PDA

View Full Version : Obama Gave US Drone to Iranians

Whet
12/11/2011, 06:20 PM
Unbelievable, for any other President, except Jimmy Carter and Obama.

Despite repeated warnings from the Pentagon, Barack Obama rejected three plans to recover or destroy the US drone that was intercepted over Iranian territory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kxOwaY107hw

cleller
12/11/2011, 07:18 PM
You're on a roll.

Wonder if they ever thought of a self-destruct function on those things? Probably too heavy. Why bother spying on the Iranians? Maybe we're giving the info to Israel.

hawaii 5-0
12/11/2011, 08:12 PM
Maybe it's the old Trojan Horse ploy.

At night a bunch of Seal Team midgets will sneak out of the drone and toilet paper their temple.

Trump/ Newt 2012

5-0

Whet
12/11/2011, 08:34 PM
They prefer the term "little people."

diverdog
12/12/2011, 07:13 AM
Really. Obama gave away the drone? Did you ever consider what would have happened if the mission failed? Did you consider what would happen if they took US servicemen captive?

Obama has been a good war time president. To suggest otherwise is nonesense.

ouflak
12/12/2011, 08:40 AM
Maybe it's the old Trojan Horse ploy.

At night a bunch of Seal Team midgets will sneak out of the drone and toilet paper their temple.

I kinda get the feeling that they don't have very many temples over there....

cleller
12/12/2011, 08:56 AM
It was made in China anyway.

hawaii 5-0
12/12/2011, 10:44 AM
I kinda get the feeling that they don't have very many temples over there....

I didn't know how to spell Moskqe.

5-0

REDREX
12/12/2011, 11:36 AM
Really. Obama gave away the drone? Did you ever consider what would have happened if the mission failed? Did you consider what would happen if they took US servicemen captive?

Obama has been a good war time president. To suggest otherwise is nonesense.---I would hate for Barck to do anything that would make him give back his peace prize----He is a joke

TheHumanAlphabet
12/12/2011, 12:40 PM
While I have no love for O'bummer, I doubt that he "gave" the recon vehicle to Iran. Why couldn't we blow it up or destroy it prior to "losing" it. I would love to understand how we "lost" it, some reports today cite Russia gave Iran jamming tech. Now Iran says they are decoding the data to sue us.

I am not sure about a strike force to take out the asset, but I fail to understand how we didn't self-destruct it. This thing is so far removed from O'Bummer that he had little if any options once Iran had their hands on it - IMO.

diverdog
12/12/2011, 01:17 PM
---I would hate for Barck to do anything that would make him give back his peace prize----He is a joke

Red:

The last thing we need is a war with Iran.

Whet
12/12/2011, 02:08 PM
The LAST thing we need is 4 more years of the yayhoo Barry Soetoro!

SouthCarolinaSooner
12/12/2011, 02:59 PM
Unbelievable, for any other President, except Jimmy Carter and Obama.

Unbelievable for Carter? Pretty sure Carter attempted to get the "downed" hostages back, don't think it went so well though.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/Eagle_Claw_wrecks_at_Desert_One_April_1980.jpg

Probably a good idea not to go in with a covert or conventional rescue force, considering what happened last time and in the context of the current nuclear situation.

JohnnyMack
12/12/2011, 04:21 PM
The LAST thing we need is 4 more years of the yayhoo Barry Soetoro!

Yes, let's replace him with Newt instead. That'll be better.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/12/2011, 04:43 PM
At least Newt tells it like it is. Though that may not go over so well in other parts of the world...

Turd_Ferguson
12/12/2011, 04:54 PM
Why are those camel humpers hiding the landing gear/under carriage of the drone?

Jason Alexander
12/12/2011, 04:59 PM
At least Newt tells it like it is. Though that may not go over so well in other parts of the world... If you think Newt tells it like it is then you scare me more than he does.

Whet
12/12/2011, 09:11 PM
Hey Jason, do you still have that stripped shirt you wore in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LA4xEDw7mY

Whet
12/12/2011, 09:13 PM
http://youtu.be/kTBq_ybkBmI

Whet
12/12/2011, 09:14 PM
http://youtu.be/wOtGr1JFCnE

Whet
12/12/2011, 09:21 PM
Yes, let's replace him with Newt instead. That'll be better.

If it came down to Barry Soetoro or this, I would vote for this:
http://martinlebrun.com/ml/martinlebrun-10.jpg

soonercruiser
12/12/2011, 11:29 PM
Self-destruct mechanism should be standard equipment!!!!! :cat:
That, or a pre-approved plan to destroy the technology.
How in the he11 can our intel community allow this to happen? I blame them!

But, I do blame the Pres. for not destroying the technology immediately.
But, he seems to have a hands off attitude towards Iran.....just hoping it will all work out.
Another great military setback for our troops!

