PDA

View Full Version : Exodus? I think not

Jacie
12/14/2011, 04:42 PM
Players leave programs all the time and when you least expect it.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-texas-whitetransfer

Texas WR Darius White to transfer

AUSTIN, Texas (AP)—Texas sophomore wide receiver Darius White will transfer and won’t play for the Longhorns in the Holiday Bowl.

White, a former high school All-American from Fort Worth, had six career receptions with one touchdown in 20 games.

White has been given an unconditional release from the Longhorns. In a statement released by Texas, White says he needs a fresh start but has not decided where he will go.

Texas (7-5) qualified for a bowl game this year after a losing season in 2010. The Longhorns will play California (7-5) in the Holiday Bowl on Dec. 28 in San Diego.

or

Headlinin’: Jeff Godfrey bails on UCF, but can he go home again?

Happy trails. According to his father, Central Florida quarterback Jeff Godfrey has been granted a release to transfer after two seasons as the Knights' starter, on the same day he was declared ineligible for the spring semester for unspecified reasons. In 2010, Godfrey — a three-star recruit from Miami who allegedly had offers from Miami, Florida State and Georgia, among other heavy hitters — was named Conference USA Freshman of the Year for leading the Knights to the conference championship and the first top-25 finish in school history following a Liberty Bowl upset of Georgia. This year, he struggled and wound up splitting time with freshman Blake Bortles as UCF sunk to 5-7 despite fielding the No. 1 total and scoring defense in the league.

"It was the right time to go when he started to have lack of playing time," Jeff Godfrey Sr. told the Orlando Sentinel. "He never had any problem with competing for the starting job. It was just a question of whether he would get a fair chance to compete."

Godfrey is free to transfer to any school outside of Conference USA (the Knights' current league) or the Big East (the Knights' future league), a list that is reportedly topped by his hometown school: Miami. Which would be interesting, considering Godfrey was one of the recruits implicated by former 'Cane booster Nevin Shapiro in the sprawling improper benefits scandal that rocked Miami earlier this year, and likely owed his eligibility in 2011 to his willingness to cooperate with NCAA investigators in their case against the U.

SoonerMom2
12/14/2011, 05:09 PM
Thank you! Sanity returns to this board!

IBleedCrimson
12/14/2011, 05:14 PM
I'm not a FIRE EVERYBODY guy by any means, but I think what is worrisome here is the crazy large number of transfers coupled with (alleged) player unrest.

I just don't see the similarities between our situation and 1 random guy from tejas

Jacie
12/14/2011, 05:17 PM
I'm not a FIRE EVERYBODY guy by any means, but I think what is worrisome here is the crazy large number of transfers coupled with (alleged) player unrest.

I just don't see the similarities between our situation and 1 random guy from tejas

White is not the first player the whorns have lost this season, only the latest. I think their count would be four including one of their highly touted QB prospects, I think another was a WR and one from the defense?

oumartin
12/14/2011, 05:19 PM
So, we're like Texas!!! no thanks

sooneredaco
12/14/2011, 05:29 PM

My thoughts exactly. I'll pass on 5-7 and 7-5. Why allow it to get to that point. As in all things in life, at the first sign of things beginning to go south, it's time to analyze the situation and make some adjustments. We are Oklahoma, we in now way want to stoop (no pun intended) the the level of the whornes down south.

Peach Fuzz
12/14/2011, 05:29 PM
Yeah, you didn't sell me with that presentation

Blue
12/14/2011, 06:26 PM

Yup. Some people around here are delusional.

8timechamps
12/14/2011, 06:28 PM
Thank you! Sanity returns to this board!

A light at the end of the tunnel....BUT, it could be an oncoming train.

:)

BoulderSooner79
12/14/2011, 06:35 PM
A light at the end of the tunnel....BUT, it could be an oncoming train.

:)

Nope. Just an 800lb gorilla with a flashlight.

Herr Scholz
12/14/2011, 07:46 PM
We've got some RBs. How about you?

cobrapilot
12/14/2011, 10:38 PM
Her I have two questions for you.

1. Do you have a quarterback who is competent enough to hand the ball off?

2. Do you have an offensive line who can block for them?

oh make that three.

3. Do you have a coaching staff smart enough to figure this out?

I will take OU's rbs over yours yours any day.

TahoeSOONER
12/14/2011, 11:10 PM

Scoreboard

PDXsooner
12/14/2011, 11:33 PM
Herr, do you? I didn't see any at the state fair. Perhaps they were busy ordering fried butter?

webfoot
12/14/2011, 11:33 PM

How's that working out for you?

StoopTroup
12/14/2011, 11:47 PM
As long as you post here....we will always be a lot like fexas.

Herr Scholz
12/14/2011, 11:52 PM
Her I have two questions for you.

1. Do you have a quarterback who is competent enough to hand the ball off?

2. Do you have an offensive line who can block for them?

oh make that three.

3. Do you have a coaching staff smart enough to figure this out?

I will take OU's rbs over yours yours any day.
We outrushed your team by 500 yards this year. Would've been more but we lost our top 3 RBs midway through the season. We were ranked 19th in rushing offense, you were 49th (that one broken play by Whaley notwithstanding - otherwise, he averaged 2.5 yards per against us).

You'll take Clay and Finch and Ross? over Malcolm Brown, Joe Bergeron and Johnathan Gray? Mkay. Enjoy.

freshchris05
12/14/2011, 11:56 PM
We outrushed your team by 500 yards this year. Would've been more but we lost our top 3 RBs midway through the season. We were ranked 19th in rushing offense, you were 49th (that one broken play by Whaley notwithstanding - otherwise, he averaged 2.5 yards per against us).

You'll take Clay and Finch and Ross? over Malcolm Brown, Joe Bergeron and Johnathan Gray? Mkay. Enjoy.
7-5 Enjoy!

ps. our walkon rb smoked your d

Herr Scholz
12/15/2011, 12:37 AM
ps. our walkon rb smoked your d
He had one long run on a blown assignment. Otherwise, 2.5 per carry. I welcome a 2nd shot at Whaley.

And you enjoy 3 losses after being ranked preseason #1.

freshchris05
12/15/2011, 03:12 AM
He had one long run on a blown assignment. Otherwise, 2.5 per carry. I welcome a 2nd shot at Whaley.

And you enjoy 3 losses after being ranked preseason #1.
Your smack is weaker than a bartles and james with a chaser...

Scoreboard bitch

Salt City Sooner
12/15/2011, 04:54 AM

Tends to happen when one team runs the ball 120 times more than the other.

stoopified
12/15/2011, 07:49 AM
We've got some RBs. How about you?Oh really? We return our top 3 rushers,how about you?

Jacie
12/15/2011, 05:19 PM
We outrushed your team by 500 yards this year.

Harvin/Applewhite had to come up with some kind of offense cause your QB's couldn't throw worth a damn . . .