PDA

View Full Version : OT-Rumor Mill

jmillerfan
12/14/2011, 07:45 PM
This is how things get started in the rumor mill...I did not type this but one poster is 90% sure it was me, lol. I do post a lot and Jonathon is my son but I didn't post or type these things below and NateHeupel I know you didn't mean nothing by it and I hope you aren't a betting man my honest and humble opinion is things will be back to normal in Norman sooner than you guys think I urged Jonathon to go back and try to get on the team and had been trying to get him back on the team from the day he quit I kept telling him you never know what's going to happen. My kid is a good kid and very humble. The Sooner backfield will be fine and the coaching staff will be fine I think there just have been some things happen over the course of last year that has these guys emotional. The loss of a teammate is pretty devastating to say the least and we still pray for Box's family and continued strength:

regarding what is being said about the slo-mo trainwreck in norman, the father of a sooner player posted this today on soonerfans:

Folks, you may not like some of the things you are about to hear but they have to be said. I have a son leaving this program and have many mixed emotions. It has been a tough road and there have been mistakes on both sides of the equation. I will say that from my experience on the inside of the program that there are serious problems in this program. Please don’t attack me as an OU hater because I have a great respect for this program. The (morale) that I have witnessed is one of the lowest that I have seen in a program. This program is seeing an exodus because the people in charge of this program have forgotten that they have to be able to inspire those around them. The truly great coaches and programs have this ability and it pays great dividends. Yes, the players have a responsibility, but it still requires inspiration. As far as my son goes, I had never seen him have any problems until he arived at OU. It is a tough amd new environment but something went really wrong and unfortunately we may never know what it was. For those that will disagree, the proof will be in the pudding. It always plays out in the end. We wish you the best of luck and hopefully this program can return to the program that we thought it was. P.S. Some of your coaches are not who you think they are.

NateHeupel said: December 13th, 2011 at 10:50 pm
I’m 90% sure that post was Jonathan Miller’s dad. He posts a lot. Miller is the same guy who quit before the season was even over and asked to get back on the team…AFTER the RB’s started getting hurt. The coaches were/are extremely pissed off about that. Kid had a lot of fans in Sooner nation, and still has one in me.

Marcus Trice didn’t decide to leave so much as he was “invited” to leave. Think Darius White. Speaking of which, you’ll have to forgive me if I LOL’d at this comment:

“In other words, OU seems anything but stable at this point, and DGB and family places a premium on stability. I’m not quite ready to place Texas in the lead at this point because Arkansas offers the benefit of proximity and an established offense, but Texas has the perfect family atmosphere the Beckhams covet.”

The same place we got the rumors you mentioned is also spreading one about Darius White explicitly telling DGB not to come to Austin. Forgive me, Shutty, but if an elite WR recruit from the class just two before yours flat out told you not to come, wouldn’t you listen to that pretty damned carefully?

As for UT’s “family atmosphere”…correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t there a thread celebrating how many kids are being shown the door this year in Austin over at BC?

My bet is, was, and will continue to be, that DGB is going to look more carefully at 1) proximity and 2) who’s throwing the ball. I’m convinced that UT is going to be left in the lurch as a result. Tout family all you want. You can have a nuclear missile strapped to your back and superglue for hands, and you can live 5 minutes from your entire family, and it doesn’t matter if your QB options are Ash, McCoy, or a true frosh. McCoy is terrible, Ash needs 2 more years just to get from here to Greg McElroy, and Brewer is a complete unknown at the college level. DGB to Arky is my bet right now, I think we agree on that.

usmc-sooner
12/14/2011, 07:59 PM
if you are Jonathon Miller's dad, I wish nothing but the best for him I enjoyed watching him play for the Sooners. I hope that wherever he goes he finds success and happiness.

if you are not Miller's dad. I wish him the same thing.

