PDA

View Full Version : Stiffarmtrophy.com predicts RG3 wins Heisman easily...

Soonerus
12/10/2011, 12:59 PM
They have never been wrong since they started 10 years ago...Good for RG3 !!!

8timechamps
12/10/2011, 01:00 PM
Didn't they used to have Heisman in their name, and got in trouble with the Downtown Athletic Club? Anyway, they are usually right-on. I hope so this year.

olevetonahill
12/10/2011, 01:09 PM
Think they missed once way back when
Yes they got told to ditch the Name Heisman

8timechamps
12/10/2011, 01:10 PM
Think they missed once way back when
Yes they got told to ditch the Name Heisman

That's what I figgured'.

I think the guy that runs the site contacts as many of the voters as he can (and the ones that will tell him how they voted).

Soonerus
12/10/2011, 01:14 PM
They claim on their site they are 9 for 9...

badger
12/10/2011, 01:29 PM
I think that a Baylor winner is seen as non-threatening to other programs.

The SEC, while loyal to itself, is also threatened by itself. Past Florida and Auburn and Georgia winners see the Bammer program rising again and probably don't like the idea of another Bammer Heisman so close the previous one. And I think they probably are as annoyed with LSU and their fanbase as the rest of us.

Ohio State's winners probably would vote for themselves, but definitely not for Michigan... or any other program that threatens its status as top Big Ten dawg. This year? Fluke. They fully expect to be dominating and winning Heismans and other college awards next season with Urbie.

USC probably is feeling very threatened in the new Pac 12, with the rise of Oregon and the possibility of new competition emerging, so of course they're not going to let Stanford have any excuse to steal top quarterback recruits. John Elway's old, but Andrew Luck could be another John Elway. Pass.

The Big 12 itself is not threatened by Baylor, nor is any other conference's voters. It's a feel-good story for media voters. Bawwww, widdle Bay-wer has a good player that isn't a punter. It's soooo kewt that Bay-wer is winning. Let me pat you on the head, you cute widdle bear.

Thus, there's really no other choice. Wisconsin's Montee Ball would have had a better chance if they hyped him earlier.

olevetonahill
12/10/2011, 01:29 PM

Yer right I misread My Bad
http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/

8timechamps
12/10/2011, 01:36 PM
I think that a Baylor winner is seen as non-threatening to other programs.

The SEC, while loyal to itself, is also threatened by itself. Past Florida and Auburn and Georgia winners see the Bammer program rising again and probably don't like the idea of another Bammer Heisman so close the previous one. And I think they probably are as annoyed with LSU and their fanbase as the rest of us.

Ohio State's winners probably would vote for themselves, but definitely not for Michigan... or any other program that threatens its status as top Big Ten dawg. This year? Fluke. They fully expect to be dominating and winning Heismans and other college awards next season with Urbie.

USC probably is feeling very threatened in the new Pac 12, with the rise of Oregon and the possibility of new competition emerging, so of course they're not going to let Stanford have any excuse to steal top quarterback recruits. John Elway's old, but Andrew Luck could be another John Elway. Pass.

The Big 12 itself is not threatened by Baylor, nor is any other conference's voters. It's a feel-good story for media voters. Bawwww, widdle Bay-wer has a good player that isn't a punter. It's soooo kewt that Bay-wer is winning. Let me pat you on the head, you cute widdle bear.

Thus, there's really no other choice. Wisconsin's Montee Ball would have had a better chance if they hyped him earlier.

I could be wrong, but it seems like a lot of voters vote their region. Which, in some years hurts some candidates because two guys may be in the same region. This year though, there really only seems to be a couple of legitimate candidates (RG3 and Luck). So, it'll be interesting to see how the southeast and great lakes vote. But, I suspect you're right about Ball, he'll probably get some votes from the Big 10 loyalist, but the hype was slow in coming with him.

prrriiide
12/10/2011, 04:29 PM
As well he should. Without RG3, Da Bears have a losing season. He doesn't have near the team around him that Luck does.

