PDA

View Full Version : Poke fan I work with said we are becoming the U

nativesooner
12/12/2011, 01:08 PM
A place where 5 star players go to punch their ticket to the league.... A place where players are happy with winning a few games but care more about their draft status than winning the big one... A place where they can be stars on and off the field... :offended:

Should I just go ahead and punch her? :miserable:

nativesooner
12/12/2011, 01:10 PM
BTW, I don't feel this way so give me some ammo to use in rebuttal.... stupid Pokes and their newfound bigheadedness....

StoopTroup
12/12/2011, 01:10 PM
Duece in the top desk drawer.

StoopTroup
12/12/2011, 01:11 PM
Wait for Stanford to send them Home Packing.

BoulderSooner79
12/12/2011, 01:13 PM
Where are all these 5 star players of which he speaks?

badger
12/12/2011, 01:15 PM
A place where 5 star players go to punch their ticket to the league.... A place where players are happy with winning a few games but care more about their draft status than winning the big one... A place where they can be stars on and off the field... :offended:

Players would be foolish to not think about a future lucrative pro career... but they would be even more foolish to not think that being a winner and being a good player both help a player's draft stock.

That said... ask your Poke friend how well their recruiting is going after their dream season... and express your extreme condolences on their most recent defection to a real football school.

Hot Rod
12/12/2011, 01:16 PM
BTW, I don't feel this way so give me some ammo to use in rebuttal.... stupid Pokes and their newfound bigheadedness....

I haven't seen so much bright orange in all my life! I'm constantly wearing shades!

sooneredaco
12/12/2011, 01:16 PM
Tell them they are no better than Boise State, occasional success. They're opinion doesn't matter all that much at the end of the day. They will go back to their sucking ways next year

Peach Fuzz
12/12/2011, 01:23 PM
Ask her if she's going to be wearing her t-shirt for the next 9 years until the next win.

nativesooner
12/12/2011, 01:27 PM
Ask her if she's going to be wearing her t-shirt for the next 9 years until the next win.

lol! good one! I'm not that great of a debater...I asked her how many 5 star players they had... she said that her 2 star RB's ran all over my 5 star defense...Never in my life have I thought about choking a girl... until then... haha!

BoulderSooner79
12/12/2011, 01:30 PM
This coming from a fan whose best player entered with the seniors on senior day, but is a junior. No thoughts about an NFL career there.

SoonerNutt
12/12/2011, 01:33 PM
Go to ONE bcs bowl, and now you are an expert on what it takes to build and maintain an elite program?

:eagerness:

NormanPride
12/12/2011, 02:13 PM
1. We don't have tons of guys drafted all the time
2. We do not have a ton of 5 star guys
3. We do not shoot people or deal drugs, and those that do are kicked off the team
4. **** you, poke
5. Your average poke wouldn't know a talented kid ready to bolt for the NFL if they stole their sheep out from under them mid-coitus
6. Just because our players know how to use the internets does not make them showboats.
7. Being a showboat does not mean you don't care
8. Go EABOD, poke

CowboyMRW
12/12/2011, 02:25 PM
lol! good one! I'm not that great of a debater...I asked her how many 5 star players they had... she said that her 2 star RB's ran all over my 5 star defense...Never in my life have I thought about choking a girl... until then... haha!

Tell her she's dumb because we didn't have a 2 star RB play. 2 4* and 1 5*

picasso
12/12/2011, 02:40 PM

Stupid. This year's Poke team was simply hungrier and slightly more talented. They have just as many problems as anyone else.
Does becoming the U mean having major injuries to key positions? Because that's the real story here.
Enjoy it while it lasts pokes.

SOFSooner
12/12/2011, 02:54 PM
Ask what they are going to do next year, when their qb and top receiver is no longer on campus, who do they fall back on?

Dale Ellis
12/12/2011, 03:10 PM

an aggie giving a Sooner advice on football, enough said.

rekamrettuB
12/12/2011, 03:16 PM
This coming from a fan whose best player entered with the seniors on senior day, but is a junior. No thoughts about an NFL career there.
Good one...and one whose last best receiver couldn't wait to get the NFL benefits and got suspended 10 games his last year.

They kicked OU's arse this year and deserve to get their digs in. Been a long time coming. Just laugh it off and tell them they only have about 355 days left.

CowboyMRW
12/12/2011, 03:21 PM

Academically, he was a senior.

BoulderSooner79
12/12/2011, 03:28 PM
Academically, he was a senior.

So, he's coming back to school next year? :smiley_simmons:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/12/2011, 03:28 PM
4. **** you, poke
MAHVELOUS Post! One of your best!

3rdgensooner
12/12/2011, 03:30 PM
Good gravy, pokes can be so pathetic.

