PDA

View Full Version : Lift up my brother.....

SteelClip49
12/14/2011, 12:13 PM
Powerful message in the intro video and as the season progressed to the end of the regular season, the unfortunate injuries, the poor play, the off-field incidents, OU did everything but lift up their brother. The Whaley and Broyles injuries are excluded from this because injuries happen. But the whole entitlement crap, the sharks nonsense, the all-talk from Lewis, poor coaching, poor play...all around....I sure as hell did not see a football team honor their fallen brother. OKLAHOMA is on the verge of becoming the 4th program since Preseason polls started in 1950 to be consensus #1 to unranked. This my friends classifies as the worst season under Stoops.

This is not how Austin Box should be honored.

badger
12/14/2011, 12:30 PM
Meh... I'm not sure I like the idea of making the team feel worse about the season via Austin Box's death. That's not really fair... or kind.

btb916
12/14/2011, 12:38 PM
Badger, your response is too kind.

This post is BS and I would personally support seeing anyone who makes these types of posts banned from this community. Football is just a game. Austin Box's death is real life. If your feelings are so hurt about a crappy season of football that you feel the need to insult a group of young guys who suffered through the tragic loss of their friend, I feel pity for you. Get over the crappy season already. It's just a frigging game.

Breadburner
12/14/2011, 12:42 PM
ASP.....

deweydw
12/14/2011, 12:47 PM
Get over it and have a dream season.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?164275-What-a-year..

oudavid1
12/14/2011, 12:49 PM
It's just a game. Austin was a person.

SteelClip49
12/14/2011, 01:18 PM
Yes, he is a person and football is a game. Two totally different things. But why mention it in a FOOTBALL video then play uninspired for much of the 2nd half of the season? That's not the way to honor someone. Everyone has an opinion. I made a valid one.

sooneredaco
12/14/2011, 01:19 PM
OP must be outside his rabid mind! Get a grip on reality son. Fooseball is a game and fooseball is from the debil.

Box was an amazing human being that is no doubt loved, missed, and remembered by all of his teammates, coaches, and fans despite this unsuccessful season.

XingTheRubicon
12/14/2011, 03:41 PM
The players closest to Austin did honor him...and it probably has nothing to do with anything we know.

SoonerTerry
12/14/2011, 03:51 PM
^that

soonervegas
12/14/2011, 03:55 PM
The players closest to Austin did honor him...and it probably has nothing to do with anything we know.

Agreed, which in my opinion is why it was beyond tacky to have it as part of your pregame intro.....

This isn't a movie....someone's child passed away.

Dale Ellis
12/14/2011, 03:58 PM
Yes, he is a person and football is a game. Two totally different things. But why mention it in a FOOTBALL video then play uninspired for much of the 2nd half of the season? That's not the way to honor someone. Everyone has an opinion. I made a valid one.

No you didn't, you tried to equate honoring a fallen friend with wining a football game. You honor him by "REMEMBERING" him, working hard the way he would have and doing the right things as a person
Let me ask you had we gone 13-0 and won the NC this year yet had players in trouble with the law, or in trouble in the classroom etc. would you have made the same type of post? I think not.

Dale Ellis
12/14/2011, 03:59 PM
Agreed, which in my opinion is why it was beyond tacky to have it as part of your pregame intro.....

I guess each one of them wearing his jersey was "tacky" as well?

TheresOnlyOne
12/14/2011, 04:00 PM
It's amazing that this guy's green and I'm red....

stoops the eternal pimp
12/14/2011, 04:03 PM

Agreed...100%

stoops the eternal pimp
12/14/2011, 04:04 PM
Bottom line..winning football games isn't honoring...How you carry yourself as a human being outside of the football field for the rest of your life is how you honor someone..

Dale Ellis
12/14/2011, 04:05 PM

I guess each one of them wearing his jersey was "tacky" as well?

I'm sure Austin's parents don't feel the same. I think it's tacky for fans to be so dense they can't see the difference between honoring someone and wining a damn football game.

oumartin
12/14/2011, 04:14 PM
OU doesn't win enough anymore to know the difference ! ;)

LASooner
12/14/2011, 04:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svwGRJA28lY

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/14/2011, 04:16 PM

This isn't a movie....someone's child passed away.Surely you know that the Box family was there every step of the way when they honored their son and brother.

I think losing Austin affected the team way more than we even know. It's really easy for us to sit back and bitch about things. Good lord you people make my brain hurt.

soonervegas
12/14/2011, 04:18 PM
Surely you know that the Box family was there every step of the way when they honored their son and brother.

I think losing Austin affected the team way more than we even know. It's really easy for us to sit back and bitch about things. Good lord you people make my brain hurt.

If the Box family signed off on the pregame intro (which by your post appears to be the case) then you can strike my comments from the discussion.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/14/2011, 04:20 PM
Surely you know that the Box family was there every step of the way when they honored their son and brother.

Agree with this also..Showing respect and remembrance for him is a great thing...

I just think that some took this event like it would win OU football games and if they didn't win, it was letting AB or his family down...That's the part I didn't care for.

Dale Ellis
12/14/2011, 04:24 PM
OU doesn't win enough anymore to know the difference ! ;)

Glad this is all funny to you pal.

Lott's Bandana
12/14/2011, 04:35 PM
SoonerFans.com has become one big Emo song.

oudavid1
12/14/2011, 04:46 PM
SoonerFans.com has become one big Emo song.

Great post. Truly great.