AlboSooner
12/12/2011, 11:54 PM
Man we have lost our minds. You can't just throw bombs in others countries because our spy plane was lost. You bomb Iran over a drone, and you make sure the Ayatollahs rule for a thousand years.

StoopTroup
12/13/2011, 12:04 AM
I think one of the guys flying it from the Trailer did it on purpose to cause the POTUS trouble or he was given orders to ditch it in Iran to see if we would do a recovery. Maybe the Seals are really bored again. Why bring that stuff Home if we are gonna leave in a few Weeks. The War is over unless the Republicans get in Office next year. They will just buy all new stuff for their next war anyway.

StoopTroup
12/13/2011, 12:16 AM
Unbelievable for Carter? Pretty sure Carter attempted to get the "downed" hostages back, don't think it went so well though.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/Eagle_Claw_wrecks_at_Desert_One_April_1980.jpg

Probably a good idea not to go in with a covert or conventional rescue force, considering what happened last time and in the context of the current nuclear situation.

I know there are some folks who are knowledgeable about the drones and I'm sure that seeing some technology land in the hands of these other Countries is bad but really no worse than watching decades of our Private Sector Technology go overseas because of purely selfish and greedy reasons. We started out selling other countries US Property and then we outsourced our jobs and now they buy off our national Debt and loan us money to keep our Military running. Hell....they probably have all the technology on the damned things before we put them in service.

Folks really need to get a grip. The US Market is over. We are in a World Economy and have been for nearly 2-3 decades. I think it's cute Whet and others think Obama is blowing it. I still get a tickle about Ron Reagan working so hard to tear down the Berlin Wall and now the folks who think Ron was a God want to build a Wall bigger than the Berlin Wall but not maybe as noticeable from space as the Great Wall of China.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/13/2011, 01:31 AM
The Public Sector is on a collision course with America...sadly

sappstuf
12/13/2011, 09:52 AM
Everyone relax.... Obama asked the Iranians nicely to give the drone back. Problem solved.

Whet
12/13/2011, 10:21 AM
That is why we love our President - citizen of the world!

"Hello Achmed, this is Barack Hussein Obama. Let me first say Allah Akbar, I hope you, your family, and the Revolutionary Guard are all in good health. I sure would like to have my drone back from your Revolutionary Guard. We, as Americans, are always prone to making mistakes and tring to bully the rest of the world, including the great Muslim countries. Please forgive America for being so mean to you and the other in this great world. We are a bad people and bad nation, always prone to do evil in this world. Allah Akbar. So, think about my request to your Republican Guard to return our drone. If you wish to share its design and and engineering with China and Russia, before you return it to us, please go ahead. After all, we are in a global economy and we should share all of our state secrets with the others. As a citizen of the world, I want all to participate in my dream! Allah Akbar and thank you"

salth2o
12/13/2011, 10:30 AM
That'll be better.

A blind, one footed chicken would be better than 4 more years of bho.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/13/2011, 10:39 AM
If you think Newt tells it like it is then you scare me more than he does.

Then be afraid, be very afraid...

soonercruiser
12/13/2011, 01:49 PM
I think one of the guys flying it from the Trailer did it on purpose to cause the POTUS trouble or he was given orders to ditch it in Iran to see if we would do a recovery. Maybe the Seals are really bored again. Why bring that stuff Home if we are gonna leave in a few Weeks. The War is over unless the Republicans get in Office next year. They will just buy all new stuff for their next war anyway.

Somebody's been drinkin' again!
:very_drunk:

diverdog
12/13/2011, 06:48 PM
I know there are some folks who are knowledgeable about the drones and I'm sure that seeing some technology land in the hands of these other Countries is bad but really no worse than watching decades of our Private Sector Technology go overseas because of purely selfish and greedy reasons. We started out selling other countries US Property and then we outsourced our jobs and now they buy off our national Debt and loan us money to keep our Military running. Hell....they probably have all the technology on the damned things before we put them in service.

Folks really need to get a grip. The US Market is over. We are in a World Economy and have been for nearly 2-3 decades. I think it's cute Whet and others think Obama is blowing it. I still get a tickle about Ron Reagan working so hard to tear down the Berlin Wall and now the folks who think Ron was a God want to build a Wall bigger than the Berlin Wall but not maybe as noticeable from space as the Great Wall of China.

I swear to God the right wingers will not be happy unless we are at war with everyone.

Whet
12/13/2011, 07:20 PM
Obama loves you! Have you received YOUR Obama handout today?

diverdog
12/13/2011, 10:16 PM
Everyone relax.... Obama asked the Iranians nicely to give the drone back. Problem solved.

Well it worked for Bush didn't it Sapp? re: P3 and crew.

sappstuf
12/13/2011, 10:51 PM
I swear to God the right wingers will not be happy unless we are at war with everyone.

Iran has been at war with us for a decade. They are directly or indirectly responsible for thousands of our troops deaths by designing, supplying, and placing IEDs.

