PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Tebow write-up

Peach Fuzz
12/11/2011, 08:53 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203413304577084770973155282.html?m od=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsTop

How can you hate this guy?

CowboyMRW
12/11/2011, 08:59 PM
In a league full of scandals, he is a breath of fresh air. I don't think people should hate him for being a Christian

SoonerorLater
12/11/2011, 09:23 PM
When Tebow was drafted I didn't give him much of a chance as a NFL QB. I still have my doubts about long term success for him but I sure wouldn't bet against him. It was only after he was announced as starting QB for the Dolphin game did I really begin to understand the vitriol that was out there against him. Now I root for Tebow to make those smug, condescending talking heads in the sports media eat crow.

ocsooner
12/11/2011, 09:28 PM
Hard to hate him as a person, but the gushing that surrounds him by the people wanting to make money off his attitude is what makes me kind of throw up in the back of my throat. Kind of like the "tebowing" thing. Really - an idea by a jewish guy in a bar? That and the announcers that love to say his name as many times in a minute as they can.

But, as Philipians 1:18 says - "But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice" So good for Tebow, but don't expect me to say his name a bunch or try to make money off him.

Peach Fuzz
12/11/2011, 09:35 PM
So were you happy when all the Tiger Woods crap was going on? In this time when being a Christian is considered a fault by many, Tebow is a fresh breath. They are going to be 'gushing' over something anyway, why not about someone who is a good person with strong beliefs and morals?

jkjsooner
12/11/2011, 10:45 PM
In a league full of scandals, he is a breath of fresh air. I don't think people should hate him for being a Christian

Good gosh. Nobody hates him for being a Christian. People tire of his never ending need for attention.

Is he a better person than most NFL players? Of course but most other's good deeds aren't praised to no end by the media.

When I see the video of Tebow circumsizing an asian child it simply rubs me raw. For starters, it takes a huge ego to think that some little Asian kid needs Tim Tebow to circumsize him and it takes an even larger ego to turn such an act into a media stunt.

Simply put, Tebow presents himself as some sort of humble person but his actions scream just the opposite.

And if you don't think Tim Tebow has played a role in keeping Tim Tebow in the media then you're a fool. He's given the Boz a run for his money at self promotion. The only thing is the Boz wasn't a hypocrite about it.

C&CDean
12/11/2011, 10:49 PM
Good gosh. Nobody hates him for being a Christian. People tire of his never ending need for attention.

Really? It's him longing for attention? It's not the POS media hounding his *** for a scoop/story? Tebow ain't searching out attention. The dumbasses keep coming to him. Can't blame him - and I'm loving seeing him shut those **********s up. Warms the cockles of my heart in fact.

btb916
12/11/2011, 10:54 PM
Tebow is a pretty incredible fellow. If he starts to lose his NFL ship will sink fast though. Hopefully he can have long-term success.

nighttrain12
12/11/2011, 10:58 PM
He sucks like crap for 3 1/2 quarters and then plays like Superman the rest of the way. That's the storyline of virtually every NFL game he has played.

ocsooner
12/11/2011, 11:05 PM
So were you happy when all the Tiger Woods crap was going on? In this time when being a Christian is considered a fault by many, Tebow is a fresh breath. They are going to be 'gushing' over something anyway, why not about someone who is a good person with strong beliefs and morals?

No, I wasn't hapy when Tiger had his problem. I don't like seeing people go down for their mistakes (unless they wear burnt orange - wait, I'm killing my point). I got sick of the VinceYoung (they treated it like a single name), and everyone else they gush over. There is a lot more to thease teams than one or two players. That's what gets me. If the Broncos were just him, they would be sunk, but they are a 60 something man team, and the rest of the team is ignored. These announcer dweebs seem to want to give it to one guy, and more often than not, the kids watching the games think that's the way those games work.

There is so much more to say, but nobody is reading past the first few words anyway...

jkjsooner
12/11/2011, 11:15 PM
Really? It's him longing for attention? It's not the POS media hounding his *** for a scoop/story? Tebow ain't searching out attention. The dumbasses keep coming to him. Can't blame him - and I'm loving seeing him shut those **********s up. Warms the cockles of my heart in fact.

