PDA

View Full Version : With our newfound lack of RB's... any chance this guy gets an offer?

nativesooner
12/15/2011, 12:36 PM
http://photos3.newsok.com/cache/r620-8b655d4dca2a6ad878d3e7c27f5b2564.jpg

I know he'd LOVE to go to OU. His grades are good enough, but hasn't heard anything yet. :indecisiveness:

EatLeadCommie
12/15/2011, 12:45 PM
who is he?

NormanPride
12/15/2011, 12:46 PM
I do not know who that is, but I imagine that he could be a recruited walk on if he doesn't get an offer.

starclassic tama
12/15/2011, 12:47 PM
anadarko's running back i think. can't remember his name. they just won their first state championship...

zeptrey
12/15/2011, 12:47 PM
I believe that is Russell Wilson from Anadarko. He is damn good.

zeptrey
12/15/2011, 12:48 PM
Or....sheldon wilson...my bad

badger
12/15/2011, 01:01 PM
Has he been offered anywhere? It's hard for families to turn down scholarship offers in this economy, even if there's a walk-on offer at a beloved program like OU.

oumartin
12/15/2011, 01:07 PM
We're only interested if there's a chance he'll transfer in a year or two.

SoonerNutt
12/15/2011, 01:11 PM
http://photos3.newsok.com/cache/r620-8b655d4dca2a6ad878d3e7c27f5b2564.jpg

I know he'd LOVE to go to OU. His grades are good enough, but hasn't heard anything yet. :indecisiveness:

Not an indictment of the player you referenced, but I don't think the answer to a few transfers is to sign every RB who shows interest. Signing too many RBs in one class just ensures that a few of them will transfer down the road, and we'll be back in the same situation, having to oversign all in one year again. I say suck it up, sign 2 or 3 at the max, and do the same next year, and we will be in great shape for the next few years.

We have coming back next year: Whaley, Finch, Maybe Clay.
We are adding Alex Ross, who could be very good.
We will probably add 1 or 2 more, IMO.

That is 5 or 6 on next year's roster, with this year's top 3 returning. Only 1 of those 3 will be a Sr. next year, so we aren't quite as desperate as it seems. Clay and Finch will be decent backups next year, and we will be trying to figure our who is our next "stud" to make an impact in 2013 when Whaley is gone.

En_Fuego
12/15/2011, 01:48 PM
This Kid is very talented. I've watched him play this season.

fAeW99jxKFM

Breadburner
12/15/2011, 01:51 PM
Over 55 rushing tds this year....3A.....

Soonerfan88
12/15/2011, 02:17 PM
Danzel Williams should be added to the returning list.

I think they will try for a JUCO RB. Another HS - not sure.

cccasooner2
12/15/2011, 02:17 PM
This Kid is very talented. I've watched him play this season.

fAeW99jxKFM

I like that move he often makes before the hand-off, like he's going to run the wrong way, it seems to get the defense confused. :D

kevpks
12/15/2011, 02:25 PM
Next year I hope that Whaley gets 30+ carries/touches a game, Finch goes to the slot, and the other guys come in for spot duty.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2011, 02:27 PM
Looks like he could play the slot...It's a nice highlight video, but nothing that really says "Holy ****"

En_Fuego
12/15/2011, 02:32 PM
Looks like he could play the slot...It's a nice highlight video, but nothing that really says "Holy ****"

Those "Holy ****" running backs only come along once every 10-15 years. The last one was Peterson. Too bad he was injured most of his time at OU.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2011, 02:38 PM
Every prospect in high schools across the country will have something that looks similar.. Great high school player though.

cvsooner
12/15/2011, 02:44 PM
We're only interested if there's a chance he'll transfer in a year or two.Man. Someone keeps crapping in your cornflakes? Are you this disappointed with everything? How do you get through the day?

nativesooner
12/15/2011, 02:55 PM
haha! Sorry! My computer locked up when I was going to post who the heck he is! Yes, Sheldon Wilson of Anadarko. Pokes and Kstate have shown interest more than once. He's kind of skinny but runs well and waits for blocks better than some college freshmen I've seen over the years. He reminds me a lot of a SE/RB I watched at Lawton Mac a few years back named Whaley but not quite as strong. Speaking of, Dom is doing good so far. And yes I realize we shouldn't sign every RB that loves OU, but this is one of the best in Oklahoma. Ross may be #1, but Sheldon would be top 5. He's also a decent KR, which we could use in the next year or three.

soonercastor
12/15/2011, 02:57 PM
what's the point of having all these RBs? We need a run-blocking capable OL.

oumartin
12/15/2011, 03:09 PM
Man. Someone keeps crapping in your cornflakes? Are you this disappointed with everything? How do you get through the day?