OU-HSV
12/10/2011, 05:17 PM
Although he has made some interesting comments a few times in his time at Baylor, and some of us may not care for his personality. I must admit RG3 deserves it. And the games I watched of his this year he was nailing even the deep passes. He had a big year and I think he deserves it based on his performance this year and based on how important he is to his team, he's a playmaker.

allanace16
12/10/2011, 05:31 PM
Although he has made some interesting comments a few times in his time at Baylor, and some of us may not care for his personality. I must admit RG3 deserves it. And the games I watched of his this year he was nailing even the deep passes. He had a big year and I think he deserves it based on his performance this year and based on how important he is to his team, he's a playmaker.

I'm curious to what you're referring to there. I can't think of anything RG3 has said that made him seem like anything but a classy individual. And he definitely deserves this award.

yermom
12/10/2011, 06:30 PM
I'm curious to what you're referring to there. I can't think of anything RG3 has said that made him seem like anything but a classy individual. And he definitely deserves this award.

"I think Baylor one their first Heisman tonight" is one i remember

not that he was wrong, most likely :O

StoopTroup
12/10/2011, 06:39 PM

At what? lol

Soonerus
12/10/2011, 06:40 PM
I think RG3 is the best choice and I am happy for Baylor...

Soonerus
12/10/2011, 06:42 PM
At what? lol

Projected the last 9 winners accurately prior to the official announcement...duh...

olevetonahill
12/10/2011, 06:46 PM
Please Lord dont let that Bama kid win it
Id hate to have to try and listen to him make a speech .:cower:

StoopTroup
12/10/2011, 06:53 PM

I don't like who he made fun of the Federal Arts project. :D ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGkPqlwXl2A&feature=related

SicEmBaylor
12/10/2011, 07:00 PM
"I think Baylor one their first Heisman tonight" is one i remember

not that he was wrong, most likely :O

Context is everything with this quote. Prior to the game, he had been asked (and the media kept repeating) the question whether or not someone from Baylor could win the Heisman. After the game, he said that he thought Baylor could and just did. He was giving credit to his team as a whole that, yes, Baylor can compete and can win something like the Heisman trophy.

RGIII has always been nothing but class. He lost his temper that one time at OSU but Griffin is truly a class act, an absolute stand up individual, and someone that kids can look to as a legitimate role model.

He's never been in trouble with the law. There has never even been a hint that he does drugs. He has never been in trouble with the law or arrested. He's never had personal conduct issues on the team. He's only a true scholar who does a ton of volunteer work in the community and works hard to draw Joe Waco into the games.

There are not a lot of things to hate about RGIII and any hate throw his way is either homerism, jealousy, envy, or some combo of those three.

Soonerus
12/10/2011, 07:02 PM
He seems like a good kid...

StoopTroup
12/10/2011, 07:43 PM
I don't like his hair or that SicEm little beard on his chin.

C&CDean
12/10/2011, 07:44 PM
Context is everything with this quote. Prior to the game, he had been asked (and the media kept repeating) the question whether or not someone from Baylor could win the Heisman. After the game, he said that he thought Baylor could and just did. He was giving credit to his team as a whole that, yes, Baylor can compete and can win something like the Heisman trophy.

RGIII has always been nothing but class. He lost his temper that one time at OSU but Griffin is truly a class act, an absolute stand up individual, and someone that kids can look to as a legitimate role model.

He's never been in trouble with the law. There has never even been a hint that he does drugs. He has never been in trouble with the law or arrested. He's never had personal conduct issues on the team. He's only a true scholar who does a ton of volunteer work in the community and works hard to draw Joe Waco into the games.

There are not a lot of things to hate about RGIII and any hate throw his way is either homerism, jealousy, envy, or some combo of those three.

So, what I'm hearing is that you're having his baby...

I hope the kid gets it all. He's well-spoken (that means he talks like he be white), he ugly (that means he really is an ugly mother****er), and he damn sure a bad muh****ah on the field (that means he's a fine-assed football talent).

I like the kid. Hope he makes it HUGE. He's earned it.

SicEmBaylor
12/10/2011, 07:45 PM
I don't like his hair or that SicEm little beard on his chin.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_los34vzaXS1qg2mip.gif

SicEmBaylor
12/10/2011, 07:45 PM
So, what I'm hearing is that you're having his baby...