I guess we'll have to disagree. Tebow has always thrived on attention and you're a fool if you don't think he's done his part to encourage the excessive attention.

Tebow could have easily done is missionary work in the manner that the OU athletes did last summer. But he didn't. He made sure there was a posse of media with him and he made sure he did something that would truly draw as much attention to himself as possible.

Please tell me you don't really think that those kids in southeast Asia really needed Tim Tebow to circumsize them and that you don't think that that was anything other than a media stunt...

jkjsooner
12/11/2011, 11:21 PM
He sucks like crap for 3 1/2 quarters and then plays like Superman the rest of the way. That's the storyline of virtually every NFL game he has played.

And on almost every other NFL team he would have lost every single one of those games.

The Denver defense holds Chicago to 10 points. In overtime they force a fumble when the Bears were already in easy field goal range. Their kicker had a 59 yard field goal to send the game into OT and a 51 yarder to win the game and all we hear is, "Tebow did it again."

Red
12/11/2011, 11:21 PM
The media makes me hate him. I'm sure he's a fine guy, but does he really need cameras to come with him on missions? Also don't really like how he tries and shoves his religion in my face. Heck, I'm a christian, but it's just damn annoying.

SCOUT
12/11/2011, 11:36 PM
I spent a lot of time in the camp of the Tebow detractors. I have officially changed my stance. Nobody claims he is a bad guy so it really is a matter of rooting for him or not. I think I have run out of reasons to root against him. I hope he continues to have an amazing career.

[Insert any of about 100 stories about something cool he has done outside of football here]

LiveLaughLove
12/11/2011, 11:52 PM
I guess we'll have to disagree. Tebow has always thrived on attention and you're a fool if you don't think he's done his part to encourage the excessive attention.

Tebow could have easily done is missionary work in the manner that the OU athletes did last summer. But he didn't. He made sure there was a posse of media with him and he made sure he did something that would truly draw as much attention to himself as possible.

Please tell me you don't really think that those kids in southeast Asia really needed Tim Tebow to circumsize them and that you don't think that that was anything other than a media stunt...

He has stated many times that preaching the gospel is #1 in his life. He wants to reach as many people as possible. The media is using him and he is using them. He gets his message out to far more people through the media than he would incognito.

In fact, he would be sinning in my eyes to keep incognito. You don't hide your light under a bushel.

He will shout his beliefs while he has the pulpit to do so and thank God for him. I worry about Christians that don't ever talk about it. If we truly believe people will burn in hell for eternity then it should be something worth publicizing and getting in peoples faces over.

LiveLaughLove
12/11/2011, 11:53 PM
The media makes me hate him. I'm sure he's a fine guy, but does he really need cameras to come with him on missions? Also don't really like how he tries and shoves his religion in my face. Heck, I'm a christian, but it's just damn annoying.

You would have hated Peter and Paul.

jkjsooner
12/12/2011, 12:32 AM
He has stated many times that preaching the gospel is #1 in his life. He wants to reach as many people as possible. The media is using him and he is using them. He gets his message out to far more people through the media than he would incognito.

In fact, he would be sinning in my eyes to keep incognito. You don't hide your light under a bushel.

He will shout his beliefs while he has the pulpit to do so and thank God for him. I worry about Christians that don't ever talk about it. If we truly believe people will burn in hell for eternity then it should be something worth publicizing and getting in peoples faces over.

Sorry but I don't believe a word you said. Every action of Tim Tebow screams ego maniac.

Having a media posse document your trip to circumcize young Asian kids is not an attempt to bring as much attention to Christ as possible. It's an attempt to bring as much attention to Tim Tebow as possible.

Having a diatribe about how you let your team down after a loss and how you will not let them lose again minimizes the role your teammates play in the game and is quite a selfish view of one's role in a team sport. Maybe it worked or maybe Florida was just a better team. My bet is that there are quite a few players in the Florida locker room who felt a little insulted by Tebow's speech.