Must suck to have no sense of humor.

NormanPride
12/15/2011, 03:17 PM
Looks a little slow to be a D1 RB at a major university. Good slot guy though...

freshchris05
12/15/2011, 03:18 PM
I'm pretty sure that sterling shepard and that barry sanders jr kid are in 3a too... an nothing has stopped their hype machines... i wish the kid luck, because when i was in school we used to *** rape anadarko...

cvsooner
12/15/2011, 03:31 PM
Must suck to have no sense of humor.No, I have a great sense of humor. One of the things I find funny is with 20000+ posts you apparently have absolutely nothing positive to say about anything.

MikeGundy'sPaperboy
12/15/2011, 03:42 PM
I do not know who that is, but I imagine that he could be a recruited walk on if he doesn't get an offer.

Do you keep up with football in the state of Oklahoma or just the bands?

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/5XMn_B3PEeG-rAAmVebEWg/sheldon-wilson-is-oklahoma-touchdown-king.htm

All class single season rushing TD record, all purpose TD record, single season rushing yards record? No wonder you don't know who he is.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/anadarko-warriors-%28anadarko,ok%29/football/home.htm

Looks a little slow for D1? 4.4 speed. Top speed after 4-5 steps. You're right, he looks like he's running in quicksand.

Please leave posting about football to Badger, she's the only one in your family that knows what's going on.

NormanPride
12/15/2011, 03:47 PM
No, I have a great sense of humor. One of the things I find funny is with 20000+ posts you apparently have absolutely nothing positive to say about anything.

He is positive about his hatred of our defensive coordinator, former BB coach and Nate Hybl. ;)

oumartin
12/15/2011, 03:51 PM
I love Nate Hyble! Gets yer facts straight..

there are no more than 1,500 of my posts that are negative.

nativesooner
12/15/2011, 03:54 PM
Looks a little slow to be a D1 RB at a major university. Good slot guy though...

Heard the same thing about Whaley while Javon Harris was getting all the love. lol! Sheldon does run a 4.4. though supposedly. It's probably a long shot, but I think he would play wherever Stoops wanted him to though. He would make a decent slot guy.

I'm pretty sure that sterling shepard and that barry sanders jr kid are in 3a too... an nothing has stopped their hype machines... i wish the kid luck, because when i was in school we used to *** rape anadarko...

lmao! yeah Darko has been way more bad than good. They are all in the same class. Here are their numbers in comparison...

Sanders Jr
Rushing - 141 att, 1343 yds, 20 TD’s, (9.5 ypc)
Receiving – 16 rec, 315 yds, 4 TD

Wilson
Rushing – 261 att, 3335 yds, 57 TD (12.7 ypc)
Receiving – 19 rec, 371 yds, 7 TD

NormanPride
12/15/2011, 03:55 PM
Do you keep up with football in the state of Oklahoma or just the bands?

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/5XMn_B3PEeG-rAAmVebEWg/sheldon-wilson-is-oklahoma-touchdown-king.htm

All class single season rushing TD record, all purpose TD record, single season rushing yards record? No wonder you don't know who he is.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/anadarko-warriors-%28anadarko,ok%29/football/home.htm

Looks a little slow for D1? 4.4 speed. Top speed after 4-5 steps. You're right, he looks like he's running in quicksand.

Please leave posting about football to Badger, she's the only one in your family that knows what's going on.

Look, you're probably a relative or friend of this kid so I understand the vitriol. The fact of the matter is that very few kids have the tools to make it at top tier D1 schools. I'm sure he's fast but HS 40 times are about as unreliable as they get. If you don't like my take, then listen to step who actually scouts for NFL teams. It's a good highlight film, but it's not amazing. Sure, he could pan out and be a great player - I never said he couldn't. I just said he seems a bit slow for a RB but could fit in the slot.

As for me not knowing who he is, please excuse my ignorance of 3A running backs based off of one picture.

NormanPride
12/15/2011, 03:59 PM
Heard the same thing about Whaley while Javon Harris was getting all the love. lol! Sheldon does run a 4.4. though supposedly. It's probably a long shot, but I think he would play wherever Stoops wanted him to though. He would make a decent slot guy.