It isn't warmongering to point that out it is just the facts.

If there was something on that drone that we didn't want the world to see, I would not have had any problem dropping a bomb or launching a cruise missile across their border to destroy it.

diverdog
12/13/2011, 10:55 PM
Iran has been at war with us for a decade. They are directly or indirectly responsible for thousands of our troops deaths by designing, supplying, and placing IEDs.

If there was something on that drone that we didn't want the world to see, I would not have had any problem dropping a bomb or launching a cruise missile across their border to destroy it.

No doubt but I am not convinced they knew exactly where the drone was located. Iran is a problem for us just like NK. Both states will eventually fail or moderate.

SouthCarolinaSooner
12/14/2011, 12:23 AM

Things like this happen when you coup a nation, install a ruthless dictator, apply sanctions after your puppet is tossed out, support their neighbor in a war of aggression against them, shoot down their civilian aircraft etc.

12/14/2011, 12:26 AM
I swear to God the right wingers will not be happy unless we are at war with everyone.Wherever it is that you received your edumacation, PLEASE don't let/make your kids go there! kthanks.

StoopTroup
12/14/2011, 12:55 AM
Funny. The copy and paste crew is busy making jokes about people's education that they don't even know. What's fun is you can come in here and have any opinion you want and you twits will take shots at them when all they really say is that a guy could have downed the drone on purpose. Then there was the guy that downloaded all that secure info and the Military and the Media go on a frenzy to put the guy away forever.

What I'm getting at is you imply someone is drinking or someone is uneducated but things that looked like a conspiracy have happened.

Do you realize how stupid you guys look?

Of course you don't because you only exist as a clone on a message board.....the other guy is still trying to sell a PT Cruiser. You can't make sit up like you guys.....I truly do believe that you both are as stupid as I really think you are. The saddest think is....there are some folks out there that probably do get Government Assistance that could survive longer than either of you. If there is another Civil War, you two will be sucking on each other's junk for moisture because you think it's what Cody and Dave did it on Dual Survival.

Breadburner
12/14/2011, 01:15 AM
How did it land intact....??

Sooner74
12/14/2011, 01:31 AM
Breadburner, you don't know? It landed on a one of those fancy smancy mattresses that you can jump on and not spill wine. I know, crazy shiz.

Jason Alexander
12/14/2011, 04:22 AM
Because I don't like Newt you think I'm an Obama supporter? I know it's a two party system but there are better options.

diverdog
12/14/2011, 05:25 AM
Wherever it is that you received your edumacation, PLEASE don't let/make your kids go there! kthanks.

I am an OU grad. Lol

sappstuf
12/14/2011, 06:58 AM
Things like this happen when you coup a nation, install a ruthless dictator, apply sanctions after your puppet is tossed out, support their neighbor in a war of aggression against them, shoot down their civilian aircraft etc.

So we are responsible for their current actions, but they are not.... Gotcha.

We should invade England for perceived or real transgressions they committed against us in the past... We can't be held responsible.. They started it.

Whet
12/14/2011, 07:26 AM
I like The blame America attitudE of Some. it Is as if Someone Just cit and Pasted taling Points directly Out of America coming together, or media matters websites. it Seems some have a Love affair with Barry Soetoro and his merry band of leftists. Obama will be replaced in 2012, whether you like it or not.

SouthCarolinaSooner
12/14/2011, 10:04 AM
So we are responsible for their current actions, but they are not.... Gotcha.

We should invade England for perceived or real transgressions they committed against us in the past... We can't be held responsible.. They started it.
We are responsible for our actions just as they are responsible for theirs. A lot of people seem to think its big bad evil Iran out provoking good 'ole U-S-A (not throwing you in that category, just saying) because "they hate our freedom", or whatever Fox News said. In reality, they and many others hate us because we incessantly stick our dicks where they are not wanted.

ictsooner7
12/14/2011, 03:47 PM
At least Newt tells it like it is. Though that may not go over so well in other parts of the world...

You mean like I was a historian for Freddie and Fannie? How ignorant.

Dale Ellis
12/14/2011, 03:49 PM
I am an OU grad. Lol

damn, I guess they'll let anyone go there. LOL!

ictsooner7
12/14/2011, 03:51 PM
That is why we love our President - citizen of the world!

"Hello Achmed, this is Barack Hussein Obama. Let me first say Allah Akbar, I hope you, your family, and the Revolutionary Guard are all in good health. I sure would like to have my drone back from your Revolutionary Guard. We, as Americans, are always prone to making mistakes and tring to bully the rest of the world, including the great Muslim countries. Please forgive America for being so mean to you and the other in this great world. We are a bad people and bad nation, always prone to do evil in this world. Allah Akbar. So, think about my request to your Republican Guard to return our drone. If you wish to share its design and and engineering with China and Russia, before you return it to us, please go ahead. After all, we are in a global economy and we should share all of our state secrets with the others. As a citizen of the world, I want all to participate in my dream! Allah Akbar and thank you"

and what would that idiot dubya do? Send in troops or bomb it? Getting us into a third war over there and really spiking our deficit.