Anyway, from my experience there are all sorts of human traits (both good and bad) that lead someone to do things like missionary work. To assume that ego plays no role is simply false and to assume that one's personality (introvert/extrovert) plays no role is false as well.

I believe Tim Tebow is a truly altruistic person but I also believe his ego plays a large role in his actions. It's just that an ego maniac can justify his need for attention with religious motives.

Sooner_Tuf
12/12/2011, 12:52 AM
I'm going to agree with jk on this. I don't think Tebow will hit his stride until he has his own show on TBN.

The kind of people I respect do things for others out of the goodness of their heart not for recognition. I haven't heard anything about Tebow donating his millions. I'm pretty sure we would have heard about it if he had, over and over and over and over and over and over again.

rainiersooner
12/12/2011, 01:52 AM
I hate Tim Tebow because a guy that good looking who can play football in the NFL is not taking advantage of the poontang God would like him to have on account of the whole "saving myself for marriage" thing and that, Sir, is an insult to those of us who can't get the kind of poontang he could if he wasn't so damn sanctimonious.

LiveLaughLove
12/12/2011, 02:12 AM
I didn't say he doesn't have an ego or that he is perfect. He knows he isn't. He doesn't need me to point out his fallicies. I'm sure he has faults that none of us know about.

I don't care for 99% of the televangelists but they have brought more people to salvation than I or you ever will. I'm sure a good chunk of them are only making a living and don't even believe what they preach. But it still gets used for great good. Gods funny that way. He can use any situation to his good.

Tebow is just a man, but he is trying to be a good and Godly man. He is a great athlete with great passion for his sport. His teammates feed off of that. Good for him.

rainiersooner
12/12/2011, 02:17 AM
seriously, he's a real ****** bag.

Soonerfan88
12/12/2011, 09:50 AM
I get soooooo tired of the media hype this guy gets. And yes, he could stop most of it if he wanted. My not-so-favorite was the GQ layout, with his oiled down chest gleaming for their cameras and supposedly my enjoyment. TT may have started with good intentions and may still actually believe he's glorifying God, but IMO, the devil and his ego have taken control.

I wonder how his teammates really feel about all the credit he gets for these wins - especially the defense?

badger
12/12/2011, 09:54 AM
I wonder how his teammates really feel about all the credit he gets for these wins - especially the defense?

The ex-NFL players that are now commentators have really stepped up their efforts on praising Tebow's teammates because they probably remember what it was like to have all the fans buy the QB's jersey, have him in all the commericals, the team promo materials, the kiddo posters, you name it.

If they were losing they'd probably care, but since they're no longer 1-4 and now leading their division and likely headed for the playoffs, methinks they actually are kind of amused by the media circus (and perhaps glad that it's not them)

tator
12/12/2011, 09:57 AM
He gets all the attention he wants and he wants all the attention he gets.

rekamrettuB
12/12/2011, 09:59 AM

Prevent Defense

badger
12/12/2011, 10:02 AM
Prevent Defense

prevail offense

delhalew
12/12/2011, 10:29 AM
I've spent plenty of time mocking "the Tebow", but good for Tebow. If his attitude and success helps somebody, or allows him to continue charitable works, that's great.

In fact, if Tebow makes folks who are openly religious less of a parriah, even better. I dig his winning spirit. I don't think he's a great QB, but his will is strong.

Mostly, I'm indifferent, but I'm sure not going to hate the guy. I'm the last person who should be judging Tim Tebow.

Mississippi Sooner
12/12/2011, 10:43 AM
I hate Tim Tebow because a guy that good looking who can play football in the NFL is not taking advantage of the poontang God would like him to have on account of the whole "saving myself for marriage" thing and that, Sir, is an insult to those of us who can't get the kind of poontang he could if he wasn't so damn sanctimonious.

