PDA

View Full Version : T***s Recruits Sitting at LHN Desk--Violation?

Sabanball
12/10/2011, 09:47 PM
With the aggies gone to the SEC now, these guys are exclusively your problem now--you do know that, right?

soonerhubs
12/10/2011, 10:44 PM
Am I the only one seeing the irony in a Saban fan preaching against unethical and potentially unfair competitive advantages?

By the way, how many "medical" redshirts did Nick "the students' education comes first" Saban grant this year? What he runs there in Tuscaloosa is the football equivalent of a puppy mill, yet the lemming fans put him on a sacrosanct pedestal. *Yawn*

trwxxa
12/10/2011, 10:49 PM
With the aggies gone to the SEC now, these guys are exclusively your problem now--you do know that, right?

There are no problems. We are all brothers now. Did you not get the memo?

Sabanball
12/10/2011, 11:13 PM
Am I the only one seeing the irony in a Saban fan preaching against unethical and potentially unfair competitive advantages?

By the way, how many "medical" redshirts did Nick "the students' education comes first" Saban grant this year? What he runs there in Tuscaloosa is the football equivalent of a puppy mill, yet the lemming fans put him on a sacrosanct pedestal. *Yawn*

Are you taking up for the *onghorns and their network and excusing this? I hope not, because if you are, then you really are Texas's little B****. I must say I'm a bit surprised. Go ahead and cry a river about Nick oversigning(which is NOT against the rules and we WILL continue to do, btw), I think if I was an OU fan and i rely on the state of TX for most of my talent I dang sure would be concerned with what T***s is doing more than how many signees an SEC team is getting....

swardboy
12/10/2011, 11:15 PM
Says the bama fan who is all concerned about BIG12 issues....

soonerhubs
12/10/2011, 11:32 PM
I don't care about the education of Alabama's student athletes.

Got it!

BoulderSooner79
12/11/2011, 12:12 AM
No doubt the horns and their LHN will constantly test the edges of what they can get away with. Boren and Joe C. had better be prepared to file complaint after complaint.

Sooner_Tuf
12/11/2011, 12:16 AM
Are you taking up for the *onghorns and their network and excusing this? I hope not, because if you are, then you really are Texas's little B****. I must say I'm a bit surprised. Go ahead and cry a river about Nick oversigning(which is NOT against the rules and we WILL continue to do, btw), I think if I was an OU fan and i rely on the state of TX for most of my talent I dang sure would be concerned with what T***s is doing more than how many signees an SEC team is getting....

Are you on the football staff at Alabama?

Oh you're not an OU Fan and coming here is most certainly optional.

n8v_ndn
12/11/2011, 12:23 AM
This doesn't seem any different from the Sunday night Longhorn Sports show on the local NBC affiliate. The have student athletes host segments on this 30 minute show.

MeMyself&Me
12/11/2011, 01:46 AM
Tejas already gets just about every football player in Tejas they decide they want. LHN isn't going to change that. The problem for Tejas is that there are way more good players in Texas than they can take. LHN isn't going to change that either.

It will effect the smaller sports though.

jkjsooner
12/11/2011, 11:43 AM
Go ahead and cry a river about Nick oversigning(which is NOT against the rules and we WILL continue to do, btw),

I see your moral compass is still broken.

Who cares if some of the guys you sign will never actually receive a scholarship? Who cares that their signature is binding on their part? As long as the NCAA says it's within the rules then by all means F over as many kids as possible if it helps you win a few games.

badger
12/11/2011, 12:03 PM

Yes, because Aggie going to the SEC will suddenly make them feel all SEC and not all HATE TEXAS like they've been for the past 100+ years :rcmad:

You have no idea how obsessed Aggie is with Texas. Whenever ESPN advertises for readers to ask their cable companies to carry Bevo TV, Aggie takes it as a cue to call their cable provider to threaten to cancel if they carry LHN ever.

I know that the SEC is uber weird about stuff already with your Arkansans open records requesting every email they can during a coaching dispute, your Louisianans with your corn dogs and your Floridians with your jorts, but Aggie is about to be the most obsessed, offended, butt-hurt of your precious SEC.

And their offense, obsession and butt-hurt over everything Bevo is NOT going to stop when they start chanting S-E-C with the rest of you.

badger
12/11/2011, 12:13 PM
PS: We aren't Aggies. You are allowed to say "Texas" here. In fact, tons of OU alums live and work in and love that state like its home, but still are proud Sooners. I'm sure you've got some Bammers in Atlanta or major cities in Florida that feel the same about the Crimson Tide.

jkjsooner
12/11/2011, 03:48 PM
This doesn't seem any different from the Sunday night Longhorn Sports show on the local NBC affiliate. The have student athletes host segments on this 30 minute show.