12/14/2011, 04:15 PM
I am an OU grad. LolWhen I was there, your "Pfhukc America" major wasn't offered, as far as I know.

ictsooner7
12/14/2011, 05:10 PM

Are you willing to go over there and grab a weapon and get in a fire fight? Are you willing to send your kids or grand kids? Of course not, you're just like dubya and idiot rick perry, i support the war from over here where no one is shooting at me, the cowards.

pphilfran
12/14/2011, 05:40 PM
How did it land intact....??

One report that I saw said that when it loses contact with the ground controllers it is programmed to land....so it did...in Iran....

SouthCarolinaSooner
12/14/2011, 05:43 PM
When I was there, your "Pfhukc America" major wasn't offered, as far as I know.
Richard Bastion? Is that you?

okie52
12/14/2011, 06:07 PM
One report that I saw said that when it loses contact with the ground controllers it is programmed to land....so it did...in Iran....

You would think it would be pre-programmed to return to its launch point or some other safe haven.

Turd_Ferguson
12/14/2011, 06:08 PM
You would think it would be pre-programmed to return to its launch point or some other safe haven.Yes, and I'm still wondering why they have a curtain hiding the landing gear/under carriage...

diverdog
12/14/2011, 06:52 PM
When I was there, your "Pfhukc America" major wasn't offered, as far as I know.

Just because I do not want to got to war does not mean I hate America.

diverdog
12/14/2011, 06:54 PM
Are you willing to go over there and grab a weapon and get in a fire fight? Are you willing to send your kids or grand kids? Of course not, you're just like dubya and idiot rick perry, i support the war from over here where no one is shooting at me, the cowards.

Ooh bad mistake. Sapp is in Afghanistan right now. He is not in a combat unit but he is in harms way.

pphilfran
12/14/2011, 07:13 PM
You would think it would be pre-programmed to return to its launch point or some other safe haven.

I have read that it has that capability...it also supposedly has a self destruct mechanism...sounds like to me they had a computer crash and the thing lost it's mind so it landed...

ictsooner7
12/14/2011, 07:38 PM
Ooh bad mistake. Sapp is in Afghanistan right now. He is not in a combat unit but he is in harms way.

So was my brother in law who was in the air guard reserve, when he came back he said no big deal on a base in a green zone loading airplanes. Reread what i said, are you willing to grab a weapon and get into a fire fight? The answer is NO. The bad mistate was yours!

soonercruiser
12/14/2011, 09:25 PM
Yes, and I'm still wondering why they have a curtain hiding the landing gear/under carriage...

I believe that there are 7 virgins holding the drone up in the air behind those curtains.
If any Iranian mechanic can actually fix the landing gear, he will get.............the curtains!
:smiley_simmons:

soonercruiser
12/14/2011, 09:26 PM
Cheers to Sapp!
:very_drunk:

sappstuf
12/14/2011, 10:43 PM

Reading is fundamental..

I would not have had any problem dropping a bomb or launching a cruise missile across their border to destroy it.

That stealth drone was not just a "weapon".. It was a little higher on the food chain than an M4. I don't think it is a stretch to guess that drone was classified as top secret. The loss of which causes "exceptionally grave damage to national security". You seem to think that Dubya, Rick Perry and apparently myself would be idiots to go and attempt to keep "exceptionally grave damage" from happening to our country. I, on the other hand, think you would have to be an idiot to allow "exceptionally grave damage" to happen to our country if I had a reasonablly good chance of preventing that.

As I said before, I would have preferred launching a cruise missile or something like that and reduce the risk to American forces. But in the end, if myself or my kids, your kids or anyone else's kids on this board would have given the best chance of preventing "exceptionally grave damage" to our country, I would send them without blinking an eye.

And those people who are on the tip of the spear who would have hypothetically been sent on such a mission would not blink either to put their lives in danger and engage in a firefight, if needed, to prevent "exceptionally grave damage" to our country.

TitoMorelli
12/14/2011, 11:04 PM
ict's attempts to debate dd or sapp reminds me of something....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_f4Fo_GlfJs8/SJnv1Nh_nAI/AAAAAAAAA4s/WtCXiQlisfk/s400/earl+boykins+shaq.jpg

diverdog
12/14/2011, 11:19 PM
Reading is fundamental..

That stealth drone was not just a "weapon".. It was a little higher on the food chain than an M4. I don't think it is a stretch to guess that drone was classified as top secret. The loss of which causes "exceptionally grave damage to national security". You seem to think that Dubya, Rick Perry and apparently myself would be idiots to go and attempt to keep "exceptionally grave damage" from happening to our country. I, on the other hand, think you would have to be an idiot to allow "exceptionally grave damage" to happen to our country if I had a reasonablly good chance of preventing that.