Tang is a terrible thing to waste.

goingoneight
12/12/2011, 10:48 AM
I wonder how many of these haters are Roethlisberger, Vick or other players' "fans."
Not a Tebow fan here... but not a hater, either. Oh, and the notion that he's the reason why Florida and Dever win is hilarious. He's a small part of it and all... but he's not out there playing the kind of defense UF and Denver do.

EnragedOUfan
12/12/2011, 10:58 AM
As an OU fan, I used to despise Tim Tebow......

But once he became the starter and after I watched this guy turn Denver around, I eventually became a fan. I mean how can you not like the guy? His passing mechanics suck, but yet he still wins games in the NFL....He's running the effin option in the NFL. He's 7-1 as a starter and heck, when he took over, he gave a spark to the whole Denver team. You can see it in the players interviews and you can tell by how well their defense has been performing. He has a positve attitude during his interviews and he's a team player.

If anything, it was annoying by how much the media hyped him up, especially when he was at Florida. But I can't hate on him for that, that was the media's doing...

King Barry's Back
12/12/2011, 11:07 AM

Is he a better person than most NFL players? Of course but most other's good deeds aren't praised to no end by the media.

When I see the video of Tebow circumsizing an asian child it simply rubs me raw. For starters, it takes a huge ego to think that some little Asian kid needs Tim Tebow to circumsize him and it takes an even larger ego to turn such an act into a media stunt.

Simply put, Tebow presents himself as some sort of humble person but his actions scream just the opposite.

And if you don't think Tim Tebow has played a role in keeping Tim Tebow in the media then you're a fool. He's given the Boz a run for his money at self promotion. The only thing is the Boz wasn't a hypocrite about it.

jkj - this is exactly where I have been for the past few years. When we played them in the BCS Championship, the media just droned on-and-on about what a messiah like figure he was. And I resented it, not because he was a Christian, but because he was just a kid and we had a lot of good kids on our team, too, and I didn't see why they should be so short changed.

I also didn't want to hear someone be canonized, at the same time I needed to see a couple of linebackers taking his head off.

But, lately, I am turning in my opinion towards Tebow. I am beginning to see the things the media-fog actually obscured.

I hope he succeeds, and I hope he gets plenty of attention for his play.

But, yeah, I could see his off-the-field piety-parade stepped down a notch.

King Barry's Back
12/12/2011, 11:09 AM

I am with you here. Isn't there anyway he could have honored that "trembling girl" without dragging her in front of the cameras with him?

KantoSooner
12/12/2011, 11:22 AM
I have had the good fortune to encounter during my life several people who were truly virtuous. Some of those were Christians. None of them treated virtue or religion like a competition or a race to be won.
Tebow does.
In that way, he is a *********. And his 'good works' are tainted by association with the mammoth promotion train he has engineered.

rekamrettuB
12/12/2011, 11:34 AM
prevail offense
I think teams will just keep playing the same defense they do and get away from the soft defenses during "Tebow Time".

SoonerLaw09
12/12/2011, 11:44 AM

I guess some guys just can't see past the end of their dick.

SoonerLaw09
12/12/2011, 11:52 AM
I have had the good fortune to encounter during my life several people who were truly virtuous. Some of those were Christians. None of them treated virtue or religion like a competition or a race to be won.
Tebow does.
In that way, he is a *********. And his 'good works' are tainted by association with the mammoth promotion train he has engineered.

The guy is a football player, and you get po'ed because he treats life like a competition? Sheesh.

I'm with those who are of the opinion that Mr. Tebow is genuine until proven otherwise. And, aside from his religion (which I share), he's the anti-NFL-QB who's having success despite all those media dooshes who are continually saying this or that guy can't cut it because he's not the arch-type for his position, etc. etc. ad nauseum. Same people who said Wes Welker would never make it. Same people who said Joe Washington would never make it. Etc. I love it when guys like that thumb their nose at the media establishment and just go out and play like champions.

