PDA

View Full Version : Gold Rush (Discovery Channel)

mdklatt
12/9/2011, 11:17 PM
It's not just me--those guys are a bunch of dip****s, right?

Here's a crazy idea: Make sure everything works before you wash a bunch of your gold into the river. Idiots.

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2011, 11:28 PM
Yup, I have experience with gold prospecting (with some success) and these guys are just stupid.

delhalew
12/10/2011, 12:02 AM
http://image.betamonline.com/sdimages/upc05/093624979012.jpg

StoopTroup
12/10/2011, 12:23 AM
I like it when they all bump their hard hats together.

8timechamps
12/10/2011, 01:32 PM
I couldn't pan gold if my life depended on it, and I tried once in South Dakota, but I'm pretty sure gold mining isn't something you just throw your life savings at along with four or five inexperienced people that depend on you for their future. Makes for good TV, but it seems crazy.

diverdog
12/10/2011, 01:58 PM
I made the mistake of reading the Gold Rush message board last year because I was totally into the series. This show is completely fabricated by True TV or something like that and apparently this is not the first foray the Hoffman's have made into reality TV. It also sounded like they just use people for their own means.

Dakota Fred was also on another linked message board and he said that they were a bunch of amateurs. The one comment that I found really interesting came from an actual gold miner in Alaska who said the porcupine site had been completely mined and that the glory hole that the Hoffman's were digging into had been filled with mining tailings. In other words there is not millions of dollars in gold in that part of the claim.

It is interesting that Discovery took down all the negative board comments.

I still enjoy the show just to see how stupid people can be. Todd=Homer Simpson Jack=Grandpa Simpson

StoopTroup
12/10/2011, 06:18 PM
I can't believe there are conspiracy theories. I'm sure that Dorcy allowed them to beat his *** in front of his Wife and kids.

I mean....that could have gone either way I guess but the thing is...he did leave the show and never came back. Now....maybe they paid him hush money and he decided to play a loser the rest of his life for some quick dough. Who wears a SF Hat hat anyway except the Village People....lol

Lott's Bandana
12/10/2011, 06:35 PM
They are nearly as inept as that mouthbreather that captain's the Save the Whales black ship.

StoopTroup
12/10/2011, 07:29 PM
I think they have one guy on the Show that is pretty funny. That Welder James Harness. Now he's got his GF up there and he's in love again for the 4th time and it's summer in Alaska.

He looked like he totally was just interested in hanging out in his trailer with that Gal for about a week....lol

C&CDean
12/10/2011, 07:32 PM
http://image.betamonline.com/sdimages/upc05/093624979012.jpg

Dude, one of my alltime pot smoking faves. Thanks.

delhalew
12/10/2011, 07:42 PM

One of those albums I was obsessed with before the age of five. I certain dad smoked a forrest whilst listening to it.

sheepdogs
12/11/2011, 12:22 AM
The new guy they brought into the fold named Dave .......? seems to have a level of intelligence that most of the others don't have. Harness also seems to know his stuff and is fairly crafty. It was rather stupid to spend all the time and money fishing in a lake w/o a fish finder so when they elected to have holes drilled to delineate where the gold deposits were actually was a breath of fresh air. But as Diverdog alluded to, the show is likely all contrived and that the father and son behind the group are fairly wealthy, but I still look foward to each episode hoping they can finally extract something to chew on as the idea of the challenge, adventure, and unkowns related to gold mining always turned me on.

I Am Right
12/11/2011, 12:31 PM
What Discovery needs is a reality story about grabbing fish with your hands.

StoopTroup
12/11/2011, 01:32 PM
I just hoping a ton of guys get off their lazy asses and go up there and go get gold and then when they find out it was all a lie.....they go looking for The Hoffmans, The Dakota Boys and The Discovery Channels Folks. I want to be at that Bar when it all goes down.....lol

StoopTroup
12/11/2011, 01:35 PM

Hell Yeah. I would play that on my way to Harborside to get my Cannabis. LOL

http://www.tampabay.com/multimedia/archive/00090/a4s_medicalmarijuana_90174c.jpg

http://harborsidesanjose.com/img/23.jpg

picasso
12/11/2011, 02:01 PM
You guys ever watch the show called Gold Fever? I used to years ago on one of those obscure satellite sports channels.
The host was a big dumb burly northern Cal redneck who basically walked around and talked while his wife filmed him.
Best episode was his scouting in the supposed Lost Dutcheman's mine. He first found some cougar tracks which scared the hell out of him, then a bat ran him and his old lady out of the mine. THEN, he squeezed back into a small cave and found some live, old, dynamite! Which made him **** his pants.
It was a good one.