12/12/2011, 03:50 PM
Good gravy, pokes HAVE CHOSEN to be so pathetic.(by buying in to Pokedom Ewe-niversity)FIFY

n8v_ndn
12/12/2011, 04:08 PM
So, 1 single year removed from going 3-0 down the stretch, which included 2 road wins (1 against a higher ranked OSU team), AND beating Nebraska after being down by 17 points...we are the new U.

1 season does not a pattern make.

rekamrettuB
12/12/2011, 04:09 PM
1 season does not a pattern make.
Ya but when your team only wins about 18% of the time in a "rivalry" you have to get your shots in quickly.

picasso
12/12/2011, 04:40 PM
Did anyone even mention the players we had come back this season despite their draft eligibility? Not to mention the amount of studs who came back in '09.

Said poke friend is beyond stupid.

picasso
12/12/2011, 04:42 PM
And let me add to that how badly we could doosh it up like Pokes do and talk about how special Norman is and those players just couldn't leave early for the big money because they love their school and community and blah blah blah horse****.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/12/2011, 04:45 PM
Go to ONE bcs bowl, and now you are an expert on what it takes to build and maintain an elite program?

:eagerness:

This!

Peeb
12/12/2011, 07:49 PM
Any Cowboy fans who already have the 'big head' should be ignored.

Temporary insanity.

EDIT: to be clear, I do believe that we have improved significantly at OSU in many ways, but to suggest that OU has become weak or irrelevant or suspect in any way is just delusional.

prrriiide
12/12/2011, 08:01 PM

Ask her where she buys asprin big enough to fit her head and a tube of Preparation H big enough to salve an *** that big.

A Sooner in Texas
12/12/2011, 08:02 PM
Any Cowboys fan who already has the 'big head' should be ignored.

Temporary insanity.

EDIT: to be clear, I do believe that we have improved significantly at OSU in many ways, but to suggest that OU has become weak or irrelevant or suspect in any way is just delusional.

http://www.brianchalfin.com/images/jokerserious.jpg

Peeb
12/12/2011, 08:05 PM
http://www.brianchalfin.com/images/jokerserious.jpg
Serious.

Rational, thoughtful OSU fans (yes, there are at least a FEW) know that OU was, is, and will be a premier program.

Fact.

5noubus
12/12/2011, 08:09 PM
I guess that statement didn't bother me. It's true Ou produces twice as many NFL drafts than osu. No secret there.

A Sooner in Texas
12/12/2011, 08:10 PM
Serious.

Rational, thoughtful OSU fans (yes, there are at least a FEW) know that OU was, is, and will be a premier program.

Fact.

They are a rare breed but we apparently have attracted the attention of three who have a brain: MRW, NYCPoke and now you (so far).

12/12/2011, 08:37 PM
They are a rare breed but we apparently have attracted the attention of three who have a brain: MRW, NYCPoke and now you (so far).omissions are noteworthy!

Jacie
12/12/2011, 08:38 PM
To rebut this witness, ask her to explain the actions of:

Dez Bryant

And if she has followed football long enough:

Hart Lee Dykes

And if she needs another one:

Dexter Manley

Sooner_Tuf
12/12/2011, 08:57 PM
Hart Lee Dykes was an awesome player. I wish he had come to OU.

One year does not erase 106 bad ones. Especially one that does not include a Title Game appearance. But congrats to the pokes for being semi-relevant for the first time, well ever.

Peeb
12/12/2011, 08:58 PM
To rebut this witness, ask her to explain the actions of:

Dez Bryant

And if she has followed football long enough:

Hart Lee Dykes

And if she needs another one:

Dexter Manley
Dez is self-explanatory, and frankly more than a bit odd.

Hart Lee was a massive rules infraction that resulted in MASSIVE penalties to the program in the 1980s.

For you younger viewers, Dexter graduated from my alma mater, but later confessed that he never LEARNED HOW TO READ. Niiiice. :very_drunk:

Every school has a few shining moments. Those are some doozies, there.

mdklatt
12/12/2011, 09:09 PM
Hart Lee was a massive rules infraction that resulted in MASSIVE penalties to the program in the 1980s.

Three Biggest Lies In Stillwater

1. All our fans are college graduates.
2. We never cheated like the gooners.
3. That ewe told me she was 18, honest.

OUTromBoNado
12/12/2011, 09:50 PM
Ask her how it feels to be playing in the BCS title game. Then, laugh at her and remind her that in their best season ever, they still couldn't play for the Crystal Ball.

In the 11 years since I graduated high school, OU has played in 8 BCS games to OSU's 1.

I hope they collapse like Tejas next year. That would be funny chit.

cleller
12/12/2011, 09:57 PM
Why would you listen to someone from OSU?

MrJimBeam
12/13/2011, 06:31 AM
The next time she gives you her opinion on Sooner football reply, "whoever said women know nothing about football was, well just wrong." Put a wry smile on your face, turn and walk away.