As I said before, I would have preferred launching a cruise missile or something like that and reduce the risk to American forces. But in the end, if myself or my kids, your kids or anyone else's kids on this board would have given the best chance of preventing "exceptionally grave damage" to our country, I would send them without blinking an eye.

And those people who are on the tip of the spear who would have hypothetically been sent on such a mission would not blink either to put their lives in danger and engage in a firefight, if needed, to prevent "exceptionally grave damage" to our country.

Sapp:

I saw a weapons expert on the news the other day and he said reverse engineering this drone is extremely difficult because the tolerances are so close,

diverdog
12/14/2011, 11:24 PM
So was my brother in law who was in the air guard reserve, when he came back he said no big deal on a base in a green zone loading airplanes. Reread what i said, are you willing to grab a weapon and get into a fire fight? The answer is NO. The bad mistate was yours!

Ict:

Dude you should quit while you are ahead errr behind?

First reread this entire thread and you will see that I am on your side.

Secondly, I am a vet.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/15/2011, 02:58 PM
Sounds like the iranians hacked the drone, reconfigured the GPS coordinates and had the plane land at the new iran coord, not the US base. This seems like something that should have been fixed or debugged long ago...

soonercruiser
12/15/2011, 03:37 PM
Sapp:

I saw a weapons expert on the news the other day and he said reverse engineering this drone is extremely difficult because the tolerances are so close,

Maybe this was done purposefully then...... to draw the Iranian's attention away from developing a nuc, towards making scale models of the drone for Toys are Us!

ictsooner7
12/15/2011, 07:10 PM
Reading is fundamental..

Of course you make no sense. I never said it was a weapon. I never called you an idiot I called rick perry an idiot, might as well throw in bush too. Neither of those two were ever in harms way, they were stationed in TEXAS half way around the world from the fire fights. I know what an unmanned drone is. What I said was - you would go in and bomb it, that would lead to war with Iran. I said you don't want to grab a weapon and get into a fire fight, just like dubya and perry didn't want to. Neither of those two were ever in harms way, they were stationed in TEXAS half way around the world from the fire fights. As for launching cruise missiles, that is exactly what Obama did in Lybia and the republicans say he is leading from behind. They want someone elses kids going to war and getting killed and not having their taxes raised to pay for it. Bush had every opportunity to keep "exceptionally grave damage" from happening to our country and he was to damn lazy, stupid and on vacation to take the briefing titled BIN LADEN DETERMINED TO STRIKE US seriously. Then he took us into war against Iraq who did nothing to us.

ictsooner7
12/15/2011, 07:15 PM
Ict:

Dude you should quit while you are ahead errr behind?

First reread this entire thread and you will see that I am on your side.

Secondly, I am a vet.

I don't see I'm behind. He didn't read what i wrote, he read what he into it what he wanted to. As for being a vet, I don't attack vets like republicans did Kerry.

ictsooner7
12/15/2011, 07:36 PM
The whole point of this thread is once again republicans are trying to blame Obama for something that is not his fault. Blowing it up with a cruise missile or dropping on bomb on it? He turned down three plans to blow it up, how do you know that it would have worked? How do you know it wouldn't have failed and we violated Iran air space that would lead to war, then the radicals in Iran would be in power forever. EVER foreign policy Obama has made has worked out pitch perfect, watching you people try to find something to bitch about is hilarious.

Talking to republicans and their forever changing views to whatever democrats are doing is wrong wears me out.

Turd_Ferguson
12/15/2011, 10:14 PM
The whole point of this thread is once again republicans are trying to blame Obama for something that is not his fault. Blowing it up with a cruise missile or dropping on bomb on it? He turned down three plans to blow it up, how do you know that it would have worked? How do you know it wouldn't have failed and we violated Iran air space that would lead to war, then the radicals in Iran would be in power forever. EVER foreign policy Obama has made has worked out pitch perfect, watching you people try to find something to bitch about is hilarious.

Talking to republicans and their forever changing views to whatever democrats are doing is wrong wears me out.Hmmm...Your posting habits are beginning to look familiar...

sappstuf
12/16/2011, 01:04 AM
I don't see I'm behind. He didn't read what i wrote, he read what he into it what he wanted to. As for being a vet, I don't attack vets like republicans did Kerry.

Didn't you just attack a couple of veterans for being stationed in Texas in the past?

Neither of those two were ever in harms way, they were stationed in TEXAS half way around the world from the fire fights.

Your average Sailor or Airman will never be involved in a firefight regardless of how long they serve. Must not be REAL veterans in your opinion just like service members stationed in Texas...

TheHumanAlphabet
12/16/2011, 10:52 AM
ict rails like an idiot and no one comments on Iran hacking our stealth spy plane...What a thread jack.

oudavid1
12/17/2011, 04:16 AM
damn, I guess they'll let anyone go there. LOL!