BoulderSooner79
12/12/2011, 12:02 PM
I don't share Tebow's faith and he doesn't bother me -- I have an 'off' switch on my TV if the media gets too thick. And how could anyone not love what is happening in Denver? (Except Raider fans). Football is an entertainment product and it certainly is entertaining. I have no doubt midnight will come for Cinderellow, but in the meantime, he has led a team to relevance that was as good as dead for this season.

swardboy
12/12/2011, 01:12 PM
http://youtu.be/ZhG-tkQ_Q2w

Peach Fuzz
12/12/2011, 01:14 PM
Some of you guys are funny. Check that. Retarded. You know damn good and well if it wasn't Tebow, the media would be slobbering someone else. Why can't people be happy when the most talked about person in sports at the moment is a good person, does things right, doesn't talk ****, praises his teammates efforts, gives props to other teams for making good plays, etc etc etc.

Remember when everyone was talking about how he will never be successful at the beginning of the season? He took it pretty hard and yeah, he whined a bit, but he took it pretty well because I really don't remember anyone in the near-past that had taken the media abuse he had received and handled it the way he did. 7-1 stop hating.

StoopTroup
12/12/2011, 01:26 PM
Penn Gillette is an interesting guy. I look forward to finding out if he is as wrong as I think he is.

Also, I liked Bob Costas' short bit about Tim Tebow last night and felt it really expressed why I have decided to just enjoy the Tebow Elwayesk type of play that he is enjoying right now. You can tear down his entire performance but if he beats Brady and the Pats the same way he has all the other Teams this year, I will applauded his ability to never give up. He's really got something going on.

jkjsooner
12/12/2011, 02:08 PM
I get soooooo tired of the media hype this guy gets. And yes, he could stop most of it if he wanted. My not-so-favorite was the GQ layout, with his oiled down chest gleaming for their cameras and supposedly my enjoyment.

C'mon, man. You can't glorify God without a shaved oiled down chest photo shoot.

jkjsooner
12/12/2011, 02:21 PM
I guess some guys just can't see past the end of their dick.

Or they have a sense of humor. Or they have really long dick.

KantoSooner
12/12/2011, 02:37 PM
The guy is a football player, and you get po'ed because he treats life like a competition? Sheesh!

Who said anything about being po'd? But, in retrospect, you're right.

The votes are in and it was virtually by acclamation:

TIM TEBOW: HUMBLEST, MOST GODLIEST MAN EVER!

(I think the trophy is kept in a secret vault beneath the altar at St. Peters. Once awarded, a Swiss watchmaker carefully chisels the winner's features onto a statuette of a man on a cross and THE WINNER is presented same by a procession of 13 year-old school girls singing and strewing rose petals. The Pope then declares history and mankind's reason to exist effectively over. The day is entered into the liturgical calendar as Timmah.)

baja okla
12/12/2011, 05:08 PM
I don't know the guy, but he sure comes across as a big self-promoter. Kinda like some people that donate to a cause, but want their name on the building. It's great that they donate, but what is their real motivation? I guess I like the anonymous "good" folks out there a bit better.

Peach Fuzz
12/12/2011, 05:20 PM
I don't know the guy, but he sure comes across as a big self-promoter. Kinda like some people that donate to a cause, but want their name on the building. It's great that they donate, but what is their real motivation? I guess I like the anonymous "good" folks out there a bit better.

I'm sure he's got some evil twist in him ready to launch. If he ever gets a traffic violation, some of yall are gonna be so happy "See I knew he was BS!"

birddog
12/12/2011, 05:36 PM
i've got long dick

badger
12/12/2011, 06:08 PM
I wonder if Tebow being the youngest of many siblings in a large family is why he craves attention so much. Hell, would any other losing quarterback in the SEC title game give an interview minutes after sobbing like a baby on national television? Tebow did.

SoonerLaw09
12/12/2011, 06:14 PM

It's awfully difficult for the starting QB of an NFL team to be anonymous. Just sayin'.

SCOUT
12/12/2011, 11:25 PM
Wait, the good things he does are nor good because other people decide to cover them? Also, since he didn't give away all his money, to your knowledge, he is an egomaniac?