Keller Sooner
12/13/2011, 08:26 AM
Thank her for her opinion and now you must go file it in the "WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION" file.

PLaw
12/13/2011, 08:36 AM
Ever watch Dez Bryant play for about 15 min.? Looks like he came straight out of the U. Blackmon appears to be from the same mold. Look out, we may get an "I'm 40, I'm a man" for that one.

Boomer

Dale Ellis
12/13/2011, 10:01 AM
The next time she starts to talk just turn your back on her and walk away.

budbarrybob
12/13/2011, 11:24 AM
Just say F O B

PrideMom
12/13/2011, 11:49 AM
Having a conversation with an OSU fan is a waste of time. Find something better to do.

MamaMia
12/13/2011, 12:50 PM
Tell her that her Big XII Conference Championship t-shirt will be a valuable collectors item one day, so try not to stain it with her hot dog mustard.

badger
12/13/2011, 12:57 PM
They are all kind of coming out of the woodwork in the Tulsa area, with their Poke flags in front of their houses, their Poke car flags on their cars, their Poke car stickers on their back windshields, their bright orange attire that can double as professional work appearance attire somehow.

It kind of reminds me of hearing about how the ice storm caused people you never knew existed in Tulsa to come out to public areas in order to survive (no power, no heat, roads impassable). Churches and community centers were filled with the scariest people on earth... you knew they existed, you just didn't know they existed in such large quantities in your area. Think "Occupy" movement, where all of the homeless are tenting next to the actual protesters because they can get away with it. Did our city really have this many homeless people hiding out?

Tulsa has many many orange people. Alas, I have to pretend to be one here at SF.com till the Insight Bowl. Can we please hurry up and beat Iowa...

prrriiide
12/13/2011, 03:14 PM
Next time she opens her mouth, say "I forgot...you're a moron and my legs work." Then turn around in the middle of her sentence and walk away.

Or, just tell her that you knew women in the workplace was a horrible idea, and she needs to be knocked up and barefoot, and isn't her husband waiting for his beer?

BillyBall
12/13/2011, 03:16 PM
Never in my life have I thought about choking a girl... until then... haha!

You need to find chicks that are into that thing.

badger
12/13/2011, 03:19 PM
Next time she opens her mouth, say "I forgot...you're a moron and my legs work." Then turn around in the middle of her sentence and walk away.

Or, just tell her that you knew women in the workplace was a horrible idea, and she needs to be knocked up and barefoot, and isn't her husband waiting for his beer?

There is an outspoken, vocal anti-whataeverteamyoucheerfor that I am familiar with that absolutely gives anyone who declare allegiance to any team hell after a loss, coaching move, bad player decision, you name it.

The best thing you can do is not stoop to that level. Just don't talk to them. Avoid eye contact, wear sunglasses and an iPod so they have no idea if they're making eye contact or you can listen to them or not, you name it, just avoid em.

oudavid1
12/13/2011, 03:36 PM
90% of OSU/OU fans are normal/nice/respectful people. This board is apparently the place for the other 10%.

OCCUPY SOONERFANS!!!

Peach Fuzz
12/13/2011, 03:47 PM
You don't even know what occupy means

oudavid1
12/13/2011, 03:53 PM
You don't even know what occupy means

I love your sig.

cantwait48
12/13/2011, 04:07 PM
yeah, I was going to say we really don't get that many five star guys, see usc if you want 5 stars

SoonerInFortSmith
12/13/2011, 04:26 PM
I hope they collapse like Tejas next year. That would be funny chit.

They can't collapse like Texass. That would imply that they have been way better than they actually have been. They would have to collapse like A&M or something.

3rdgensooner
12/13/2011, 04:37 PM
They can't collapse like Texass. That would imply that they have been way better than they actually have been. They would have to collapse like A&M or something.They could collapse like Mizzou.

tm250
12/13/2011, 07:50 PM
Just tell her --my d!ck is not going to suck itself so get busy....

IBleedCrimson
12/13/2011, 07:55 PM
Just tell her --my d!ck is not going to suck itself so get busy....

So witty. You sure ur not an aggie?

tm250
12/13/2011, 08:04 PM
nope, not aggie...I'm a Sooner all the way to the bone except for those 7-5 years and then I'm a Longhorn....

mdklatt
12/13/2011, 08:56 PM
Tulsa has many many orange people.

This is a known issue. They might as well call it East Stillwater. I guess it makes sense that fans with an inferiority complex flock to a city with an inferiority complex.

sooneredaco
12/13/2011, 11:16 PM
I was watching a football game with my 7 year old nephew recently. He just started on a little league team kinda cool... But while the game was on one of the female sideline reporters came on the screen and was talking about some sort of BS. He looks me dead in the eye and asks "What is she doing talking about football? She's a girl" kinda sums the whole thing up for me.