A greeat quote I heard the other day from a HS kid, "OU isnt that hard to get into. Its hard to pay for."
I mean sh**, I got in to OU, OSU, and Arky. Sadly didnt get into Tennessee.

Does anyone really believe this thread?

diverdog
12/17/2011, 06:18 AM
A greeat quote I heard the other day from a HS kid, "OU isnt that hard to get into. Its hard to pay for."
I mean sh**, I got in to OU, OSU, and Arky. Sadly didnt get into Tennessee.

Does anyone really believe this thread?

I got accepted to NC, Auburn, Alabama, Delaware and the Citadel. Ended up at OU because it was about a quarter of the cost of the other 4. Plus everyone in my family seems to have gone to OU. We really had no choice.

diverdog
12/17/2011, 06:20 AM
ict rails like an idiot and no one comments on Iran hacking our stealth spy plane...What a thread jack.

Alphabet:

It does look like the aircraft was hijacked by Iran through the GPS system and apparently this is a known problem with our drones.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/iran-may-captured-u-stealth-drone-hacking-gps-030447469.html

oudavid1
12/17/2011, 02:45 PM
I got accepted to NC, Auburn, Alabama, Delaware and the Citadel. Ended up at OU because it was about a quarter of the cost of the other 4. Plus everyone in my family seems to have gone to OU. We really had no choice.

Yeah, my immediate family went to UCO, OCCC, OU, and UCO respectively. My entire family include Air Force, Army, Alabama, Tennessee, texas, Ole Miss, and Kansas State. I tried to apply to as many as I could just to keep my options open. I even considered OSU and applied to texas, didnt get in of course. I mean I wanted to go to OU just because I grew up such a fan, but i decided to goto UCO for just a year and ended up staying there. I will say this, if UCO's football program goes under I will transfer immediately. There are people on the internet who actually say I cant call myself a Sooner since I go to UCO, but I did get in so they can shove it.

diverdog
12/17/2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah, my immediate family went to UCO, OCCC, OU, and UCO respectively. My entire family include Air Force, Army, Alabama, Tennessee, texas, Ole Miss, and Kansas State. I tried to apply to as many as I could just to keep my options open. I even considered OSU and applied to texas, didnt get in of course. I mean I wanted to go to OU just because I grew up such a fan, but i decided to goto UCO for just a year and ended up staying there. I will say this, if UCO's football program goes under I will transfer immediately. There are people on the internet who actually say I cant call myself a Sooner since I go to UCO, but I did get in so they can shove it.

My mom went to UCO before transferring to OU. We have a state senator in Delaware who is a UCO graduate. He is a Democrat and a friend. :pride:

oudavid1
12/18/2011, 09:27 PM
My mom went to UCO before transferring to OU. We have a state senator in Delaware who is a UCO graduate. He is a Democrat and a friend. :pride:

You can haz both? :) jk.

Never planned on staying at UCO. But so far it has worked out. I am happy for now. Always a possibility to transfer.

SouthCarolinaSooner
12/18/2011, 09:34 PM
Good call on skipping el Cid

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/18/2011, 10:26 PM

Talking to republicans and their forever changing views to whatever democrats are doing is wrong wears me out.

you sir, are an idiot. by the way, if you ever have the opportunity to visit with some of our special forces operators, i encourage you to try to talk to them in person the way you talk on this board. you might find me and my buddies down here in oceanside a bit more optimistic about mission specifics and their outcomes :)

semper fi

oudavid1
12/18/2011, 11:06 PM
you sir, are an idiot. by the way, if you ever have the opportunity to visit with some of our special forces operators, i encourage you to try to talk to them in person the way you talk on this board. you might find me and my buddies down here in oceanside a bit more optimistic about mission specifics and their outcomes :)

semper fi

So because you say it will work the entire country is supposed to trust in you with a matter more delicate than most?
We have a commander, and a chief. He is our leader. He made the decision. I trust in him. Not someone I've never heard of.
Also, try not calling someone an idiot as you begin to make your point, its rude and tasteless as well as unwarranted.