Yep, but those shows are not owned and operated by the university. As far as the NCAA is concerned there's a big difference.

jkjsooner
12/11/2011, 03:59 PM
Yes, because Aggie going to the SEC will suddenly make them feel all SEC and not all HATE TEXAS like they've been for the past 100+ years :rcmad:

Yep, Aggie will still hate Texas. What will change is that in 10 to 20 years Aggies will have their entire self worth tied to what other teams in the SEC do and they'll be convinced that they would dominate whatever conference OU and UT are in. They will have forgotten that for the last 10 years of their existence in the Big 12 they were mediocre at best.

Basically, it will be Arkansas all over again. Arkansas sorta forgets that they were a mediocre SWC team outside of a stretch way back in the 1960's and a cuple of years in the late '80s when the SWC was really down. They think getting their a$$ handed to them in the SEC somehow makes them a better program.

Sorry A&M and Arkansas. You suck and you've always sucked. You are and will always be Texas' little brother. Now you're also Alabama and LSU's little brothers as well.

Jacie
12/11/2011, 06:31 PM
Tejas already gets just about every football player in Tejas they decide they want. LHN isn't going to change that. The problem for Tejas is that there are way more good players in Texas than they can take. LHN isn't going to change that either.

It will effect the smaller sports though.

Lord help me but I am sticking up for Mack Brown on this one.

If he had the morals of Nick Saban, there would not be way more good players in the state of Texas than the whorns could take. Give scholarships to, yes, but take no . . .

8timechamps
12/11/2011, 06:34 PM

Losing A&M to the SEC didn't cause any shift in the Big XII hierarchy, we'd hate the whorns just as much if they were in the FCS.

47straight
12/12/2011, 02:51 PM
Texas recruits sitting at the LHN are sure enough a violation.

Sabanball is correct. Thank you for pointing it out.

Herr Scholz
12/12/2011, 07:49 PM
So somebody takes a camera phone shot (not a broadcast) on TLN set and it's a violation? Umm, no. I liked the one of Mario Edwards flashing the hookem sign though.

SoonerMarkVA
12/12/2011, 09:55 PM
No doubt the horns and their LHN will constantly test the edges of what they can get away with. Boren and Joe C. had better be prepared to file complaint after complaint.

Yes, they better, because obviously the "otherwise we will leave" tack is off the table.

soonerhubs
12/13/2011, 12:04 PM
So somebody takes a camera phone shot (not a broadcast) on TLN set and it's a violation? Umm, no. I liked the one of Mario Edwards flashing the hookem sign though.

The LHN has done lost their priorities! Doesn't a program director know that the only way to really get good recruits is to promise the moon to more passengers than there are seats?

SoonerTerry
12/13/2011, 01:36 PM
I hope not, because if you are, then you really are Texas's little B****. ....

not cool man.... not cool

SoonerTerry
12/13/2011, 01:37 PM

You have no idea how obsessed Aggie is with Texas. Whenever ESPN advertises for readers to ask their cable companies to carry Bevo TV, Aggie takes it as a cue to call their cable provider to threaten to cancel if they carry LHN ever.

I know that the SEC is uber weird about stuff already with your Arkansans open records requesting every email they can during a coaching dispute, your Louisianans with your corn dogs and your Floridians with your jorts, but Aggie is about to be the most obsessed, offended, butt-hurt of your precious SEC.

And their offense, obsession and butt-hurt over everything Bevo is NOT going to stop when they start chanting S-E-C with the rest of you.

SPEK x100

Bourbon St Sooner
12/13/2011, 03:42 PM

So aggie doesn't recruit in the state of texass anymore?

Actually, what aggie lost is any leverage they have to do something about this. Remember, Keep your friends close but your enemies closer? We do.

OU_Sooners75
12/13/2011, 04:27 PM

Oversigning may not be against the rules...but it definitely should be...considering you are only allowed 25 scholarships a year.

That said, I think the NCAA should do something to curb the over signing by any team! Something like changing the rules to something about a Scholarhip is unavailable, if given to any player, until the student-athlete graduates, or has been on scholarship for a total of 4 years (8 semesters). If Player transfers or leaves for the NFL early, then the scholarship is unavailable until the player was due to graduate or 4 years from the time they were awarded the scholarship.

Yes, this would effect everyone, but it would effect the teams that use scholarships like candy or that over sign recruits to get around the rules.

Also Medical Redshirts need to be approved by the NCAA on a case to case basis!

Like I said, it may not be against the rules, but it is skirting the ethical side of things and even the rules themselves.

That is okay though...when graduation rates start to come in for Saban, then scholarships could be affected anyway.