PM
Hey, look, a *real* national championship! I may not give a rip who wins, but I watch for the spectacle of an actual college football playoff. With players who make no pretense of being prima donnas. They just want to line up and hit somebody.

BTW Baj, where the heck is Whitewater anyway, and does anybody in Wisky who doesn't live or go to school there care about this game?

OkieThunderLion
12/16/2011, 07:29 PM
Hey, look, a *real* national championship! I may not give a rip who wins, but I watch for the spectacle of an actual college football playoff. With players who make no pretense of being prima donnas. They just want to line up and hit somebody.

BTW Baj, where the heck is Whitewater anyway, and does anybody in Wisky who doesn't live or go to school there care about this game?
UWW vs Mount Union for the SEVENTH straight year. Crazy!

Whitewater is located in a rural area of Wisconsin. SE of Madison, SW of Milwaukee. Spent a time or two there.

8timechamps
12/16/2011, 07:35 PM
I consider myself a college football nut, and can recognize any FBS team within the first 5 seconds of seeing them on the field. As for FCS and lower schools, I can recognize many, but certainly not all....However, if it's Mt. Union and UWW, I can always identify these two... consistency!

Oh, and it's nice to see a true national champion decided on the field!

Jacie
12/16/2011, 07:37 PM
Another bowl game with a cool name, at least I always thought so. Perhaps it was because Alonzo was one of my uncle's middle name . . .