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/18/2011, 11:27 PM
ok David, i know you're young and ambitious--to a fault--so i'm not going to blast ya out.

to say that every act of foreign policy that BHO has implemented has worked pitch perfect is idiotic--thus my comment

secondly, my post wasn't directed to you. and you need not for one second try to lecture me on who my commander in chief is. i'm pretty sure that title means more to me than it does to you. i don't care who the president is, i always respect the office--although sometimes there is disagreement with the man. however, my morals and committment to my country is not something that you get to question. having been in the service of this country since you were in elementary school, i doubt you have any real comprehension of what i mean.

as for being distasteful and unwarrented...maybe you should go back and read the man's posts. i never questioned the decision to not send SOG to destroy the done. i simply stated that i had more faith that, had the order to destroy the drone been given, it would have been successful. i'm entitled to that confidence, as i have faith in myself and the men around me.

i know you get a hard time on this board david..some of it warranted, and sometimes not,. however, you bring alot of it on yourself. to question my post with absolutely no knowledge of who i am or what i do, is foolish. like you said, you don't have to trust me over our CiC. I never asked you to trust me, and i wouldn't expect you to, because you have no idea what really goes on in my world. but until you have walked in my shoes, you do not have the right to try to talk to me as though you have some vast world experince. you can live your life talking x's and o's with your buddies. i'll reserve my confidence in my abilities and my commitment to my country to myself.

good luck in your quest to be a football coach one day. hopefully you aren't as much of a primmadonna in the real world as you are on the message board.

semper fi.

oudavid1
12/19/2011, 12:09 AM
ok David, i know you're young and ambitious--to a fault--so i'm not going to blast ya out.
[Thank you :D]

to say that every act of foreign policy that BHO has implemented has worked pitch perfect is idiotic--thus my comment
[But you called him an idiot which is mean, we all have our faults, no need to pass judgment on the messenger in this case(a harmless one), just aim for the message.]
secondly, my post wasn't directed to you. and you need not for one second try to lecture me on who my commander in chief is. i'm pretty sure that title means more to me than it does to you. i don't care who the president is, i always respect the office--although sometimes there is disagreement with the man. however, my morals and committment to my country is not something that you get to question. having been in the service of this country since you were in elementary school, i doubt you have any real comprehension of what i mean.
as for being distasteful and unwarrented...maybe you should go back and read the man's posts. i never questioned the decision to not send SOG to destroy the done. i simply stated that i had more faith that, had the order to destroy the drone been given, it would have been successful. i'm entitled to that confidence, as i have faith in myself and the men around me.
[I pointed out that I respect any mans ability to disagree with our leadership. I may not understand your sacrifice and probably never will, but, also, not trying to lecture, tryin to converse even though it came out kind of ******-y. ]
i know you get a hard time on this board david..some of it warranted, and sometimes not,[most of it I bring on myself]. however, you bring alot of it on yourself[I type as I read lol]. to question my post with absolutely no knowledge of who i am or what i do[You do realize that most people dont know most people when they post under the anonymity of the internet], is foolish. like you said, you don't have to trust me over our CiC. I never asked you to trust me, and i wouldn't expect you to, because you have no idea what really goes on in my world.[But I think President Obama, or at least someone on his staff, does, and in that case as well as others, have earned my trust there.] but until you have walked in my shoes, you do not have the right to try to talk to me as though you have some vast world experince. you can live your life talking x's and o's with your buddies. i'll reserve my confidence in my abilities and my commitment to my country to myself.
So basically, you want to respect you even though I dont know you or anything about you. And its not as much as me questioning you as defending the CiC.
good luck in your quest to be a football coach one day. hopefully you aren't as much of a primmadonna in the real world as you are on the message board.
Thanks, and thank you for your service!
semper fi.

sappstuf
12/19/2011, 12:34 AM
So because you say it will work the entire country is supposed to trust in you with a matter more delicate than most?
We have a commander, and a chief. He is our leader. He made the decision. I trust in him. Not someone I've never heard of.
Also, try not calling someone an idiot as you begin to make your point, its rude and tasteless as well as unwarranted.

I'm the Chief... Where is the Commander?

OULenexaman
12/19/2011, 11:40 AM
I'm the Commander... so who is the leader??

diverdog
12/19/2011, 12:05 PM
Good call on skipping el Cid

LOL

I went my Freshman year then transferred to OU. I wanted to fly helicopters in the Army or Marines. One of the ROTC units at OU said they had a slot and then they saw how skinny I was they turned me down. The recruiter was upset because I got through the worst hazing you can imagine and still did well. I was never a good fighter but I could take a bigger beating than Rocky and still keep going. My TAC officer at the Citadel tried to beef me up and get me to Ranger training. He thought I could make it if I met the minimum weight standards. At the time I was 6'2" and 128 pounds. God is funny because I am now 213 pounds.

ictsooner7
12/19/2011, 12:07 PM

semper fi

No, you are the idiot here. Do you really think Iran is going to ignore the US violating their sovereignty? Just how badly do you want to go to war with Iran? Whose taxes do you want to raise to go to war with Iran? Whose kids do you want to send over there? For a DRONE.

diverdog
12/19/2011, 12:15 PM

semper fi

Better:

I am reading now that they may have been able to jam the gps and forced the drone to land. If this true the Iranians may have already had the drone. I do not think for a moment the President did not think this through. He has made some gutsy calls and has done a good job on being a war time president. I think the draw backs were to many for us to go in. There is a good article in Wired magazine that this is not as huge an intell coup as once was thought. It will take years to reverse engineer this drone and by then we will have something better.

