PDA

View Full Version : Mike Davis RB out of GA

PalmettoSooner
12/12/2011, 06:26 PM
Mike Davis is a four star (by rivals and ESPN) RB that de committed from the Florida Gators last week and I heard that he was now being recruited by OU. He is the brother of former Clemson RB James Davis. Do any of ya'll have any insight or info about him.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/football/recruiting/player-Mike-Davis-104792

Sabanball
12/14/2011, 02:02 PM
Something tells me he will end up Georgia.

I've seen his film and honestly I was not that impressed with him, when you compare him to other prospects in the ATL area like Kenyan Drake or Justin Taylor--I say that and evidently he's been on our board for a while as a possible fall-back option at FB, even though we have not offered him. There's also the issue of him apparently wanting to be the ONLY rb recruit wherever he goes. Evidently the reason he decommitted from UF was because Muschamp offered another tailback prospect. Now, IF he was TOLD up front in the process he would be the only one taken in this class and then this happened, I can see how the kid might have a valid point. But considering that the gators have as many gifted rb/tbs as I do winning Georgia lottery tickets, I just cannot see this being the case.

PalmettoSooner
12/14/2011, 05:33 PM
Something tells me he will end up Georgia.

I've seen his film and honestly I was not that impressed with him, when you compare him to other prospects in the ATL area like Kenyan Drake or Justin Taylor--I say that and evidently he's been on our board for a while as a possible fall-back option at FB, even though we have not offered him. There's also the issue of him apparently wanting to be the ONLY rb recruit wherever he goes. Evidently the reason he decommitted from UF was because Muschamp offered another tailback prospect. Now, IF he was TOLD up front in the process he would be the only one taken in this class and then this happened, I can see how the kid might have a valid point. But considering that the gators have as many gifted rb/tbs as I do winning Georgia lottery tickets, I just cannot see this being the case.

I know Clemson is recruiting him hard because his brother went there. I do not think he will end up at UGA because Crowell will be back next season and they just recruited a very highly ranked RB. I also am not impressed watching his film. I was just interested to see what other people knew about the kid.

Sabanball
12/14/2011, 09:34 PM
You could be right. It may very well be worth the effort for OU to make a late push for him--with us making a late run on TJ Yeldon and with already two rb commits I would be shocked if we offered him.

Sabanball
12/18/2011, 11:01 PM
With us snagging TJ Yeldon away from Auburn today we will definitely pass on Davis. I still think the dawgs probably have the upper hand for him but with the O you guys run I would definitely go after him--I'd rather not have to face him in the SEC. The kid is good....

Sabanball
1/14/2012, 12:33 PM
BTW, Davis has committed to South Carolina.