PDA

View Full Version : L Dale Mitchell Update

rysooner
12/13/2011, 01:44 PM
Hope the artist's rendition of the new seats, screen and dugouts that is posted on the baseball web site is accurate. Really like the OU behind home plate and the Sooners on top of the dugouts :applause:

Boomer.....
12/13/2011, 01:59 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/m-basebl/auto_vipplayer/7246394.jpeg

L. Dale Mitchell Renovation
On Nov. 16, the University of Oklahoma Athletics Department released the third renovation in the last four years at L. Dale Mitchell Park, the home of home of the Sooner baseball program. The renovation began on Nov. 9 and is highlighted by the addition of two rows of seating behind home plate which will increase the seating capacity to around 3,000.

Demolition of the concrete wall behind home plate started Nov. 14 to make room for the new seats, which will give fans an even closer view of the action on the field, similar to the perspective at ONEOK Field in Tulsa. The new box seats will be placed directly in front of where the wall use to sit, and a new netting will also be installed that will extend straight up from the field to the height of the canopy over the press box. The canopy will also be sandblasted and painted.

The project will also feature the installation of field turf in the foul territory behind home plate and to the ends of the first and third base dugouts. Finally, a mixture of clay and brick material will be installed on the warning track in the outfield.

The last renovation to the facility was finished prior to the 2009 season as a state-of-the-art video board and sound system was installed to enhance the fan experience at the park.

In the fall of 2008, the baseball team opened a practice facility that featured indoor hitting cages and an outdoor practice infield. The $1 million project covers 22,500 square feet of existing ground at L. Dale Mitchell Park and is located down the left-field line adjacent to the Sooners' bullpen.

BoomerJack
12/14/2011, 04:34 PM
Yep, it looks pretty good. I know I'm looking forward to making it to several games this years.

I do hope that there are plans to eventually put backs on the Gen. Adm. seats.

Lott's Bandana
12/14/2011, 04:38 PM
I have a back on my folding chair out on the berm, with cupholders for my brews.

Boomer.....
1/5/2012, 08:47 AM
Video update of the construction:

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/010412aaa.html