PDA

View Full Version : Transferring * DT Taylor Bible predicted he would go 4-0 against OU.

47straight
12/14/2011, 07:29 PM
LOLz.

0-2. 4-0. Same difference.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/58467-Taylor-Bible-makes-a-bold-prediction

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/10626/recruit-says-texas-will-win-next-four-bcs-titles

Herr Scholz
12/14/2011, 07:44 PM
Yeah, kids say things. Would've helped if he hadn't eaten himself into oblivion. Of course, Peterson said he was going to OU to win a national title so...

sooneron
12/14/2011, 09:29 PM
and he played for one the first year he was here. Or so I'm told...

Herr Scholz
12/14/2011, 09:38 PM
I thought you weren't supposed to talk about that?

oudavid1
12/15/2011, 12:03 AM
I thought you weren't supposed to talk about that?

The man has a point. But I got 55 for ya!

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/1a/8b/1a8beea105cdc312e32cdf94a4c94127.jpg

IBleedCrimson
12/15/2011, 12:48 AM
Glass house...

WA. Sooner
12/15/2011, 01:58 AM
sounds like MO

SanJoaquinSooner
12/15/2011, 09:11 AM
Awesome. I really do think at least 3 straight titles is possible if GG doesn't go pro after his junior year, and of course if he actually immediately plays like he did in the 2nd half of the MNC. I mean ****, we just need to get the first one and I don't see anyone stopping us with the ridiculous amount of young talent we have brewing. Obviously I have tremendous confidence in GG to be great, but who here doesn't? Bible has the right idea.

Is GG going pro?:excitement::texan:

badger
12/15/2011, 09:15 AM
He also said Texas would win four BCS titles. I think Jimmy Clausen said that was his goal in going to Notre Dame as he was flashing his state title rings.

I wonder if college players realize going in how much more difficult the college level is than the high school level...

Mississippi Sooner
12/15/2011, 09:51 AM
He also said Texas would win four BCS titles. I think Jimmy Clausen said that was his goal in going to Notre Dame as he was flashing his state title rings.

I wonder if college players realize going in how much more difficult the college level is than the high school level...

I know that a lot of them don't, and it seems like it's often the better high school players who are more likely to be blindsided by that fact.

Back in my high school days, I was pretty good friends with two guys who were great high school players for two different schools. One was a defensive tackle; the other was a running back. Now, this was before the days when Rivals and others were assigning stars to players, but both were All State in Oklahoma and pretty much dominated at their positions. The DT went to OU, and the running back went to OSU. Neither made it past their freshman year. In fact, the guy was the defensive tackle gave up before the season even started, and most folks would have bet that he would be starting for Switzer within two years time.

I talked to both of them after they returned home, and they both said pretty much the same thing. Playing ball in high school was fun because they could run roughshod over almost everyone. Once they got into Division 1 ball, and everyone on the field was as good or better than they were, they found that football required the kind of hard work and dedication that they'd never given to the sport. I am happy to report, though, that both went on to lead normal and fairly successful lives.

kevpks
12/15/2011, 09:54 AM
Glass house...

...is a cliché that posters should stop using and replace with a substantive comment.

Curly Bill
12/15/2011, 10:00 AM
...is a cliché that posters should stop using and replace with a substantive comment.

...unless they feel like posting a cliche, as after all this is a message board, and it's still a free country.

47straight
12/15/2011, 05:10 PM
Yeah, kids say things. Would've helped if he hadn't eaten himself into oblivion. Of course, Peterson said he was going to OU to win a national title so...

* fans still got their feelers hurt about AD giving a perfectly reasonable answer to the jock-sniffer's questions.

* fans can't take a positive statement about a place not their own without manufacturing some bull**** about it. Typical response for a * fan or a * jocksniffer, when a RB signs with someone else, is to make up lies about the player's mom getting a job at a bank.

* fans still got their feelers hurt about that 13th amendment that lets high school players in Texas sign with schools other than *. Such a progressive attitude about a demographic with so many minorities.

47straight
12/15/2011, 05:12 PM
Glass house...

Considering that I have neither declared I would beat * 4 straight in the RRS, and further that I have not quit when such a claim was half-failed, and still yet further that neither has any OU player, I'll happily throw rocks.

kevpks
12/15/2011, 05:16 PM
Considering that I have neither declared I would beat * 4 straight in the RRS, and further that I have not quit when such a claim was half-failed, and still yet further that neither has any OU player, I'll happily throw rocks.

Exactly. It makes no sense in this context.

badger
12/15/2011, 05:21 PM
I know that a lot of them don't, and it seems like it's often the better high school players who are more likely to be blindsided by that fact.

I've heard that this happens with top academic students as well when they enter college, that after years of 4.9 GPAs on a 4-point scale, college is expected to be easy for a good student such as themselves, especially after places like OU offered them top tier scholarships to attend there.

I heard it's especially bad at the Ivy league places, where you go from being the top-top-top student to being among a ton of overachievers who are just as good if not better than you. Instead of getting taken under the wing by professors like you were at your high school by top teachers, you are placed in a large lecture hall with hundreds of other merit scholars that are all expecting the same "A" grade that you are. How in the world can you distinguish yourself as the special student you were led to believe that you were when these scholar nerds are suddenly your peers?!

Put in that context, it's pretty understandable how college athletes feel after years of averaging 50 carries per game, 30 sacks per season, threw for 200 touchdowns in their high school careers, etc.

kevpks
12/15/2011, 05:23 PM
...unless they feel like posting a cliche, as after all this is a message board, and it's still a free country.

I guess it is just the English professor in me but clichés are something to be avoided for a reason. We'd all be better served by actually articulating our points instead of relying on tired phrases to do it, even on a message board. Of course it is a free country (another cliché) and I'd never go grammar police on someone, but I just prefer dialogue with more substance. That's all.

BillyBall
12/15/2011, 05:27 PM
Exactly. It makes no sense in this context.

When in Rome...

fwsooner22
12/16/2011, 11:39 AM
Every kid who goes to ** thinks they will beat OU all 4 years. It's just that most of them aren't stupid enough to put it to words. It would take ** to continually take shots at AD's career. It speaks for itself.

The difference between ** and OU is very apparent right now. OU went 9-3 and we are all sick to our stomach and mad beyond belief at how it got away from us. At ** they are coming off 5-7 with a 7-5 and it's OK because they are young, new coaching staff, Freshman QB, Injuries, bad luck, and in general excuses.

I hate excuses. We flat out stunk up the field a lot of the time. I was embarrassed way too many times this season. We were 9-3. It speaks for itself.