View Full Version : Urgent Message from the Troops

MR2-Sooner86
12/10/2011, 06:42 PM
Will you listen to them?

FYxPkKGeVKI

cleller
12/10/2011, 06:58 PM
Ron Paul has two fatal flaws:
1. He does not think the government should pay for everything you need: Democrats out
2. He does not let one segment of his party dictate his platform: Republicans out

StoopTroup
12/10/2011, 07:24 PM
I just wrote Romney a Check for $103,000 to settle the score.

bigfatjerk
12/10/2011, 10:19 PM
Ron Paul has two fatal flaws:
1. He does not think the government should pay for everything you need: Democrats out
2. He does not let one segment of his party dictate his platform: Republicans out

I would think this was more a positive. Why would anyone want republicans or democrats for that matter to continue to dictate the platform of today. Look at the disaster it's leading us to right now.

Also all the democrats want is more money to pay their corporate and union bosses. They don't give a rats *** about paying for everything you need.

cleller
12/10/2011, 10:38 PM
I would think this was more a positive. Why would anyone want republicans or democrats for that matter to continue to dictate the platform of today. Look at the disaster it's leading us to right now.

Also all the democrats want is more money to pay their corporate and union bosses. They don't give a rats *** about paying for everything you need.

See, you are thinking. That makes you different from the average voter.

If the Democrats just had the testes to stand up and say: "get a job";
and the Republicans: "lay off the abortion issue for once"
Maybe something would get done.

MR2-Sooner86
12/11/2011, 06:43 AM
I just wrote Romney a Check for $103,000 to settle the score.

It's a shame you hate our men and women in uniform so much.

See, you are thinking. That makes you different from the average voter.

If the Democrats just had the testes to stand up and say: "get a job";
and the Republicans: "lay off the abortion issue for once"
Maybe something would get done.

Funny because Ron Paul actually is against abortion (delivering 4,000 babies tends to do that), however he's more concerned about the wars, budget, and debt than he is on abortion so it's way down there on the "to do" list. Even though he's against it, he won't ban it as he believes the federal government doesn't have the power to enforce or ban it and must be left to the states.

Also, I know this past week Rush Limbaugh said Ron Paul isn't a Republican and has more in common with OWS than the Tea Party even though Ron Paul helped get the Tea Party going before it became a GOP machine. The fact he doesn't want to go blow up brown people, throw our troops into harms way just cause, and points out our foreign policy isn't sunshine and rainbows like many think it is is the reason many in the GOP are upset with him.

diverdog
12/11/2011, 07:18 AM
Will you listen to them?

FYxPkKGeVKI

MR2:

This video only represents less than 10 former members of our military as far as I can see and it is a political ad. It is not a broad sampling of our military. So it is not accurate to say this is what our troops think. We will not know what the active duty, reserves and guard in the military think because they are bound by the UCMJ, directives and laws like the Hatch Act from being involved in politics.

While I completely agree with Ron Paul on his desires to get out of our wars, end foreign subsidies and getting out of our ruinous relationship with Israel does not mean I support the man. He has stand on other issues have me very concerned.

MR2-Sooner86
12/11/2011, 08:36 AM
MR2:

This video only represents less than 10 former members of our military as far as I can see and it is a political ad. It is not a broad sampling of our military. So it is not accurate to say this is what our troops think. We will not know what the active duty, reserves and guard in the military think because they are bound by the UCMJ, directives and laws like the Hatch Act from being involved in politics.

While I completely agree with Ron Paul on his desires to get out of our wars, end foreign subsidies and getting out of our ruinous relationship with Israel does not mean I support the man. He has stand on other issues have me very concerned.

Yes it's a political ad that only has a sampling of active military but as shown in the ad, Ron Paul is ahead of everybody.

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/at4eded3d8.jpg

Just going off the numbers it seems to me of all active serving military members, he's the clear choice. No, we don't know their opinions, thoughts, and feelings but the fact they're backing this person says something, I think.

marfacowboy
12/11/2011, 08:44 AM
Unfortunately, it's never going to happen. Since the end of the Second World War, our stated mission has been to control areas vital to our "national interests." This includes areas of the former British Empire that are rich in energy resources. This often (almost always) requires military intervention. Outside of a revolution, it's not changing.
I feel terrible for our young men and women that have given their lives or seen their lives changed forever for a lie. The ones that survived deserve everything we can do to help restore some sense of normalcy and productivity to their lives.

diverdog
12/11/2011, 08:53 AM
Yes it's a political ad that only has a sampling of active military but as shown in the ad, Ron Paul is ahead of everybody.

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/at4eded3d8.jpg

Just going off the numbers it seems to me of all active serving military members, he's the clear choice. No, we don't know their opinions, thoughts, and feelings but the fact they're backing this person says something, I think.

Hey I wouldn't lose sleep if he won.

The one stat that really surprised me is that Obama was number two on the list. He has more than all the other pubs combined other than Paul.

bigfatjerk
12/11/2011, 08:56 AM
That's not actually that surprising considering how much Obama's spent to keep the military industrial complex going.

cleller
12/11/2011, 09:17 AM
Funny because Ron Paul actually is against abortion (delivering 4,000 babies tends to do that), however he's more concerned about the wars, budget, and debt than he is on abortion so it's way down there on the "to do" list. Even though he's against it, he won't ban it as he believes the federal government doesn't have the power to enforce or ban it and must be left to the states.

Yeah, I didn't express that very well. My thought was that Repubs cannot get many Dem cross-overs these days, because they seem so preoccupied with the abortion issue. It seems to be a mandate. Can't be a Republican unless you get up and promise to get rid of this. That's not going to fly with the majority of US voters. If you want to win, a majority is helpful.

bigfatjerk
12/11/2011, 12:58 PM
I don't think a majority of the country is pro choice. But I don't think it's a major issue at this point because of all the government spending.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/11/2011, 01:15 PM
I don't think a majority of the country is pro choice. But I don't think it's a major issue at this point because of all the government spending.

fairly evenly split

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/jzdsjk1eqkwd0q_nzrmr6g.gif

MR2-Sooner86
12/14/2011, 10:13 PM
Longer version but worth watching.

I8NhRPo0WAo

SouthCarolinaSooner
12/15/2011, 12:31 AM
Longer version but worth watching.

I8NhRPo0WAo
This is very good, minus ending all foreign aid. Some places we send aid, especially HIV/AIDS awareness programs in Africa, really should not be cut.

bigfatjerk
12/15/2011, 05:26 AM
Most of our money for HIV/AIDs Awareness ends up going to dictators instead.