Yeah, again I was just looking at that one clip of his so I don't really know how fast everyone around him is. He's pulling away from 3A athletes, so for all I know he could be running a 4.7 and torching some farm boy. ;)

Those are insane stats and should get him some looks. I hope the coaches at least give him a shot because I love seeing in-state kids who WANT to be Sooners come here.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2011, 04:01 PM
I'm sure he has speed but you know every player is a 4.4 guy in high school..I think with his weight being reported at 170 and reported height of 5'10, they will want him to add at least another 15-20 lbs..

NormanPride
12/15/2011, 04:02 PM
Exactly, and if he IS a 4.4 guy AND keeps the speed at 190 then he's awesome and will be a great player. Otherwise he's a slot guy that is a big risk at RB.

He does show great patience and pretty dang good vision for a HS player, though.

freshchris05
12/15/2011, 04:07 PM
Too bad his name isn't Thurman Thomas Jr. then his size wouldn't mean ****

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2011, 04:08 PM
to who?

oumartin
12/15/2011, 04:12 PM
pft, I rean a 4.43 in high school in a pair of worn out Chucks.

I"m prolly high 4's at my age, but I can still do 319 pullups in a row then drop down and do 283 pushups.(one handed)

freshchris05
12/15/2011, 04:13 PM
to who?
the hype machine...

En_Fuego
12/15/2011, 04:14 PM
If he just had half the desire this young man had, It would be very refreshing.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/red1raven/Memorabillia/GriffinOrangeBowlSIAuto.jpg

nativesooner
12/15/2011, 04:30 PM
He may not have what it takes to make it in whatever they call D1 now, but he does have a lot of interest from Poke St, KSU and even Tech. Personally I'd rather he be a 5th stringer in Norman than suit up in Orange! I also know that he'd play his butt off for OU, even if it meant just ST. Seems we need a few more of those types these days...

NormanPride
12/15/2011, 04:30 PM
I miss Q...

cccasooner2
12/15/2011, 04:31 PM
If he just had half the desire this young man had, It would be very refreshing.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/red1raven/Memorabillia/GriffinOrangeBowlSIAuto.jpg

Sorry, but that little guy never amounted to much, he was always either running into his linemen or getting caught from behind. :D

stoopified
12/15/2011, 04:43 PM
I love Nate Hyble! Gets yer facts straight..

there are no more than 15,000 of my posts that are negative. Fixed,I got your back bro

BoulderSooner79
12/15/2011, 05:05 PM
Sorry, but that little guy never amounted to much, he was always either running into his linemen or getting caught from behind. :D

Another problem Q had was he would quit on some plays. He always stopped running right after he crossed the horns goal line - happened a bunch of times.

NormanPride
12/15/2011, 05:24 PM
Another problem Q had was he would quit on some plays. He always stopped running right after he crossed the horns goal line - happened a bunch of times.

I count at least six times in one game. Pathetic.

picasso
12/15/2011, 06:54 PM
I want him. But to play slot, not RB.

picasso
12/15/2011, 07:32 PM
Watch his videos from this season.

LostCreekSooner
12/15/2011, 08:42 PM
Next year I hope that Whaley gets 30+ carries/touches a game, Finch goes to the slot, and the other guys come in for spot duty.

Not sure Finch has good enough hands to play slot. Clay has pretty good hands, just not sure he is fast / elusive to be a major threat???

UberSooner
12/15/2011, 09:27 PM
kid reminds me of courtney tenneil (sp?) a few years ago out of Glenpool. He finished up at TU. I give major props to the kid but at D1, that speed that seperated him from 3a D's is all over the field. I agree about potential at slot but he hasn't really showed that in HS so it would be a substantial gamble. At best, I think he ends up at place like Arky State and at worst Langston. I don't mean that as a slight to Langston at all but they are who they are and yes I know about Whaley. Just talkin statistically.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2011, 11:05 PM
I'll be honest..I've spent the last 8-9 years evaluating college players for NFL purposes...I'm the worst guy to look at a high school player and say anything...Only high school players I've watched on film and been impressed with was Tommie Harris and AD

oudavid1
12/17/2011, 04:02 AM
Watched this kid play in state finals, he is really good, but he is not D-1 level good. Would make a fantastic D-2 running back and any local D-2 school would be lucky to have em.

Scott D
12/17/2011, 07:20 PM
I'm sure he has speed but you know every player is a 4.4 guy in high school..I think with his weight being reported at 170 and reported height of 5'10, they will want him to add at least another 15-20 lbs..

Except in the SEC...every player there is 4.1 in high school and slows down when they get to college as to not humiliate everyone else too much. ;)