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/19/2011, 02:04 PM
No, you are the idiot here. Do you really think Iran is going to ignore the US violating their sovereignty? Just how badly do you want to go to war with Iran? Whose taxes do you want to raise to go to war with Iran? Whose kids do you want to send over there? For a DRONE.

haha you're funny! talk about taking your argument to the Nth degree. simply put, i said that i would have confidence in our SF's to complete a mission. i'm not a politician, I don't declare war, nor do i institute policy. as far as sending kids to war....read my post, and think about who you are talking to...pretty sure i'm not a kid :)
finally, relax a bit. i think you're too high strung.

personally, i could give a **** whether we went in to destroy the thing or not. BUt as far as invading their sovereignty, i'd consider it " recovering stolen property" :) Fact is, the tech for that drone was developed over 10-15 years ago. ****'em. if they are that interested in old tech, so be it. moving on.

Go have a beer and enjoy your Holidays.

ictsooner7
12/19/2011, 03:04 PM
haha you're funny! talk about taking your argument to the Nth degree. simply put, i said that i would have confidence in our SF's to complete a mission. i'm not a politician, I don't declare war, nor do i institute policy. as far as sending kids to war....read my post, and think about who you are talking to...pretty sure i'm not a kid :)
finally, relax a bit. i think you're too high strung.

personally, i could give a **** whether we went in to destroy the thing or not. BUt as far as invading their sovereignty, i'd consider it " recovering stolen property" :) Fact is, the tech for that drone was developed over 10-15 years ago. ****'em. if they are that interested in old tech, so be it. moving on.

Go have a beer and enjoy your Holidays.

WOW try to stick to a position, first you complain that the President did nothing then when it is pointed out that your "solution" would probably lead to war suddenly its 15 yr old technology that they can have. Which one is it? I NEVER said we couldn't accomplish it, I said what IF we didn’t? I have all the faith too in our military, especially when Obama is making the decisions about when and where.

BTW - they say on here that your in the military if you are - thank you for serving our country.

oudavid1
12/19/2011, 06:50 PM

I stop reading.

CAN WE ALL JUST BE NICE!

sappstuf
12/20/2011, 01:25 AM

We were already "violating their sovereignty".. Multiple news sources state that we are flying drones in Iran airspace.

Leon Panetta said that we would keep flying drones inside Iran even after the drone was captured.

You have already stated that you think Obama has been "pitch perfect" on foreign policy and we now know Obama has been violating Iran's sovereignty routinely for some time. And since you have also stated that " I have all the faith too in our military, especially when Obama is making the decisions about when and where." you obviously trust his decision making skills.

So...

A: You must now feel that Obama's decision to risk war with Iran by continually violating their sovereignty is the right one even when the whole world now knows about it which increases the risk. Or B, Obama has not been "pitch perfect" for quite some time, but you are just now finding out.

I will go with "B" which has to hurt the pride a little, because I can't imagine you trying to defend A. Although it would be fun to read.

sappstuf
12/20/2011, 01:37 AM
Better:

I am reading now that they may have been able to jam the gps and forced the drone to land. If this true the Iranians may have already had the drone. I do not think for a moment the President did not think this through. He has made some gutsy calls and has done a good job on being a war time president. I think the draw backs were to many for us to go in. There is a good article in Wired magazine that this is not as huge an intell coup as once was thought. It will take years to reverse engineer this drone and by then we will have something better.

DD,

they were able to capture this drone intact because they got their hands on older drones and reversed engineered them. Obviously, "by then we will have something better" didn't quite work out and we lost a highly classified drone.

diverdog
12/20/2011, 07:14 AM
DD,

they were able to capture this drone intact because they got their hands on older drones and reversed engineered them. Obviously, "by then we will have something better" didn't quite work out and we lost a highly classified drone.

When did they capture other drones? I had not heard about that.

sappstuf
12/20/2011, 07:27 AM
When did they capture other drones? I had not heard about that.

The engineer was described as someone working for an Iranian team that is engaged in trying to glean information from the drone.

The techniques used to attack the drone were developed by reverse-engineering older U.S. drones that were either captured or shot down in recent years, the engineer is quoted as saying in the Monitor report. The attack also took advantage of weaknesses in the drone's navigation system to spoof its landing coordinates and bring it down on Iranian territory.

"The GPS navigation is the weakest point," the Iranian engineer is quoted as telling the Monitor. "By putting noise [jamming] on the communications, you force the bird into autopilot. This is where the bird loses its brain."

According to the Monitor, the GPS spoofing techniques fooled the drone into "landing" at a U.S. military base in Kandahar, Afghanistan, while it was actually landing inside Iran. The drone apparently landed precisely where the Iranians wanted it to without their having to crack remote-control signals and communications from the drone's control center.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2011/1215/Exclusive-Iran-hijacked-US-drone-says-Iranian-engineer