REDREX
12/14/2011, 08:05 PM
If it is Millers dad ask him why he would quit after having played and cost himself a year?----I wish him well but leaving at the semester would have been much better

OUNASH
12/14/2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the insight. I wish Johnathon much success and happiness. I also heard on another board that Brandon Williams is transfering ( Done deal) to be closer to family. I hope your right about Stoops and Co. righting the ship. This has been a weird year to say the least.

usmc-sooner
12/14/2011, 08:16 PM
funny thing about here, and it's probably everywhere but some folks would actually eat poop if the coaches told them it was good. Some people would fire fire all the coaches if we didn't beat everyone 77-0 and win a NC every year.

Obviously their are problems on both sides this year. This is the first year I've seen Stoops look like he was lost.

Soonerfan88
12/14/2011, 08:29 PM
Another thing about the rumor mill -- how much comes from other teams negative recruiting? This is a huge weekend for OU with the banquet and lots of recruits visiting. Amazingly, at just this time, it's apparently all over the state of Texas that Brent Venables abuses the players. I've seen a lot of BV hating on this board yet never that so I wonder where it all started? Maybe in Austin or maybe even Fort Worth?

And Mr. Miller, I don't know what his reasoning was for leaving but I hope Jonathon finds what he is looking for.

Sooner in Tampa
12/15/2011, 06:50 AM
funny thing about here, and it's probably everywhere but some folks would actually eat poop if the coaches told them it was good. Some people would fire fire all the coaches if we didn't beat everyone 77-0 and win a NC every year.

Obviously their are problems on both sides this year. This is the first year I've seen Stoops look like he was lost.

BINGO!!!!

I hope this NOT a sign of things to come

PLaw
12/15/2011, 07:48 AM
if you are Jonathon Miller's dad, I wish nothing but the best for him I enjoyed watching him play for the Sooners. I hope that wherever he goes he finds success and happiness.

if you are not Miller's dad. I wish him the same thing.

^^^THIS^^^^

Really liked the way JM was coming along. Best wishes for him.

BOOMER

jk the sooner fan
12/15/2011, 08:40 AM
i really thought this was going to be a rumor thread about an offensive tackle

anyway - i was sad to see J. Miller move on - he showed something when he had the chance, i wish he had stuck around as things often have a way of working out

either way - i wish him all the best wherever he is

NormanPride
12/15/2011, 08:45 AM
Mr. Miller, you've been a class act the whole way and I wish nothing of the best for both you and your son. That being said, please press just a bit harder to get him to come back! :) I miss cheering for him!

jmillerfan
12/15/2011, 10:58 AM
If it is Millers dad ask him why he would quit after having played and cost himself a year?----I wish him well but leaving at the semester would have been much better

I'll pretty much hold the answer to this question and somewhat answered it on other boards. I do think there was a bit more to leaving the team all of a sudden. Number one he has never quit at anything and it was very uncharacteristic. I know most want to start a witch hunt on the coaching staff I will NOT initiate such but will say it had to be something more going on. Whether it was my son or the coach I don't know for sure but something happened. I have researched and got some information however understand I only get one side of the story. Whatever it was that made him give it up was enough to go against something I have taught him all his life and that's to "never quit". I'm a pretty demanding father and this was more like a kid saying look I'll take this *** whoopin from you dad I'm out of here though.

Again this team will be fine this is a fine staff and I wish them the very best. We are still Sooners and big Sooner fans. If you guys pray..please pray for Jaz Reynolds a lot don't know but it's pretty serious and he's a good kid and comes from a good family. Some things are bigger than college football.

NormanPride
12/15/2011, 11:01 AM
If you guys pray..please pray for Jaz Reynolds a lot don't know but it's pretty serious and he's a good kid and comes from a good family. Some things are bigger than college football.

Will do. Last I heard he was out of the hospital... Has he had complications?

Boomer.....
12/15/2011, 11:11 AM
He was in the hospital for about a week before the news broke that he wouldn't play in the bowl game. Hopefully he is doing better.