I hope the kid gets it all. He's well-spoken (that means he talks like he be white), he ugly (that means he really is an ugly mother****er), and he damn sure a bad muh****ah on the field (that means he's a fine-assed football talent).

I like the kid. Hope he makes it HUGE. He's earned it.

I have never loved such a large black man like I love RGIII.

StoopTroup
12/10/2011, 07:47 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_los34vzaXS1qg2mip.gif

No it's not. I don't see race. I see Americans.

C&CDean
12/10/2011, 07:48 PM
In all honesty Froston, he's not very large. I take bigger ****s than him. And I'm only 5' 10".

Oh. You meant "LARGE"

I'll leave that one alone.

StoopTroup
12/10/2011, 07:48 PM
He likes them large.....LMAO.

SicEmBaylor
12/10/2011, 08:34 PM
In all honesty Froston, he's not very large. I take bigger ****s than him. And I'm only 5' 10".

Oh. You meant "LARGE"

I'll leave that one alone.
Well, everyone is large by my standards.

Flagstaffsooner
12/10/2011, 08:54 PM
RGIII wins!

Flagstaffsooner
12/10/2011, 08:55 PM
How did Johnny Rogers get out of jail?

tulsaoilerfan
12/10/2011, 08:57 PM
Sic em has a boner! Lol

Blue
12/10/2011, 08:57 PM
Did he thank BV?

Badum-ching!

Soonerus
12/10/2011, 09:21 PM
Stiff now 10 for 10...

StoopTroup
12/10/2011, 09:24 PM
http://www.nerdnirvana.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/bear-dick-punch.jpg

Soonerus
12/10/2011, 09:28 PM
http://www.nerdnirvana.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/bear-dick-punch.jpg

Nice ST...

OU-HSV
12/10/2011, 10:03 PM
I'm curious to what you're referring to there. I can't think of anything RG3 has said that made him seem like anything but a classy individual. And he definitely deserves this award.I was referring to the Heisman comment he made (that others have already mentioned since my previous post), and another one that I recall is after we kicked Baylor's *** in '08 he said something along the lines of "Oklahoma's defense wasn't as good as people thought" (which made no sense after THAT game because he/his team were basically dominated).
Now I'm not saying he didn't deserve it or he's a thug because of these comments,I clearly said he deserved it. I was just saying they were interesting comments and came across as somewhat arrogant. Seems I've heard other quotes from him in the past too but I can't give specifics cause I don't remember them exactly.
Anyway, I did forget that a few days later last week (after his Heisman comment) he clarified what the media didn't initially clarify. (which is what Sicem mentioned in a reply a few posts before this post).
So I'm glad he won it, he deserved it, and if I were him I'd enter the draft this year. Not worth the risk of coming back considering his playing style and since he's coming off such a great season.

StoopTroup
12/10/2011, 11:10 PM
I want to know if he won it easily or squeezed it out like a bear squeezing out a truck load of salmon bones.

allanace16
12/11/2011, 02:35 AM
I want to know if he won it easily or squeezed it out like a bear squeezing out a truck load of salmon bones.

He was about 300 points ahead of Luck and 700 ahead of Richardson, so that's a pretty comfy margin. There's been a lot closer in recent years. Not the runaway type of victory that Cam Newton enjoyed though.

SicEmBaylor
12/11/2011, 02:44 AM
He was about 300 points ahead of Luck and 700 ahead of Richardson, so that's a pretty comfy margin. There's been a lot closer in recent years. Not the runaway type of victory that Cam Newton enjoyed though.
To be fair, the Heisman race was a lot clearer last year. There was some pretty tough competition this year. I actually knew little about Andrew Luck except for his stats and a few highlights here and there. He is a highly impressive guy. I think the right person won, but Andrew Luck seems like a hell of a winner both on the field and in life. He may not have won the Heisman, but he'll go to the NFL and make his millions. I'd take the millions.

