PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Rock Center with Brian Willaims tonight?

cleller
12/12/2011, 10:42 PM
Ted Koppel was in Iraq reporting about its future, and the withdrawal of American troops. I thought it was pretty interesting. What struck me most was how up front they were about the trepidation going forward with the removal of US troops. The object of the story was clearly that this will make the whole situation in Iraq greatly more dangerous, and open doors for disaster at the hands of Iran. The story stopped just short of being outright critical of the troop withdrawal.

Thought this was funny coming from NBC. Also conspicuously absent, though, was the mention of Obama's name in relation to the withdrawal.

soonercruiser
12/12/2011, 11:02 PM
They are understandably disappointed that they will have one less story to constantly report on - making one less reason they should not start reporting on how Obama is destroying the country.

diverdog
12/12/2011, 11:33 PM
They are understandably disappointed that they will have one less story to constantly report on - making one less reason they should not start reporting on how Obama is destroying the country.

Brahahahaha. When I looked at your post there was this big campaign sign that said "Put Alan Grayson" back in congress!

soonercruiser
12/12/2011, 11:36 PM
Sorry for you Diver.
There was no sarcasm emoticon....

I would never expect the Lame Stream Media to actually report all the news.

AlboSooner
12/12/2011, 11:50 PM
It was not your typical NBC story with a clear left bias. This was a well-produced story, and a well-researched journalistic piece. Good to see some of the media still acting like professionals.

cleller
12/13/2011, 07:51 AM
Was a little surprised to see Koppel on NBC, after so many years with ABC. In reading up on him, he did a show for the Discovery Channel in 2006 called: Iran, The Most Dangerous Nation?

He obviously knows the Iran situation pretty well, it made his career. To sum it up for those who did not see it, to me Koppel had about 3 theories of what may happen with the troop withdrawal.
1. The country will destabilize either over the Sunni/Shiite thing, or Iranian meddling, and our troops will have to reinvade to evacuate 16,000 Americans working there.
2. Iran will invade the Basra oilfield area, and we'll have to go back there.
3. Iran and Iraq will cease hostilities, and turn against us.

That's what I got, anyway.