Look, like I said earlier, I have only recently come around on Tebow. Just try to be fair when judging him.

picasso
12/12/2011, 11:53 PM
He's no Ben Roethlisberger.

AlboSooner
12/13/2011, 12:06 AM
Can't wait to see him prove the experts wrong against Brady and bunch.

He's an amazing competitor, and he has pretty good talent around him.

SCOUT
12/13/2011, 12:10 AM
Ben Rothlisberger is no Terry Bradshaw. Terry Bradshaw is no Bart Starr. And such

Sooner_Tuf
12/13/2011, 03:36 AM
He's no Ben Roethlisberger.

No he's probably Jerry Sandusky TNG.

sooneredaco
12/13/2011, 06:07 AM
Can't wait to see him prove the experts wrong against Brady and bunch.

Hate to break it to ya, but if that's what your waiting for, you'll be waiting a long time.

AlboSooner
12/13/2011, 10:45 AM
Hate to break it to ya, but if that's what your waiting for, you'll be waiting a long time.

I know. Even if he beats NE, people still won't give him credit.

hawaii 5-0
12/13/2011, 10:48 AM
I pray I can get the bile in my throat back down.

5-0

rekamrettuB
12/13/2011, 11:11 AM
I know. Even if he beats NE, people still won't give him credit.
Until "he" plays defense, blocks, and catches then I won't give him total credit. I catch myself pulling for the Broncos just to see if they can pull it off again. I would otherwise not even bother myself with the results but the late game heroics won't last forever.

Since71ASooner4Life
12/13/2011, 09:47 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203413304577084770973155282.html?m od=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsTop

How can you hate this guy?

It was fun to hate on him and his team leading up to the 2008 NC game, but this kid is a class act in every sense of the word - he's true to who he is, whether that's your style or not.

The other kid we loved to hate was Colt McCoy, but there's another first class human being. Kind of made me mad reading that article on Yahoo Sports about the excessive hazing he was put thru by coaches in Cleveland. What a pathetic irony - a bunch of losers from one of the worst programs in the NFL are going to make life difficult for a guy who won more games than anyone in the history of D-1 college football. They should have been asking for his autograph.

ashley
12/14/2011, 08:31 PM
It is the media that is responsible, Not Tim. How many stupid people can there be.

ictsooner7
12/14/2011, 09:48 PM
Real Christians don't take cameras with them when they do good deeds.

GDC
12/14/2011, 10:22 PM
Minnesota Vikings, Miami Dolphins, Oakland Raiders and Kansas City Chiefs. That's a regular Murderer's Row the Denver defense has beaten lately. Doesn't matter who the Denver quarterback is.

Crimsontothecore
12/15/2011, 12:06 AM
I am amused at people who act as though Tebow's success in divine intervention. As a christian I have never liked seeing players take a knee, bow their head, and point skyward after scoring or making a good play. It insinuates that God had a hand in the players success. I can't help but think how at that exact moment, somewhere, a grieving parent is burying their child after months of desperate prayer to save their childs life. Somewhere a wife or husband is holding their spouses hand as they take their last breath. Somewhere, someone is getting the news that their loved one in the military will not be coming home. Of course, God can't help those people because he is busy making sure Tim Tebow gets over the goal line to win a football game. Because TT professes to be a christian, some people feel obligated to credit his surprise success to his faith. I do not believe God gives two hoots if Tim Tebow wins a football game or not. He wins because he's a great athlete, is competitive, and has been a little lucky. period. If he were to blow out a knee his next game it too would be proclaimed as "Gods will" and it goes round and round.

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others.

SCOUT
12/15/2011, 12:59 AM
I think Tebow has explicitly said that God is not the cause of a good play or a game won. His kneeling is thanks for his blessings.

I don't remember reading anyone in this thread saying that either.