allanace16
12/11/2011, 02:46 AM
I was referring to the Heisman comment he made (that others have already mentioned since my previous post), and another one that I recall is after we kicked Baylor's *** in '08 he said something along the lines of "Oklahoma's defense wasn't as good as people thought" (which made no sense after THAT game because he/his team were basically dominated).
Now I'm not saying he didn't deserve it or he's a thug because of these comments,I clearly said he deserved it. I was just saying they were interesting comments and came across as somewhat arrogant. Seems I've heard other quotes from him in the past too but I can't give specifics cause I don't remember them exactly.
Anyway, I did forget that a few days later last week (after his Heisman comment) he clarified what the media didn't initially clarify. (which is what Sicem mentioned in a reply a few posts before this post).
So I'm glad he won it, he deserved it, and if I were him I'd enter the draft this year. Not worth the risk of coming back considering his playing style and since he's coming off such a great season.

Yeah I figure the Heisman comment must have come after our game, and I didn't see any postgame from that (driving back from Waco and really trying to get the game out of my head, honestly). There was no snark on my original comment, I was genuinely curious. The guy's almost Tebowish in that "excellent football player and it's hard to complain about anything the guy does" kind of way (ignoring Tebow's struggles being an effective NFL quarterback), but far less annoying, so I wondered what someone could be holding against him. The "deserving the award" bit was its own separate comment about RG3 and the Heisman, really didn't mean to direct it to you. Should have phrased it better. I think if his main concern was an NFL career that he should leave this year, but it seems like the NFL isn't that high on his priority list, like he has a fatalist view about it. He may come back, I have no clue how far he is into his master's, but that could play into it. I'm just about always of the opinion that you should go grab the cash when you can, as soon as you can, so I hope it works out for him whatever he decides (same to Landry)

allanace16
12/11/2011, 02:49 AM
To be fair, the Heisman race was a lot clearer last year. There was some pretty tough competition this year. I actually knew little about Andrew Luck except for his stats and a few highlights here and there. He is a highly impressive guy. I think the right person won, but Andrew Luck seems like a hell of a winner both on the field and in life. He may not have won the Heisman, but he'll go to the NFL and make his millions. I'd take the millions.

Yeah, I don't think there was anything wrong with how the voting came out. Andrew Luck (and really the rest of the field as well) was a very deserving candidate. It was just if someone asked me "was it close" I would say it was a solid victory for RG3 but nothing more. It wasn't Cam's victory, but it wasn't Ingram over Gerhart either.

OU-HSV
12/11/2011, 09:10 AM
Yeah I figure the Heisman comment must have come after our game, and I didn't see any postgame from that (driving back from Waco and really trying to get the game out of my head, honestly). There was no snark on my original comment, I was genuinely curious. The guy's almost Tebowish in that "excellent football player and it's hard to complain about anything the guy does" kind of way (ignoring Tebow's struggles being an effective NFL quarterback), but far less annoying, so I wondered what someone could be holding against him. The "deserving the award" bit was its own separate comment about RG3 and the Heisman, really didn't mean to direct it to you. Should have phrased it better. I think if his main concern was an NFL career that he should leave this year, but it seems like the NFL isn't that high on his priority list, like he has a fatalist view about it. He may come back, I have no clue how far he is into his master's, but that could play into it. I'm just about always of the opinion that you should go grab the cash when you can, as soon as you can, so I hope it works out for him whatever he decides (same to Landry)
Oh I know, I was just trying to clear up my previous post, no big deal.
His comment about the heisman was after they beat texass. As Sicem said, the media kind of hosed that thing up. They put him on the spot after the texass game in that on field interview and didn't explain the reason behind what he said, which at that time only made him look arrogant. But later RG3 cleared that up a bit through a phone in a couple days later. I wasn't able to watch the ceremony last night but I saw a replay of his speech late last night. I think he gave a good speech and made it clear he feels it's a team award for the Baylor Bears as well (which is fairly typical of Heisman speeches).

StoopTroup
12/11/2011, 01:19 PM
It's not a Team award though. He won it fair and square. Baylor won't beat us next year in Norman even if he comes back. He had a great Season and the Bears suck balls.