Peach Fuzz
12/15/2011, 01:19 AM
I am amused at people who act as though Tebow's success in divine intervention. As a christian I have never liked seeing players take a knee, bow their head, and point skyward after scoring or making a good play. It insinuates that God had a hand in the players success. I can't help but think how at that exact moment, somewhere, a grieving parent is burying their child after months of desperate prayer to save their childs life. Somewhere a wife or husband is holding their spouses hand as they take their last breath. Somewhere, someone is getting the news that their loved one in the military will not be coming home. Of course, God can't help those people because he is busy making sure Tim Tebow gets over the goal line to win a football game. Because TT professes to be a christian, some people feel obligated to credit his surprise success to his faith. I do not believe God gives two hoots if Tim Tebow wins a football game or not. He wins because he's a great athlete, is competitive, and has been a little lucky. period. If he were to blow out a knee his next game it too would be proclaimed as "Gods will" and it goes round and round.

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others.

lol you get my stupid post of the day. He's what scout said, simply giving thanks. Crucify away.

jkjsooner
12/15/2011, 01:44 AM
If Trent Dilfer was the QB for the Broncos and he won the games in exactly the same manner that Tebow has won them, would the media's perception been anything close to their perception of Tebow?

If a no-name average QB had the games Tebow had, they would get recognition for late game heroics but the questions about overall performance would be dominating the conversation. There would rightly be questions about why such dominating defensive performances had to prop up poor offensive play for most of the games. There would be questions about why the QB is not at all effective until defenses go into prevent mode.

Most of all, you would hear about the successful onside kick, the opponent's missed field goal, the two 50+ yard field goals, and the game saving forced fumble. In no way would these late game heriocs be attributed soley to the QB play.

In fact, there would be questions about why such a great defensive performance required such outstanding and improbable plays to get a win.

Anyway, the above isn't a criticism of Tebow but despite his statements to the contrary, his actions and body language leads one to believe that he in fact encourages this sort of attention.

I admit, I could be wrong about Tebow but whent he perception indicates that he's an attention whore and whenthe attention seems over the top and not quite rational, you have to understand the itis going torub people the wrong way.

Crimsontothecore
12/15/2011, 09:36 AM
lol you get my stupid post of the day. He's what scout said, simply giving thanks. Crucify away.

Just giving thanks huh? Then why not give thanks for his blessings after throwing an interception? Or after a three and out? I mean, he's still blessed isn't he? Otherwise, like I said, it absolutely insinuates that his idea of being blessed is being good at playing football. Look, I have no problem with a christian football player being good at football but if you're going to put your faith out front then at least demonstrate your thankfulness for something deeper than the ability to play a game. Call my post stupid all you want but I stand by every word of it. The truth is that TT is no more righteous than lots of other NFL players. The difference is that he chooses to use his faith for self recognition and that's self-righteousness plain and simple.

Crimsontothecore
12/15/2011, 09:42 AM
If Trent Dilfer was the QB for the Broncos and he won the games in exactly the same manner that Tebow has won them, would the media's perception been anything close to their perception of Tebow?

If a no-name average QB had the games Tebow had, they would get recognition for late game heroics but the questions about overall performance would be dominating the conversation. There would rightly be questions about why such dominating defensive performances had to prop up poor offensive play for most of the games. There would be questions about why the QB is not at all effective until defenses go into prevent mode.

Most of all, you would hear about the successful onside kick, the opponent's missed field goal, the two 50+ yard field goals, and the game saving forced fumble. In no way would these late game heriocs be attributed soley to the QB play.

In fact, there would be questions about why such a great defensive performance required such outstanding and improbable plays to get a win.

Anyway, the above isn't a criticism of Tebow but despite his statements to the contrary, his actions and body language leads one to believe that he in fact encourages this sort of attention.

I admit, I could be wrong about Tebow but whent he perception indicates that he's an attention whore and whenthe attention seems over the top and not quite rational, you have to understand the itis going torub people the wrong way.

Totally agree. Of course, even voicing this opinion will get you accused of hating Christians. Two days ago I was listening to the Tulsa sports animal and Kevin Ward (morning host) actually said that people don't like Tebow because he lives his life the way the rest of us know we should, yet we don't. I was just floored by such a stupid comment.